User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Gabapentin Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Gabapentin to treat Anxiety

"HI on 100mg of gabapentine ears are starting to feel swollen inside also terrible flatulence which smells like rotton eggs ? been on for 4 days thanks"

sue0505 May 19, 2016

"Ok, its funny i found this page because its perfect for what I want to say. I'm Diabetic and my foot doc gave me Gabapnetin for the pain and burning sensation in my feet. He gave me 300 mg and to take it 3 times daily. But I admit I now take 1500 mg at one shot in the morning. ( He said I can take more than what he gave me but he didn't get a chance to give me a new script. Anyway, it helps with my feet maybe 65% or so but don't care what anyone says no slurring, no falling a sleep or nodding out etc...) Its great and EFFECTIVE..."

Ron11235 May 9, 2016

"This medication is hopefully going to replace the clonazapam that I am currently taking. I have only been taking it a week but I have already felt some changes. My mood is happier, my anxiety is relieved. I feel my energy has improved, (sometimes a little too much) I get pretty chatty and when I have a few things to do, I have a tough time concentrating on just one and I find myself kind of bouncing around if that make sense..I have always been that way it seems like the meds have intensified it. I sometimes have a little trouble gathering my thoughts. The dose in the morning sometimes makes me sleepy so then I just drink like 2 red bulls and a monster and i'm good.;) Totally kidding!!!. I don't drink caffeine. Btw, I am taking 300 mg x3"

Nadafinga (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

"My Anxiety and panic attacks were so bad I had a hard time leaving the house, I still take Xanax and clonazapan, but with Gabapentin added it really made a difference. Im able to go out and shop with no problems now, first time in years I was able to drive into the big city."

sambaluk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

"Helps very well for my generalized anxiety. I take 800mg 3 times per day. Seems to stabilize my mood. Only side effect is problems with ejaculation."

Jk1022 April 21, 2016

"I went to a neurologist for nerves...like a live wire that started buzzing in my body 24/7. It wasn't painful, but annoying and concerning since it started up one day and it's been over a year. I'm getting testing done to rule out any physiological issues, but in the meantime, my doctor prescribed me Gabapentin 300 mg, 3x/day. Wow! I love this drug. I'm calmer, happier, and also have an increased sex drive. Works great for anxiety too. Didn't do much for my insomnia. Time seems to stand still though which is strange, but I don't mind. I can tell when I need another dose to calm my 'buzzing' feeling as it wears off after about 4 hours. My appetite was not affected and I did not gain weight."

Happy Janice (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

"I have been taking gabapentin...for awhile now. Me & my husband both. And it works wonders with our depression, anxiety. It also keeps us from craving drugs or alcohol. It helps with my social anxiety as well. We think its a miracle drug. As far as we're concerned."

LeeLa38 April 14, 2016

"Battled with anxiety and depression for almost 30 years now. Was on Xanax but got addicted to it and ended up in hospital recently. Tapered me off the Xanax and gave me Gabapentin 600mgs twice a day. Started seeing a difference in a few days, amazing. Works better on my anxiety than any benzo that I have been on. And I have been on most of them at one point or another. I wake up in a good mood. The only drawback that I have is that the morning dose makes me sleepy til about 11an but that is it. But I am not complaining because I would rather be sleepy than anxious and depressed."

Jeep90 April 11, 2016

"I was given this medication to treat anxiety and panic attacks. It has not helped me despite increasing the dosage to 900mg a day. It's always so disappointing when the hope of relief from a new medicine leads nowhere."

Rubymagpie April 7, 2016

"I have suffered from Depression/Anxiety for over 10 years, no medication has worked in the past. I thought I would have to live the rest of my being depressed. I gave up on all medications and at times wished I was dead. I would have to say Gabapentin is my miracle pill. This has truly worked for me I have to say I am happy I took this pill."

NEP (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

"I was prescribed gabapintin for ongoing depression, ptsd, & nerve disruption from disease treatment. Right away I had an amazing soothing of my nerves & happiness in the morning I could not recall ever feeling! It has helped me to recover a quality of life and ability to let go of addictive habits."

daissie (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

"I was given this med for my TN pain, after I went to my dentist and he found nothing wrong with my teeth. That same day, my dentist called my GP and my GP got me in right away. I was sent for facial x-rays to check for sinus infection, nothing, so my GP made several calls and got me into a neurologist, in the mean time he asked her what he could give me for pain since at this point I had lost 10 lbs and was missing work. They put me on Gabapentin and Amitriptyline. It took a couple of days, but wow, when it started to work it was AMAZING for pain relief. They have upped me to 600mg 3 x a day and now at about three everyday I am a little high. But, the best side effect ever has to be that my anxiety, period cramp pain and insomnia are gone!"

Miss Emme March 24, 2016

"I was prescribed gabapentin for back surgery pain, and nerve pain from diabetes... I'm on the max dose, 1200 mg 3 times a day... All I can say is thank you Load for freeing me up from the opiates! My mood is great, I sleep well and my pain has diminished by 75%! I am 63 years old, forced to retire due to excessive back pain (3 surgeries, one spinal fusion) and very bad nerve pain in my feet and hands... I've had no side effects and all my doctors (I've had triple bypass also... No heart attack, thank God.. No damage to my heart) have said there is no reason to discontinue using it !"

Gilk53 March 23, 2016

"I have been diagnosed with GAD, Panic Disorder and PTSD. I was having a hard time managing my anxiety with my Zoloft and Xanax only combo so my pdoc prescribed 300 mg Gabapentin 1/day. I did not feel much relief from this dose and it was upped to 300 mg 3/day. It's been 4 months and I have since had to increase to 600 mg 3/day and it's been really working for me. I do not have many side effects. I can tell if I miss a dose as withdrawal symptoms come rather quickly. I have not gained or lost weight. I am not overly tired and it does not make me feel restless. Overall, this med is working for me and I am glad my pdoc suggested I try it."

AbbyNelson March 8, 2016

"I just started gabapetin a week ago 1100mg2xday didn't notice anything am going to up the dose to 1200mg2xday I also take a benzodiazepine 3xday for anxiety"

pillgirly (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

"I was miserable. .....sad.....nervous! MD recommended neurontin.....it saved my life! 400 mg three times a day!"

Julieaycockhobson February 19, 2016

"Gabapentin has been working wonders for my anxiety and fibromyalgia or maybe it's just because I CANT STAY AWAKE LONG ENOUGH TO FEEL A DAMN THING. I hate the living hell out of this pill I have been trying to tapper off of it for weeks now and I'm in hell. Extreme abdominal pain. Can't actually sleep longer then 2 hours at a time and when I'm awake I feel like death. I can't focus or remember anything at all. This is truly hell"

Lostpaw (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

"I am on gabapentin for anxiety 300mg 3x a day I feel great I was on 100mg 3x a day for 2yrs and they just upped it. I feel good again I just get over the tired feeling again but I would tell anyone who try this med works wonders. I didnt know how good was til he upped it I was a mess I couldn't even make work. I'm off next couple weeks so med can adjust but been a week and already feel alot better"

sisi87 February 16, 2016

"70 yrs old. Have suffered from depression-bipolar since 17. Have been treated with tens of medications to no avail, except lithium for 43 yrs which no longer works. 4 yrs ago I was treated with Gabapentin, which seemed to decrease the depression already after initial dose of 300mg. Increased to 3*300mg to which I reacted well until general anaesthetic in dec 2015 for operation threw me into a deep depression. Any info on effect of anaesthetic on depression and any antidote?"

shosholoza (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2016

"My Doctor just prescribed this to me today, 300 mg once a day for 2 days, and then 2 a day for 2 days, and then 3 a day thereafter. He said it would make me really tired, as I am also on methadone. But I took the one before I was gonna go to bed, and I cannot sleep at all. I am so anxious and on edge right now.. This medication is definitely not for me...I took it a couple hours ago and I'm thinking about making myself puke because its time release so maybe it's not all in me yet? That is how bad this anxiety is. And since I'm on methadone, I no longer am prescribed Valium. So this really sucks as I don't have anything to take this edge off."

Jhuhv February 5, 2016

"Anxiety symptoms have worsened as I've titrated from 300 mg to 600 mg a day. Not the right drug for me, I fear."

hnella January 23, 2016

"I was started on Garbapentin for a herniated cervical disc. At first I was put on 900 mg, which wasn't really helping so my doctor bumped me up to 1800 mg a day. I've always been somewhat depressed and anxious... I got a side effect I did not bargain for. Not only did it help my pain, but my mood has been the best it has in years! I feel happy!!! Calmer. I can tell as soon as I miss a dose because my mood changes. I Hope my doctor lets me take this once my pain is gone. Usually side effects suck, this medication is not only a pain med but a happy pill."

Candi0207 January 20, 2016

"I'm 67 and have had an horrific experience with a dental implant process..its been almost a two year ordeal and still ongoing.. I began having really bad anxiety and depression...this was also aided by the death of my mother and 3 cousins I was close to. In any case, it got worse and worse..my doctor doesn't believe in diazapam etc which I think it's a personal thing with her. So I'm changing doctors but can't get in till February. A friend had a big bottle of Gabapentin after his dog died and told me it had a sedative effect. I hadn't slept more that 1-2 hours a night in months. I took a 300 mg of Gabapentin at night for 4 nights, since then I have slept through the night!!! This was HUGE for me..I've only taken it for 4 days... And it's like a miracle"

Mckatt January 9, 2016

"I have been on gabapentin for two weeks now. I'm on 300mg three times a day. It took about a few days for it to start working. But I have to say that this med works! If I do not take it or if I'm getting close to my next dose. I start to feel depressed. I love taking this. It really does help for headache pain, and mood. I got this for depression. Because i do suffer from depression and anxiety a lot. It seems to help with the depression but not anxiety. If anything it makes me more happier. More calmer and more relaxed. I have gotten dependent on this drug for my mood. It doesn't make me sleepy at all. My body has gotten use to taking it. I don't see myself getting off of this. I enjoy being relaxed and feeling calm."

Nyomi Mckenzie December 27, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 40 years old. I have dealt with social anxiety since my teen years. I have been on Wellbutrin XR 150 mg twice daily for several months, which has given me energy, improved mood, and increase sex drive. I started gabapentin a couple weeks ago for pain relief related to a slipped disc impinging nerves in my back, sciatica. I am taking 600 mg tthree times a day. I am amazed!! Social anxiety is gone! First time in my life. I have actually been chatty and social without breaking into a sweat from nerves. Also haven't reached for my when required Ativan at all since starting gabapentin. I couldn't be happier about this accidental discovery. Life changing. Also note that I am a recovering alcoholic. Maybe defective gaba has been the culprit?"

Jenny-;) December 22, 2015

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next