User Reviews for Hyzaar

Learn more about Hyzaar.

Hyzaar Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 254 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Hyzaar to treat High Blood Pressure

"I've been on for a week. I've never felt better, I've had an on and off fast heart beat and arrhythmia for 15 years, been checked multiple times for by heart doctor, always came back negative. I haven't felt this good since I was a kid, no more fast heart beat, no more chest pain or tightness, I feel relaxed and normal, a little thirsty but that's it."

dad82 February 15, 2014

"While it is effective in lowering blood pressure, I have experienced side effects, to include ringing in the ears, dizziness, rapid heart beat, odd muscle pain and slightly elevated liver values. I also experienced rapid weight gain when switched to a generic version of the medicine."

DressageRider March 27, 2012

"I have used Hyzaar for 8 months. It does cause strange heartbeats and even much discomfort in right part of my chest about an hour after taking the pill. I never had any of that before."

Anonymous February 4, 2011

"I used Hyzaar for the last 6 years. The best thing that happened to me. No side effects."

naber June 20, 2010

"Just started taking this a few weeks ago and its already working for me. Blood pressure went from 200/92 to 140/79 when last checked. Slight feeling of lightheadedness at first but gone now. Also take ibuprofen with no side effects."

Anonymous June 7, 2010

"Love it - been taking the medicine for about 8 yrs. Nothing else would bring my pressure down. Now it runs 110/125."

Anonymous January 30, 2010

"I have had uncontrollable high blood pressure and hypothyroidism for over 15 years. All the different blood pressure medications the doctors have given me never came close to how well Hyzaar works. Not only has my blood pressure been lowered to near-normal (used to run 190 /120 ) but I have also lost over 25 pounds of fluid from the hydrochlorothiazide. Nothing but high marks for Hyzaar. No bad side effects. I feel the best I have felt in a long, long time!"

tiger685220 July 30, 2009

"While Hyzaar did lower my blood pressure to normal levels, I suffered from a respiratory problem typically at night time with a gasping for air reflex several times a night. Effective drug but for me, a scary side effect."

tcterhune July 24, 2009

"I have been on Hyzaar 100.25 for 2 months, and it has proven to be the most effective of all the other blood pressure medicines I have taken over the last 6 years. I also take a 10mg Norvasc with it every day. I have experienced no side effects. I love it."

Anonymous May 17, 2009

"Recently started this medicine. So far no side effects and I am feeling better after about 5 days."

Anonymous May 3, 2009

"This medicine worked really fast at lowering blood pressure until the dizziness and feeling like passing out started. I may have kidney issues but I am on hydrocodone and this has an interaction with Hyzaar. "

l H April 25, 2009

"I have had high blood pressure for over a year and just started taking Hyzaar 2 days ago and already my blood pressure is 125/75. This is at least 20 units drop in each number and I have not experienced any side effects yet. I feel a lot better."

cured January 30, 2009

"No side effects from this medicine, after horrible side effects on others."

Anonymous August 11, 2008

"I have taking Hyzaar for 6 years without any side effects, my prescription co, wanted me to change to a different medication, they said there is not a generic, but thanks to drugs.com I found out there is a generic , Thank you for all the help when we need it."

lovekassie January 9, 2008

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about High Blood Pressure