User Reviews for Neurontin

Learn more about Neurontin.

Neurontin review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Postherpetic Neuralgia.

Reviews for Neurontin to treat Postherpetic Neuralgia

Review by mhmama:

I am on Gabapentin for nerve damage due to chemotherapy. I am now up to 600mg 3 times a day. I am not having a lot of relief and have a lot of dizziness, joint pain headaches, and unsteadiness.

March 9, 2014 2:46 PM

I was first given Neurontin for the shingles, for a few days nothing helped the pain of the shingles, most painful thing I have ever had. After about a week I started feeling better, was sleeping all night and now I have no pain. Even though I still have the shingles best medicine for pain I have ever taken.

January 29, 2014 3:14 PM

Review by Jamie_LA (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I'm on 300mg 3x a day. It's my lifesaver for neuropathy and restless legs. It allows me to sleep at night. I find the only side effect is increased appetite.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Review by 24th ID:

My doctor started me on this after I had crazy nerve pain due to shingles. It works amazing for me! When I don't take it or it's time for my dose it feels like I've been shot in the area where my shingles were worst. So I have nothing but great things to say about this medicine for me.

August 3, 2011 9:27 PM

Review by 64ncounting:

It relaxes me so that I no longer hold my upper body rigid and the pain is lessened. I am able to get much needed REM sleep.

August 15, 2010 8:07 PM

Review by brandywine44:

Do not like the weight gain.

August 20, 2009 3:14 PM

I had pain in my head with shingles. After taking one pill the pain went away, the next day I went to work for a few hours.

June 10, 2009 9:22 AM