User Reviews for Haldol

Learn more about Haldol.

Haldol Review Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Psychosis.

Reviews for Haldol to treat Psychosis

"Best medicine I've been on to treat my psychosis without affecting my lipids! Experienced a little restlessness nothing major. Great overall experience!"

only1chris8204 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2015

"For years, my Dad had really bad anger issues. He continually kept my Mom in turmoil with his fits of rage to the point that one day she had a Stroke. It was horrendous. When both of them went to a Nursing Home, my Dad was evaluated and diagnosed as being psychotic. The Doctor prescribed Haldol for him and within 3 days, he was a brand new person. He was calm, he laughed, and he was such a joy to visit with. He remained this way until he passed away 5 years later. If he had been given this medicine years before, I feel my Mom would have lived another 20 years."

Anonymous June 24, 2013

"My dad started to see things and think things were happening that were not, He was put on Haldol and it works, they were going to slowly take him off it and when we took his noontime pill away he got bad again almost right away. This medicine really has worked for him and allowed him to stay home with us."

Anonymous December 15, 2011

"This is going to be kind of long and full of detail. I've been using Haldol for about 3 years now. It basically started when hearing voices got really bad. The combination of Geodon and Abilify DID NOT work. I admitted myself inpatient and got my Haldol. I started on 10mg. It took all the nasty symptoms away. And still does to this day. This is a one amazing medicine. I'm at the point with it now, that I can barely take 2.5 mg, (5mg cut in half) without feeling drugged up though. My body became very sensitive from it. You may gain some weight on this medicine. It does give you the munchies. However, I did weight watchers on this medicine and was able to take off some weight. Again, this medicine is down right amazing."

Kazamyst July 5, 2011

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking Haldol for a long time and it has controlled my condition very well."

Anonymous April 2, 2010