User Reviews for Mucinex D

Learn more about Mucinex D.

Cough and Nasal Congestion 130 reviews 1132 medications

Summary of Mucinex D reviews 130 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Mucinex D

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Musinex D worked great to clear up my chest congestion that two rounds of antibiotics didn't touch. But I didn't know that a side effect was insomnia. So, although I started feeling better soon after taking it last night, I was well aware of how good I was feeling right on up to 3am! I asked the pharmacist at our local store if Musinex D could have caused the insomnia, and she said yes, and not to take it at night."

EvannnaM April 29, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "It dehydrates you like crazy and I could not drink enough liquids. My throat got so dry it caused me to cough uncontrollably. For the past 3 nights I could not sleep... Even took 10mg of Ambien which usually knocks me out cold.... But it didn't work. I just found this site and learned that my insomnia is caused by mucinex d. Not worth the lack of sleep!"

Helped clear sinuses but.... March 31, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I am up in the middle of the night wondering why still awake after 3 hours. In reference to the majority of mucinexdm users i now see why. My heart speeding up then slowing down suddenly was very noticable. Dang it!"

Want to sleep guy March 30, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took mucinex d before bed because by sinuses were congested and I could feel mucus in my lungs making it hard to breathe. Shortly after taking the medication everything loosened up, my nose ran but I could breathe. Unfortunately it's now 6am and I haven't slept a wink and have had a rapid heart rate and anxiety. I have a headache and am too jittery to sleep. I did feel slight nauseous after I took the pill and very dry mouth now."

Kmac715 February 29, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion " It got rid of my cough but then made my nose run like crazy. Allergy symptoms while suffering from flu is a terrible combination. I am angry that my husband bought me this stuff instead of what I asked for. It kept me up all night and is making me irritable."

Amélie54 February 15, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Awful. Yes this medication did clear up my cough, BUT the side effects were awful! I was extremely jittery, lethargic, anxious, and then became nauseous as well. I would not take this medication again."

KCM18 February 14, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Totally worthless. Made my cough way worse. Every time I fall asleep I wake up coughing and choking. Wish it wear off faster than 12 hours!"

Hinst February 13, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Loosened phlegm but makes you feel VERY dizzy, drowzy, and dehydrated."

Blackbird1391 January 30, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Made my cough worst."

Nancyb29 January 18, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Please, if you`re going to try and treat a cold then go the natural route ! I learned the hard way. I`ve been sick with sore throat and nasal congestion since Tuesday-Wednesday and finally I asked my mom to go out and get medicine. My Mom went out and brought me Children`s Mucinex and after taking 2 doses [I`m 18 years old and 2 doses of the children's medicine is equivalent to the original] I lost all senses of smell and it wasn't worth it at all. I regret taking Mucinex and I googled this symptom and the people who has had this problem still has yet to gain there sense of smell back. I'm so afraid. On top of that I feel no real relief, just more pressure on my breathing."

Cee Lanai January 1, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "So I woke up coughing really bad lastnight and I had some mucinex dm night time. I took that to help me loosen up whatever was in my system. About 5-10 mind later I had this terrible terrible urge to throw up. This stuff does not settle in my stomach at all. This is the 3rd time I've tried it within a 2 month span. Everytime I feel worse. I'm just going to get rid of it. Not for everyone..."

Anonymous December 27, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Took Sudafed today and decided to try Mucinex D tonight for the congestion medicine in it. My sinuses are feeling less pressure but it's 2:00 am and I haven't slept a wink and the way my heart is racing I doubt I will. This should definitely be a daytime only medication."

Golfteam8 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "My mom caught the cold I have just beaten and it affected her much worse. After consulting a doctor/friend she recommended trying Mucinex 12 hour. At around 7 PM, she took to 600 mg tablets. She reported being awake all night with heart palpitations, jitters, and a pounding headache. She also threw up in the middle the night and feels nauseous again this morning. The cough is coming back as the Mucinex wears off. The drug worked to stop the coughing but the side effects can be hard on some."

The Keys (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took 2 pills at 3:00pm and fell asleep just woke up at 10:00pm. I still have a fever and coughing intensely. Did not work for me at all."

Chadillac December 12, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Took it yesterday and cleared me right up. I got really sleepy in the afternoon. But when I tried to take a nap, I couldn't. Went to bed taking a pm med (not mucinex) and woke up several times during the night. Didn't think anything of it until I took it today. I felt Euphoric and jittery at the same time. I was majorly thirsty. I downed 3 bottles of water in a row. I had the energy to clean the house a bit. I was roasting in just a t shirt. I took the medicine at 10am. Now here it is 7:30 and still feeling jittery. Less than before but still jittery. I also didn't eat all day other than the food I had with the mucinex in the morning. It seems food tastes weird. Seems the side effects were worse than having congestion alone."

DanielleS December 5, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "It helped with the runny nose and cough, but I think the side effects made it not worth taking. The first hour was the immediate release and it made me feel nervous, anxious, dizzy, nauseous, and I had awful tremors. After the first hour I come down a bit and didn't feel as awful. Couldn't get any sleep on it and being a mom of a one year old boy I definitely need my sleep. I won't be taking it again. Going to go back to DayQuil, NyQuil, cough drops... Not for everyone."

Nnnndndnd November 12, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Its worth to buy the day and night Max Strength to get you going again. It does make you have dreams and talk in your sleep but I rather have that then coughing with a runny nose. It seems to dry up the mucus real quick. SO I recommend the day and night if you want the full 24 hour affect and I only take 1 set of pill for the day and 1 set of pill for the night. Thanks Mucinex!"

Liz Contreras (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took this pill around 5:30 pm and It's 11:17 and I'm usually sleep by this time . keeps you up all night, makes you jittery, and it has you feeling like you're drunk. I hate the way I felt and it worsen the way my sinus felt. also I've experienced the heart racing and the weird dreams and blabbing off at the month. this product should be off the market"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "It helps with nasal congestion better than other medicine. But it gave me terrible headache and no sleeping all night. I stopped use it after 2 doses."

Awake all night (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Started taking this a week ago because of terrible congestion in my head and chest along with RX Tessalon Perles. I'd taken something years before with the same ingredients as Mucinex that helped immensely and thought that the money was worth it. I've been on it a week, every twelve hours, and haven't been able to sleep more than five hours a night (about 4am after taking it at midnight until 9 am.) I still have terrible congestion with heavy thick mucus. Just finally realized about thirty minutes ago that the Mucinex is the only change. I can't rest AND with the added jitters and insomnia I feel worse than before. I wish I hadn't taken it to begin with."

k8fearsnoart (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "This medication had zero effect on my cough. It was a total waste of time and money."

Quilter24 September 19, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I have been sick for over 2 weeks. Even taking antibiotics. After only 3 doses of Mucinex DM. I almosr cured. Thank you thank you thank you! !!"

Claud72 August 16, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Best Stuff Ever! I could not breath, or stop coughing. I had to go to the hospital after going to the doctors and getting no relief. The hospital gave me Mucinex, It started to work Immediately. Got the Over The Counter & Getting Better! Thank You!"

No More Mucus June 1, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Started it yesterday. I think it helps but I just realized it is the reason I'm warm. Feels just like a low-grade fever. I also take something for ADD, which is a stimulant. I think the combination of the two is what is causing the rise in body temp."

Warming Up May 2, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Whenever I use the 12-hour tabs, it helps almost immediately in satiating my urge to cough and/or does a good job of loosening whatever junk is in my chest. Grateful for that. However, it is now 1:46am -- been eyes-wide awake since 12midnight. I took 1 pill around 3pm, fell asleep nicely by 9pm, but BOOM - now jittery and think I'm going crazy, wondering why I can't fall back asleep. Praying. I will not take this anymore, or will only try to take an a.m. dose & skip the p.m. dose. Glad the mucus is lessening, but so not glad about missing sleep."

aolani (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2015