User Reviews for Synvisc

Learn more about Synvisc.

Osteoarthritis 10 reviews 366 medications

6.4
Summary of Synvisc reviews 10 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Synvisc

Review by ryleesdad (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoarthritis: Received Synvisc injection about 3 weeks ago and experiencing severe pain at injection site. This does not seem normal.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 4:15 PM

Review by Joseph72:

For Osteoarthritis: My wife recently took her second injections of synvisc one, about 6 months after the first. The first seemed to help reduce the knee pain a bit and she was looking forward to a similar experience. However it appears she had a severe allergic reaction to this second dose with many of symptoms described in the adverse reactions section of the clinical trials. By the afternoon of the injections she was experiencing severe back pain and thigh pain along with chills and shivering. By the evening she was not improving and her fever reached 104 with nausea and vomiting. We took her to the ER. They could find no evidence of infection through blood and urine test. Her fever and nausea improved but stomach still upset two days later.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2014 11:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: Had the three shots of Synvisc and experienced no relief from knee osteoarthritis.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2013 3:41 PM

Review by Yonatan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: I had my first set of injections back in October 2012. I got almost immediate relief after a couple of days of swelling. It worked great for about three months then the effects started to wear off. I am hoping the second set of shots will work as well or better than the first.

April 10, 2013 12:55 AM

Review by Pastry chef:

For Osteoarthritis: I had my first 3 injections 5 years ago and helped me for 5 years of pain free knees. Now 5 years later I have had my first injection yesterday and the next 2 in the next 2 weeks. Hope this one will also do the job for the next 5 years. Had no side effects whatsoever. I had a great doctor who did my hip replacement and also did the Synvisc injections. The key is to get a good doctor to do the injections. I highly recommend this injection.

January 25, 2013 5:29 PM

Review by Utah Gal:

For Osteoarthritis: I first had the 3 in one injection 2 years ago with instant benefits and it lasted almost a year to the date. This is the 3rd time I have had the same injection but this time my knees are so swollen that I can not walk downstairs or get up from sitting. This is the second day and I am still hopeful that after the swelling goes down it will also last another year.

September 24, 2011 3:41 PM

Receive 3 injections in left knee and got relief of pain going up and down stairs, sitting position. I have had the pain for at least 12 yrs. I can't wait until my right gets the injections.

December 16, 2009 10:49 AM

For Osteoarthritis: I had my third injection 30 days ago. I find the improvement to my knee to be ongoing. Kind of a two steps forward one step back situation. I can now go up stairs almost normally. I no longer limp as I walk and the knee is relatively pain free. I have hopes that I will be able to play raquet ball again sometime in the future.

July 26, 2009 10:15 PM

Review by rutsy:

For Osteoarthritis: I did the three injections and got less relief than the cortisone injections I had. Plus the shots are expensive even with insurance.

July 3, 2009 4:46 PM

For Osteoarthritis: Synvisc gave me significant, almost immediate relief from the bone-on-bone pain in my knees. Since then, as I continue to learn about my knee problems, I now understand that some of the pain is in the tendons around my knees, which are inflamed due to severe bow-legs. Still don't understand why the bowing is increasing with my age, but this forces my tendons to stretch in an incorrect manner, more on the inside of each leg than on the outside. Unfortunately Synvisc cannot address this problem, although it does provide a nice separation between the joint surfaces which also suffer from excess pressure on the inside portion of each knee. I am currently looking into shoe wedges to improve leg straightness by preventing excess supination.

May 24, 2009 3:12 PM

Review by NeilBelek:

For Osteoarthritis: I have used Synvisc it for 7 years (getting injections every 6 months) and my doctor said I could be the poster child for the treatment. It held off my knee replacement by at least 5 years. I'd recommend it to anyone

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2008 9:25 AM