User Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan

Also known as: Hyzaar

Learn more about Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan.

High Blood Pressure 23 reviews 261 medications

7.5
Summary of Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan reviews 23 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/losartan

Review by dad82:

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I've been on for a week. I've never felt better, I've had an on and off fast heart beat and arrhythmia for 15 years, been checked multiple times for by heart doctor, always came back negative. I haven't felt this good since I was a kid, no more fast heart beat, no more chest pain or tightness, I feel relaxed and normal, a little thirsty but that's it.

February 15, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by aylu:

For High Blood Pressure: Very good for high blood pressure.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2013 3:00 PM

Review by geegeeox (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For High Blood Pressure: Nothing works better for me. I ran out and couldn't get a refill because I moved out of state. I tried lisinopril 20mg and it did not hold my pressure down. After monitoring it myself with a reading of 202/110 I ended up in the ER, why I didn't have a headache I don't know. I am now back on losartan/hydrochlorothiazide 100/25.

January 17, 2013 2:08 PM

Review by Shimmy:

For High Blood Pressure: I started using Lisinopril HCTZ and had muscle ache, lower desire for sex, but the blood pressure was in control 110/80. After reporting to my doctor he suggested Diovan HCTZ, I started losing a lot of hair but sex drive got much better. Met the DR again and was concerned about my hair loss as I read about majority of Diovan users lost hair. Switched to Losartan HCTZ 50/12.5mg and the blood pressure was under control and the best since started taking blood pressure medication. In the morning is the best time to measure it, prior to taking the pill, as its 24 hours after taking the pill. This pill is the most effective for me. I know its only a week but had couple coughs and couple times of slight light headedness feeling.

April 9, 2012 9:48 PM

Review by DressageRider:

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: While it is effective in lowering blood pressure, I have experienced side effects, to include ringing in the ears, dizziness, rapid heart beat, odd muscle pain and slightly elevated liver values. I also experienced rapid weight gain when switched to a generic version of the medicine.

March 27, 2012 11:14 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Tried it for cost reasons. Blurred vision, 24 hour headache, 4 hours of diarrhea every afternoon. Might work for some. I'm going back on Diovan.

October 26, 2011 10:07 AM

Review by Melvin2:

For High Blood Pressure: Have used Hyzaar for several years now in conjunction with other medicines for Type 2 Diabetes. Until recently I used this and never had any side effects other than slight cough occasionally. My ACTOS is now apparently struggling with my body to keep insulin at levels to keep my blood sugar under control. With two issues my anxiety attacks and dizziness have been more frequent. I have taken a few days of complete regime (food, sugar control, etc.) and things are coming back in line. My trip to the ER pointed to a muscle deterioration issue which I have to take up with my Doctor, A side effect mentioned for this drug. Weight gain and fluid retention are creeping back after many years of smooth sailing.

August 8, 2011 6:21 PM

For High Blood Pressure: After trying 3 other treatments this has lowered my blood pressure and has not given me any side effects. I also wanted to have a generic since I don't have insurance.

July 12, 2011 8:07 AM

Review by Aso:

For High Blood Pressure: It really works and minimal side effects with me. I love it.

June 26, 2011 10:24 AM

For High Blood Pressure: This is the only blood pressure medicine that seems to work for me. Minimal side effects.

March 8, 2011 9:12 AM

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have used Hyzaar for 8 months. It does cause strange heartbeats and even much discomfort in right part of my chest about an hour after taking the pill. I never had any of that before.

February 4, 2011 11:59 PM

Review by naber:

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I used Hyzaar for the last 6 years. The best thing that happened to me. No side effects.

June 20, 2010 9:41 PM

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: Just started taking this a few weeks ago and its already working for me. Blood pressure went from 200/92 to 140/79 when last checked. Slight feeling of lightheadedness at first but gone now. Also take ibuprofen with no side effects.

June 7, 2010 11:42 PM

Review by bigmutt:

For High Blood Pressure: I was taking Atenolol/Chlorthalidone (50mg/12mg) for 12 years and most of that time it kept my BP down to acceptable levels (150/90). Then a doctor said there was a much better medication: Hyzaar. So I started taking it instead. Immediately my BP was in the 190/130 range, and now after two weeks of trying it out, it's still in that range. I don't know whether to stop and go back to the Atenolol, or what. Doctor says keep taking for full 30 days, to determine effectiveness.

April 2, 2010 12:00 PM

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: Love it - been taking the medicine for about 8 yrs. Nothing else would bring my pressure down. Now it runs 110/125.

January 30, 2010 4:43 PM

Review by tiger685220:

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have had uncontrollable high blood pressure and hypothyroidism for over 15 years. All the different blood pressure medications the doctors have given me never came close to how well Hyzaar works. Not only has my blood pressure been lowered to near-normal (used to run 190 /120 ) but I have also lost over 25 pounds of fluid from the hydrochlorothiazide. Nothing but high marks for Hyzaar. No bad side effects. I feel the best I have felt in a long, long time!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2009 1:21 AM

Review by tcterhune:

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: While Hyzaar did lower my blood pressure to normal levels, I suffered from a respiratory problem typically at night time with a gasping for air reflex several times a night. Effective drug but for me, a scary side effect.

July 24, 2009 9:20 AM

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have been on Hyzaar 100.25 for 2 months, and it has proven to be the most effective of all the other blood pressure medicines I have taken over the last 6 years. I also take a 10mg Norvasc with it every day. I have experienced no side effects. I love it.

May 17, 2009 12:36 PM

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: Recently started this medicine. So far no side effects and I am feeling better after about 5 days.

May 3, 2009 7:34 PM

Review by l H:

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: This medicine worked really fast at lowering blood pressure until the dizziness and feeling like passing out started. I may have kidney issues but I am on hydrocodone and this has an interaction with Hyzaar.

April 25, 2009 8:34 AM

For : I have had high blood pressure for over a year and just started taking Hyzaar 2 days ago and already my blood pressure is 125/75. This is at least 20 units drop in each number and I have not experienced any side effects yet. I feel a lot better.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2009 3:07 PM

Review by cured:

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have had high blood pressure for over a year and just started taking Hyzaar 2 days ago and already my blood pressure is 125/75. This is at least 20 units drop in each number and I have not experienced any side effects yet. I feel a lot better.

January 30, 2009 3:04 PM

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: No side effects from this medicine, after horrible side effects on others.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2008 12:29 PM

Review by lovekassie:

Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide / losartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have taking Hyzaar for 6 years without any side effects, my prescription co, wanted me to change to a different medication, they said there is not a generic, but thanks to drugs.com I found out there is a generic , Thank you for all the help when we need it.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2008 9:15 PM