User Reviews for Guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Abletex-PSE, Aldex GS, Altarussin PE, Ambi 60/1000, Ambi 60/580, Ambi 80/780, Ambifed, Ambifed-G, Ami-Tex PSE, Anatuss LA, Aquatab D Dose Pack, Biotuss PE, Coldmist, Coldmist Jr, Coldmist LA, ...show all 145 brand names

Learn more about Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine.

Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 601 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Loosened phlegm but makes you feel VERY dizzy, drowzy, and dehydrated."

Blackbird1391 January 30, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Made my cough worst."

Nancyb29 January 18, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I've had pretty bad sinus congestion start and bronchitis is going around my family so I immediately got on Mucinex. The regular Mucinex wasn't doing anything for me (blue box). I bought the maximum strength D and it's been a game changer. I can breath through my nose and I don't feel plugged up at all. I had no trouble sleeping last night BUT I also have to take Melatonin to sleep every night so maybe it off set the jitters some people report. I'm very happy with it. I will keep taking until this is gone."

Sniffles1987 (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Please, if you`re going to try and treat a cold then go the natural route ! I learned the hard way. I`ve been sick with sore throat and nasal congestion since Tuesday-Wednesday and finally I asked my mom to go out and get medicine. My Mom went out and brought me Children`s Mucinex and after taking 2 doses [I`m 18 years old and 2 doses of the children's medicine is equivalent to the original] I lost all senses of smell and it wasn't worth it at all. I regret taking Mucinex and I googled this symptom and the people who has had this problem still has yet to gain there sense of smell back. I'm so afraid. On top of that I feel no real relief, just more pressure on my breathing."

Cee Lanai January 1, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "So I woke up coughing really bad lastnight and I had some mucinex dm night time. I took that to help me loosen up whatever was in my system. About 5-10 mind later I had this terrible terrible urge to throw up. This stuff does not settle in my stomach at all. This is the 3rd time I've tried it within a 2 month span. Everytime I feel worse. I'm just going to get rid of it. Not for everyone..."

Anonymous December 27, 2015

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Been sick for couple days with a horrible cold was recommended Mucinex. I bought Mucinex 600 Guafenesen extended release bi layered and it made me worse. I've been up all night but 930 in the morning and I haven't slept a wink. Sleep is what helps heal and this does the opposite. I feel worse and I've had a pounding headache for 10 hours now. I'm very disappointed in this medication it should've said non drowsy on the box I would've never purchased it. $30.00 to feel like crap. It completely ruined my day if I want to be up all night I would've just drank a $1.00 cup of coffee."

R_jack December 25, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took Sudafed today and decided to try Mucinex D tonight for the congestion medicine in it. My sinuses are feeling less pressure but it's 2:00 am and I haven't slept a wink and the way my heart is racing I doubt I will. This should definitely be a daytime only medication."

Golfteam8 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "My doctor told me that the key to mucinex working effectively is to take it with a full 8 oz of water and then keep drinking water throughout the day. The water is what helps thin it out. If I don't drink plenty of water with it it doesn't work. When I do it often works all day and night. I take it early in the day because it does keep me awake. I hope this helps, good luck & I hope you feel better. * use a humidifier too, the moisture in the air keeps you from drying out."

Lionfalls (taken for 10 years or more) December 18, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "My mom caught the cold I have just beaten and it affected her much worse. After consulting a doctor/friend she recommended trying Mucinex 12 hour. At around 7 PM, she took to 600 mg tablets. She reported being awake all night with heart palpitations, jitters, and a pounding headache. She also threw up in the middle the night and feels nauseous again this morning. The cough is coming back as the Mucinex wears off. The drug worked to stop the coughing but the side effects can be hard on some."

The Keys (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took 2 pills at 3:00pm and fell asleep just woke up at 10:00pm. I still have a fever and coughing intensely. Did not work for me at all."

Chadillac December 12, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took it yesterday and cleared me right up. I got really sleepy in the afternoon. But when I tried to take a nap, I couldn't. Went to bed taking a pm med (not mucinex) and woke up several times during the night. Didn't think anything of it until I took it today. I felt Euphoric and jittery at the same time. I was majorly thirsty. I downed 3 bottles of water in a row. I had the energy to clean the house a bit. I was roasting in just a t shirt. I took the medicine at 10am. Now here it is 7:30 and still feeling jittery. Less than before but still jittery. I also didn't eat all day other than the food I had with the mucinex in the morning. It seems food tastes weird. Seems the side effects were worse than having congestion alone."

DanielleS December 5, 2015

Zephrex (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Package is difficult to open (difficult to get tabs apart to then pull to open). Each and every tablet has been crumbly and broken at one end. I prefer the original Sudafed and generics over this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "It helped with the runny nose and cough, but I think the side effects made it not worth taking. The first hour was the immediate release and it made me feel nervous, anxious, dizzy, nauseous, and I had awful tremors. After the first hour I come down a bit and didn't feel as awful. Couldn't get any sleep on it and being a mom of a one year old boy I definitely need my sleep. I won't be taking it again. Going to go back to DayQuil, NyQuil, cough drops... Not for everyone."

Nnnndndnd November 12, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Its worth to buy the day and night Max Strength to get you going again. It does make you have dreams and talk in your sleep but I rather have that then coughing with a runny nose. It seems to dry up the mucus real quick. SO I recommend the day and night if you want the full 24 hour affect and I only take 1 set of pill for the day and 1 set of pill for the night. Thanks Mucinex!"

Liz Contreras (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took this pill around 5:30 pm and It's 11:17 and I'm usually sleep by this time . keeps you up all night, makes you jittery, and it has you feeling like you're drunk. I hate the way I felt and it worsen the way my sinus felt. also I've experienced the heart racing and the weird dreams and blabbing off at the month. this product should be off the market"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "It helps with nasal congestion better than other medicine. But it gave me terrible headache and no sleeping all night. I stopped use it after 2 doses."

Awake all night (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Started taking this a week ago because of terrible congestion in my head and chest along with RX Tessalon Perles. I'd taken something years before with the same ingredients as Mucinex that helped immensely and thought that the money was worth it. I've been on it a week, every twelve hours, and haven't been able to sleep more than five hours a night (about 4am after taking it at midnight until 9 am.) I still have terrible congestion with heavy thick mucus. Just finally realized about thirty minutes ago that the Mucinex is the only change. I can't rest AND with the added jitters and insomnia I feel worse than before. I wish I hadn't taken it to begin with."

k8fearsnoart (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "This medication had zero effect on my cough. It was a total waste of time and money."

Quilter24 September 19, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I have been sick for over 2 weeks. Even taking antibiotics. After only 3 doses of Mucinex DM. I almosr cured. Thank you thank you thank you! !!"

Claud72 August 16, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Best Stuff Ever! I could not breath, or stop coughing. I had to go to the hospital after going to the doctors and getting no relief. The hospital gave me Mucinex, It started to work Immediately. Got the Over The Counter & Getting Better! Thank You!"

No More Mucus June 1, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Started it yesterday. I think it helps but I just realized it is the reason I'm warm. Feels just like a low-grade fever. I also take something for ADD, which is a stimulant. I think the combination of the two is what is causing the rise in body temp."

Warming Up May 2, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Whenever I use the 12-hour tabs, it helps almost immediately in satiating my urge to cough and/or does a good job of loosening whatever junk is in my chest. Grateful for that. However, it is now 1:46am -- been eyes-wide awake since 12midnight. I took 1 pill around 3pm, fell asleep nicely by 9pm, but BOOM - now jittery and think I'm going crazy, wondering why I can't fall back asleep. Praying. I will not take this anymore, or will only try to take an a.m. dose & skip the p.m. dose. Glad the mucus is lessening, but so not glad about missing sleep."

aolani (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I was getting really sick but had to travel for work. My lungs hurt so badly I thought I was going to land myself in the ER. I got off a flight and grabbed some Mucinex at the airport and got to my hotel. I was having such a hard time breathing and was coughing so badly I hadn't slept in nights. I took the mucinex and slept all night long and woke up and got stuff out of my lungs and felt SO much better."

No longer dying (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "This has been a life changing pill for me. Unlike others I did not feel that it kept me up at night. I took one at 11pm and feel right asleep after. It was one of the greatest sleeps I had ever had. This has been a real game changer to my cough and congestion."

The Real Deal April 7, 2015

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "it definitely kept me awake. It helped with the cough but no matter what I did I could not get to sleep."

TT755 March 20, 2015