User Reviews for Vistaril

Learn more about Vistaril.

Vistaril Review Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1784 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Vistaril to treat Pain

"I take Oxycontin 60mg 3x a day, and Roxycodone 15mg 4x a day for chronic back/neck pain. Sometimes I do too much walking, or get severe neck pain that the pain meds don't control. I add one 25mg Vistaril and it enhances my pain meds effectiveness. About 3 to 4 hours later I become EXTREMELY drowsy, and often fall asleep, not good in the middle of afternoon! I think the occasional Ativan is almost as helpful, w/o all the sedation. Good drug, only if I can afford to be asleep."

SPIKEYSmommy July 28, 2015

"I have some conditions and I'm on pain 24/7. I use Fentanyl 100mcg every 72 hours and Percocet 2 each 6 hours. I have others medications; but with Vistaril I don't have to use the dosages of Percocet as prescribe it. I'm a veteran."

Anonymous August 14, 2012

"Great pain medication, much better than oxycodone without the side effects."

Anonymous September 4, 2011

"Awesome, works like magic!!"

Anonymous March 14, 2010

"I was given vistairl for pain soon after a neck fusion. The surgeon refused to believe that I was in such severe pain after he "fixed" me. Within hours of taking the medication I was in a deep fog. I could not concentrate or think clearly. This medicine also made my legs ache and I could not sleep until this medication was out of my system."

Anonymous December 2, 2009

"This medication made me very nervous and depressed. Almost like the effects I had from oxycodone. I had to stop taking it after 4 days."

hdstork October 12, 2009

"I have seen vistaril prescribed a number of times for pain, especially muscle pain. I found it useless for pain itself, but it was great to potentiate opiates and stop rashes that might develop"

leigh bray September 24, 2009