User Reviews for Uribel

Learn more about Uribel.

Uribel Review Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 288 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Uribel to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"I had a lithotripsy done today with a cystoscopy and was prescribed Uribel for the bladder spasms and urination pain. I took it 3 hours ago and I'm still suffering from the painful spasms and burning urination. It isn't working for me."

Hello Sandra53 August 19, 2015

"I have suffered from overactive bladder for years, and my Toviaz is extremely effective, UNLESS I will be standing for a period of time (eg:outdoor concerts) Then my weak pelvic floor causes increased feelings of urgency and spasm. My Gyno suggested I take this prior to going out, and then I can stand comfortably w/o feeling like I have to constantly pee! It has greatly improved my social life enjoyment. I am prone to having serotonin syndrome, which is 1 of the possible side effects so I have to be sure I take my meds several hours apart, then I am fine."

OSASST June 8, 2015

"This medication made me into a normal person! I always had some kind of urinary tract infection and I would take medication and after I took the last pill within two weeks I had it again. I'm 65 and honestly I have been infection free because of Uribel. I take it once a day unless I don't drink enough water or liquid and I will take two. That's it ! IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE"

whyare74? March 5, 2014

"This medication definitely was effective in taking away the symptoms of urgency after I had a urinary procedure done. It worked pretty fast within 30min. However the side effect if "fluttering heart" was very negative for me as I have an anxiety disorder so the heart palpitations triggered me to get very panicky. The side effect starting after an hour of taking it and subsided about 2-3 hrs afterwards. Overall I would recommend this medication because the effectiveness was excellent."

OABsufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2013

"I LOVE THIS MEDICINE. I have chronic end stage Interstitial Cystitis. I've had it bad for 24 years and NOTHING worked but the URIBEL. I have taken Urelle and Utira-C and none of them worked. But this one takes away my bladder pressure & pain. I can immediately tell when it wears off. I am taking every 6 hours (4 times per day). I have Medicare and it doesn't cover it, but the relief from pain is well worth it."

pen2005pal (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2012

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Although it was expensive, it was well worth it. My interstitial cystitis had gotten so bad it hurt to walk, I had to keep an ice pack between my legs. Within one dose of this, I started feeling better. The one thing I would suggest is that the pharmacy put a warning on the bottle stating specifically that the medicine will possibly turn your urine blue/green. The first time that happened, it was quite shocking! Overall, this medicine really saved me when the other ones let me down."

Anonymous January 24, 2012

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine is terrific. I have interstitial cystitis and frequent urinary tract infections and both of these conditions were IMMEDIATELY helped when taking Uribel. I can hardly believe how well this medicine works because I've tried so many other remedies and none of them helped at all. I would always need to get yet another antibiotic which I was quickly becoming immune to and none of them worked any more as well. Uribel stops EVERYTHING...the burning, the urgency, the pain and the frequency. It's an amazing medication!"

Anonymous August 8, 2011

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Urinary Tract Infection

More about Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate)

Professional resources