User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 293 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 178 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 722 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Fibromyalgia: "I was given Neurontin by my orthopedic surgeon for nerve pain in my back before having a hip replacement. It dawned on me after a week or so, I had no fibromyalgia pain. After going over what I had been doing differently, I figured out it was the Neurontin. I goggled it and found that the University if Cincinnati had tested it yielding positive results in treating fibromyalgia pain symptoms. My Dr has decided to continue the medicine as long as I am getting relief from the pain. I do have to say that the fibro fog is still a bit of an issue and I find my short term memory is a bit glitchy. But, hey that what iPhones are for, right? Being pain free is worth the trade off. My brain us slowly acclimating. It's great to live and not just cope."

Lbc6333 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I was given Gabapentin to try for hot flashes. It works at night more than I ever hoped for. Day time it helps quite a bit. Along with the hot flashes it stopped my anxiety and panic attacks. I can now sleep."

Claire B. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have bipolar disorder, chronic depression, and anxiety and gabapentin has help tremendously without the use of other narcotic medicines. Yea, it makes you feel a little loopy for the first few weeks, but after that it does a wonderful job calming the nerves. One day I decided to go off it and the next day I had insane mood swings until I started it back up 2 days later and then it was like night and day. So that's how I know this stuff works. While I was off it, I threw my back out and after going back on it my back pain was virtually gone. Killed two birds with one stone. It does make my face more oily than normal along with minor fatigue and added hunger, but other than that I love it."

Pete7189 August 7, 2014

For Anxiety: "In 2012, I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder from trauma from 9-11-01 events in New York City. I had lived with PTSD for over 10 years unknowingly. Two different doctors put me on anti-depressants because I did not sleep well. All 3 (Zoloft, Amitriptyline, and Trazodone) worsened my mood. I did not have clinical depression; i.e., did not have trouble getting out of bed. A third doctor prescribed gabapentin. I am less reactive, feel more social, and generally more happy. Also, if I wait to take a dose, I can feel the onset of anxiety, unlike in the last 12 years, which is helpful for practicing sensory emotional regulation. With the ability to feel when anxiety sets, I can practice the technique. I hope to be off medication soon."

motorcyclebaby (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Neurontin (gabapentin) for : "I take 900mg Neurontin for trigeminal neuralgia. For me it works very well, I was taking Lyrica 400 mg daily the side effects were terrible. It controls my nerve pain so far, I have no side effects but I can't miss a dose though, because my pain returns."

Revrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2014

For Migraine: "Gabapentin not only helped with migraines, shortening their intensity, duration and also my recovery time afterward, but it also helped with spasticity, my duration and quality of sleep, muscle stiffness and pain and some cognition. I take it for issues surrounding traumatic brain injury and have had no negative side effects, but several positive ones."

azgenereaux (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2014

For Pain: "In mid May suffered a back injury after heavy squatting in the gym. The pain progressively became worse to the point where you couldn't stand/walk. The Dr (in a UK citizen) started me on Cocodamol and naproxen. This did not help, and I was unable to sleep for more than 2 hrs a night. I was then put on amitriptyline which did not work, as well as slow release morphine, still with no relief. Yesterday (25 Jul 2014) my Dr advised switching from amitriptyline to Gabapentin. I started on 3x300mg tablets. Last night I had my first full night sleep in 8 weeks. I cannot explain the relief I felt to wake up in the morning like a normal person again."

BigNick33 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2014

192 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was taking Lamictal and Klonopin for a long time and doing very well on it. In 2010 I had to have a lumbar disk replacement from an old hockey injury in college. Sadly I got hooked on pain pills and when I finally stopped I was spending about 5k to 6k a month on pills which indicates how much I was taking. Since about Xmas of 2013 I have been going through a period of Major Depression and Severe anxiety. I just kept getting worse and worse and the Klonopin/Lamictal stopped working. I had a prescription of Gabapentin sitting in my drawer that I had been prescribed but stopped using because it was making me dizzy. I decided to try it our of desperation and all I can say is wow. My anxiety has gone from a 10 to a 2 and no side effects."

jeevgill (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2014

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Psychiatric nurse decided to change antidepressant (trazodone). Caused psychotic episode. Hospitalized and psychiatrist decided not to put me back on antidepressant (Lexapro) that I was taking before trazodone. Bad move. They put me on gabapentin for several months. Angry most of the time. Irritable. Unhappy. Finally getting off gabapentin. Didn't help mood (made it worse), didn't help anxiety (I had to take more Ativan). The use of gabapentin was off label and a very bad idea. "

driving me nuts (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2014

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Ex football player through NCAA and a little bit beyond. In my 40's after years of suffering I had a lumbar fusion followed 2 years later by cervical fusion..been on opiate pain relievers for 12 years. Of course many are familiar with what can happen with these medicines over a long period. Long story short, I am off the opiates, but still have my pain at age 56. Got Doc to prescribe Gabapentin. This is the first week and it's gotten rid of all the stiffness (I seize up muscularly with physical activity) and knocked out all but localized pain at the surgery sites. So I add Naproxen Sodium which also adds to the absorption of gabapentin. I'm functioning."

Roy s July 20, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "Lumbar fusion, cervical fusion. 12 years of opiate treatment for the pain led to a large tolerance for these medicines. I'm opiate free now. I have been put on Gabapentin. I love it. For me the build up of stiffness is more of a problem than the pain is. Don't get me wrong, it hurts!, but I seize up the more I do a physical activity. I'm on day 4. The stiffness is all gone. The pain is reduced to the lumbar area only, and only a 2 or 3 on the pain scale after a full day of housework. So many good reports out here, I thought I would share...thanks."

Roy S (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2014

180 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have generalized anxiety disorder and have been on SSRI's and Benzodiazepines. The SSRI's made me manic. Zoloft, Buspar, Paxil...etc. I have been in 2 treatment programs and the hospital for harmful thoughts over the last 5 years. My doctor put me on Gabapentin and seemed to work real well. Then a follow up doc took me off and said I had to take an antidepresseant and Xanax to help me sleep. Huge mistake. Well I went back on the Gabapentin then off again because I thought it was causing a problem but it was really the Xanax. Now, I have been put back on it 300mg 3x a day. I also take a low dose of Remeron and trazodone to help me sleep. I think it is a good medication for anxiety and I hope this time I get good results like I did the first time I was on it."

hightsman July 17, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "I had a back injury in the Marine Corp in 1989 I have had 7-9 on the pain scale for over 15 years. I have been on morphine 30mgs 6 times a day, Vicodin 10/325 for over six years oxycodone, hydrocodone, fentanyl patches 150 mg every 72 hours, almost any pain medicine you can think of. I stopped my Vicodin cold turkey after six years, If you have been on pain meds you know what withdrawal is and how painful it can be. I went right to gabapentin. Oh My God thank you for this pill it is amazing, absolutely zero withdrawal effects from the Vicodin and I was on over 300 mg a day for six years. I mean it zero withdrawal symptoms. I feel zero back pain and I mean zero. This pill is a miracle I'm on 900 mg 3 times a day."

jawbraker July 15, 2014

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Small Fiber Neuropathy: "I take 900 mg a day for neuropathy in my feet it was Effective at first but in time did not relieve my Pain. I have chronic Pain in my Feet Hands & Back."

JACKIE-LEEG THATS ME (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2014

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Tried Lyrica and could not drive due to impact on awareness. Tried ibuprofen which works when combined with acetaminophen in nighttime cough medicine but takes too long to relieve pain. Tried gabapentin(Neurontin)generic 100 mg three times per day. It works good for the pain in the feet but does not work for my back pain. Side affects are minor, a slight impact on alertness but not much so I have no problem driving safely."

PainInTheFoot July 13, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been taking Neurontin for about 3 months now for Fibromyalgia pain. I am now on 600mg 3X/day. I have not noticed any significant change in pain levels. The pain I have that is the constant daily pain may be slightly better but the flares I experience have not improved at all. I experience a lot of fatigue with the fibro but the Neurontin is making me so sleepy I can hardly accomplish anything during the day."

Bluephoenix (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2014

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've been taking 1800 mg of gabapentin for restless legs since April of this year..it has been wonderful. Plus, I get a tad drowsy..but, alas there is a problem..weight gain..I've been on a 1200 calorie diet and I continue to gain weight...15lbs since the end of April...what to do?"

meglet July 8, 2014

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "After a L5-S1 microdiscectomy, the disc reherniated and I was eventually diagnosed with spondylolisthesis. A couple of weeks prior to a scheduled spinal fusion, I developed an extremely severe case of flu and then a couple of weeks after that came Guillain-Barre Syndrome (a rare autoimmune form of peripheral neuropathy). I have been on 3600mg/day of gabapentin for 18mos and have been told I can expect to be on it for the "foreseeable future". While I still have days where my neuropathy is worse than others, this medicine has played a huge part in my having a better quality of life than I thought was possible with these two major conditions."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 1, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "I have a ruptured disc in my back (L5,S1) with my disk touching the sciatic nerve giving me excruciating pain, and before this my doctors had me on hydrocodone, Flexeril, and naproxen. This was no relief for me, the pain literally had me in tears at work and at all times of the day. There were days I wouldn't be able to sleep because of the pain. My lovely girlfriend told me to ask my primary about this medicine and I am so happy. I was at a level 9 pain this morning and now I can be in any position I want without feeling the sciatic pain in my leg. I have absolutely zero pain now and I am very very happy! I got my life back, I am still doing the epidural steroid shot this week because I would like my disc to heal faster."

Satisfied dude (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2014

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine: "I have migraines since I was 12, I went to different doctors, exams, medicine etc; I was in pain 5 or 6 days in a row till I used gabapentin. This medicine changed my entire life. Now I have a headaches once a month it's incredible. The consequences I'm happy all of the time and I spent more time with my little boys."

Th. vaz-san (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine: "I have experienced crippling pain that left me hungover. My doctor put me on Gabapentin and the migraines have stopped, so have the leg cramps."

Not Hurting (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2014

For Occipital Neuralgia: "Sciatica pain and related SEVERE knee pain is almost completely gone after two days."

CasaCurry June 18, 2014

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have been taking Gabapentin for about two weeks now, starting at 300mg at night which knocked me out! I had been having terrible pain in hips and legs, and sciatic pain at night, and tingling/ numbness in hands in the morning. It made me sleepy the first week but now starting to get used to it. Still a little clumsy but getting better. Now increased dose to 300mg at bedtime and 300mg in the morning after breakfast. I feel so much better now. Side effects other than sleepiness are not apparent so I am much encouraged. Thank you Gabapentin!"

tryingabapentin (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2014

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "I have been dealing with thigh pain/numbness and tingles for almost two years from a pinched nerve in my thigh and lower back. Doctors always say LOSE WEIGHT! Well easier said than done. I am not that over weight. Finally met with a SMART neurologist. He said throw away the meds they had me on before which did nothing but MAKE me gain weight (Nortriptyline). He put me on Gabapentin 800mg. I was told to take half tablet three times a day unless I needed more, which I don't. It has been three days..First time in almost two years I sleep through the night because the irritation is GONE. I sleep all night like a baby, wake up refreshed, have ZERO pain in my leg. My coworkers say I am pleasant now. I have NO anxiety now as well! LOVE IT!"

Ash-Happy! June 12, 2014

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have never in my 30 years of living been so happy & alive thanks to the gabapentin and lithium my psychiatrist put me on almost 3 months ago. Going back to my inpatient stay in March- I was suicidal because I didn't think there was any other way out of the pain and burden of being anxious 24/7. It paralyzed me. I felt helpless. Now, I go to the gym, play with my son more, preform better at work, and all my relationships are much better. I can actually think to communicate. Also, I don't go from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds anymore. I'm like "I got this. Just breathe" I can't even make myself anxious anymore. I've tried. I am on 3000mg a day of Gabapentin (5-600mg pills a day) and 600mg of Lithium (2-300mg pills a day). True Happiness!"

Blessed_to_be_here (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2014

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 10 ...Next