User Reviews for Hydroxyzine

Also known as: Atarax, Hyzine, Vistaril, Vistazine

Learn more about Hydroxyzine.

Hydroxyzine review summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1832 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Hydroxyzine to treat Pain

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): I have some conditions and I'm on pain 24/7. I use Fentanyl 100mcg every 72 hours and Percocet 2 each 6 hours. I have others medications; but with Vistaril I don't have to use the dosages of Percocet as prescribe it. I'm a veteran.

August 14, 2012 1:24 PM

Atarax (hydroxyzine): Good - in combination with gabapentin and hydrocodone for neuropathic pain.

November 16, 2011 8:20 PM

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): Great pain medication, much better than oxycodone without the side effects.

September 4, 2011 12:59 AM

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): Awesome, works like magic!!

March 14, 2010 10:23 PM

Review by theoldhenoftn27:

Atarax (hydroxyzine): This medicine did not help me.

January 24, 2010 10:42 AM

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): I was given vistairl for pain soon after a neck fusion. The surgeon refused to believe that I was in such severe pain after he "fixed" me. Within hours of taking the medication I was in a deep fog. I could not concentrate or think clearly. This medicine also made my legs ache and I could not sleep until this medication was out of my system.

December 2, 2009 10:17 PM

Review by jeri_ts:

Atarax (hydroxyzine): I have been taking this medication for several months for pain. It has provided minimal relief for Arthritic pain.

November 11, 2009 2:22 AM

Review by hdstork:

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): This medication made me very nervous and depressed. Almost like the effects I had from oxycodone. I had to stop taking it after 4 days.

October 12, 2009 10:13 AM

Review by leigh bray:

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): I have seen vistaril prescribed a number of times for pain, especially muscle pain. I found it useless for pain itself, but it was great to potentiate opiates and stop rashes that might develop

September 24, 2009 11:30 PM