User Reviews for Glyburide

Also known as: DiaBeta, Glycron, Glynase, Glynase PresTab, Micronase

Learn more about Glyburide.

Glyburide Review Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 110 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Glyburide to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"Glyburide 2.5mg works pretty well in lowering my blood sugar levels along with my metformin and Januvia."

Troy467 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2013

"I am taking 1/2 pill twice a day (5mg total) with Fortamet, the difference is amazing!"

scare to death of insulin (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2013

"Glyburide works VERY well. I take it with Metformin. This combination of drugs keeps my blood sugar in control. These drugs are life savers!"

spkrdctr October 23, 2009

"This drug saved my life after being diagnosed when I was admitted to an ER with high fasting blood. I am off Insulin and only on this. I do get low blood sugar later in the day. All in all a great medication."

Anonymous November 13, 2008

"Have been taking 1.25mg Glyburide tablet twice a day for the past 2 years. I am not on a strict diet, but my food intake now includes a lot of non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli and dark greens (all types) and unsalted nuts and legumes. I also stopped drinking sodas and now drink plenty of water. This combined with an hour of aerobic exercise 4 days per week has decreased body weight by 50 lbs, and lowered my cholesterol and blood pressure too. Exercising and losing the weight especially around my tummy area really made a big difference as my body is able to process the medicine and food more efficiently. I haven't experienced any adverse effects from this drug, but then again I take the lowest dosage possible."

Feeling Healthy August 12, 2008

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Diabetes, Type 2