Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Factive

Learn more about Factive.

Strep Throat 1 reviews 44 medications

Pneumonia 2 reviews 191 medications

Bronchitis 3 reviews 276 medications

Summary of Factive reviews 6 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Factive

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Pneumonia: I took Factive for 6 days. The label says that you can take it with or without food, but in my case, if I didn't eat a very large meal before taking it, I would feel sick to my stomach and spend most of the day vomiting. I was only able to successfully keep it down for one of the days, but when I did vomit, it brought up a lot of the sputum that was in my lungs. At the end of the day, the medication seems to be working for me, but it definitely made me feel horrible that entire time I took it. ***Be sure to ask your doctor for a coupon for this stuff. It costs over $100, but my doctor gave me a copay free coupon and I wound up paying nothing for this medication.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 20, 2013 8:37 PM

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Pneumonia: Just started today and know the first day you feel terrible, so hope it works. Highly recommended by doctor.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 10, 2011 6:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Bronchitis: So far I have taken two doses and I feel worse today than yesterday.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 11, 2009 4:19 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Strep Throat: I was given Factive for a bad strep infection. After the 1st dose, I felt 100 times better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2009 12:10 PM
Review by okdeb:

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Bronchitis: Antibiotics are useless against viruses. They only work on bacteria.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2008 1:47 PM
Review by betsysch:

Factive (gemifloxacin) for Bronchitis: I have used the drug Factive on two separate occasions to treat bronchitis. Not only is it expensive but it's useless.

September 21, 2007 3:50 PM