User Reviews for Neurontin

Learn more about Neurontin.

Neurontin Review Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Postherpetic Neuralgia.

Reviews for Neurontin to treat Postherpetic Neuralgia

"I have taken Neuorontin for over five years. I have Multiple Sclerosis and lots of nerve pain. This medicine works...But it will change your personality. BEWARE.. can make you violent. However for nerve pain best medicine out there."

Fifi London (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2014

"I am on Gabapentin for nerve damage due to chemotherapy. I am now up to 600mg 3 times a day. I am not having a lot of relief and have a lot of dizziness, joint pain headaches, and unsteadiness."

mhmama March 9, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was first given Neurontin for the shingles, for a few days nothing helped the pain of the shingles, most painful thing I have ever had. After about a week I started feeling better, was sleeping all night and now I have no pain. Even though I still have the shingles best medicine for pain I have ever taken."

Anonymous January 29, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm on 300mg 3x a day. It's my lifesaver for neuropathy and restless legs. It allows me to sleep at night. I find the only side effect is increased appetite."

Jamie_LA (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 1, 2013

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My doctor started me on this after I had crazy nerve pain due to shingles. It works amazing for me! When I don't take it or it's time for my dose it feels like I've been shot in the area where my shingles were worst. So I have nothing but great things to say about this medicine for me."

24th ID August 3, 2011

"It relaxes me so that I no longer hold my upper body rigid and the pain is lessened. I am able to get much needed REM sleep."

64ncounting August 15, 2010

"Do not like the weight gain."

brandywine44 August 20, 2009

"I had pain in my head with shingles. After taking one pill the pain went away, the next day I went to work for a few hours."

Anonymous June 10, 2009