User Reviews for Gardasil

Learn more about Gardasil.

Gardasil Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis.

Reviews for Gardasil to treat Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis

"For a boy (19 years old) taking this Vaccination I havent gotten any bad side effects other then my arm being sore from the shot itself, I took my third shot today and I've been reading a lot of bad things about Gardasil. I doubt anything bad will happen being that I've already took the first two. Who knows? Guess Ill just wait and see what happens. As of my experience for now. Nothing but arm soreness and that's it. I hope everything is fine with this last one. Hope all goes well with everyone who decides to take it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2012

"Very effective when I got the first shot last year... in just 3 weeks my warts was gone."

kimchii February 8, 2012

"I don't know about the efficacy of this vaccine but I had no issues with the shot itself. It stung maybe slightly more than a flu vaccine but not bad. I had no other side effects. I got it in my 20s. My son got the vaccine too and his experience was similar - no issues. It seems to be a well-researched vaccine with a good safety record and HPV is so common these days that I think it's a good idea."

Anonymous January 13, 2012

"I'm 18 years old and have had all three of these shots. I don't understand why people make this shot to be such a big deal. It barely hurt when I got them. Even if it did, who cares? If the shot is going to help you out in the long run. I never had any bad side effects I recommend it to any woman who likes to be proactive."

Anonymous July 17, 2011

"Out of all three shots the third shot hurt the most. The first shot felt like a normal shot while the second stinged just a little, but the third shot my arm hurt for about 3 to 4 days. Overall I think that its worth it because it is for the best."

skb1996 March 12, 2011

"Hopefully I can rate the effectiveness as a 10. I have had my second shot and both my arms really hurt for about 2 minutes but after that the pain was gone and no other side effects. I think this is something that every woman or girl should get. It is really expensive and think a preventative like this should really be covered by healthcare or insurance at least (as mine is not and have paid $170 per/shot)."

Anonymous December 17, 2010

"I had the shot given to my daughter, she fainted (one of the side effects), she had never done this before, it was the scariest experience ever. The next shots went fine."

Anonymous November 17, 2009

"Got one shot, hair started falling out withing 2 weeks, got second shot- hair continues to fall out. Also have had other severe side effects including weight loss, constipation, numbness. "

Anonymous July 17, 2009

"I got the shot, the second one hurt the most. The pain in my arm only lasted maybe 2 hours at the most. When I got the last shot the nurse injected it into the joint of my shoulder, which hurt for a lot longer but that was the nurses fault, not the Gardasil. I had no side effects. I believe getting the vaccination was a smart thing to do and was worth it."

Anonymous June 9, 2009

"I got the shot and it hurt at first but after about 30 minutes, I never felt anything again. It's worth it."

Anonymous June 3, 2009

"I got really nauseous but I guess its worth it."

Anonymous April 24, 2009

"It hurt each time I got the shot. The pain would be there for a week or so. "

Anonymous April 22, 2009