User Reviews for Hydrocodone

Also known as: Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER

Learn more about Hydrocodone.

Pain 59 reviews 1070 medications

6.6
Summary of Hydrocodone reviews 59 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Hydrocodone

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My doctor prescribed 10mg once or twice a day to address some nasty sciatic pain. Maybe the dosage is low, but it really had no discernible effect on the pain after several days usage. I don't want another expensive shot to deal with it either. I have had two, and they only provided about one week of relief, while costing me plenty even with insurance."

Irishdude (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Was forced to switch from 4 to 6 Norco every 24 hrs. to Hysingla ER 30. I've gotten massive headaches every day in the past 6 wks. since starting it, far less pain relief, itching and swollen abdomen. My Dr. insists I need to stick with it."

Still hurting (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

For Pain: "am on hydrocodone with Tylenol for many years for tmj pain headaches. Last few months , does not seem to work as well."

Abbylove April 23, 2016

For Pain: "This made me weak with vomiting & nausea all the time, felt weak & shaky all the time"

& 11 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I started taking 30mg hysingla ER about 6 months ago for severe joint pain along with 3 Vicodin a day for breakthrough medication. I'm now up to 60mg hysingla ER but the 3 per day of Vicodin is just not cutting it. I'm in severe joint pain with RA and osteoporosis. May be possible Vicodin not strong enough I think Tylenol not strong enough for me. I keep running out of the breakthrough medication by 3-4 days every month. Any suggestions?"

brdie April 2, 2016

For Pain: "I've been up the ladder on pain meds., i have had chronic pain for 20 yrs.. I would just like to say oxycontin and hydrocodone is one and the same. however the mg.s is key. I am 5'7" and 140 lb. and have found 10 mg am and 10 mg pm has had the most positive effect on me and I have tried percedan. as well as morphine, 30mg three times daily. vicodin and an array of others. the hydrocodone 10mg x daily has won hands down. I will add NO prescription will remove pain 100%"

rea56 (taken for 10 years or more) March 31, 2016

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "It takes about 2 hours to start working, so it's definitely a long-acting medication. It says it lasts for 12 hours but it only lasts 7 for me, every time, without fail. I cannot just take the Zohydro ER but I need to take my rescue medication else be miserable for 2 hours before it works. It gives you constipation sometimes, even if you drink a ton of water. It seems to be weak pain relief. I wish it could work better and last longer. My doctor is switching me to a different ER pain medication now."

Pashta (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have had chronic lower back pain/degenerative disc disease for over 25 years, along with an L5 S1 diskectomy, my pain and my condition continue to get worse with time. In the past I have been on Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Fentanyl, and just most recently, Oxycontin 30 mg time release, did not like them at all. Even more recently I was prescribed Hysingla 80mg time release. I have been taking it for two days now and I am amazed at how I feel when I wake up! No pain, and slight withdraw, at which point I take a 10 mg oxycodone for breakthrough pain. It's been forever since I have woken up happy. Don't notice any side effects yet, can say, that it certainly does not last he 24 hrs.... more like 12-14, and takes a few hours to start working..."

Whoknew? March 27, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I find that this medication is unable to relieve my severe back and neck pain. Not only that, I now have severe migraines with use of Hyslinga. I feel that more research was needed before releasing it. I cannot handle increased pain which it had caused asking with dizziness and fatigue."

Dawn 32 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Was taking 10 7.5/325 daily for severe auto immune joint foot pain and nerve pain. 60mg time release. 9 out of 10 days I'm fully functional like a normal mom. My only issue is IBS... if I take in the AM and have my guts evacuate I am forced to suffer with only my 3 daily allowed break through pain medication. Then if I don't double up the break through the withdrawal symptoms cause my guts to keep dumping. I have slow digestion and it works about 19 to 22 hours. I imagine a regular digestive system would burn through this medicine before 24 hours. I tried it at night first and really enjoyed waking up without pain but had trouble the last 3 hours before the next dose. I would rather spend those wasted hours in bed each morning."

Lisa4942000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2016

For Pain: "After taking Hydrocodone for chronic pain for many years, I continued to complain of being uninterested in sexual intercourse, burning during ejaculation, and burning my wife during ejaculation. I have weaned myself off the drug and have noticed these symptoms are going away. Many doctors denied the fact that this drug would cause these problems, but I am happy to say now that I am off Hydrocodone, sex is almost back to normal."

OddReaction (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My doctor put me on Hysingla ER 20 mg on a few weeks ago. Hysingla is causing major problems for me at night. I am waking up 3-4 times every night due to pain and sleep walking. I believe I need an increase in the dosage or put me back on my original treatment of Percocet 7.5mg QID (4 times a day). I am scared that I might walk out of the house and into the road because of this medication. In the few weeks of being on this medication, I have left the house twice within three weeks. The last time this has happened was nearly 4 years ago."

tpain really (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Pain: "Funny"

Me myself (taken for 10 years or more) January 23, 2016

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was taking oxycontin 20 with oxycodone 15 for breakthrough qid for severe back pain/spinal stenosis. Previous surgery 30 years ago and no known surgery to help except the experimental approaches with cages to lift. I'm in the business so not interested. Anyway, knowing my pharmacology, I moved from oxycontin (4 hours half life to zohyrdro 8 hrs half life. And, its' spot on. Neither is a true BID drug but Zohydro comes close and gives you maybe 6-7 hours of good sleep and if you wake up with breakthrough, take an oxycodone, wait 45 minutesw and go back to bed. Don't take another zohydro. Fairly flexible. eally works well for me. So much better than force fitting a TID or even a QID oxycontin as a BID. Look at the pharmacodynamics please"

Lyndwood1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My Dr. just put me on Hysingla ER about a week ago. I take them faithfully every morning at 10a.m. and every morning I wake up with withdrawals. I have to take 2-4 hydro's besides the ER during the day for breakthrough pain, when I wake up in the morning, wow!!! My heart races, my palms are sweaty, extreme anxiety. I've been having to take a regular hydro in the mornings before the Hysingla ER just to tolerate the withdrawals & pain! Maybe being that it has only been going on 1 week since starting that it's wearing off before the 24hrs. not sure, but I know this never happened with Oxycontin. Will have to wait & see, if not better by my next appt. I am definitely changing medications."

Anonymous January 16, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "24 hr medicine for pain, I only got 6 hours of minimal relief. Started on the 20 mg for 1 month, then Dr switched me to 40 mg for 1 months, then 30 mg for 1 month. It always seemed to start working long after I took it, about 12 hrs and made me extremely sleepy and tired, along with pain. In the 3 months I took it, I gained 15 pounds without even eating more or differently because I was constantly nauseous with it. Who wants food when queasy? I have been prescribed and instant release pain med and have been on 2 days. It works great with no side effects and I have lost the 7 lbs of the 15 the hysinglia made me gain. Hopefully the other 8 lbs will come off quickly too because the weight gain from the drug caused my A1C to go"

Mrs C H (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I took one dose. I had no reduction in pain compared to Norco 10/325, 2-3 a day. In fact, I had more pain. Terrible side effects including a spike in blood pressure, headache, felt woozy, rapid pulse and what I believe to be an anxiety attack. It was a nightmare and all I could do was wait for it to finally ware off. I have impaired kidneys so it took 36 hours to leave my system. Horrible experience!"

No more narco (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I suffer from chronic TMJ, I can't eat apples, steak, most foods that require you to open your mouth, or my jaw will emit a loud bone-breaking-sounding CRACK followed by waves of intense pain WAY beyond the acceptable threshold. I'm only 33. An MRI, CTScan, several X-Rays, and worthless visits to "Specialists" did nothing but empty my bank account and receive the news that I have "two displaced discs in my face, and there's nothing we can do." I was about to give up then said heck with it and sought out a pain specialist. She witnessed the horrific noise, saw the X-rays and surgeon notes, and immediately put me on ZoHydro 20mg (twice a day) and thinking my woes were addressed, then they reformulated it and it's like taking aleve."

Ayashi (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have been on the pain patch, but it gave me such headaches. Been on hysingla for a few months at night I take it. I only sleep 4/5 hours a night. When it works it's amazing."

BooBear8012 November 26, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "MS-Contin 60mg daily since 1998 w/breakthru pain combo w/MSC-IR 30mg 3x day. Some dizzy + naseau @times w/MSContin. Began Hysingla ER 60mg daily 3 mo ago w/excellent results. No lumbar pain. 80% CSPINE pain reduction + NO side effects period. Does work around clock. Chronic discogenic pain in lumbar since 1989 post 3 level lumbar lami. PCDF C2-C5 + ACDF C5-C6 w/80% pain relief. Miracle Rx for me! NO addic. issues. Feel NO high w/sustained release meds. Just wish price will go down soon! Highly recommend for those w/mod- sev lumbar pain that tolerate opiates well. Also, like MSC, NO liver panels."

Lumbar/Cspine Fusions Multi Le (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 20, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Effective but on the slightly week side."

Ray321 November 17, 2015

For Pain: "Constipated, ringing in ears, depression, blurry eye sight, weigh gain, swelling, hot sweats."

Jewel diva November 14, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have only taken Zohydro ER today. After 5 years of constant pain due to a back injury and R.A today Is the first day I have been pain free. I can actually enjoy sitting up watch TV pain free. Just 24 hrs ago my pain was so bad it ruled my life. Thanks To Zohydro ER, I see a light at the end of a very very long tunnel. The only side effect I have experienced today is I have had spells of being a bit sick to my stomach. But I do think being pain free out weighs that."

TisLovingLifeNow November 5, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was taking Norco 10mg 4x a day but it wore off so fast, I asked the doctor for an increase of 20mg. He suggested 20mg Zohydro twice a day and 20 mg norco for breakthrough pain. The medicine is pricey and I had to give it up this month. I am shopping for price comparisons and I have the company coupon that will get 250 off. I didn't realize how effective it was until I gave it up. How stupid I was! This stuff covers me from getting out of the bed until it runs out, which is about 8 hours later, so I probably need to move up to the 30s. I have an appointment in a few days and I am going to tell my doc to keep the norco's and just adjust my zohydro and I will rob banks to pay for it.! I had my life back for awhile. I miss it."

5-O September 23, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Suffering from a back injury from 2001. Over a couple of years nerve damage on left side started. Surgery done L4 and L3 was removed and replaced with an artificial substance. Cage over spine with 4 screws. Limited back movement.I'm in constant pain always. Last meds on was Oxycontin and percocet for break through. Put on Zohydro ER, 30 mg. It's not working.its only been about 3weeks.Asking Doc to put me back on previous meds. It was job related injury."

Ina DeLoatch (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015