Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Gabarone

Learn more about Gabarone.

Restless Legs Syndrome 1 reviews 16 medications

5.3
Postherpetic Neuralgia 0 reviews 40 medications Not rated - Be the first

Reviews for Gabarone

Review by spiffywife (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: My restless leg syndrome results in cramp-like pains that nothing seems to help. Until I took 300 mg of Gabapentin. It definitely took care of the pain, but it left me feeling drunk the next morning! I was staggering when I walked and had great difficulty waking up. This lasted for several hours after I woke up. Thankfully, this only happened the first couple of times that I took Gabapentin. Unfortunately, it was only effective at 300 mg for about two weeks. I was supposed to move up to two capsules (600 mg total) after the first week, but hadn't out of fear of the side effects and at first it seemed unnecessary. Once the pain came back, I added the 2nd capsule and the tired, groggy feeling lasted all day! I'm not going to keep taking it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2015 5:44 PM

For Peripheral Neuropathy: I am using this medicine for Peripheral Neuropathy (caused by Velcade) and it was marvelous for me. It stopped the feelings of stabbing pins and needles straight away in my hands and feet. I am taking 100mg 3 times a day and have only been taking it for a week.

July 25, 2011 9:18 PM

Review by Frankee:

For Peripheral Neuropathy: I've used gabapentin for 6 years supplemented with propoxyphene (now off the market) and it has stopped the numbness and tingling I feel. It does not however deal with the spiked and the dull pain associated with neuropathy. I wish they would bring back Darvon. That medicine did wonders for me without any side effects.

December 25, 2010 11:49 AM

Review by bhutch1294:

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Side effects I had were light tremors in the morning and bad headaches, they eventually went away, but the medicine did not do anything for my pain.

December 29, 2009 2:21 AM