User Reviews for Hydromet

Learn more about Hydromet.

Cough 19 reviews 775 medications

8.3
Summary of Hydromet reviews 19 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Hydromet

For Cough "Worked great for my cough but I made the mistake of taking it on an empty stomach and 8 hours later am still severely nauseous and vomiting."

justwannafeelbetter86 November 11, 2014

For Cough "The only cough syrup I have ever used that works every time."

Tony6420 November 4, 2014

"Amazing for pain and cough alike"

Lance ard July 24, 2014

For Cough "Was prescribed this for a sore throat and it worked very well. Even better, was that apparently it stopped my extreme snoring. Also, I had the best dreams while taking it: very vivid, dark and awesome. This stuff really made my throat feel better and helped me make a speedy recovery."

YetiMade November 10, 2013

For Cough "Was given Hydromet syrup for violent cough due to upper respiratory Infection. Works VERY well. The only problem I have is intense itching with any hydrocodone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2013

For Cough "Hydromet soothes my sore throat and I feel better within a day. The last two doctors only prescribed Benadryl syrup which does nothing and causes side effects."

Kayeae February 18, 2013

For Cough "I am an 80 year old female who hardly ever gets ill. The only medication that I take is Vitoryn and my cholestrol is way below 200. Last week I caught a chill and I felt it go thrhough my body. The next day I experienced what felt like a cronic nasal drip. I literally seemed to cough my brains out. As it worked out, I had a non-related appointment with my doctor. She spotted an upper respiratory inflamation and suggested Hydromet. Within 10 minutes I was a new person. No side effects..just great sleeping."

Mahalo March 15, 2012

For Cough "Was prescribed Hydromet around the time H1N1 was spreading. I had a nasty cough, brutal body aches and fever. As soon as I took a dose, the flu symptoms reduced significantly. The cough disappeared overnight. The only problem was the intense nausea that caused vomiting. Maybe should take with food to reduce side effects. Otherwise this syrup was a flu-buster like no other medicine."

broadway jay May 29, 2011

For Cough "I was taking Hydromet for pneumonia. It seemed to work quite well the first night, as I took it right before bed and I slept very well. However, I found that while taking it during the day, I got extremely nauseous and continuously threw up until an anti-nausea prescription finally came through. I usually do fine taking pill forms of codeine, such as vicodin etc, but find that in taking this during the day, it causes such dizziness that you feel like you're on a horrible theme park ride. Do not recommend if you are susceptible to vomiting from being too dizzy; seems to work for others though."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

For Cough "Just started taking this for a cough and all I've done when taking this is vomit and have the worst case of nausea ever."

Anonymous January 26, 2011

For Cough "The Hydromet worked great for suppressing the cough, but after the second day of taking it, I am experiencing dizziness, and slight hearing loss in my left ear. I thought I was experiencing vertigo (which has never been a condition I've dealt with), until I read the side effects for this medicine. I haven't taken the medicine in 2 days and I'm still dizzy. I've walked into walls, fell back into my seat as I'm trying to get up. "

thexy December 30, 2010

For Cough "I have had an awful cold for the last 2 weeks. I went back to my doctor yesterday because the medicines he gave me last week did nothing. Last night I took the Hydromet he gave me. I slept like Rip Van Winkle. The 1st good nights sleep I have gotten in 7 nights. I just wish my doctor would have given me this last week, and I am sure I would be feeling a lot better now. I have had no side effects at all. And am looking forward to getting more good sleep tonight. Thanks Hydromet makers."

Tiredofcoughing December 14, 2010

For Cough "I have a severe cold and have been having terrible coughing fits where I end up gagging and vomiting. My doctor prescribed Hydromet, and I didn't even plan on taking it because I usually find that cough medicine does nothing to help me when I have a cold. However, once I did take it, I noticed an amazing improvement. I went from coughing and not sleeping all night, to sleeping soundly through the night. It didn't completely take the cough away, but I can tell a huge difference. I've had my cold for a week, and I'm still taking it at night to get relief so I can sleep. I have had no side effects, except maybe more vivid dreams. They aren't nightmares, but I do seem to dream a lot more while I'm taking it."

Anonymous June 23, 2010

For Cough "I had such a bad cough, with a cold, that I felt like I was going to vomit. Continual coughing attacks kept me awake at night. Got this medication, Hydromet, and my cough stopped within 5 minutes. This is a great cough medication. No problems with side effects."

Tiger3 February 8, 2010

For Cough "I was coughing all the time. I went to the doctor about 3 times before he gave me hydromet syrup to take anyway when I read what the side effects were I was so scared to take it but I took only 1 teaspoonful and it worked like magic . Side effect did not bother me at all. I did not take it in the day only at night because I am asleep and no more coughing for me thanks."

davanieramlallaol.com October 15, 2009

For Cough "I took 2 teaspoons of this cough medicine because I have been bothered with consistent cough due to virus that has overtaken my family. Anyway, I fell in a twilight sleep where I could still hear the T.V and could hear myself snore. I was having scary dreams. I couldn't urinate when I went to the bathroom. Going into the 3rd or 4th hour after taking the medicine, I woke up with nausea, dizziness, and headache. I ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor with a pillow. That kind of reaction is not something that I want to experience again."

MALet April 24, 2009

For Cough "I got Hydromet for my cough because I had pneumonia. It worked awesome for me especially before bedtime so I could get a good nights sleep. I'm not used to taking narcotics and I thought maybe my stomach wouldn't be able to handle it, but like I said it worked great and it was easy on my stomach."

stanwood April 10, 2009

For Cough "I was prescribed Hydromet Syrup for a persistent cough while I had an upper respiratory infection. Although it seemed to take about 10 minutes to take effect, it did significantly reduce my cough. I felt only mildly sleepy for a few minutes after taking it and I could easily use it while working. Taking it before bed, it stopped me from waking every 1/2 hour with a coughing fit. Although I have sometimes felt nauseous when taking hydrocodone (Vicodin), I did not experience any stomach upset with this syrup."

B. Smith December 8, 2008

For Cough "I have been taking Hydromet cough syrup for 10 years. It works just as well today as it did when I started it (prescribed by my pulmonologist). I have a lung disease and cough incessantly. Sometimes I can stop on my own, but when I start gagging and vomiting, I take 2 teaspoons of the medicine and within seconds I am able to stop. I feel no narcotic effect, only relief from gagging. I have even had severe headaches from violent coughing. I would have no quality of life without Hydromet."

*suicidecity* May 26, 2008

For Cough "This medication was perscriped as treatment for flu, to be taken only before bed to keep my cough from preventing me from getting rest. It very effectively suppressed the cough so I could sleep. I did seem to be bothered a little more by dreams that woke me, but not cough."

Anonymous March 20, 2008

More about Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone)

Professional resources