User Reviews for Gemfibrozil

Also known as: Lopid

Learn more about Gemfibrozil.

High Cholesterol 11 reviews 38 medications

7.5
Hyperlipoproteinemia 0 reviews 43 medications

Hyperlipoproteinemia...vated LDL VLDL 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...V, Elevated VLDL 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...lomicrons VLDL 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gemfibrozil reviews 11 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Gemfibrozil

For High Cholesterol: "I should be in a medical Journal compared to some of the other triglyceride levels I read on here...I had a staggering 8000 triglyceride level and my pancreas was inflamed and and my A1C was 12...I spent 11 days in the hospital and a month later my triglycerides are at 80 my estimated A1C level is 5.6 ...I have been off insulin for 4 weeks and I did that 2 weeks after I got out of the hospital. Gemfibrozil did the job but like the insulin im taking my self off Gemfibrozil because there are way to many side effects and I'm experiencing dizziness pretty much all day. A proper diet and excercise has helped me conquer these medical conditions. Hopefully everyone on here can do the same."

Truefix March 7, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "This product works well with my high cholesterol great medicine"

heather atl (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 4, 2015

For High Cholesterol: "Eye pain,stomach upset,anger,dizziness."

brakeshoe1 August 17, 2014

For High Cholesterol: "After a life insurance exam I was told my A1C levels were 6.1, equivalent to borderline diabetes. I reported this to my primary physician and she and I both just couldn't believe it, especially since my glucose levels were always well within range. She added this test to my cholesterol blood screening and though it didn't come back as high, it was still 5.9. Bottom line, my cholesterol was creating a new problem, borderline type 2 diabetes. Started on Trilipix and within 7 days had a terrible reaction to it, switched to Gemfibrozil and my HDL went from 65 to 83 (WOW) triglycerides from 142 to 62 (WOW AGAIN) and my LDL from 142 to 113.My A1C to 5.7 which is good. Only complaint - remembering to take it 30 minutes prior to 2 meals a day."

Connie1208 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2013

For High Cholesterol: "It's worked great for me, but since you're supposed to take it with food I often forget and since the bottle is so huge I don't carry it around outside of my house and often miss opportunities to take it."

Anonymous October 15, 2011

Lopid (gemfibrozil) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking Lopid for quite a few years. My cholesterol and triglycerides are very high to the point of being hospitalized! Do not forget to take this medication as it will catch up with you after three days. It is very painful! I will not forget to take it x 2 a day. It was up to 3000... and I was put in the intensive care unit. My nationality is Hispanic and my favorite food is all the good greasy tacos which I don't have anymore....so now I eat rabbit food and I am still alive."

iluvulrd April 28, 2010

Lopid (gemfibrozil) for High Cholesterol: "I've been taking Lopid for almost a year now and have had great results. My triglycerides have dropped dramatically and my over all health has improved. I would have given this a 10 rating but I do have one problem with this medication. It can be difficult to remember to take Lopid 30 minutes before meals. A small adjustment as far as I'm concerned, though."

TrigsGuy October 30, 2009

Lopid (gemfibrozil) for High Cholesterol: "My doctor prescribed Lopid after my triglyceride levels were out of control. I feel great! No side effects and with Lopid and fish oil they are much better. From 1900 a year ago to 160."

StacyTracy October 15, 2009

For High Cholesterol: "This gave me severe diarrhea."

Anonymous October 2, 2009

For High Cholesterol: "My triglyceride level was 1317 and in one year dropped to 238."

Anonymous April 7, 2009

For High Cholesterol: "This drug has lower my triglyceride level from 550 to 49 in 4 weeks. My cholesterol level from 181 to 98. Even my doctor was shocked. I also changed my diet."

j.ponzer October 28, 2008