User Reviews for Benicar HCT

Learn more about Benicar HCT.

High Blood Pressure 17 reviews 262 medications

7.2
Summary of Benicar HCT reviews 17 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Benicar HCT

For High Blood Pressure "Made my skin very sensitive to everything and also a lot of joint pains that I did not have before. I also noticed a major change in #2 movements."

MOTTHAVEN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "Everything was okay but after a few weeks I noticed the following: My blood pressure yesterday 183/90, Weird feelings in my eyes almost like electrical shocks, blurred vision, diarrhea, I gained 6 pounds in a couple days."

Natalie20000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

For High Blood Pressure "I was placed on Benicar HCT for over 4 years ago, after trying many other blood pressure medications. It has been the only prescription that has significantly reduced my blood pressure without any side effects. The only bad effect it is the cost."

dasindog June 24, 2014

For High Blood Pressure "I'm currently on Benicar 20 mg and Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg. I started with the fluid pill first and I noticed weight loss but with headaches. I went back for a follow up and my blood pressure was even higher so my doctor put me on Benicar to take with the fluid pill. I noticed weight gain and pains in my sides. The good news is my blood pressure finally came down. The side effects have seemed to subside since I've spaced the time in between the medication."

Magicalrose24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2014

For High Blood Pressure "I have been on Benicar HTZ 40/12.5 for a little over 1 year. I have had only 1 minor side effect ( I need to urinate more often & urgently) and my blood pressure is well controlled. I tried other medicines and they just didn't work. I signed up for the right fit program almost right away. Next month my costs will drop to $15 per 30 days. If you are not enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, VA, TRICARE/CHAMPUS, or any federal or state government-funded prescription program. ( I have BCBS so I qualified) then you can join the right fit blood pressure program on the Benicar site and the most you will have to pay is $25 for 30 days. I'm not an advertisement or paid in anyway. I just want people to know the program is real & it works!"

tsiara (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2014

For High Blood Pressure "Took Benicar for 3 days. Had tightness in chest, ill feeling. Doctor switched me to Diovan HCT generic. Tightness went away and I coughed up some phlegm that was built up while taking Benicar. I am now fine after being switched to Diovan HCT Generic. Additional benefit - Benicar wasn't covered by insurance. It cost $130 per month. Diovan HCT generic by Sandoz cost me $4.00 per month with my insurance. And since Sandoz belongs to the maker of Diovan HCT. It is the same formula."

Big K (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2014

For High Blood Pressure "I started taking Benicar HCT six years ago. I have no side effects from taking this medication. My first prescription for 30 tablets cost me $75.00. My refill cost me $183.00 for the same quantity of pills. The medicine has increased in price 2.4 times since I have been taking it. Usually pharmaceutical companies decrease the cost gradually over time of the product, but price of Benicar has increased by leaps and bounds. Very difficult to handle due to my income."

John Hicks (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2013

For High Blood Pressure "I'm 33y/o, 5'7", 150# male, blood chem all perfect but diagnosed with hypertension (genetics) since I was 28y/o. I exercise at least 4 times a week (light weights lifting and playing basketball, sometimes biking and tennis). Have taken Losartan and Losartan HCTZ before this Benicar HCT. 6 days while on Benicar HCT 40/25mg: Lowest BP reading 101/52. Mild "Lightheadedness". Mild shortness of breath. Muscle cramping - Experienced very severe muscle cramps from torso down to the legs after playing basketball that I ended up in the ER due to severe body cramps and hyperventilation. It was the very 1st time that I experienced such terrible and frightening muscle cramps. Some itchiness in the scalp."

Kent! March 14, 2013

For High Blood Pressure "It is a good medicine. It brought my blood pressure down to where it should be. However, I did experience weight gain. This is evidence by the change of my medication to a different blood pressure medicine and losing 10 pounds in less than 3 weeks. I have not changed my diet in anyway since switching."

Anonymous July 22, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "This medciation had me stabilized within weeks - hooray"

ingh February 10, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "Work great for me, been on it for the past years."

Anonymous October 7, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "Great medicine. Been on it for over four years and have zero side effects. I mention that only because I seem to be one of those people that have all sorts of side effects with their blood pressure medicines. I take it in combination with Verapamil and my blood pressure consistently runs in the 120/75 range. I used to run 160/100-110. I too have the same complaint though, that it sure is expensive!"

RT_GUY September 20, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "About 7 years ago, my cholestrol, BMI, BP were 260, > 30, and 180/110, respectively. After 8 weeks of exercise, I lost 40 lb, new BMI =19. Cholestrol < 170, BP=145/100. Started Toporol 25mg. A year later, added Benicar 20/12.5. I have a frequent side effect that Doctor doesn't understand: I call it GyaRel11am Syndrome. At around 11 am (after 3 hrs of intake of medicine), I feel bad. Hand/feet feel cold. I am confused. I rush to take lunch. In next 15 min, I am normal for whole day. "

GyaRel August 13, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "After taking this medication for approximately 3-4 days I had wheezing and difficulty breathing. Please be mindful of all side effects. "

Debbie R June 8, 2010

For High Blood Pressure "I've been taking Benicar 40mg for the last year. It definitely helps bring down my blood pressure with no side effects. I keep trying to find another blood pressure medicine that is less expensive but always return to Benicar because of the low incidence of side effects."

Anonymous July 8, 2009

For High Blood Pressure "I've been taking Benicar HTC for a little over a year. I eat a lot more salads and reduced my sugar intake to lose weight. After losing 15 lbs my doctor lowered my dose from 40/12.5 to 20/12.5. I wish this drug was not so expensive."

Anonymous January 31, 2009

"I agree that Benicar HCT s wonderful. I have been using it for 3 months but it is very expensive."

Robster April 17, 2008

For High Blood Pressure "I have been using Benicar Hct 40mg for the past 2 years and it has realy helped lower my blood pressure. I love it so much, only that it is very expensive."

Estie March 19, 2008

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate