User Reviews for Mucinex D (Page 3)

Learn more about Mucinex D.

Mucinex D Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 601 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Mucinex D to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

"Well I TOO am up right now, 3:07am. I thought it was my cough, which had a lot to do with it, but I was laying down causing the drip. Weird dreams, Yes. "

SuckaDucka November 20, 2013

"This medicine works great. I took two pills every twelve hours and my congestion and pressure was gone within two days. HOWEVER, DO NOT TAKE THIS AT NIGHT. I am talking little to no sleep...tossing and turning, waking up every 30 minutes, etc. So just take two pills in the morning and it will be all good!"

ArielL November 17, 2013

"I have had stuffy nose for over a month, been on 2 different antibiotics and various antihistamines and decongestants. After second dose of Mucinex D, I can breath again. Took first dosage four hours before bedtime, and a hit of Nyquil that night, and I slept great. I'm sorry that I did not try this a month ago."

Stuffynoseforamonth November 7, 2013

"Took at 7pm and wide awake at 1:40 am right now! No sleep in sight but I can breathe. Tomorrow should be interesting."

Gloriadsm (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2013

"I have to say, I wish I read this blog beforehand. I took a Mucinex D at 7pm last night and it's 9:30 am, I haven't really gone to sleep. I tried to fall asleep around 11pm, and after 2 1/2 hours of tossing and turning and CRAZY dreams where I wasn't really asleep but wasn't completely awake either, I got up and watched some T.V to get my mind to settle down. Needless to say, I was never tired after that so I've been up since. I noticed several people saying that you should only take one pill. The back of my box says to take 2 pills every 12 hours so I'm assuming there are two different types. Just beware....not only did it give me insomnia, but the dreams were seriously weird."

kfrye16 September 17, 2013

"I caught flu last week and after 4 days of congestion to the point I thought my head would explode, I took some double strength Mucinex. The pharmacist told me it was as strong as 12 cough syrups and to take it before I went to bed that very night, but after coming here first and reading reviews which claim insomnia, I decided to take it the next morning. Wow! I can breath out of my nose and I'm definitely feeling a lot better. The only problem is that it seems to have some sort of peppy ingredient in it which dries you out quickly if you're not actively drinking through the day. Still, a million times better than Lemsip!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2013

"Absolutely amazing! My partner and I have nasal congestion for weeks but 10 minutes after taking one, we coughed and all of a sudden were clear! I feel like I haven't used the bottom half of my lungs in weeks. A little bit expensive. "

Zany83 (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2013

"Very effective at relieving symptoms, but my husband and I both are experiencing insomnia and some anxiety with it."

Kd0714 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2013

"Yeah. If you want a good decongestant, Mucinex D is for you. Took my first dose at 4 PM, warned that it could cause "sleeplessness". Thought I was in the clear, but LOW AND BEHOLD I am hear writing this review to the world after that one dose. Current time: 7:15 AM. Taking another just to keep me up for class today. Hurray."

WhyCan'tISleep April 17, 2013

"I have suffered from allergic rhinitis all my life: dry swollen sinus; sinus pressure; headaches; blurry vision; dizziness; lethargy; all sorts of cognitive problems because of the lack of oxygen to my body and brain due to thicken mucus in my respiratory system; not to mention frequent bacterial infections due to accumulated mucus secretions. I had tried every other medicine under the sun. Mucinex has taken all that away and my quality of life has improved 150%. I strongly recommend Mucinex for those with sinus problems due to allergic rhinitis, or anyone who suffers from sinus any sort of respiratory congestion period."

SinusSufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2013

"Works great on my sinus pressure/cold, now I can breathe no more stuff up nose or runny nose. Had no problem sleeping but it did give me a severe headache--so now trying half the recommended dose, got immediate relief just waiting to see if it will still give me a headache."

nutz1990 February 20, 2013

"It worked just minutes after taking it, loosened up all the mucus!! Will definitely be a must have in the medicine cabinet."

whit lindsey February 1, 2013

"Mucinex D is great. I have never had any insomnia or side effects from it. I follow the recommend dosage which is one pill every 12 hrs. I recommend this for everyone to try."

Raj210 January 29, 2013

"This worked well for me. I had what felt like a pretty bad cold....headache, nasal and chest congestion and generally run down feeling. Stayed in bed the first day and on the second I took the prescribed dose of Mucinex D - 2 tablets at 7:30 pm. I didn't experience the insomnia others spoke of, but maybe my perspective is different, because I KNOW that if I hadn't taken it I'd be up blowing my nose and coughing all night. Yes, I did wake up a few times more than usual, but I wasn't miserable when I did."

Joyous56 December 31, 2012

"This definitely works to clear up nasal congestion, but I took it at 5:30pm and was up all night. I haven't been able to sleep at all. It's now 4:30am & I'm still wide awake. I have to go to work so will be taking another dose in an hour to keep me up. I will not take a 2nd dose later today so I can sleep but I look forward to being able to breath while I'm at work so still worth taking the medicine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2012

"Love this. When I get a sinus infection, it's very stubborn, and having been given antibiotics way too often all my life, they don't really work anymore. I try to tough it out usually, but when it gets so bad that I'm reaching for my Afrin multiple times a day (a blessing and a curse as it works almost instantly, but causes rebound congestion), I head out and grab some Mucinex D. My doctor warned me about the insomnia the first time she recommended it, so I knew what to expect, but honestly it's worth it to me to be able to breathe. My ears usually feel even more clogged up at first when taking this stuff, but that clears up after the first 24 hours, and I'll take that over the facial pain from sinus pressure."

AmandaBourbois December 1, 2012

"Definitely helped to reduce my congestion. I took it at 7PM and literally did not sleep at all that night. Had I known that this would happen, I would not have taken it in the evening."

Anonymous October 14, 2012

"I developed a serious cold with immense pressure fom my sinuses on my eyes and head. The first day at 7am I took two Mucinex-D ( Clears nasal/sinus congestion, Thins and loosens mucus) in the morning and sure enough within hours my nasal passages cleared and there was constant flow of mucus throughout the day. I was sneezing all through the day. Again took two at 7pm in the evening same result. I slept for maybe 3 hours and then was up all night until 6am. All night I was constantly blowing my nose and sneezing. The next morning I took two. Maybe tonight I will not take any. The only discomfort I notice is my left nostril that is the one most clogged is constantly itchy like I want to sneeze all the time and of course the insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2012

"My nasal congestion hasn't gotten any better, I've experienced no relief. However, I am writing this at 4 in the morning, so this medicine gave me both insomnia and shaky/jitteriness. "

Anonymous July 31, 2012

"My PCP suggested I take this to help with severe congestion. I took 3 doses of the 12 hours (max strength) at the prescribed intervals. Basically one that afternoon, then one the next morning and one that evening. That night I COULD NOT SLEEP. I have never had problems sleeping, and usually could find some way to read for a bit or do a relaxation exercise in the event it took longer than normal. I'm normally asleep by 10 or 11. It's now 4 am, I am not one bit sleepy and I have to get up for work in 2 hours. Should be an interesting day."

googled side effects to get here April 20, 2012

"Works great. Clear mucus and nasal congestions, I can finally breath, and lasts about 10 hours. Very effective"

HannahRT April 14, 2012

"I experience sinus problems frequently, mostly from allergies probably. I have headaches and stuffy nose etc. This medication is wonderful. I should receive money for how many times I have recommended this to people. I feel like I can even think clearer when I take this. I rarely experience side effects. Maybe one time I had dizziness. Great product."

Anonymous April 10, 2012

"Really helped with nasal congestion, however I will never take it at night again. Took it at 8:00pm and still up at 2:00am. "

cat nap March 25, 2012

"I took the medicine in the morning. I can finally take a deep breath! I have had sinus congestion issues for years, and I wish I would have known about this product much sooner. Its awesome. I only took one pill and I am 6' 4" 270lbs and that seems to me fine for solid relief."

Anonymous February 22, 2012

"Great stuff. I didnt get the jitters, tho I can feel a little extra buzz in there. Finally after weeks of stuffiness and coughing I am quiet this afternoon. 10 stars!"

Anonymous February 10, 2012