User Reviews for Mucinex D

Learn more about Mucinex D.

Mucinex D Review Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 597 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Mucinex D to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

"Best Stuff Ever! I could not breath, or stop coughing. I had to go to the hospital after going to the doctors and getting no relief. The hospital gave me Mucinex, It started to work Immediately. Got the Over The Counter & Getting Better! Thank You!"

No More Mucus June 1, 2015

"Started it yesterday. I think it helps but I just realized it is the reason I'm warm. Feels just like a low-grade fever. I also take something for ADD, which is a stimulant. I think the combination of the two is what is causing the rise in body temp."

Warming Up May 2, 2015

"Whenever I use the 12-hour tabs, it helps almost immediately in satiating my urge to cough and/or does a good job of loosening whatever junk is in my chest. Grateful for that. However, it is now 1:46am -- been eyes-wide awake since 12midnight. I took 1 pill around 3pm, fell asleep nicely by 9pm, but BOOM - now jittery and think I'm going crazy, wondering why I can't fall back asleep. Praying. I will not take this anymore, or will only try to take an a.m. dose & skip the p.m. dose. Glad the mucus is lessening, but so not glad about missing sleep."

aolani (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2015

"I was getting really sick but had to travel for work. My lungs hurt so badly I thought I was going to land myself in the ER. I got off a flight and grabbed some Mucinex at the airport and got to my hotel. I was having such a hard time breathing and was coughing so badly I hadn't slept in nights. I took the mucinex and slept all night long and woke up and got stuff out of my lungs and felt SO much better."

No longer dying (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2015

"This has been a life changing pill for me. Unlike others I did not feel that it kept me up at night. I took one at 11pm and feel right asleep after. It was one of the greatest sleeps I had ever had. This has been a real game changer to my cough and congestion."

The Real Deal April 7, 2015

"it definitely kept me awake. It helped with the cough but no matter what I did I could not get to sleep."

TT755 March 20, 2015

"I took Mucinex D 7 hours ago and I can't sleep and my sinus' didn't clear up a bit. "

This issues March 12, 2015

"I’ve been coughing for days (unable to sleep because of the cough), can’t breathe through my nose and have a congestion headache. Took 2 pills in the morning and it took a while to kick in but several hours later I realized I could actually take a full breath through my nose, headache improved, still coughing but not quite as bad. I didn’t have any issues with feeling jittery or wide awake."

all stuffed up March 10, 2015

"The medicine itself works to relieve chest/nasal congestion but it keeps me from sleeping...first night I was thinking maybe it was because I was traveling but 2nd night same thing, and it's almost like it automatically wake you at around 2am. My second dose yesterday had me jittery and groggy during the day...don't know if I will continue to take this or not. I need sleep!"

Chaz0329 March 5, 2015

"Took DM at bed time and will never do that again! Yes I felt better and felt some relief,however, the heart palpitations were out of this world! I was so jittery still 3 hours later, that I literally couldn't sit still in my bed. Finally was able to sleep at 3 and woke up feeling super dehydrated and almost hungover, with puffy eyes and a bad headache. No Mas!"

Diana28 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2015

"Great for congestion but I haven't slept for several days. I even stopped the second dose and took the pill at 7am, fell sleep normally but wide wake by 2am...fourth night like this but I am hoping to avoid sinusitis by taking this."

VACNY January 22, 2015

"Have not had sleep for two nights because of terrible cough. Took Mucinex D today at 2 pm and felt good. Like a new person. It's now 11 pm and cough is back so another night of no sleep. Do I take another Mucinex D at 2 am? Don't know if it will keep me awake or not. Choice: continue coughing with no sleep or no coughing with no sleep! "

Conbates January 15, 2015

"Helped somewhat with congestion but I could not continue to take it due to insomnia (even after taking it during the day) jitters, dizziness, and anxiety."

Moime January 10, 2015

"Took 1 Mucinex DM around 6 PM. My experience is like many here. It worked great on my congestion, but it is midnight and I am wide awake. I found this site searching for "Does Mucinex DM keep you awake?" Yup, it does."

Kagard January 2, 2015

"I was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis and/or COPD. When I get a cold it usually goes straight to my chest and I end up coughing for days, Liquid Mucinex is the only thing that kept the cold out of my chest! "

Ceeceebee December 11, 2014

"It definitely works! Took with Zquil before bed and slept fantastic! The next night I only took Mucinex before bed and slept only 2 hours! But cough and cold was gone faster then ever before."

scub December 5, 2014

"This is the only stuff that works. It saves me every time."

jc12345678910 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2014

"I got the generic, of Mucenix DM. It has definitely cut down the congestion and the coughing which is great, but its made me extremely jittery. I hope this feeling wears off soon."

jdkc4d (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

"I took two pills at 3:00 pm, I fell asleep around 10:30 pm and woke up wide awake at 1:00 am! I'm still sneezing and coughing but I'm feeling better than I was before so it works but now I'm wide awake and can fall back asleep and I feel funny like my heart beat is slower. I sure hope this feeling passes!"

Lacie23 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2014

"I have bronchitis was coughing non stop with chest congestion. I bought a package of Mucinex DM, I took one tablet around 10pm fell asleep at midnight woke up at 2am jittery still completely wide awake at 6am, good news is I can breathe clearly I haven't coughed in 8 hours; it works that's why I give it a 9, but this stuff is really powerful, I might be awake another 24 hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2014

"It works but, it's the pseudoephedrine that keeps you awake all night tossing and turning and I had that for about three days. I was physically exhausted but, wide awake."

Pamwa July 16, 2014

"I wish I would have read this before I had taken it. I have been awake for over 24 hours! I've been sick for days and now can't sleep. Yes I can breathe and less congestion but now I'm exhausted."

donnad775 (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2014

"I'm having a very severe nasal congestion from a cold. My normal DayQuil/NyQuil were not helping at all. Tried Sudafed, also did not help. Went to chemist in search of powerful medication and got the highest dosage of Mucinex D at the pharmacist's recommendation. Was warned about possible insomnia so I took 1 pill at 5pm thinking it's still more than 5 hours to bed time and I should be fine. Well, the congestion was gone. But I was up for the next 28 hours straight. The congestion returned after about 15 hours which makes me think the medicines effect must have worn off and I can take a nap. But no. After being up for 28 hours I decided that if I'm not getting any rest I may never get over my cold so I took a sleeping pill."

Galatea (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2014

"Took it expecting to cure my stuffy nose/cough. I feel like it made it worse."

Nick14683;?,($ May 8, 2014

"I read the reviews on Mucinex and was a little concerned but I was also desperate. For 2 months I had a thick post nasal drip that would cause me to constantly cough, especially at night. I had to sleep sitting up in my chair in the living room. I was wheezing, runny nose, coughing up tons of mucus or clearing my throat from it. I took one tablet at 8 am and another tablet at 8 pm. OMG I can clearly breathe with no wheezing or congestion or mucus getting in my way. I slept through the night and when I woke up my nasal passages and throat were clear. "

cloworm April 23, 2014