User Reviews for Horse chestnut

Also known as: Venastat

Learn more about Horse chestnut.

Varicose Veins 2 reviews 6 medications

Hemorrhoids 0 reviews 148 medications Not rated - Be the first
Herbal Supplementation 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inflammatory Conditions 0 reviews 115 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nocturnal Leg Cramps 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Horse chestnut reviews 2 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Horse chestnut

For Varicose Veins: I started horse chestnut extract (Venastat) when I was about 27 years old after experiencing pain, throbbing, and tired, heavy legs. Varicose veins run in my family. I couldn't believe I had symptoms so young because I was thin, healthy, exercising and most of all, young. After about 1 month the throbbing and pain was gone. Over the years I was in denial about how much Venastat helped me and wasn't crazy about spending the $10 or so per box. I'd quit taking it and the pain, throbbing and tiredness would come back worse than before. At one point I couldn't sleep because I had such a terrible throbbing in my upper thigh/groin. I'm 40 yrs old and if I miss a dose the symptoms come back. Try it!! It's not a cure but it really, really helps!!

April 17, 2010 8:12 PM

Review by the caretaker:

Venastat (horse chestnut) for Varicose Veins: Mother-in-law was told to use Venastat, wear compression stockings at $125 a pair, and have surgery. This was four years ago. Takes it twice a day, did not have surgery, and switched from $125 a pair for compression stockings to Leggs Sheer Energy support stockings at $5 a pair. Her legs look the same as they did 40 years ago when I met her - her family doctor said they were ugly, but her arms and hands were uglier - cruel yes - but he and the entire family was trying to tell her to stop worrying about her legs - she is over 80 and this is discussed regularly (and health conditions and finances prevent surgery. The Venastat has not changed the appearance of her legs.

October 13, 2009 7:31 PM