User Reviews for Factive

Learn more about Factive.

Strep Throat 1 reviews 44 medications

Pneumonia 2 reviews 191 medications

Bronchitis 4 reviews 279 medications

Summary of Factive reviews 7 reviews 4.1

Reviews for Factive

Review by Annabellita:

For Bronchitis: 8 days on Factive - cured the bronchitis - worsened everything else. On the 8th day I got an allergic reaction that got even worse on the next day, swollen lips, unbelievably itchy rash covering head to toe. Took nearly a week of treatment. Had to get injections to calm it down. A quick look on the internet shows that this reaction is common after having finished taking the medicine.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: I took Factive for 6 days. The label says that you can take it with or without food, but in my case, if I didn't eat a very large meal before taking it, I would feel sick to my stomach and spend most of the day vomiting. I was only able to successfully keep it down for one of the days, but when I did vomit, it brought up a lot of the sputum that was in my lungs. At the end of the day, the medication seems to be working for me, but it definitely made me feel horrible that entire time I took it. ***Be sure to ask your doctor for a coupon for this stuff. It costs over $100, but my doctor gave me a copay free coupon and I wound up paying nothing for this medication.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2013 8:37 PM

For Pneumonia: Just started today and know the first day you feel terrible, so hope it works. Highly recommended by doctor.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2011 6:12 PM

For Bronchitis: So far I have taken two doses and I feel worse today than yesterday.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2009 4:19 PM

For Strep Throat: I was given Factive for a bad strep infection. After the 1st dose, I felt 100 times better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2009 12:10 PM

Review by okdeb:

For Bronchitis: Antibiotics are useless against viruses. They only work on bacteria.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2008 1:47 PM

Review by betsysch:

For Bronchitis: I have used the drug Factive on two separate occasions to treat bronchitis. Not only is it expensive but it's useless.

September 21, 2007 3:50 PM