User Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Abletex-PSE, Aldex GS, Altarussin PE, Ambifed, Ambifed-G, Ami-Tex PSE, Anatuss LA, Biotuss PE, Coldmist, Coldmist Jr, Coldmist LA, Congestac, D-Feda II, Deco-D, Decongest II, Deconsal LA, Defen-LA, Degen II, Demibid II, Desal II, Despec-SR, Despec-Tab, Drituss GP, Durasal II, Duratuss GP (old formulation), Dynex, Entex PSE, Entex T, Eudal SR, ExeFen, ExeFen-IR, Fenex-PSE, G-Phed, G-Phed- PD, GP 500, Guai Sudo, Guai-Vent/PSE, Guaibid D, Guaibid D Pediatric, Guaifed, Guaifed-PSE, Guaifenex GP, Guaifenex PSE 120, Guaifenex PSE 60, Guaifenex PSE 80, Guaifenex PSE 85, Guaifenex RX, Guaimax-D, Guaipax PSE, Guaitab, Guaivent (Ethex), Guaivent PD, Guiadrine II, Guiadrine II SR, Guiadrine PSE, Guiadrine PSE 120, Guiatex II, Guiatex II SR, Guiatex PSE, Guiatuss PE, H 9600 SR, Hi Tex PSE, Humibid GC, Iosal II, Iotex PSE, Levall G, Mardrops-EX, Mastussin PE, Maxifed, Maxifed-G, Med-RX, Medent-LDI, Miraphen PSE, Mucinex D, Mucus Relief D, Mytussin PE, Nalex, Nalex CR, Nalex Jr, Nasabid, Nasabid SR, Nasatab LA, Nomuc-PE, Panmist JR, Panmist LA, Panmist-S, Poly-Vent, Poly-Vent IR, Poly-Vent, Jr., Profen Forte, Profen II, Pseudatex, Pseudo GG, Pseudo GG TR, Pseudo Max, Pseudo-G/PSI, Pseudocot-G, Pseudovent, Pseudovent 400, Pseudovent Ped, Q-Tussin PE, Respaire-120 SR, Respaire-30, Respaire-60 SR, Robafen PE, Robichem PE, Robitussin Severe Congestion, Ru-Tuss DE, Ru-Tuss Jr., Rymed, S-Pack, Sinufed, Sinufed Timecelles, Sinutab Non Drying, Stamoist E, Sudafed Non Drying Sinus, Sudal 60/500, Sudal SR, SudaTex-G, Syn-Rx, T-Tussin PE, Tenar PSE, Touro LA, Touro LA-LD, Tusnel Pediatric Drops, Tuss-LA, Tusscidin PE, Tussin PE, Uni Tussin PE, V-Dec-M, Venbid TR, Versacaps, We Mist II LA, We Mist LA, Zaptec PSE, Zephrex, Zephrex LA

Learn more about Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine.

Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 619 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Review by Momma of three (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): I thought it helped a lot, not a miracle or anything of course. I felt better and did not have any sleep issues while using it. I hope that is just dependent on the user.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2014 11:19 PM
Review by up at night: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Jittery and wide awake. But works great. Do not take before bed!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2014 2:28 AM
Review by Solo672: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): It's 2:30 am and I'm wide awake! At the suggestion of my doctor, she said to take Mucinex D ... BIG MISTAKE! I'm definitely breathing perfectly, but I'm jittery and unable to sleep! Mucinex D in the morning, Sinex at night!

February 18, 2014 2:36 AM
Review by JmichGee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): I've been plugged up literally for years and had found no relief until now. I had tried everything from frequently rinsing my sinuses with a neti pot system, to prescriptions such as Nasonex, warm/moist heating pads, other over the counter medicines, etc. At this moment I feel pretty great. I took my first Mucinex D tab yesterday late afternoon and my second one this morning. My nose feels completely clear, the pressure behind my eyes is gone, my head feels normal for once....even my ears feel less plugged and are not clicking and popping nearly as much as usual. I'm surprised I have not had the insomnia and jitters that it seems most others have experienced. No unpleasant side effects so far. I highly recommend this! The relief is worth the $$.

February 9, 2014 7:42 PM
Review by jodioctober:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): I took this medicine (2 pills) at 9 PM. I went up to bed at 10:30 and was not able to sleep all night. I tossed and turned, felt wide awake, and I am now at work. It did clear my sinuses and my severe headache is gone. It also made me feel jittery or like I am experiencing anxiety. I am definitely only going to take this first thing in the morning.

January 21, 2014 11:08 AM
Review by MCarter584 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Mucinex D works, but do not take the medicine at night. I cannot get to sleep for nothing, and the heart palpitations are really bothering me.

January 17, 2014 2:49 AM
Review by yawnnn: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Bad case of Bronchitis and sinus pressure. I took Mucinex DM, 1 pill every 12 hours, for a week. I would fall asleep fine, but wake up 3-4 hours later and could not get back to sleep. I ran out of DM, and for the last few days took the Mucinex D instead. Not much sleep the first night, NO sleep at all last night combined with a lot of post nasal drip and the jitters. So glad I finally figured it out, as I'm a walking zombie right now. I will never take Mucinex D past the morning hours again.

January 16, 2014 12:10 PM
Review by Tired- insomnia!!: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): I have not slept in 2 nights. It's 4 am and I'm wide awake. I'm so glad I found this website because I thought there might me something wrong with me. Would have never thought Mucinex was the culprit! Although it has definitely cleared up all my congestion.

January 10, 2014 5:15 AM
Review by QT PI: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Yep, I took ONLY 1 Mucinex D almost 24 hours ago for the 1st time and I'm still up. During the 1st 12 hours I didn't sleep a wink because I took this pill right before bed. My nose was dripping the whole night. This thing definitely unclogged my sinuses without the uncomfortable burning sensation of inhaling and the pain behind my face. My sinus relief lasted the whole 12 hours! I kept thinking it would wear off sooner. Throughout the day I haven't stopped sneezing and it's a scary sneeze, as in a loud scream, I've been scaring people all day. This is not my normal/typical sneeze. I usually sneeze like a silent little bunny! This is how I found this website to find out what this sneezing is all about. Doctor prescribed.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2013 10:38 PM
Review by Awake45664: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Thankfully I am no longer coughing, but after taking it at 11pm and waking up at 2am and not being able to go back to sleep, I'm wishing that I had read the reviews first.

November 27, 2013 5:21 AM
Review by SuckaDucka: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Well I TOO am up right now, 3:07am. I thought it was my cough, which had a lot to do with it, but I was laying down causing the drip. Weird dreams, Yes.

November 20, 2013 6:13 AM
Review by ArielL:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): This medicine works great. I took two pills every twelve hours and my congestion and pressure was gone within two days. HOWEVER, DO NOT TAKE THIS AT NIGHT. I am talking little to no sleep...tossing and turning, waking up every 30 minutes, etc. So just take two pills in the morning and it will be all good!

November 17, 2013 3:24 AM
Review by Stuffynoseforamonth: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): I have had stuffy nose for over a month, been on 2 different antibiotics and various antihistamines and decongestants. After second dose of Mucinex D, I can breath again. Took first dosage four hours before bedtime, and a hit of Nyquil that night, and I slept great. I'm sorry that I did not try this a month ago.

November 7, 2013 12:01 PM
Review by Gloriadsm (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Took at 7pm and wide awake at 1:40 am right now! No sleep in sight but I can breathe. Tomorrow should be interesting.

October 22, 2013 1:43 AM
Review by kfrye16: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): I have to say, I wish I read this blog beforehand. I took a Mucinex D at 7pm last night and it's 9:30 am, I haven't really gone to sleep. I tried to fall asleep around 11pm, and after 2 1/2 hours of tossing and turning and CRAZY dreams where I wasn't really asleep but wasn't completely awake either, I got up and watched some T.V to get my mind to settle down. Needless to say, I was never tired after that so I've been up since. I noticed several people saying that you should only take one pill. The back of my box says to take 2 pills every 12 hours so I'm assuming there are two different types. Just beware....not only did it give me insomnia, but the dreams were seriously weird.

September 17, 2013 9:31 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): I caught flu last week and after 4 days of congestion to the point I thought my head would explode, I took some double strength Mucinex. The pharmacist told me it was as strong as 12 cough syrups and to take it before I went to bed that very night, but after coming here first and reading reviews which claim insomnia, I decided to take it the next morning. Wow! I can breath out of my nose and I'm definitely feeling a lot better. The only problem is that it seems to have some sort of peppy ingredient in it which dries you out quickly if you're not actively drinking through the day. Still, a million times better than Lemsip!

September 1, 2013 4:16 PM
Review by Zany83 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Absolutely amazing! My partner and I have nasal congestion for weeks but 10 minutes after taking one, we coughed and all of a sudden were clear! I feel like I haven't used the bottom half of my lungs in weeks. A little bit expensive.

August 27, 2013 1:48 AM
Review by Kd0714 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Very effective at relieving symptoms, but my husband and I both are experiencing insomnia and some anxiety with it.

May 6, 2013 4:48 AM
Review by WhyCan'tISleep: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Yeah. If you want a good decongestant, Mucinex D is for you. Took my first dose at 4 PM, warned that it could cause "sleeplessness". Thought I was in the clear, but LOW AND BEHOLD I am hear writing this review to the world after that one dose. Current time: 7:15 AM. Taking another just to keep me up for class today. Hurray.

April 17, 2013 8:16 AM
Review by SinusSufferer (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): I have suffered from allergic rhinitis all my life: dry swollen sinus; sinus pressure; headaches; blurry vision; dizziness; lethargy; all sorts of cognitive problems because of the lack of oxygen to my body and brain due to thicken mucus in my respiratory system; not to mention frequent bacterial infections due to accumulated mucus secretions. I had tried every other medicine under the sun. Mucinex has taken all that away and my quality of life has improved 150%. I strongly recommend Mucinex for those with sinus problems due to allergic rhinitis, or anyone who suffers from sinus any sort of respiratory congestion period.

April 14, 2013 8:17 AM
Review by nutz1990: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Works great on my sinus pressure/cold, now I can breathe no more stuff up nose or runny nose. Had no problem sleeping but it did give me a severe headache--so now trying half the recommended dose, got immediate relief just waiting to see if it will still give me a headache.

February 20, 2013 7:15 PM
Review by whit lindsey: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): It worked just minutes after taking it, loosened up all the mucus!! Will definitely be a must have in the medicine cabinet.

February 1, 2013 10:49 PM
Review by Raj210: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): Mucinex D is great. I have never had any insomnia or side effects from it. I follow the recommend dosage which is one pill every 12 hrs. I recommend this for everyone to try.

January 29, 2013 7:06 PM
Review by Joyous56: User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): This worked well for me. I had what felt like a pretty bad cold....headache, nasal and chest congestion and generally run down feeling. Stayed in bed the first day and on the second I took the prescribed dose of Mucinex D - 2 tablets at 7:30 pm. I didn't experience the insomnia others spoke of, but maybe my perspective is different, because I KNOW that if I hadn't taken it I'd be up blowing my nose and coughing all night. Yes, I did wake up a few times more than usual, but I wasn't miserable when I did.

December 31, 2012 12:40 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): This definitely works to clear up nasal congestion, but I took it at 5:30pm and was up all night. I haven't been able to sleep at all. It's now 4:30am & I'm still wide awake. I have to go to work so will be taking another dose in an hour to keep me up. I will not take a 2nd dose later today so I can sleep but I look forward to being able to breath while I'm at work so still worth taking the medicine.

December 8, 2012 4:33 AM