User Reviews for Zohydro ER

Learn more about Zohydro ER.

Zohydro ER Review Summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1799 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Zohydro ER to treat Pain

"I have been taking zohydro now for about 3 months and what a difference it has made. My doctor will be increasing the dosage from the 20mg to the 40mg because I still take hydrocodone for breakthrough pain and the zohydro doesn't quite take the pain away at the current 20mg. I started at a lower dose to see if there were any reactions to the medication and to date I have had none. It doesn't last the 12 hours as it says but that has been the case with any time released meds that I have tried due to my metabolism. It is hard to find and cvs pharmacy has paperwork that their corporate office has to have completed before they will fill the prescription and that can take a month. Insurance did cover it after a formulary exemption was filed."

4Csons (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

"I find it has helped far more than any other medicine. It does not seem to have many side effects as the others."

Robbyh2 April 23, 2015

"After a few years of trying different medication combination, the Zohydro is a God send."

DevilishDiva February 18, 2015

"I have just started this yesterday. I was in a hit &run accident that changed my life. It took over 2 years alone to finally walk as little as 25 ft with devices. I did every kind of therapy, pain medicines, patches, injections, etc. I would get some relief, but side effects prevents any return to normal routines or withstanding activities with family. My pain has truly limited my social and family life. Norco never lasts long enough, and the GI upset was bad enough to warrant the need of continuously trying to tweak the regimen. Having had a career and college degrees, I have rested to give in to the constraints of chronic pain. I have only taken 2 pills so far, but it seems to helping better, with fewer doses. I will post again in 1 WK."

victim of trauma accident (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

"Beginning month 2 of Zohydro. Cannot believe the negative press! It is a long overdue blessing to chronic pain sufferers. I have multiple back issues and surgeries. The Norco 4x a day was causing about as much issue with my stomach and intestines as helping with pain. Finally asked, is there an option? Pain clinic Dr said good results with Zohydro! As we are adjusting the dosage, I take 5 mg of norco for breakthrough pain, but consider that temporary. Me, my back AND stomach are much better and much more level pain relief. Thanks again!!!"

2b2bs January 21, 2015

"I have been taking Zohydro for two months now for herniated disc in back. I was taking Norco three times a day but would always wear off and with my liver condition, I was not keen on the acetaminophen that is in Norco. I can now go through my day pain free! I hope all the naysayers leave us chronic pain patients alone!"

Deenini December 30, 2014

"I have had chronic foot pain for 12 years. Zohydro is the only thing that has given me any relief throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2014

"I have horrible arthritis pain for many years...tried everything..I've been on Vicodin (10mg) 4 a day for about 6 years..Finally a pain clinic Dr. gave me Zohydro (40mg) 2 a day. I would say I am 80 percent pain free. Overall quality of life has changed. No more ups and downs. I have to remind myself to take the second pill. Thanks ZOHYDRO!"

patsysue24 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2014

"I have chronic back and neck pain from 2 car accidents, I was rear ended. Had to have a 3 level cervical fusion with titanium plate 5 years ago. I was on Exalgo 8 mg, with Dilaudid or Norco for breakthrough pain. Norco always worked better for breakthrough pain, but don't like being forced to take acetaminophen that's in Norco. Just switched to 10 mg Zohydro 2x/day. Side effects were headache, nausea and a knot in my stomach. Which lasted the first 1-2 hours. My Md gave me Zofran for nausea which worked. My pain control is great! I am also sleeping much better. I do take some Norco for breakthrough, but so much better! This is day 3, and side effects seem to be gone! Great medicine. Need to get coupon working for me. Thanks Zohydro!"

Equus (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2014

"After three years of taking oxycodone 10 ER and oxycodone 5 IR for three cervical anterior and posterior with instrument I ask my spine doctor to change me to Zohydro ER. The oxy was making me sick to my stomach and I was dizzy and tired. I have to report that after a few months on the Zohydro ER I was able to transition to not only getting off the oxy but I am almost pill free and pain free. I am so grateful for Zohydro ER. I was afraid I was getting addicted to the oxycodone and with the Zohydro ER I had no feeling of euphoria. I am so grateful. Thank you for giving me back my life."

finally relief (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

"I am suffering with Arachnoiditis of the thoracic spine due to 2 arachnoid cyst surgeries. Zohydro is far superior at lowering pain levels. It also does not upset my intestines or cause liver damage. At pain reduction it is A The best pain reliever ever. It also does not have the ups and downs in regards to pain levels that Norco's have. It is about time that a hydrocodone only medication has been offered and I really hope that the special interest lawmakers don't get their way and this medication remains on the market."

spinalwars (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2014

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Suffering with chronic pain from debilitating spinal injuries, I was always prescribed Acetaminophen containing hydrocodone. I was always getting bad acid reflux and digestive problems I would explain this to my original pain management Dr. And he would switch me from Vicodin to Percocet and the constant stomach issues continued. I switched to a new Pain Dr. I told him I was feeling fatigue and constant acid reflux when taking my pain medicines. He suggested trying A time released pain medicine with no acetaminophen he felt I was taking too much Acetaminophen and perhaps too many pills period (4 pills a day) He suggested to try Zohydro, I Am forever grateful I switched. Great relief of back pain and stomach problems. 10 stars."

Patrick k (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My doctor put me on this after my blood test came back showing signs of liver problems from the Vicodin I was taking. I'm actually much more satisfied with Zohydro. It only needs to be taken once daily instead of four times. I feel more consistent pain relief without the spikes and valleys of the other. Wish it would have been available sooner I could have avoided the possible liver damage I now have to deal with."

Anonymous April 15, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I would give this medicine 20 stars if I could. Finally a time release version of hydrocodone without any acetaminophen. I have been taking Norco 10/325 for a little over a year and it was starting to have little to no effect for my chronic back pain. I was always in constant fear about getting jumped up to oxycodone due to the Norcos not working anymore but then Zohydro comes along and changes the game! No side effects whatsoever for me and I'm getting a good 12 hrs of pain relief per dose! Another positive note is that I'm only taking 2 pills per day rather than taking 4-5 Norcos, and with the absence of acetaminophen I don't have to worry about damage to my liver anymore. THANK YOU ZO-HYDRO!"

MoshPitKing April 10, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Pain