User Reviews for Hydrocodone

Also known as: Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER

Learn more about Hydrocodone.

Pain 30 reviews 906 medications

7.5
Summary of Hydrocodone reviews 30 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Hydrocodone

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "30mg was good, but 40mg took my pain away, it was heaven. Except that 40mg made me so tired and drowsy that all I did was sleep. Couldn't function so that's not acceptable. I would go to bed at 7pm and wake up at 4pm the next day! So I'm going back to 30mg with breakthrough meds. But here is the thing I can't figure out...I take up to 10-15mg hydrocodone for breakthrough pain ON TOP of my Hysingla ER 30 but that doesn't make me sleepy, it actually kind of keeps me up at night. How bizarre is that? It's the same dosage but reacts completely different. That annoys me because the 40 worked perfectly!!! Except for the severe drowsiness. How can Hysingla ER 40mg be so much more sedating than Hysingla ER 30mg w/10-15mg hydrocodone on top???"

3level ACDF (2 failed fusions) (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Does not cure pain nor does it last anywhere near 24 hours - more like 10. Complete garbage."

lordbendtner (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Does absolutely nothing I take the 20MG dose along with 4 alieve a day and 4-6 Tylenol.The Hysingla ER did nothing to help. All it does is make me very sleepy 4-5 hour after i take it threw the rest of the day. I mean so sleepy i wouldn't want to try to drive a car."

Earlthepearl-2 July 29, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I've had a really good experience with Hysingla ER. I have had dibilitating Sacrio, SI Joint, sciatic nerve pain for 6 years. Tried chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage therapy, physical therapy, injections, electro shock therapy, and norco 10/325 4x per day for the last 4 years. I did get some relief, but not enough to make my daily life enjoyable. It's been a struggle with pain daily. Especially with three small children. Two months ago, my pain dr recommended Hysingla ER to me (as a last resort before surgery) and I decided to give it a shot. I started at 20mg, 4 weeks later 30mg, 4 weeks later 40mg. I can't believe the difference of my life since starting Hysingla!! I can take long walks again! I can grocery shop again!"

Rockpaperscissors July 26, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I take 120 mg at night but it takes approx 6 hours to start working & is completely worn off approximately 16-18 hours after dose."

Cocom July 20, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have been taking zohydro now for about 3 months and what a difference it has made. My doctor will be increasing the dosage from the 20mg to the 40mg because I still take hydrocodone for breakthrough pain and the zohydro doesn't quite take the pain away at the current 20mg. I started at a lower dose to see if there were any reactions to the medication and to date I have had none. It doesn't last the 12 hours as it says but that has been the case with any time released meds that I have tried due to my metabolism. It is hard to find and cvs pharmacy has paperwork that their corporate office has to have completed before they will fill the prescription and that can take a month. Insurance did cover it after a formulary exemption was filed."

4Csons (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "This has been the most costly, ineffective, pain CAUSING nightmare of my life! Not only did my insurance company deny its use, it actually caused more musculoskeletal then I already have! My joints feel like they have all been run over by a truck! The side effects are horrible! I only just figured out today, after being on this medication for the past 3 weeks, that the actual medication was making my pain worse! I have so much joint pain that I can barely get out of bed, not to mention the constant headache and severe fatigue! I will definitely not continue this medication, in fact, as of today, I am done and am going back to OxyContin. It may have a terrible reputation for being addictive, but at least no side effects!"

26yrpain (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "After a year of different meds trying to control pain i was put on hysingla er 40 with roxy 15 for breakthru.No medications will t ake all my pain away .Hysingla er 40 with the roxy 15 gives me controlable pain without the high feeling.It has allowed me to be more active."

spanky 88 June 15, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Hysingla er was a blessing for me!! Dealing with severe chronic pain for 16yrs. When Dr first told me I was very skeptical and at the point I told dr I was ready to have the surgery. I switched my pain medicine from OxyContin ER 20mg 2x day Norco 10mg 2xs day for break thru pain. I was still Watching clock bc I was still in pain waiting for next dose of pain relief. Now I only need 1 hysingla ER 30 mg. amazing!!! The pain does not control me I never thought I would know what it felt like!! If you're curious about HYSINGLA ER ask your Dr. Severely herniations L5/s1 purtrudes 7mm c3/4 purtrudes 4-5mm"

Nikki97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I'm use to norco 10/325 and I take four a day due to my job and major back problems. I switched to hyslinga er 40 once a day and it hasn't helped at all. I'm still in pain as I lay here and I haven't even noticed anything from the medication it's like tylenol or something. Ur better off with almost anything else good luck to others."

yogi the bear (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

For Pain: "Back Pain subsided"

pain21 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Very positive experience for me. Sick of taking Hydrocodone all day and night for chronic pain. Still taking Hydrocodone for breakthrough pain once most days, twice others but that is a big decrease for me. I am not nearly as sluggish and feel generally better."

WildLifeLover (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I find it has helped far more than any other medicine. It does not seem to have many side effects as the others."

Robbyh2 April 23, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Changed from several pills a day to the new Hysingla ER. Was hoping it was something I would like better for just once a day. I do NOT like this medication. You can not control the peaks due to it being time released and its unpredictable. Causes my eyes to feel heavy and hot.You can not drink at all with this drug, it will cause the medication to be released too quickly, possible overdose. I don't like having no control and I was having break though pain as well."

SugarLips45 (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "After a few years of trying different medication combination, the Zohydro is a God send."

DevilishDiva February 18, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have just started this yesterday. I was in a hit &run accident that changed my life. It took over 2 years alone to finally walk as little as 25 ft with devices. I did every kind of therapy, pain medicines, patches, injections, etc. I would get some relief, but side effects prevents any return to normal routines or withstanding activities with family. My pain has truly limited my social and family life. Norco never lasts long enough, and the GI upset was bad enough to warrant the need of continuously trying to tweak the regimen. Having had a career and college degrees, I have rested to give in to the constraints of chronic pain. I have only taken 2 pills so far, but it seems to helping better, with fewer doses. I will post again in 1 WK."

victim of trauma accident (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

Hysingla ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "At my job I needed medication that would last for up to two shifts or more 16 to 20 hours a day .I have been taking Hysingla ER 40 mg tablet, what a big difference. "

Spankey 5150 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "Beginning month 2 of Zohydro. Cannot believe the negative press! It is a long overdue blessing to chronic pain sufferers. I have multiple back issues and surgeries. The Norco 4x a day was causing about as much issue with my stomach and intestines as helping with pain. Finally asked, is there an option? Pain clinic Dr said good results with Zohydro! As we are adjusting the dosage, I take 5 mg of norco for breakthrough pain, but consider that temporary. Me, my back AND stomach are much better and much more level pain relief. Thanks again!!!"

2b2bs January 21, 2015

For Pain: "Seemed to do the job."

Frostbite (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2015

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have been taking Zohydro for two months now for herniated disc in back. I was taking Norco three times a day but would always wear off and with my liver condition, I was not keen on the acetaminophen that is in Norco. I can now go through my day pain free! I hope all the naysayers leave us chronic pain patients alone!"

Deenini December 30, 2014

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have had chronic foot pain for 12 years. Zohydro is the only thing that has given me any relief throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2014

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have horrible arthritis pain for many years...tried everything..I've been on Vicodin (10mg) 4 a day for about 6 years..Finally a pain clinic Dr. gave me Zohydro (40mg) 2 a day. I would say I am 80 percent pain free. Overall quality of life has changed. No more ups and downs. I have to remind myself to take the second pill. Thanks ZOHYDRO!"

patsysue24 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2014

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I have chronic back and neck pain from 2 car accidents, I was rear ended. Had to have a 3 level cervical fusion with titanium plate 5 years ago. I was on Exalgo 8 mg, with Dilaudid or Norco for breakthrough pain. Norco always worked better for breakthrough pain, but don't like being forced to take acetaminophen that's in Norco. Just switched to 10 mg Zohydro 2x/day. Side effects were headache, nausea and a knot in my stomach. Which lasted the first 1-2 hours. My Md gave me Zofran for nausea which worked. My pain control is great! I am also sleeping much better. I do take some Norco for breakthrough, but so much better! This is day 3, and side effects seem to be gone! Great medicine. Need to get coupon working for me. Thanks Zohydro!"

Equus (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2014

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "After three years of taking oxycodone 10 ER and oxycodone 5 IR for three cervical anterior and posterior with instrument I ask my spine doctor to change me to Zohydro ER. The oxy was making me sick to my stomach and I was dizzy and tired. I have to report that after a few months on the Zohydro ER I was able to transition to not only getting off the oxy but I am almost pill free and pain free. I am so grateful for Zohydro ER. I was afraid I was getting addicted to the oxycodone and with the Zohydro ER I had no feeling of euphoria. I am so grateful. Thank you for giving me back my life."

finally relief (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

Zohydro ER (hydrocodone) for Pain: "I am suffering with Arachnoiditis of the thoracic spine due to 2 arachnoid cyst surgeries. Zohydro is far superior at lowering pain levels. It also does not upset my intestines or cause liver damage. At pain reduction it is A The best pain reliever ever. It also does not have the ups and downs in regards to pain levels that Norco's have. It is about time that a hydrocodone only medication has been offered and I really hope that the special interest lawmakers don't get their way and this medication remains on the market."

spinalwars (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate