User Reviews for Homatropine/hydrocodone

Also known as: Hycodan, Hydromet, Hydromide, Hydropane, Hydrotropine, Tussigon

Learn more about Homatropine/hydrocodone.

Cough 57 reviews 739 medications

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone) for : Amazing for pain and cough alike

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by GWalker22:

For Cough: I followed the instructions precisely to take one teaspoon;I took only one dose. The syrup caused severe nausea and stomach discomfort that persisted for more than 24 hours.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by Alan_22:

For Cough: I usually get a persistent cough when I come down with a head cold. So, just before bed I take 5 ml ( 1 teaspoon ) measured carefully. Fortunately, none of the stomach side effects (which seem to be more common with higher dosages.) During the day I live with the cough, which I understand is somewhat necessary to clear the lungs. If I didn't take anything at all I would never get a proper night's sleep when I needed it the most - to recover from an illness.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by Faf (taken for 10 years or more):

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This seems to be the only cough syrup that stops my chronic non-productive cough as it doesn't knock me out. At one time the directions were 1-2 tsps/4 hours. I found out that 2 tsps will make me drowsy and nauseous so I stick to 1 teaspoon.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2014 6:33 PM

Review by YetiMade:

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Was prescribed this for a sore throat and it worked very well. Even better, was that apparently it stopped my extreme snoring. Also, I had the best dreams while taking it: very vivid, dark and awesome. This stuff really made my throat feel better and helped me make a speedy recovery.

November 10, 2013 3:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Was given Hydromet syrup for violent cough due to upper respiratory Infection. Works VERY well. The only problem I have is intense itching with any hydrocodone.

June 21, 2013 11:26 AM

Review by Mrs Harris (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough: I have a nasty case of the flu and a severe cough which landed me in the ER. They prescribed this medication and I thought I knew what to expect but I was sadly mistaken. The severe cough was controlled almost instantly. I slept well, but the side effects were wicked. I felt dizzy, delirious even. It were as if I were drunk or even on acid, perhaps. I ended up vomiting multiple times the next day. The side effects of the medication can take up to 24 hours or more to wear off. However, this medication really does do what it is prescribed to do, and that's stop the persistent, hacking cough.

June 9, 2013 1:46 PM

Review by 15oranges:

For Cough: This medication is amazing. I have bronchitis, and it helped my cough so much that I was able to sleep.

March 14, 2013 3:39 AM

Review by Kayeae:

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Hydromet soothes my sore throat and I feel better within a day. The last two doctors only prescribed Benadryl syrup which does nothing and causes side effects.

February 18, 2013 4:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This medication worked great at stopping my cough immediately. I was diagnosed with bronchitis but I think it is now pneumonia. A strange thing happened though. I noticed every time I took it, a few hours later I would feel like I had the flu. My skin would hurt and I would actually get a fever which I didn't have before.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2012 12:34 AM

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This cough medicine is AWESOME for the nagging cough that comes with bronchitis.

April 20, 2012 6:25 PM

Review by Mahalo:

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I am an 80 year old female who hardly ever gets ill. The only medication that I take is Vitoryn and my cholestrol is way below 200. Last week I caught a chill and I felt it go thrhough my body. The next day I experienced what felt like a cronic nasal drip. I literally seemed to cough my brains out. As it worked out, I had a non-related appointment with my doctor. She spotted an upper respiratory inflamation and suggested Hydromet. Within 10 minutes I was a new person. No side effects..just great sleeping.

March 15, 2012 11:31 PM

For Cough: Was given this today due to week-long cough, congestion and runny nose due to bronchitis and possible pneumonia (still awaiting xray results). Took 1 tsp dose at 5pm, within 10 minutes had severe nausea and chest pain. Laid down, cold rag...symptoms disappeared suddenly within 10 minutes. Stood up, they came back. Repeated lying down/cold rag...symptoms went away. MIGHT have been because I hadn't eaten since 12:30 pm, but not sure. Only the one dose so far. Did have about 5 minutes of feeling like I was sedated, drifting/dozing off, but that went away also. Cough has virtually disappeared though. Can take Vicodin without having these side effects. Symptoms were identical to when I've had Morphine without Zofran immediately following.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2012 12:24 AM

Review by 6weekcough:

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I was prescribed Hycodan tablets for bronchitis 30 years ago and have never been prescribed anything that works as well to get a good nights sleep when I have a bad cough. When I ask for it, even when my doctor prescribed it by name they didn't have it in tablet form at my pharmacy. I end up with Vicodin, which does not work as well to stop the coughing. They both make me sleep, I would never take it in the daytime.

March 7, 2012 11:16 PM

For Cough: It stopped a persistent cough. But the side effects for me were unpleasant. Woke up the next morning with headache, nausea and like the room was spinning. Had no appetite for several hours.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2012 2:06 PM

For Cough: Worked great on my cough. Made me a bit restless though. I was able to take it during the day and not be sleepy, so that was a plus.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2011 7:56 AM

For Cough: I only gave this med a 5 because I have mixed feelings about it. As a cough suppressant it worked 'good' for me. Not great.. but I'm able to sleep better with less coughing. The cough is better. But the side effects have been awful for me. (I'm over 70 years old, so may react to medicines more readily). It makes me awfully drowsy and dizzy so that I won't drive. And after my morning dose today I started feeling nauseous and vomited (I have a cast iron stomach and never vomit unless I get the stomach flu).

June 11, 2011 2:00 PM

Review by broadway jay:

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Was prescribed Hydromet around the time H1N1 was spreading. I had a nasty cough, brutal body aches and fever. As soon as I took a dose, the flu symptoms reduced significantly. The cough disappeared overnight. The only problem was the intense nausea that caused vomiting. Maybe should take with food to reduce side effects. Otherwise this syrup was a flu-buster like no other medicine.

May 29, 2011 8:01 PM

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This is the ONLY cough medicine that works. Nothing else allows me to rest, therefore, allows me to get better.

April 28, 2011 10:02 AM

Review by dsmth:

For Cough: For some reason nothing stops my coughing. My doctor said try this and I did. It has been the only thing that I have found that will stop my cough.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2011 8:41 AM

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I was taking Hydromet for pneumonia. It seemed to work quite well the first night, as I took it right before bed and I slept very well. However, I found that while taking it during the day, I got extremely nauseous and continuously threw up until an anti-nausea prescription finally came through. I usually do fine taking pill forms of codeine, such as vicodin etc, but find that in taking this during the day, it causes such dizziness that you feel like you're on a horrible theme park ride. Do not recommend if you are susceptible to vomiting from being too dizzy; seems to work for others though.

February 28, 2011 12:34 AM

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have an upper respiratory infection, sinus congestion, and middle ear infection, and was given Hycodan for the first time in my life last night at a local emergency room, Within 45 minutes I actually felt human again, and my symptoms did not return until almost 8 hours later. This is an AWESOME medication!

February 7, 2011 9:09 PM

Review by cough_can't _sleep:

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Was up 5 times a night coughing. This did the trick. Only take the prescribed dose because it is really strong.

February 2, 2011 8:47 AM

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Just started taking this for a cough and all I've done when taking this is vomit and have the worst case of nausea ever.

January 26, 2011 11:06 PM

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Medicene made me very itchy all over.

January 23, 2011 2:40 PM