User Reviews for Guaifenesin / phenylephrine

Also known as: Aldex, Aldex G, Ambi 40/1000, Amidal, Amitex LA, Aquatab D, Chemdal, Chest Congestion Relief PE, Crantex, Crantex ER, Crantex LA Capsules, Crantex LA Tablets, D-Phen 1000, D-Tab, Deconex, ...show all 114 brand names

Learn more about Guaifenesin/phenylephrine.

Sinus Symptoms 5 reviews 346 medications

Cough and Nasal Congestion 4 reviews 1098 medications

8.5
Summary of Guaifenesin/phenylephrine reviews 9 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Guaifenesin/phenylephrine

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Love this. It's the only thing that works for me when I am sick with a cold. It lets me get the sleep I need. It's still available in Canada."

Anonymous August 19, 2012

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I had sinus problems several times per year (Spring/Fall) for years and everything made me groggy. I could barely walk. Then the doctor started me on Entex LA and my sinus problems no longer caused major problems."

Anonymous January 1, 2012

Mucus Relief Sinus (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I use this medication for Mucus in the esophagus and to clear my nose to be able to sleep. Before this medication I actually went to the emergency room for a esophagus blockage so filled with mucus that all I could do is regurge up mucus but prevented me from swallowing any cure. I recently went to a cardiologist and he said the expectorant part of the medication was okay but 10 mg was a little high for someone with valve or heart problems. He said I should try taking half of the pill if not getting off of it altogether. Benadryl allergy pills would be better except that they make me fall asleep."

oliver44 April 13, 2011

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I'm almost 43 and have had the worst allergies all my life. My medical records literally say "allergic to the world" Mostly suffering from sinus headaches and itching. I've tried EVERY medicine a doctor can prescribe. I did the shot thing in my teens. And when I was at the end of my rope with suffering when my doctor in Vermont said let's try this one last medicine. She told me it will totally work or do nothing. IT WORKED with no side effects and after two years of two pills a day, I was down to one pill most days. PLEASE bring Entex LA back. It would change my life. I now take so many over the counter pills and eyedrops. This medicine was like a miracle medicine to a person suffering with allergies all their life."

Yankee Chick March 9, 2011

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "I am also extremely frustrated by the fact that Entex LA was removed as a medicine of choice (because it worked!) for those of us with congestion who have found that no other medication works. I took one tablet a day during allergy season for about 2 years, and then ended up taking one tablet a day year-round for the next 14 years. I had my life back. Four years later, I am still trying to find something to replace it. I went to the SW (Phoenix) for 12 days in Feb.2008 (while it was raining here in the Northwest), and all my symptoms disappeared - overnight. It was the most wonderful feeling. When it did rain for a couple of days in Phoenix, though, I was just as miserable as I had been at home. Is mold the problem?"

Anonymous January 13, 2011

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "Love it."

Allergy Sufferer April 23, 2009

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: "You need to drink plenty of water with guaifenesin component of this medication or it doesn't work--water is what activates it, otherwise, it does nothing in your body. The phenylephrine component always clears up my congestion. It will keep you awake, so I only take one in the morning. It also diminished my appetite."

KClean January 2, 2009

Entex LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Sinus Symptoms: "I get sinus headaches when it rains, when it's extremely humid or when it's extremely cold. Entex LA would get rid of the headache within a couple of hours. I am told that they can not sell Entex LA in the US any more since the FDA banned it. This is the only thing that would work for me. I would love to have this drug back on the market. The pharmacist told me that many of her customers were frustrated when it was taken off the market."

Freas December 17, 2008

Phenavent LA (guaifenesin / phenylephrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "It made me dizzy and caused my headache to become worse."

Anonymous March 3, 2008