Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Mucinex D

Learn more about Mucinex D.

Cough and Nasal Congestion 100 reviews 1080 medications

7.6
Summary of Mucinex D reviews 100 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Mucinex D

Review by This issues:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I took Mucinex D 7 hours ago and I can't sleep and my sinus' didn't clear up a bit.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Chaz0329:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: The medicine itself works to relieve chest/nasal congestion but it keeps me from sleeping...first night I was thinking maybe it was because I was traveling but 2nd night same thing, and it's almost like it automatically wake you at around 2am. My second dose yesterday had me jittery and groggy during the day...don't know if I will continue to take this or not. I need sleep!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 2:47 AM

Review by VACNY:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: Great for congestion but I haven't slept for several days. I even stopped the second dose and took the pill at 7am, fell sleep normally but wide wake by 2am...fourth night like this but I am hoping to avoid sinusitis by taking this.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 4:52 AM

Review by Conbates:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: Have not had sleep for two nights because of terrible cough. Took Mucinex D today at 2 pm and felt good. Like a new person. It's now 11 pm and cough is back so another night of no sleep. Do I take another Mucinex D at 2 am? Don't know if it will keep me awake or not. Choice: continue coughing with no sleep or no coughing with no sleep!

January 15, 2015 10:08 PM

Review by Moime:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: Helped somewhat with congestion but I could not continue to take it due to insomnia (even after taking it during the day) jitters, dizziness, and anxiety.

January 10, 2015 6:30 PM

Review by Kagard:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: Took 1 Mucinex DM around 6 PM. My experience is like many here. It worked great on my congestion, but it is midnight and I am wide awake. I found this site searching for "Does Mucinex DM keep you awake?" Yup, it does.

January 2, 2015 11:07 PM

Review by Ceeceebee:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis and/or COPD. When I get a cold it usually goes straight to my chest and I end up coughing for days, Liquid Mucinex is the only thing that kept the cold out of my chest!

December 11, 2014 7:27 PM

Review by scub:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: It definitely works! Took with Zquil before bed and slept fantastic! The next night I only took Mucinex before bed and slept only 2 hours! But cough and cold was gone faster then ever before.

December 5, 2014 10:26 AM

Review by jc12345678910 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: This is the only stuff that works. It saves me every time.

October 17, 2014 10:54 PM

Review by jdkc4d (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I got the generic, of Mucenix DM. It has definitely cut down the congestion and the coughing which is great, but its made me extremely jittery. I hope this feeling wears off soon.

September 22, 2014 2:52 PM

Review by Lacie23 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I took two pills at 3:00 pm, I fell asleep around 10:30 pm and woke up wide awake at 1:00 am! I'm still sneezing and coughing but I'm feeling better than I was before so it works but now I'm wide awake and can fall back asleep and I feel funny like my heart beat is slower. I sure hope this feeling passes!

September 16, 2014 3:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I have bronchitis was coughing non stop with chest congestion. I bought a package of Mucinex DM, I took one tablet around 10pm fell asleep at midnight woke up at 2am jittery still completely wide awake at 6am, good news is I can breathe clearly I haven't coughed in 8 hours; it works that's why I give it a 9, but this stuff is really powerful, I might be awake another 24 hours.

August 19, 2014 9:18 AM

Review by Pamwa:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: It works but, it's the pseudoephedrine that keeps you awake all night tossing and turning and I had that for about three days. I was physically exhausted but, wide awake.

July 16, 2014 10:08 PM

Review by donnad775 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I wish I would have read this before I had taken it. I have been awake for over 24 hours! I've been sick for days and now can't sleep. Yes I can breathe and less congestion but now I'm exhausted.

July 2, 2014 5:35 PM

Review by Galatea (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I'm having a very severe nasal congestion from a cold. My normal DayQuil/NyQuil were not helping at all. Tried Sudafed, also did not help. Went to chemist in search of powerful medication and got the highest dosage of Mucinex D at the pharmacist's recommendation. Was warned about possible insomnia so I took 1 pill at 5pm thinking it's still more than 5 hours to bed time and I should be fine. Well, the congestion was gone. But I was up for the next 28 hours straight. The congestion returned after about 15 hours which makes me think the medicines effect must have worn off and I can take a nap. But no. After being up for 28 hours I decided that if I'm not getting any rest I may never get over my cold so I took a sleeping pill.

May 9, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Nick14683;?,($:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: Took it expecting to cure my stuffy nose/cough. I feel like it made it worse.

May 8, 2014 3:22 AM

Review by cloworm:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I read the reviews on Mucinex and was a little concerned but I was also desperate. For 2 months I had a thick post nasal drip that would cause me to constantly cough, especially at night. I had to sleep sitting up in my chair in the living room. I was wheezing, runny nose, coughing up tons of mucus or clearing my throat from it. I took one tablet at 8 am and another tablet at 8 pm. OMG I can clearly breathe with no wheezing or congestion or mucus getting in my way. I slept through the night and when I woke up my nasal passages and throat were clear.

April 23, 2014 9:53 AM

Review by Momma of three (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I thought it helped a lot, not a miracle or anything of course. I felt better and did not have any sleep issues while using it. I hope that is just dependent on the user.

April 10, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by up at night:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: Jittery and wide awake. But works great. Do not take before bed!

March 18, 2014 2:28 AM

Review by Solo672:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: It's 2:30 am and I'm wide awake! At the suggestion of my doctor, she said to take Mucinex D ... BIG MISTAKE! I'm definitely breathing perfectly, but I'm jittery and unable to sleep! Mucinex D in the morning, Sinex at night!

February 18, 2014 2:36 AM

Review by JmichGee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I've been plugged up literally for years and had found no relief until now. I had tried everything from frequently rinsing my sinuses with a neti pot system, to prescriptions such as Nasonex, warm/moist heating pads, other over the counter medicines, etc. At this moment I feel pretty great. I took my first Mucinex D tab yesterday late afternoon and my second one this morning. My nose feels completely clear, the pressure behind my eyes is gone, my head feels normal for once....even my ears feel less plugged and are not clicking and popping nearly as much as usual. I'm surprised I have not had the insomnia and jitters that it seems most others have experienced. No unpleasant side effects so far. I highly recommend this! The relief is worth the $$.

February 9, 2014 7:42 PM

Review by jodioctober:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I took this medicine (2 pills) at 9 PM. I went up to bed at 10:30 and was not able to sleep all night. I tossed and turned, felt wide awake, and I am now at work. It did clear my sinuses and my severe headache is gone. It also made me feel jittery or like I am experiencing anxiety. I am definitely only going to take this first thing in the morning.

January 21, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by MCarter584 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: Mucinex D works, but do not take the medicine at night. I cannot get to sleep for nothing, and the heart palpitations are really bothering me.

January 17, 2014 2:49 AM

Review by yawnnn:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: Bad case of Bronchitis and sinus pressure. I took Mucinex DM, 1 pill every 12 hours, for a week. I would fall asleep fine, but wake up 3-4 hours later and could not get back to sleep. I ran out of DM, and for the last few days took the Mucinex D instead. Not much sleep the first night, NO sleep at all last night combined with a lot of post nasal drip and the jitters. So glad I finally figured it out, as I'm a walking zombie right now. I will never take Mucinex D past the morning hours again.

January 16, 2014 12:10 PM

Review by Tired- insomnia!!:

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: I have not slept in 2 nights. It's 4 am and I'm wide awake. I'm so glad I found this website because I thought there might me something wrong with me. Would have never thought Mucinex was the culprit! Although it has definitely cleared up all my congestion.

January 10, 2014 5:15 AM