User Reviews for Neurontin

Learn more about Neurontin.

Postherpetic Neuralgia 7 reviews 40 medications

8.2
Epilepsy 2 reviews 28 medications

Summary of Neurontin reviews 9 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Neurontin

Review by Gemprid (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Epilepsy: I take 1500mg daily, morning, noon mid afternoon, tea time and evening. They have kept my fits away .

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by Revrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I take 900mg Neurontin for trigeminal neuralgia. For me it works very well, I was taking Lyrica 400 mg daily the side effects were terrible. It controls my nerve pain so far, I have no side effects but I can't miss a dose though, because my pain returns.

August 2, 2014 10:09 PM

Review by mhmama:

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: I am on Gabapentin for nerve damage due to chemotherapy. I am now up to 600mg 3 times a day. I am not having a lot of relief and have a lot of dizziness, joint pain headaches, and unsteadiness.

March 9, 2014 2:46 PM

Review by 4mymeds:

For Epilepsy: Has controlled my seizures, in conjunction with Tegretol, for over fifteen years, seizure free.

February 21, 2014 9:27 PM

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: I was first given Neurontin for the shingles, for a few days nothing helped the pain of the shingles, most painful thing I have ever had. After about a week I started feeling better, was sleeping all night and now I have no pain. Even though I still have the shingles best medicine for pain I have ever taken.

January 29, 2014 3:14 PM

Review by Jamie_LA (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: I'm on 300mg 3x a day. It's my lifesaver for neuropathy and restless legs. It allows me to sleep at night. I find the only side effect is increased appetite.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Review by anon679:

At 300mg 4x daily my pain was almost gone.

July 8, 2013 6:33 AM

Review by somewhatrelieved:

For Pain: I've been on Neurotin for almost 4 months and it has given me relief for chronic pelvic pain. 300mg at night and 100mg mid-day was the initial dose and at present I'm on 300mg at night only. It has made the pain bearable however the side-effects have been lethargy, headaches, aching eyes, and dreaming so vivid it leaves me hung over. I'm hoping this will improve with time. It has helped with the pain.

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2013 12:06 AM

Review by daily strength (taken for less than 1 month):

For Fibromyalgia: It has not been easy but I am not giving up on it yet. Hang in there people.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2012 3:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Short term memory dysfunction and concentration problems.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2012 9:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine: I have taken Neurontin for several years, I still get headaches but I find them much more manageable and when I do get one I take Imitrex/Excedrin. My main trigger is hard fragrances, now if I could just find a way to avoid that, I think that Neurontin would be all I need.

May 29, 2012 12:52 PM

Review by larenb7894 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Neurontin has changed my life dramatically. I suffered from high anxiety with panic and anxiety attacks. I started this medicine at about 19 and had been off and on it the past 13 years. It literally has made me a new person. When I don't use it I notice a lot of fatigue, worry, anxiety, etc. When I am using this medication, I can concentrate on the better side of things and am not so negative. In the beginning it did have some side effects such as a "loopy" feeling. Over time that did pass, and now gives me energy to get through the day. I am on 300mg 3 x day. I can also sleep much easier, and my carpal tunnel syndrome is dramatically better. Before I felt very snappy and impatient, now I handle things with a much more calm disposition. Love it.

286 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2012 12:49 AM

Review by BadLeg (taken for less than 1 month):

For Migraine: Neurontin was prescribed for migraine. After taking 1 x 100mg capsule my migraine was gone within 8 hours. The downside was my lymphedema leg developed a cellulitis problem. The cellulitis was due to the allergic reaction to Neurontin.

April 27, 2012 7:26 PM

Review by ArizonaMaggy:

For Peripheral Neuropathy: After visiting a neurologist for burning and tingling pain in both feet, I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and pre-diabetes. (I'm slender, always ate a well-balanced diet, and exercised.) I tried various medications but the side effects outweighed an pain relief. I have been on Gabapentin (neurontin) 200mg at night for four years. It doesn't relieve all pain, but it does allow me to sleep through the night. I wake up every morning in pain, which continues on and off all day. However, I have very little side effect (occasional sadness, irritability, nausea). Neurontin allows me to have a reasonable quality of life, and very inexpensive.

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2012 11:30 PM

Review by Magri:

For Peripheral Neuropathy: I have peripheral neuropathy, my arms, hands, legs and feet are all affected, my legs and feet get ice cold. I have been taking Neurontin for 4 years now. For me it's not working I was taking 1800 mg a day. I had to call the doctor the other day the pain was so bad and he changed my dose to a higher 1800 mg a day. It's been 3 days and the pain level has not changed.

April 22, 2012 10:11 PM

Review by hisgirl007:

For Peripheral Neuropathy: I've had neuropathy for around 8 months. My first dose of Neurontin (300mg) made me feel very "loopy" for several hours. So loopy that I only took 150mg 1x a day for the next two weeks. I had a couple of good days on it and sometimes the medicines took the edge off my pain. But it didn't take the pain away fully and made me extremely moody and act out of character. I have two genetic diseases that makes me sensitive to medication so that might be why Neurontin was not effective for me.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2012 6:53 PM

Review by E in Boston:

For Bipolar Disorder: Provides for a very calming effect without feeling drowsy. It takes the edge off just enough so that I can focus better on the day-to-day.

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2012 7:21 PM

For Anxiety: I guess it helps with the anxiety. It affects my memory horribly, I can't think of simple words, I miss exits on the freeway, I forget where I am going, etc. It makes me nauseous and gives me diarrhea. Just when I am starting to feel better, it is time to take it again. I take 100mg 3 times a day. I have only been on it a couple of weeks, so I keep hoping the side effects will go away. I still get anxious when I am faced with my main stressor, but it is not as severe (not the full blown panic attack), just the pain in my stomach, choking in my throat, feeling like my heart is pounding in my head, chest, etc., so it does help some.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2012 2:29 PM

For Peripheral Neuropathy: Has helped my quality of life incredibly.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2012 11:35 PM

Review by TheMama:

For Fibromyalgia: Ever since I started on Neurontin, it's really helped the fibromyalgia pain to be under much better control than before. I highly recommend it as a treatment. The only side effect that I've experienced so far is a rebound of pain when too much time has passed in between doses. I have found that spacing it out every 8 hrs instead of just 3x/day provides better relief of symptoms from FM.

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2012 5:35 PM

For Peripheral Neuropathy: At first I slept for about a week and every time I would increase the dosage same effect. I've been taking it for over four years and the side effects are less severe than some other medicines it does not rid the pain but makes it manageable.

February 29, 2012 2:45 AM

For Anxiety: I way prescribed 300 mg Neurontin for anxiety and it has been amazing. I'm also on a number of other anti-anxiety drugs, however Neurontin is helping to lessen my anxiety with its sedative effects. I highly recommend trying Neurontin. I tried Lyrica before Neurontin and Neurontin is more effective and cheaper for me. 8/10!

February 9, 2012 9:44 PM

Review by littlewish:

For Pain: Have been taking Gabapentin for about four years. I have been suffering with leg pain for a long time and thought my life was over. Now I'm taking this and have almost no pain.

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2012 1:42 PM

For Pain: I was given this medicine in hospital to help with pain/nerve damage after a ruptured disc. BEWARE it made me suicidal! I am a normal, healthy person but after a week or so on this, I started sobbing almost all the time and was in total despair. Fortunately, my husband worked out what the stimulus was and I was told to stop taking the medicine immediately. This was recommended as the withdrawal effects would be better than carrying on with it and weaning off. It took a couple of weeks but I could only have close friends around who understood that at any moment, a wave of crying would over take me but wouldn't last.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2012 6:45 PM

For Fibromyalgia: I was just increased to 1500 mg a day of Neurontin for Chronic Back Pain and Fibromyalgia. I can tell that it takes the sharp edge off of the pain. It does help a little, but a little is better than nothing.

December 15, 2011 4:57 PM