User Reviews for Hydrocodone

Also known as: Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER

Learn more about Hydrocodone.

Pain 47 reviews 1059 medications

6.9
Summary of Hydrocodone reviews 47 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Hydrocodone

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My doctor put me on Hysingla ER 20 mg on a few weeks ago. Hysingla is causing major problems for me at night. I am waking up 3-4 times every night due to pain and sleep walking. I believe I need an increase in the dosage or put me back on my original treatment of Percocet 7.5mg QID (4 times a day). I am scared that I might walk out of the house and into the road because of this medication. In the few weeks of being on this medication, I have left the house twice within three weeks. The last time this has happened was nearly 4 years ago."

tpain really (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Pain: "Funny"

Me myself (taken for 10 years or more) January 23, 2016

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was taking oxycontin 20 with oxycodone 15 for breakthrough qid for severe back pain/spinal stenosis. Previous surgery 30 years ago and no known surgery to help except the experimental approaches with cages to lift. I'm in the business so not interested. Anyway, knowing my pharmacology, I moved from oxycontin (4 hours half life to zohyrdro 8 hrs half life. And, its' spot on. Neither is a true BID drug but Zohydro comes close and gives you maybe 6-7 hours of good sleep and if you wake up with breakthrough, take an oxycodone, wait 45 minutesw and go back to bed. Don't take another zohydro. Fairly flexible. eally works well for me. So much better than force fitting a TID or even a QID oxycontin as a BID. Look at the pharmacodynamics please"

Lyndwood1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "My Dr. just put me on Hysingla ER about a week ago. I take them faithfully every morning at 10a.m. and every morning I wake up with withdrawals. I have to take 2-4 hydro's besides the ER during the day for breakthrough pain, when I wake up in the morning, wow!!! My heart races, my palms are sweaty, extreme anxiety. I've been having to take a regular hydro in the mornings before the Hysingla ER just to tolerate the withdrawals & pain! Maybe being that it has only been going on 1 week since starting that it's wearing off before the 24hrs. not sure, but I know this never happened with Oxycontin. Will have to wait & see, if not better by my next appt. I am definitely changing medications."

Anonymous January 16, 2016

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I took one dose. I had no reduction in pain compared to Norco 10/325, 2-3 a day. In fact, I had more pain. Terrible side effects including a spike in blood pressure, headache, felt woozy, rapid pulse and what I believe to be an anxiety attack. It was a nightmare and all I could do was wait for it to finally ware off. I have impaired kidneys so it took 36 hours to leave my system. Horrible experience!"

No more narco (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I suffer from chronic TMJ, I can't eat apples, steak, most foods that require you to open your mouth, or my jaw will emit a loud bone-breaking-sounding CRACK followed by waves of intense pain WAY beyond the acceptable threshold. I'm only 33. An MRI, CTScan, several X-Rays, and worthless visits to "Specialists" did nothing but empty my bank account and receive the news that I have "two displaced discs in my face, and there's nothing we can do." I was about to give up then said heck with it and sought out a pain specialist. She witnessed the horrific noise, saw the X-rays and surgeon notes, and immediately put me on ZoHydro 20mg (twice a day) and thinking my woes were addressed, then they reformulated it and it's like taking aleve."

Ayashi (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have been on the pain patch, but it gave me such headaches. Been on hysingla for a few months at night I take it. I only sleep 4/5 hours a night. When it works it's amazing."

BooBear8012 November 26, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "MS-Contin 60mg daily since 1998 w/breakthru pain combo w/MSC-IR 30mg 3x day. Some dizzy + naseau @times w/MSContin. Began Hysingla ER 60mg daily 3 mo ago w/excellent results. No lumbar pain. 80% CSPINE pain reduction + NO side effects period. Does work around clock. Chronic discogenic pain in lumbar since 1989 post 3 level lumbar lami. PCDF C2-C5 + ACDF C5-C6 w/80% pain relief. Miracle Rx for me! NO addic. issues. Feel NO high w/sustained release meds. Just wish price will go down soon! Highly recommend for those w/mod- sev lumbar pain that tolerate opiates well. Also, like MSC, NO liver panels."

Lumbar/Cspine Fusions Multi Le (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 20, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Effective but on the slightly week side."

Ray321 November 17, 2015

For Pain: "Constipated, ringing in ears, depression, blurry eye sight, weigh gain, swelling, hot sweats."

Jewel diva November 14, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have only taken Zohydro ER today. After 5 years of constant pain due to a back injury and R.A today Is the first day I have been pain free. I can actually enjoy sitting up watch TV pain free. Just 24 hrs ago my pain was so bad it ruled my life. Thanks To Zohydro ER, I see a light at the end of a very very long tunnel. The only side effect I have experienced today is I have had spells of being a bit sick to my stomach. But I do think being pain free out weighs that."

TisLovingLifeNow November 5, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I was taking Norco 10mg 4x a day but it wore off so fast, I asked the doctor for an increase of 20mg. He suggested 20mg Zohydro twice a day and 20 mg norco for breakthrough pain. The medicine is pricey and I had to give it up this month. I am shopping for price comparisons and I have the company coupon that will get 250 off. I didn't realize how effective it was until I gave it up. How stupid I was! This stuff covers me from getting out of the bed until it runs out, which is about 8 hours later, so I probably need to move up to the 30s. I have an appointment in a few days and I am going to tell my doc to keep the norco's and just adjust my zohydro and I will rob banks to pay for it.! I had my life back for awhile. I miss it."

5-O September 23, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Suffering from a back injury from 2001. Over a couple of years nerve damage on left side started. Surgery done L4 and L3 was removed and replaced with an artificial substance. Cage over spine with 4 screws. Limited back movement.I'm in constant pain always. Last meds on was Oxycontin and percocet for break through. Put on Zohydro ER, 30 mg. It's not working.its only been about 3weeks.Asking Doc to put me back on previous meds. It was job related injury."

Ina DeLoatch (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015

For Pain: "Very easily build tolerance"

Kane86 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 14, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I hate this drug. It will not allow me to sleep. Dries out my eyes, nose. I can't cry. Makes me a zombie."

zittos September 5, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have chronic arthritis and have for 25 years. Believe me I have tried everything. Finally pain clinic doc put me on Zohydro and I have my life back. I can't tell you how much it helps. Please don't let anything happen to where FDA takes this drug away. Why do the druggies have to ruin it for the people that are in pain always. Thank you Zohydro...thank you.."

Pattipotty September 3, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "30mg was good, but 40mg took my pain away, it was heaven. Except that 40mg made me so tired and drowsy that all I did was sleep. Couldn't function so that's not acceptable. I would go to bed at 7pm and wake up at 4pm the next day! So I'm going back to 30mg with breakthrough meds. But here is the thing I can't figure out...I take up to 10-15mg hydrocodone for breakthrough pain ON TOP of my Hysingla ER 30 but that doesn't make me sleepy, it actually kind of keeps me up at night. How bizarre is that? It's the same dosage but reacts completely different. That annoys me because the 40 worked perfectly!!! Except for the severe drowsiness. How can Hysingla ER 40mg be so much more sedating than Hysingla ER 30mg w/10-15mg hydrocodone on top???"

3level ACDF (2 failed fusions) (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Does not cure pain nor does it last anywhere near 24 hours - more like 10. Complete garbage."

lordbendtner (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I started taking Hysingla 40 mg about 10 days ago. It does take the pain away about 80% of the time. I wake up thru the night with only about 3 hours sleep. I also have terrible headaches now. I don't know if any of this is related to my medication as I checked the side effects, but this has only started since then. You would think taking pain medication I wouldn't have headaches. Talking to my pain management Dr next week."

applejacks August 26, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Does absolutely nothing I take the 20MG dose along with 4 alieve a day and 4-6 Tylenol.The Hysingla ER did nothing to help. All it does is make me very sleepy 4-5 hour after i take it threw the rest of the day. I mean so sleepy i wouldn't want to try to drive a car."

Earlthepearl-2 July 29, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've had a really good experience with Hysingla ER. I have had dibilitating Sacrio, SI Joint, sciatic nerve pain for 6 years. Tried chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage therapy, physical therapy, injections, electro shock therapy, and norco 10/325 4x per day for the last 4 years. I did get some relief, but not enough to make my daily life enjoyable. It's been a struggle with pain daily. Especially with three small children. Two months ago, my pain dr recommended Hysingla ER to me (as a last resort before surgery) and I decided to give it a shot. I started at 20mg, 4 weeks later 30mg, 4 weeks later 40mg. I can't believe the difference of my life since starting Hysingla!! I can take long walks again! I can grocery shop again!"

Rockpaperscissors July 26, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I take 120 mg at night but it takes approx 6 hours to start working & is completely worn off approximately 16-18 hours after dose."

Cocom July 20, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have been taking zohydro now for about 3 months and what a difference it has made. My doctor will be increasing the dosage from the 20mg to the 40mg because I still take hydrocodone for breakthrough pain and the zohydro doesn't quite take the pain away at the current 20mg. I started at a lower dose to see if there were any reactions to the medication and to date I have had none. It doesn't last the 12 hours as it says but that has been the case with any time released meds that I have tried due to my metabolism. It is hard to find and cvs pharmacy has paperwork that their corporate office has to have completed before they will fill the prescription and that can take a month. Insurance did cover it after a formulary exemption was filed."

4Csons (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "This has been the most costly, ineffective, pain CAUSING nightmare of my life! Not only did my insurance company deny its use, it actually caused more musculoskeletal then I already have! My joints feel like they have all been run over by a truck! The side effects are horrible! I only just figured out today, after being on this medication for the past 3 weeks, that the actual medication was making my pain worse! I have so much joint pain that I can barely get out of bed, not to mention the constant headache and severe fatigue! I will definitely not continue this medication, in fact, as of today, I am done and am going back to OxyContin. It may have a terrible reputation for being addictive, but at least no side effects!"

26yrpain (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "After a year of different meds trying to control pain i was put on hysingla er 40 with roxy 15 for breakthru.No medications will t ake all my pain away .Hysingla er 40 with the roxy 15 gives me controlable pain without the high feeling.It has allowed me to be more active."

spanky 88 June 15, 2015