User Reviews for Advil

2.8
Costochondritis 0 reviews 42 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Patent Ductus Arteriosus 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plantar Fasciitis 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Temporomandibular Joint Disorder 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Advil reviews 14 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Advil

Review by Random Human (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I recently got braces, the pain quickly started and lasted long. Luckily, I took Advil and the pain has subsided.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2014 6:19 PM

Review by riririn (taken for less than 1 month):

My tonsils have been hurting very badly the whole day that I felt like crying. 10 minutes after taking Advil, I felt such a relief. More than half of the pain was gone and I was able to take my final exams for school without any pain. Thank you so much Advil!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2012 7:45 PM

Review by When Dee:

For Pain: I've been taking Advil (Ibuprofen) since 1999 for headaches and body pains. I sometimes take this with the prescription medication Maxalt (which treats migraines) I've have REALLY bad headaches and migraines since I was in grade school and took Tylenol until when into my late 20's. I then started taking the regular 2 tablet dose, 400 mg. I HAVE on occasion upped the dosage (not on doctors instruction) to 600mg if the 400mg dosage isn't effective and the pain doesn't not subside within 30-45 minutes.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2012 7:50 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I'm starting to have pain in 2 of my fingers on my right hand, and I know that my family history has arthritis, so by taking 800mgs of Advil, it seems to take away the pain. I also found that putting heat on it, helps the pain also.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2012 11:44 AM

Review by Danbetsy06:

For Muscle Pain: A soon as I took it I started having blurry images, I couldn't breathe and everything turned for the worse. I feel like everything that surrounds me are circling or rolling.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2011 11:50 AM

For Headache: Definitely relieves my headache.

October 2, 2011 10:21 PM

For Muscle Pain: I have severe hip flexor pain, and my doctor recommended this. It did nothing for it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2011 12:02 PM

For Muscle Pain: When I have trouble sleeping I can take one Advil and sleep all night. I also use Advil when I have pains in my muscles or back from exercising too much.

October 27, 2010 7:36 AM

Review by psarq:

For Gout, Acute: I have used Advil to treat my gout for years. I start off with 3 when there's pain, then 2 every 6 hours throughout the 1st day. Beyond that, I keep it within the recommended dosage of no more than 1200/day and I typically do that much for the first 3-5 days after an attack occurs. I use the rapid release kind or it doesn't work at all.

August 1, 2010 9:22 AM

Review by Davee3:

For Sciatica: Taking up to 800mg Ibuprofen for persistent sciatica. It is more effective than Tylenol with codeine which didn't help - relief lasting about 1 hour.

October 13, 2009 4:37 PM

Review by MaMaChris:

For Muscle Pain: About a year after having my daughter my lower back and hips started hurting so bad (mostly from carrying her around) that I couldn't sleep. Advil worked great! One pill and I slept all night.

February 15, 2009 5:13 PM

Review by lanmanator:

For Muscle Pain: It's good for back problems.

February 13, 2009 1:04 PM

Review by twoslicktwotouch:

For Cystic Fibrosis: I tried it once and loved it. It was like hearing the Beatles for the first time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2008 12:24 PM

Review by freakinnaughty:

For Pain: I love this product! I was in severe pain until I started taking Advil. Right away I like felt the pain go away - it was like the first time I heard the Beatles. Thank you so much.

May 22, 2008 10:46 AM

Review by smoore002:

For Fever: Works great to reduce fever. For pains caused by fever I recommend taking 400mg of Ibuprofen (Advil) with 1000mg of Acetaminophen (Tylenol.) The two work well with each other and are safe to use together.

May 9, 2008 2:50 PM