User Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide / losartan

Also known as: Hyzaar

Learn more about Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan.

High Blood Pressure 27 reviews 213 medications

7.5
Summary of Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan reviews 27 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor put me on benazepril, and I started having a dry cough. That then turned into wheezing and insomia. He put me on losartan-hydrochlorothiazide, and my blood pressure is down with NO side effects. I am also noting that swelling has gone down in my feet and my back pain has vanished as well. I've been on it for a little over a month, and I am thrilled with the results so far. My insurance also covers much more of the cost than the old drug I used, so that's a plus too!"

Cleobethra (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "The Losartan did not control my blood pressure very well, and after about 6 months I developed arrhythmia and chest tightness. Went back on Benicar and symptoms decreased dramatically within 48 hours."

Foxglove108 May 16, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on lisinopril, but after a few weeks I developed the dreaded cough side effect. It took me over a month and a half to get rid of it. My dr. switched me to losartan. So far it has worked great. No side effects other than drowsiness, but that's okay with me. I take it at night and it helps me sleeps. Helps with my blood pressure and insomnia, kills two birds with one stone. Most of all I'm just happy to get rid of that lisinopril cough. That was making my life miserable."

Hawkeye Fan December 20, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "The medication does not make my extremities swell like the last medicine did. My blood pressure has been stable since I started on the medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2014

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been on for a week. I've never felt better, I've had an on and off fast heart beat and arrhythmia for 15 years, been checked multiple times for by heart doctor, always came back negative. I haven't felt this good since I was a kid, no more fast heart beat, no more chest pain or tightness, I feel relaxed and normal, a little thirsty but that's it."

dad82 February 15, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Very good for high blood pressure."

aylu February 18, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Nothing works better for me. I ran out and couldn't get a refill because I moved out of state. I tried lisinopril 20mg and it did not hold my pressure down. After monitoring it myself with a reading of 202/110 I ended up in the ER, why I didn't have a headache I don't know. I am now back on losartan/hydrochlorothiazide 100/25."

geegeeox (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 17, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I started using Lisinopril HCTZ and had muscle ache, lower desire for sex, but the blood pressure was in control 110/80. After reporting to my doctor he suggested Diovan HCTZ, I started losing a lot of hair but sex drive got much better. Met the DR again and was concerned about my hair loss as I read about majority of Diovan users lost hair. Switched to Losartan HCTZ 50/12.5mg and the blood pressure was under control and the best since started taking blood pressure medication. In the morning is the best time to measure it, prior to taking the pill, as its 24 hours after taking the pill. This pill is the most effective for me. I know its only a week but had couple coughs and couple times of slight light headedness feeling."

Shimmy April 9, 2012

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "While it is effective in lowering blood pressure, I have experienced side effects, to include ringing in the ears, dizziness, rapid heart beat, odd muscle pain and slightly elevated liver values. I also experienced rapid weight gain when switched to a generic version of the medicine."

DressageRider March 27, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "Tried it for cost reasons. Blurred vision, 24 hour headache, 4 hours of diarrhea every afternoon. Might work for some. I'm going back on Diovan."

Anonymous October 26, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "Have used Hyzaar for several years now in conjunction with other medicines for Type 2 Diabetes. Until recently I used this and never had any side effects other than slight cough occasionally. My ACTOS is now apparently struggling with my body to keep insulin at levels to keep my blood sugar under control. With two issues my anxiety attacks and dizziness have been more frequent. I have taken a few days of complete regime (food, sugar control, etc.) and things are coming back in line. My trip to the ER pointed to a muscle deterioration issue which I have to take up with my Doctor, A side effect mentioned for this drug. Weight gain and fluid retention are creeping back after many years of smooth sailing."

Melvin2 August 8, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "After trying 3 other treatments this has lowered my blood pressure and has not given me any side effects. I also wanted to have a generic since I don't have insurance."

Anonymous July 12, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "It really works and minimal side effects with me. I love it. "

Aso June 26, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "This is the only blood pressure medicine that seems to work for me. Minimal side effects. "

Anonymous March 8, 2011

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have used Hyzaar for 8 months. It does cause strange heartbeats and even much discomfort in right part of my chest about an hour after taking the pill. I never had any of that before."

Anonymous February 4, 2011

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I used Hyzaar for the last 6 years. The best thing that happened to me. No side effects."

naber June 20, 2010

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Just started taking this a few weeks ago and its already working for me. Blood pressure went from 200/92 to 140/79 when last checked. Slight feeling of lightheadedness at first but gone now. Also take ibuprofen with no side effects."

Anonymous June 7, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking Atenolol/Chlorthalidone (50mg/12mg) for 12 years and most of that time it kept my BP down to acceptable levels (150/90). Then a doctor said there was a much better medication: Hyzaar. So I started taking it instead. Immediately my BP was in the 190/130 range, and now after two weeks of trying it out, it's still in that range. I don't know whether to stop and go back to the Atenolol, or what. Doctor says keep taking for full 30 days, to determine effectiveness. "

bigmutt April 2, 2010

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Love it - been taking the medicine for about 8 yrs. Nothing else would bring my pressure down. Now it runs 110/125."

Anonymous January 30, 2010

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have had uncontrollable high blood pressure and hypothyroidism for over 15 years. All the different blood pressure medications the doctors have given me never came close to how well Hyzaar works. Not only has my blood pressure been lowered to near-normal (used to run 190 /120 ) but I have also lost over 25 pounds of fluid from the hydrochlorothiazide. Nothing but high marks for Hyzaar. No bad side effects. I feel the best I have felt in a long, long time!"

tiger685220 July 30, 2009

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "While Hyzaar did lower my blood pressure to normal levels, I suffered from a respiratory problem typically at night time with a gasping for air reflex several times a night. Effective drug but for me, a scary side effect."

tcterhune July 24, 2009

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Hyzaar 100.25 for 2 months, and it has proven to be the most effective of all the other blood pressure medicines I have taken over the last 6 years. I also take a 10mg Norvasc with it every day. I have experienced no side effects. I love it."

Anonymous May 17, 2009

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "Recently started this medicine. So far no side effects and I am feeling better after about 5 days."

Anonymous May 3, 2009

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: "This medicine worked really fast at lowering blood pressure until the dizziness and feeling like passing out started. I may have kidney issues but I am on hydrocodone and this has an interaction with Hyzaar. "

l H April 25, 2009

For : "I have had high blood pressure for over a year and just started taking Hyzaar 2 days ago and already my blood pressure is 125/75. This is at least 20 units drop in each number and I have not experienced any side effects yet. I feel a lot better."

Anonymous January 30, 2009