User Reviews for Atarax

Learn more about Atarax.

Atarax Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 714 medications used in the treatment of Allergies.

Reviews for Atarax to treat Allergies

"I have medicine and food allergies."

Tulaya December 8, 2013

"Used this medicine during a course of pain management, it helped tremendously with the itchy feeling you get from opioid medication. It was just short term use but made a great impact!"

twofunfeet July 26, 2013

"Best antihistamine ever, excellent for anyone who suffers from viral hives."

CarrieHC (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2012

"I took ATARAX when a child and started taking this medicine again approximately 2 years ago, from my Allergist. I have tried basically all modern oral prescription medicines (& those which have become over-the-counter). My Allergies induce ASTHMA! I take specifically created Allergy Antigen Shots (2 per wk/2 different vials) from Allergist which help greatly. Normally, unless I live on the coast, I'm bothered from indoor (dust, mold), outdoor (weeds, plants), & food allergies in the warm (non-frost/freezing) months. Each yr Allergies have become worse. I can take this 1 tab 1x per day or 2 pills at once if having a severe attack. I certainly recommend having an Allergist Dr, in addition to your reg Gen.Practice Dr. This Rx does NOT make me sleepy, though people say it can."

Europa (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2012

"Makes me VERY drowsy."

Anonymous March 16, 2012

"Best ever for stopping itch of eczema. Got to get used to the sleepiness, but gets better after long term use."

Anonymous December 8, 2011

"Works great against allergy (25mg) and also somewhat against asthma (due to the anticholinergic properties: dilates the airways). When taking Atarax I can reduce the amount of asthma reliever medication (terbutaline). Side effects: Drowsiness (in the beginning), headache (disappeared after the third pill), muscle twitches and some muscle aches."

the_chemist June 23, 2011