User Reviews for Gabapentin (Page 8)

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 292 medications

Small Fiber Neuropathy 2 reviews 0 medications

2.3
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 965 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Bipolar Disorder: "An absolutely horrific drug for treating Bipolar 2. I was prescribed 100 mg/day to start and upon waking, after the first night that I took it, I knew immediately something was wrong. I felt utterly drugged. I was off-balance and in an aggitated haze. My thoughts were muddled and I had most intensely "down" day I had had in months. It was a really bad day trying to just make it through. I called my dr and she said to stop taking it immediately. No good. I would stay far far away from this off-label drug."

AH333 November 2, 2015

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I love gabapentin, I take 2, 300mg capsules 3 times a day. I have neuropathy, lupus, raynauds, and rheumatoid arthritis. It has helped me so much, I've been able to move around easier and it helps so much with my neutrality and ra pain."

7Susan November 2, 2015

For Pain: "Introduced when I came down with the Shingles, a most painful ailment which covers most of your torso. Hydrocodone didn't phase it, my doctor explained how it worked and what was happening to my nerve endings. Shingles changes you life because it likes to linger around and your nerve ending have changed. So I'm on 600's 3 TID, makes life more pleasant. Hope this is helpful."

CDR_Condor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2015

For Pain: "This medicine relieved me from daily pain, however I started experiencing unwanted side-effects. The biggest is it would make my anxiety problems worse, and it took me a long time to figure it out."

Person69 October 28, 2015

For Pain: "Prescribed on Oct 5, threw it away October 25. Experienced wild mood swings, crying, agitated, and an evening of suicidal thoughts when I realized it was the drug. Was a very bad drug for me. Would definitely consider these as possible serious side effects when taking this drug."

Matilda B (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have the most intractable, severe, manic depressive major depression I have ever seen. I'm not much of an exaggerator%u2014 it is THAT bad. no psychosis, no mania, no dual diagnosis, just manic depressive major depression, severe, protracted. complicated by equally severe, unfortunately earned, ptsd. I am meds-resistant to ALL other mood stabilizers & antidepressants. I have TRIED ALL of them. I have always had issues with medications not working, but psychotropics are the WORST. I would write more, but there isn't enough space. I also have tic doloureaux, lucky me. For this, I was given neurontin. My side effect? I was brought nearly back to life. I have no words for the depth of my gratitude."

-kafkette- October 24, 2015

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: "I am a nurse, never thought it would help, I had to retire. I awoke the second day with out a crippling head ache and facial pain. I really am able to do more and hurt so much less. I love it."

TMJ and TN , Fibromialgia, October 23, 2015

For Pain: "I have found that neurotin has helped with my sciatic pain. It was originally given for the pain in my legs from restless leg syndrome. But it has definitely helped with the bad pain I experience from an injury in my sciatica. It used to be almost unbearable. I do not want to take addictive pain medications again. They only work if you are taking them on a constant basis, and that is not good. With the neurotin, I can take it in the morning and I get relief for most of the day."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Gabapentin is my happy pill. Best Anxiety medication I've ever had."

I'm Art October 19, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "My nerve Dr prescribed this awful medication for me without knowing exactly what is wrong with me. I took 300 mg at night & woke up feeling tired, drowsy all day, headache, sore throat & I didn't even have the energy to take a shower. The side effects are not worth it. I stopped taking it after 5 days. I would rather deal with my pain than to take this med. Do Not take this drug. It is awful."

Crazy Donna October 19, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I am on 100mg of gabapentin. When I read on the drug info that it may cause drowsiness I took it before bedtime. Well, it was four hours before I could fall asleep! So I skipped a day and started taking it in the morning, much better! It has topped my tingling in my toes and fingers as well as the aching in my legs. I do notice it comes back late afternoon so I will have to start to take a second pull then also. This medication has my stamp of approval so far "

Mykii (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2015

For : "I am on galapentin (neurontin)for a year now.I take 900 mg 3 times a day.It's been very effective with nerve issues.I have a new knee and 18 pins in my leg and 15 surgeries under my belt.The dreams are vivid as I've read others experienced. I also am on 60 mg of oxycontin 2 times a day and take xanax 4 times a day as needed. My doctor previously didn't prescribe the gabapentin and I've noticed a big difference in nerve pain relief.It does take few days to get full effect of medicine but does work. In my case I may not ever be able to walk but since this medicine I feel I can really give it 110% because it is effective. Just beware not to drive on meds till u get thru side effects. Give it a chance it will help."

Tom Williams 321 October 16, 2015

For Anxiety: "Gabapentin has been a miracle drug for me! I first started it 3 years ago for restless leg syndrome (which felt like painful electric shocks deep inside my legs.) It worked perfectly. I took 300 mg an hour before bed. About a year ago, I started having hot flashes (I'm 52) Instead of HRT, my doctor increased my dose to 600 mg a day, in divided doses, and my hot flashes are much better. Then, 6 months ago, I became the target of a bully in the workplace and my anxiety soared! I found it nearly impossible to concentrate and it was increasingly difficult to function at all! After increasing my dose to 600 mg three times a day, I am able to breeze through my work day and I'm no longer intimidated by the bully! "

Sophiedevil October 14, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I am a 22 year old female. I have been on Gabapentin for a few months now, and I am taking 600mg three times a day (I just had my dose doubled) and it does help with some of the pain. I still have trouble with speech, motor function, pain in my joints and tissues, occasionally breathing, lifting anything over 15 pounds, chest pain, and issues holding myself up. This has been going on for two years and it fluctuates from tolerable periods to barely able to get out of bed periods."

Jessied593gmail (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2015

For : "I have just started this med. I have a spinal cord stimulator and hate it. I take Norco for constant pain with minimal relief. I had no good relief from gabapentin but this time release sample has been amazing for the pain. I have been at a #2 for 2 days in a row and I am very excited. I called and found that Garlise IS covered under my Part D at 35 per month and 45 next year. I am experiencing the customary side effects, hoping they will decrease with time. Dry mouth, dizzy, headache on awakening and heavy feeling. But the pain is SO much better!! I will update as my experiences change and time passes. I am very hopeful after years of Neuropathy."

debdebga (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "I was first placed on 100 mg gabapetin three times a day to help relieve nerve pain shooting down my arm due to the assumption that there was an issue in my neck. Once the C5/6 herniation was confirmed by an MRI my neurologist increased this amount to 300 mg three times a day. I have noticed a great deal in decrease in the nerve pain but still feel about 30 percent especially when it wears off does to does. I can also still feel a great deal of the muscle spasms through the gabapentin and regular narcotics do not touch the residual pain. I was also placed on Diazapam (Valium) to help with the nerve pain. It helps to some degree but not entirely."

jjarman (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "After years of battling depression, ADHD, PTSD, and serve anxiety my Dr. put me on gabapentin. I was recently diagnosed with mixed bipolar disorder. I have been struggling over 15 years now with Dr.'s trying me on all kinds of meds. I take Paxil, Klonopin, and clonodine, along with the gabapentin that they just increased to help with my ADHD. I don't want to say it's a miracle med., but I see the difference already. My thoughts are more clear, and it helps me concentrate better than I ever had. I wish one of the many Dr.'s over the years could have actually picked up on my current diagnosis, but at least I feel better now and can focus on my therapy to learn better coping skills during this process."

Kimg62 October 5, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Gabapentin saved my life! It literally cured EVERYTHING FOR ME, that nothing else could treat: migraine, nerve pain, muscle pain, anxiety, ADHD, and depression. I feel like I'm free to be myself again. And I can focus, breath, and smile. Thank you God. I Seriously recommend it to anyone with any of my diseases."

Lynsieloverly October 5, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started taking Gabapentin three months ago for bulging disc and nerve pain. I'm currently on 300mg a day. This dosage helps about 90% of the time for pain. But I've always suffered from social anxiety. I noticed after taking Gabapentin for maybe a month or so that my crazy, continuous worries were going away. Now three months in, I feel so bubbly and chatty, and not afraid to talk to people, and I'm not afraid to take part in social activities that used to terrify me. I was reading about Gabapentin online, and when I found out that it's sometime prescribed for anxiety, it hit me: Wow. Since I've been taking this, I've been feeling so much better. This drug is amazing. I feel like now I'm the person I was always supposed to be."

MRT821 October 4, 2015

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I just took my first dose of Gabapentin I experienced severe reactions from tongue and throat swelling, slurring of words , headache, swollen glands and face, blurred and double vision. My Dr. is trying to wean me off Mirapax and Neupro patch as they have augmented. Now on a steroid and Benadryl to counteract that, still have blurred vision and it is 24 hours later."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Gabapentin has been amazing for me! I have been battling bi polar my whole life. I am 50 now and have been on several antidepressants for the last 5 years. Nothing really helped. For the last couple years, I would wake up crying for no reason and not wanting to get out of bed. The last time I went to see my doc she asked me if bi polar ran in my family. I told her I wasn't sure but though there might be. She put me on 300 mg. The first morning I woke up after taking the med, it had an overnight result! I did NOT cry and was able to get out of bed easier. I was amazed that my life changed so much in one day! I highly recommend anyone suffering from bi polar to try this med."

Finally! (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

For Anxiety: "Help needed. I took one gabapentin was fine when I took 2nd one about 2 and a half hours later I was feeling weird I only take 1 x 100mg per day. Just need to know if this was a reaction to it."

michelle962 September 29, 2015

For Pain: "I've been on gabapentin for several yrs & it was originally for back pain. I had my L4/5 disc fused then 6 years later had a spinal cord stimulator put in. 4 surgeries later NO RELIEF AT ALL. I've been on 300 MG 3x's a day. But recently my neurologyst decided that I should actually take 600 MG 3x's a day because I've been suffering from migraines since age 7. The thing that I've noticed is that my memory is off. I will be in a drive thru & have a list of items that I want off the menu & as soon as they ask me what I want, I draw a blank & look at my son like "HELP" At first I didn't think anything of it but now it's becoming habit. Why??"

Lil sug September 26, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I've been on nuerontin for a few days now and since yesterday a few hours after I take it my body starts to twitch really bad. It started while I was driving to my shop with my son in the car. I was terrified I was going to wreck. I was even having trouble unbuckling him from his car seat. Walking and writing and talking is difficult. Then I was very lightheaded and very weak. I couldn't even go through my files. Now my eyes hurt and are getting blurry. I'm still twitchy. Last night my fiance said I was twitching pretty badly while I slept. Not to mention the tingling my my fingers and toes and the extreme heat shooting through my leg.. I hope this goes away. If not I'm calling my doctor back."

Bratt Kid (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I started taking Gabapentin two weeks ago. My doctor prescribed it for my hot flashes and night sweats. I was averaging two to three hot flashes an hour and terrible night sweats every night. It was very debilitating and overwhelming. Since starting the Gabapentin the night sweats have vanished altogether and I average two hot flashes a day! it's a lifesaver for me. I take three 300 mg. pills per day, one in the morning, one after dinner and one before bed."

bwolkins (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2015