User Reviews for Neurontin

Learn more about Neurontin.

Postherpetic Neuralgia 8 reviews 40 medications

8.1
Epilepsy 2 reviews 27 medications

Summary of Neurontin reviews 10 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Neurontin

"I have peripheral neuropathy and it seems to help some. Leg still goes numb, but not as bad as it used to."

Anonymous August 19, 2015

"I use to be addicted to xanax even though my first doctor in NC told me the drug was not addicted. I have gone from taking 3mg of xanax to almost not taking the drug at all. I can focus much better and the sleep is unbelievable. A dreamlike state. I sometimes sleep through my first alarm, but eventually wake up. At first I feel groggy, but after a shower I feel great. I feel like with any other drug your body builds up a tolerance and my doctor has gradually increases my dosage. This is a wonder drug for me. I wish I would have known about it before getting addicted to xanax. The blurred vision eventually goes away."

ncguy71 April 4, 2015

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I have taken Neuorontin for over five years. I have Multiple Sclerosis and lots of nerve pain. This medicine works...But it will change your personality. BEWARE.. can make you violent. However for nerve pain best medicine out there."

Fifi London (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2014

For Epilepsy "I take 1500mg daily, morning, noon mid afternoon, tea time and evening. They have kept my fits away ."

Gemprid (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 16, 2014

"I take 900mg Neurontin for trigeminal neuralgia. For me it works very well, I was taking Lyrica 400 mg daily the side effects were terrible. It controls my nerve pain so far, I have no side effects but I can't miss a dose though, because my pain returns."

Revrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2014

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I am on Gabapentin for nerve damage due to chemotherapy. I am now up to 600mg 3 times a day. I am not having a lot of relief and have a lot of dizziness, joint pain headaches, and unsteadiness."

mhmama March 9, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Epilepsy "Has controlled my seizures, in conjunction with Tegretol, for over fifteen years, seizure free."

4mymeds February 21, 2014

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I was first given Neurontin for the shingles, for a few days nothing helped the pain of the shingles, most painful thing I have ever had. After about a week I started feeling better, was sleeping all night and now I have no pain. Even though I still have the shingles best medicine for pain I have ever taken."

Anonymous January 29, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I'm on 300mg 3x a day. It's my lifesaver for neuropathy and restless legs. It allows me to sleep at night. I find the only side effect is increased appetite."

Jamie_LA (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 1, 2013

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"At 300mg 4x daily my pain was almost gone. "

anon679 July 8, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I've been on Neurotin for almost 4 months and it has given me relief for chronic pelvic pain. 300mg at night and 100mg mid-day was the initial dose and at present I'm on 300mg at night only. It has made the pain bearable however the side-effects have been lethargy, headaches, aching eyes, and dreaming so vivid it leaves me hung over. I'm hoping this will improve with time. It has helped with the pain."

somewhatrelieved May 18, 2013

200 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "It has not been easy but I am not giving up on it yet. Hang in there people."

daily strength (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2012

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "Short term memory dysfunction and concentration problems."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2012

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine "I have taken Neurontin for several years, I still get headaches but I find them much more manageable and when I do get one I take Imitrex/Excedrin. My main trigger is hard fragrances, now if I could just find a way to avoid that, I think that Neurontin would be all I need."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2012

For Anxiety "Neurontin has changed my life dramatically. I suffered from high anxiety with panic and anxiety attacks. I started this medicine at about 19 and had been off and on it the past 13 years. It literally has made me a new person. When I don't use it I notice a lot of fatigue, worry, anxiety, etc. When I am using this medication, I can concentrate on the better side of things and am not so negative. In the beginning it did have some side effects such as a "loopy" feeling. Over time that did pass, and now gives me energy to get through the day. I am on 300mg 3 x day. I can also sleep much easier, and my carpal tunnel syndrome is dramatically better. Before I felt very snappy and impatient, now I handle things with a much more calm disposition. Love it."

larenb7894 (taken for 10 years or more) May 24, 2012

388 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine "Neurontin was prescribed for migraine. After taking 1 x 100mg capsule my migraine was gone within 8 hours. The downside was my lymphedema leg developed a cellulitis problem. The cellulitis was due to the allergic reaction to Neurontin."

BadLeg (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2012

For Peripheral Neuropathy "After visiting a neurologist for burning and tingling pain in both feet, I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and pre-diabetes. (I'm slender, always ate a well-balanced diet, and exercised.) I tried various medications but the side effects outweighed an pain relief. I have been on Gabapentin (neurontin) 200mg at night for four years. It doesn't relieve all pain, but it does allow me to sleep through the night. I wake up every morning in pain, which continues on and off all day. However, I have very little side effect (occasional sadness, irritability, nausea). Neurontin allows me to have a reasonable quality of life, and very inexpensive."

ArizonaMaggy April 23, 2012

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy "I have peripheral neuropathy, my arms, hands, legs and feet are all affected, my legs and feet get ice cold. I have been taking Neurontin for 4 years now. For me it's not working I was taking 1800 mg a day. I had to call the doctor the other day the pain was so bad and he changed my dose to a higher 1800 mg a day. It's been 3 days and the pain level has not changed."

Magri April 22, 2012

For Peripheral Neuropathy "I've had neuropathy for around 8 months. My first dose of Neurontin (300mg) made me feel very "loopy" for several hours. So loopy that I only took 150mg 1x a day for the next two weeks. I had a couple of good days on it and sometimes the medicines took the edge off my pain. But it didn't take the pain away fully and made me extremely moody and act out of character. I have two genetic diseases that makes me sensitive to medication so that might be why Neurontin was not effective for me."

hisgirl007 March 27, 2012

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Provides for a very calming effect without feeling drowsy. It takes the edge off just enough so that I can focus better on the day-to-day."

E in Boston March 14, 2012

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I guess it helps with the anxiety. It affects my memory horribly, I can't think of simple words, I miss exits on the freeway, I forget where I am going, etc. It makes me nauseous and gives me diarrhea. Just when I am starting to feel better, it is time to take it again. I take 100mg 3 times a day. I have only been on it a couple of weeks, so I keep hoping the side effects will go away. I still get anxious when I am faced with my main stressor, but it is not as severe (not the full blown panic attack), just the pain in my stomach, choking in my throat, feeling like my heart is pounding in my head, chest, etc., so it does help some."

Anonymous March 7, 2012

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy "Has helped my quality of life incredibly."

Anonymous March 6, 2012

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Ever since I started on Neurontin, it's really helped the fibromyalgia pain to be under much better control than before. I highly recommend it as a treatment. The only side effect that I've experienced so far is a rebound of pain when too much time has passed in between doses. I have found that spacing it out every 8 hrs instead of just 3x/day provides better relief of symptoms from FM."

TheMama March 2, 2012

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy "At first I slept for about a week and every time I would increase the dosage same effect. I've been taking it for over four years and the side effects are less severe than some other medicines it does not rid the pain but makes it manageable."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Anxiety "I way prescribed 300 mg Neurontin for anxiety and it has been amazing. I'm also on a number of other anti-anxiety drugs, however Neurontin is helping to lessen my anxiety with its sedative effects. I highly recommend trying Neurontin. I tried Lyrica before Neurontin and Neurontin is more effective and cheaper for me. 8/10!"

Anonymous February 9, 2012

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate