User Reviews for Hydroxyzine

Also known as: Atarax, Hyzine, Rezine, Vistaril, Vistazine

Learn more about Hydroxyzine.

Hydroxyzine Review Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1800 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Hydroxyzine to treat Pain

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): "I take Oxycontin 60mg 3x a day, and Roxycodone 15mg 4x a day for chronic back/neck pain. Sometimes I do too much walking, or get severe neck pain that the pain meds don't control. I add one 25mg Vistaril and it enhances my pain meds effectiveness. About 3 to 4 hours later I become EXTREMELY drowsy, and often fall asleep, not good in the middle of afternoon! I think the occasional Ativan is almost as helpful, w/o all the sedation. Good drug, only if I can afford to be asleep."

SPIKEYSmommy July 28, 2015

"Hydroxyzine works great mixed with any opioid for anxiety pretty good with withdrawal from benzodiazepines. Works like a charm, if you have this medicine keep it around when needed it could save your life."

Sebastian silva January 17, 2015

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): "I have some conditions and I'm on pain 24/7. I use Fentanyl 100mcg every 72 hours and Percocet 2 each 6 hours. I have others medications; but with Vistaril I don't have to use the dosages of Percocet as prescribe it. I'm a veteran."

Anonymous August 14, 2012

Atarax (hydroxyzine): "Good - in combination with gabapentin and hydrocodone for neuropathic pain."

Anonymous November 16, 2011

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): "Great pain medication, much better than oxycodone without the side effects."

Anonymous September 4, 2011

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): "Awesome, works like magic!!"

Anonymous March 14, 2010

Atarax (hydroxyzine): "This medicine did not help me."

theoldhenoftn27 January 24, 2010

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): "I was given vistairl for pain soon after a neck fusion. The surgeon refused to believe that I was in such severe pain after he "fixed" me. Within hours of taking the medication I was in a deep fog. I could not concentrate or think clearly. This medicine also made my legs ache and I could not sleep until this medication was out of my system."

Anonymous December 2, 2009

Atarax (hydroxyzine): "I have been taking this medication for several months for pain. It has provided minimal relief for Arthritic pain."

jeri_ts November 11, 2009

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): "This medication made me very nervous and depressed. Almost like the effects I had from oxycodone. I had to stop taking it after 4 days."

hdstork October 12, 2009

Vistaril (hydroxyzine): "I have seen vistaril prescribed a number of times for pain, especially muscle pain. I found it useless for pain itself, but it was great to potentiate opiates and stop rashes that might develop"

leigh bray September 24, 2009