User Reviews for Zohydro ER

Learn more about Zohydro ER.

Zohydro ER Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1898 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Zohydro ER to treat Pain

"I was taking oxycontin 20 with oxycodone 15 for breakthrough qid for severe back pain/spinal stenosis. Previous surgery 30 years ago and no known surgery to help except the experimental approaches with cages to lift. I'm in the business so not interested. Anyway, knowing my pharmacology, I moved from oxycontin (4 hours half life to zohyrdro 8 hrs half life. And, its' spot on. Neither is a true BID drug but Zohydro comes close and gives you maybe 6-7 hours of good sleep and if you wake up with breakthrough, take an oxycodone, wait 45 minutesw and go back to bed. Don't take another zohydro. Fairly flexible. eally works well for me. So much better than force fitting a TID or even a QID oxycontin as a BID. Look at the pharmacodynamics please"

Lyndwood1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

"I suffer from chronic TMJ, I can't eat apples, steak, most foods that require you to open your mouth, or my jaw will emit a loud bone-breaking-sounding CRACK followed by waves of intense pain WAY beyond the acceptable threshold. I'm only 33. An MRI, CTScan, several X-Rays, and worthless visits to "Specialists" did nothing but empty my bank account and receive the news that I have "two displaced discs in my face, and there's nothing we can do." I was about to give up then said heck with it and sought out a pain specialist. She witnessed the horrific noise, saw the X-rays and surgeon notes, and immediately put me on ZoHydro 20mg (twice a day) and thinking my woes were addressed, then they reformulated it and it's like taking aleve."

Ayashi (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

"Effective but on the slightly week side."

Ray321 November 17, 2015

"I have only taken Zohydro ER today. After 5 years of constant pain due to a back injury and R.A today Is the first day I have been pain free. I can actually enjoy sitting up watch TV pain free. Just 24 hrs ago my pain was so bad it ruled my life. Thanks To Zohydro ER, I see a light at the end of a very very long tunnel. The only side effect I have experienced today is I have had spells of being a bit sick to my stomach. But I do think being pain free out weighs that."

TisLovingLifeNow November 5, 2015

"I was taking Norco 10mg 4x a day but it wore off so fast, I asked the doctor for an increase of 20mg. He suggested 20mg Zohydro twice a day and 20 mg norco for breakthrough pain. The medicine is pricey and I had to give it up this month. I am shopping for price comparisons and I have the company coupon that will get 250 off. I didn't realize how effective it was until I gave it up. How stupid I was! This stuff covers me from getting out of the bed until it runs out, which is about 8 hours later, so I probably need to move up to the 30s. I have an appointment in a few days and I am going to tell my doc to keep the norco's and just adjust my zohydro and I will rob banks to pay for it.! I had my life back for awhile. I miss it."

5-O September 23, 2015

"Suffering from a back injury from 2001. Over a couple of years nerve damage on left side started. Surgery done L4 and L3 was removed and replaced with an artificial substance. Cage over spine with 4 screws. Limited back movement.I'm in constant pain always. Last meds on was Oxycontin and percocet for break through. Put on Zohydro ER, 30 mg. It's not working.its only been about 3weeks.Asking Doc to put me back on previous meds. It was job related injury."

Ina DeLoatch (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015

"I hate this drug. It will not allow me to sleep. Dries out my eyes, nose. I can't cry. Makes me a zombie."

zittos September 5, 2015

"I have chronic arthritis and have for 25 years. Believe me I have tried everything. Finally pain clinic doc put me on Zohydro and I have my life back. I can't tell you how much it helps. Please don't let anything happen to where FDA takes this drug away. Why do the druggies have to ruin it for the people that are in pain always. Thank you Zohydro...thank you.."

Pattipotty September 3, 2015

"I have been taking zohydro now for about 3 months and what a difference it has made. My doctor will be increasing the dosage from the 20mg to the 40mg because I still take hydrocodone for breakthrough pain and the zohydro doesn't quite take the pain away at the current 20mg. I started at a lower dose to see if there were any reactions to the medication and to date I have had none. It doesn't last the 12 hours as it says but that has been the case with any time released meds that I have tried due to my metabolism. It is hard to find and cvs pharmacy has paperwork that their corporate office has to have completed before they will fill the prescription and that can take a month. Insurance did cover it after a formulary exemption was filed."

4Csons (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

"I find it has helped far more than any other medicine. It does not seem to have many side effects as the others."

Robbyh2 April 23, 2015

"After a few years of trying different medication combination, the Zohydro is a God send."

DevilishDiva February 18, 2015

"I have just started this yesterday. I was in a hit &run accident that changed my life. It took over 2 years alone to finally walk as little as 25 ft with devices. I did every kind of therapy, pain medicines, patches, injections, etc. I would get some relief, but side effects prevents any return to normal routines or withstanding activities with family. My pain has truly limited my social and family life. Norco never lasts long enough, and the GI upset was bad enough to warrant the need of continuously trying to tweak the regimen. Having had a career and college degrees, I have rested to give in to the constraints of chronic pain. I have only taken 2 pills so far, but it seems to helping better, with fewer doses. I will post again in 1 WK."

victim of trauma accident (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

"Beginning month 2 of Zohydro. Cannot believe the negative press! It is a long overdue blessing to chronic pain sufferers. I have multiple back issues and surgeries. The Norco 4x a day was causing about as much issue with my stomach and intestines as helping with pain. Finally asked, is there an option? Pain clinic Dr said good results with Zohydro! As we are adjusting the dosage, I take 5 mg of norco for breakthrough pain, but consider that temporary. Me, my back AND stomach are much better and much more level pain relief. Thanks again!!!"

2b2bs January 21, 2015

"I have been taking Zohydro for two months now for herniated disc in back. I was taking Norco three times a day but would always wear off and with my liver condition, I was not keen on the acetaminophen that is in Norco. I can now go through my day pain free! I hope all the naysayers leave us chronic pain patients alone!"

Deenini December 30, 2014

"I have had chronic foot pain for 12 years. Zohydro is the only thing that has given me any relief throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2014

"I have horrible arthritis pain for many years...tried everything..I've been on Vicodin (10mg) 4 a day for about 6 years..Finally a pain clinic Dr. gave me Zohydro (40mg) 2 a day. I would say I am 80 percent pain free. Overall quality of life has changed. No more ups and downs. I have to remind myself to take the second pill. Thanks ZOHYDRO!"

patsysue24 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have chronic back and neck pain from 2 car accidents, I was rear ended. Had to have a 3 level cervical fusion with titanium plate 5 years ago. I was on Exalgo 8 mg, with Dilaudid or Norco for breakthrough pain. Norco always worked better for breakthrough pain, but don't like being forced to take acetaminophen that's in Norco. Just switched to 10 mg Zohydro 2x/day. Side effects were headache, nausea and a knot in my stomach. Which lasted the first 1-2 hours. My Md gave me Zofran for nausea which worked. My pain control is great! I am also sleeping much better. I do take some Norco for breakthrough, but so much better! This is day 3, and side effects seem to be gone! Great medicine. Need to get coupon working for me. Thanks Zohydro!"

Equus (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2014

"After three years of taking oxycodone 10 ER and oxycodone 5 IR for three cervical anterior and posterior with instrument I ask my spine doctor to change me to Zohydro ER. The oxy was making me sick to my stomach and I was dizzy and tired. I have to report that after a few months on the Zohydro ER I was able to transition to not only getting off the oxy but I am almost pill free and pain free. I am so grateful for Zohydro ER. I was afraid I was getting addicted to the oxycodone and with the Zohydro ER I had no feeling of euphoria. I am so grateful. Thank you for giving me back my life."

finally relief (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am suffering with Arachnoiditis of the thoracic spine due to 2 arachnoid cyst surgeries. Zohydro is far superior at lowering pain levels. It also does not upset my intestines or cause liver damage. At pain reduction it is A The best pain reliever ever. It also does not have the ups and downs in regards to pain levels that Norco's have. It is about time that a hydrocodone only medication has been offered and I really hope that the special interest lawmakers don't get their way and this medication remains on the market."

spinalwars (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Suffering with chronic pain from debilitating spinal injuries, I was always prescribed Acetaminophen containing hydrocodone. I was always getting bad acid reflux and digestive problems I would explain this to my original pain management Dr. And he would switch me from Vicodin to Percocet and the constant stomach issues continued. I switched to a new Pain Dr. I told him I was feeling fatigue and constant acid reflux when taking my pain medicines. He suggested trying A time released pain medicine with no acetaminophen he felt I was taking too much Acetaminophen and perhaps too many pills period (4 pills a day) He suggested to try Zohydro, I Am forever grateful I switched. Great relief of back pain and stomach problems. 10 stars."

Patrick k (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My doctor put me on this after my blood test came back showing signs of liver problems from the Vicodin I was taking. I'm actually much more satisfied with Zohydro. It only needs to be taken once daily instead of four times. I feel more consistent pain relief without the spikes and valleys of the other. Wish it would have been available sooner I could have avoided the possible liver damage I now have to deal with."

Anonymous April 15, 2014

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I would give this medicine 20 stars if I could. Finally a time release version of hydrocodone without any acetaminophen. I have been taking Norco 10/325 for a little over a year and it was starting to have little to no effect for my chronic back pain. I was always in constant fear about getting jumped up to oxycodone due to the Norcos not working anymore but then Zohydro comes along and changes the game! No side effects whatsoever for me and I'm getting a good 12 hrs of pain relief per dose! Another positive note is that I'm only taking 2 pills per day rather than taking 4-5 Norcos, and with the absence of acetaminophen I don't have to worry about damage to my liver anymore. THANK YOU ZO-HYDRO!"

MoshPitKing April 10, 2014

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate