Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Mucinex D

Learn more about Mucinex D.

Mucinex D review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 619 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Mucinex D to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Review by SinusSufferer: User Rating:

I am a long-time sinus sufferer. Mucinex is a God send. Mucinex-D works fabulous for the morning and all-day relief. For bed, I just take Mucinex (without the D) so that I don't have the stimulant effect of the pseudoephedrine running through me. Works like a charm to get some sleep. Do not like generic versions. They don't work like the brand-name Mucinex does. Expensive but so worth every cent!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 2, 2011 1:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been taking the 1200mg for about 5 days now (every 12 hours as directed). I have had NO side effects. My body is very sensitive to certain types of medications, but this has only helped me. I started out with a bad cough and chest cold. After taking Mucinex for a couple of days I noticed the coughing decreasing. I now have a stuffy nose/sinus pain- but it also has helped with the congestion.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 1, 2011 10:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

When I took Mucinex D maximum strength for the first time, I did have great relief of congestion, but I also experienced very scary rapid heartbeat, dizziness and anxiety. The anxiety may be due to feeling like I had something really wrong going on, I'm not sure. I have taken many different OTC medications through the years and have never had an experience like this one.

February 25, 2011 4:39 PM
Review by MandyGirl510: User Rating:

Works very well with clearing up my nasal congestion but I took it at night and I am sleepless and jittery.

February 3, 2011 12:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Just remember there are 3 types of Mucinex: "D", "DM" and plain Mucinex. The "DM" caused my chest to ache but the "D" cleared up the mucus fast.

January 31, 2011 6:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I love this medicine. I am getting ready to go to Hawaii and sure enough, started to get a cold before the trip. I took this, along with drinking Emergen-C, and it dried up my nose and my cough was gone within 3 hours and I have yet to cough again. Only downside (and this could be because I'm only 105 lbs), but it did give me the runs. Fair trade considering I can now breathe without coughing on everyone.

December 16, 2010 1:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Love this product. I've used Mucinex before for cough congestion and I didn't feel that worked at all for me, but Mucinex D has already offered me much relief from my sinus infection. I couldn't breath through my nose at all and within 3 1/2 hours I feel better and can breathe. I took this with 2 Exedrin back and body for the severe tender/nose pain and feel relieved and comfortable. Still tired (no insomnia here; 600/600mg dosage) and ready to finally get some sleep.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 13, 2010 8:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am definitely feeling better as far as not being congested goes. However, I am writing this at 4:52am because I have not been able to sleep all night long. I took the medicine at about 8pm so I probably won't be doing that again.

September 6, 2010 4:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

As a flight attendant, I won't leave home without it. It's the only thing that will clear up tough congestion in my ears and sinuses that I sometimes experience on the plane.

May 31, 2010 2:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Took one pill before bed (about 8 pm) and was up, literally all night. Fell asleep the next morning at 9 am. The pill worked great on my sinuses but should have taken it in the morning. The packaging does not detail this side effect very well.

May 24, 2010 11:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This medication cleared my completely congested nose in about an hour. I could breathe perfectly clearly through both nostrils! However, as others have mentioned, it made my heart race, and when I was exercising later that night, I felt lightheaded and had to quit early. I also couldn't sleep that night. My heart was feeling very fluttery and I was wide awake in bed.

March 23, 2010 7:17 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have suffered Sinus problems my entire life, I have found that using a Saline Sinus wash 2 times a day ( Morning and Evening, before I shower) and takinfg Mucinex D when I am having really bad episodes, seems to be the perfect combo. I was also told that you should not take Mucinex D for more than 5 days. if you take it for 5 days you should go off of it for 15 days before going back on the medication. The Sinus wash is the secret, I also use a swimmer ears solution in my ears a couple of times a week and this seems to help with the build up of bacteria in the fluid that is always in my ears. I hope this helps.

February 15, 2010 12:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

It definitely works. But it is an intense stimulant and will keep you up all night. I would take one in the morning and that's it.

January 30, 2010 8:59 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I started taking Mucinex D a few days ago and since then my eyes have completely dried out. I've started getting severe earaches for the first time in my life, and I haven't been able to sleep. I have no idea why this is happening. I keep drinking tons of water but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

January 4, 2010 7:47 AM

Great sinus relief.

December 13, 2009 12:36 PM
Review by sleepy269: User Rating:

I am 235 lbs and took one at noon and by 1:00 PM I was feeling great! I did not take another but still could not sleep that night, neither could my wife who took one also. Almost a fair trade.

December 4, 2009 2:25 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This worked on my sinuses, however my heart rate increases so much that I feel jittery. The insomnia is a set back. The relief is great but I'm not sure the things that go with it are worth it. Although my heart rate being up made me lose weight.

October 14, 2009 10:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have had severe ear aches now for almost a year. I went to my doctor and she said I had a lot of fluid in my ear canal. So she suggested I take Mucinex-D. After taking 1 dose I could tell a huge difference. When I begin to have the symptoms again I automatically go buy my favorite medication Mucinex-D.

September 15, 2009 10:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This medicine gives me the runs after a few days of use but its sure better than coughing up a lung. I have found nothing else though that works as well when I get a head cold.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 1, 2009 10:28 PM
Review by Shiroh:

For years I had earaches and dizziness. Doctors told me that the drainage in my ear is messed up but tubes would not fix it as I'm past the age. One nurse practitioner put me on Mucinex D and it worked like magic. I use it only as needed.

August 20, 2009 3:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had been struggling for several days with a severe head cold that was beginning to expand to my chest. I was using other over the counter medications with little effect. A co-worker mentioned Mucinex D and I began to experience significant relief with the first dose. I did add an over-the-counter nighttime pain reliever which really helped me to sleep through the night.

June 23, 2009 12:38 PM
Review by southfield: User Rating:

After coughing for several weeks I went to my doctor who prescribed an antibiotic and Mucinex DM. I took the first tablet and drank a lot of water. Immediately my coughing was very productive. I highly recommend Mucinex DM!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 2, 2009 11:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I use this every time allergy season hits. It is awesome.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 15, 2009 11:01 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This stuff works for me. I am a very large man with a sinus system. When I am sick nothing works like Mucinex. A good side affect in my opinion as I don't retain as much water in my limbs.

March 24, 2009 4:11 PM
Review by cold and tired: User Rating:

I used this medication and had none of the insomnia or restlessness. I had the exact opposite reaction. I had been dealing with a sinus cold and was getting headaches from them. After using over the counter medication to combat the headaches I went to the doctor who prescribed Mucinex D because he said it was much more powerful. Long story short I couldn't make it through a day of work without sleeping. I at first related it to the cold, but when I halved my dosage I was still tired but not to the point of exhaustion when I took two pills. As of now my pills are gone and I don't feel tired in the least. Insomnia I can handle, falling asleep on the job I can't.

March 11, 2009 10:52 AM