User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 293 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 193 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pudendal Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 681 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Pain: "I have suffered from the pain of arthritis and disc degeneration in my lower back and neck. I also have fibromyalgia. As if that wasn't enough, I have been recently diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder. This medication has been great for me. I've only been on it for 4 days and already my pain has been greatly reduced. I haven't had to take any Percocet which is great. I have had to take a couple Tylenol. It has also really helped reduce my anxiety and depression. I really hope it keeps working. I take 300 mg about 1 PM and two 300 mg capsules at night. Side effects are minimal. I'm still a bit drowsy in the morning but it's nothing a good cup of coffee won't cure. It has been a great medication for me."

Dutch777 April 19, 2014

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I took Gabapentin for the usual depression/anxiety combination. It helped my anxiety SO much and I was a new person on it. The only reason I had to go off of it was because I have Interstitial Cystitis and the Gabapentin acted as a bladder irritant to my condition. Other than it worsened my interstitial cystitis, this medication was pretty flawless."

ThisIsPatrick (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I had two major surgeries last year. A total hip and a total knee while in rehab for the total knee. I started experiencing diabetic neuropathy. The doctor gave me 900 mgs daily for it. I can tell you it was a great improvement and was very pleased. The 1st of the year I tried a herbal medicine and it didn't work. I did give it a month. I am now back on the gabapentin. I am so thankful for it, never will I go without it."

JimNashville (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2014

For Insomnia: "Just started Neurontin 2 days ago. Dose is 200mg. It has worked wonders for me."

sogap34 April 13, 2014

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed Gabapentin for anxiety/depression, after trying amitryptylline and citalopram, both of which did not work. My dose was 300mg Gabapentin 3x a day, however, this dose was causing me to have really achey joints so I stopped taking the evening one and now have one when I get up, and one at lunchtime. I can really feel the effects of the morning one, as, an hour after taking it I feel a little light headed and drunk, but very focused and determined. I am also sleeping better as my head isn't full of worries when I go to sleep like it used to be. Gabapentin does not make you feel sluggish and zombie-like like other meds, in fact I find them to be the opposite - I get loads done in a day which also helps me sleep."

Peppasmum (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2014

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Best anti-anxiety medicine yet."

Nickname April 10, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I started gabapentin 600 mg 3x daily after I had 2 bulging disk removed from my neck that had crushed my spinal cord. I was a paraplegic but I could feel nerve pain. I couldn't even have sheets touch my legs without pain. It's been a year now I've been on it. I can tell when I'm late taking it. What a life saver. I get blurry vision sometimes and have gained weight (might be because my movement is limited). Might have to take it the rest of my life, but it beats pain pills."

alexandriaw April 4, 2014

For Pain: "I had suffered with chronic sciatica on my right leg for four months before finding the great doctor who prescribed gabapentin to me. I've spent 3 weeks working up from 1 to 3 pills a day. Each pill is 300mg. My pain has dropped from unbearable to nothing! An MRI shows a Trevor cyst about 3/4" in diameter which is on my 5th lumbar putting pressure at the top of the sciatic nerve. I thought I'd be facing cortisone shots and eventual surgery to deal with the tricky cyst but maybe thanks to this medicine I'll be able to dodge that path of treatment. I am sleeping more soundly, I have less energy in the evening and my overall energy level seems reduced but given the trade off of being pain- free, it's worth it."

Abbyscapes (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2014

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "My night time hot flashes were keeping me from sleeping. I would have 4 or 5 episodes a night. My Dr. Prescribed Neurontin and within 2 days my hot flashes have disappeared. I only take this medication at night as it makes me drowsy. I take 200 mg. It is a miracle!!!"

Christina11 March 29, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Before taking gabapentin I had difficulty walking and getting a good night's sleep. I would constantly get shooting pains up and down my legs, as well as both feet. In just a few days after beginning taking gabapentin, the majority of the shooting pain in the legs subsided. The pain in the feet is more tolerable as well. Just wonder how long this "miracle" medicine will continue working for me."

GlennJon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2014

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "After six back related surgeries, I developed peripheral neuropathy. I was placed on Savella which helped some, but my neurologist decided to add Gralise as well. What had been absolutely terrible burning in both legs has been reduced with both of these medications. The Gralise was a helpful addition to the Savella. The question below regarding the insurance coverage; I had a blue cross plan which picked up about 40-50% then I recently purchased another blue cross plan which, at this moment in time, is not covering the Gralise, so my neurologist is trying to get them to authorize it."

Len's love March 20, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: "I am a 43 year old and I have had so much tenderness and pain with fibromyalgia, and to tell the truth I don't like to take medication.. but I was is such terrible pain I decided to go on GABAPENTIN under my doctors care. I am in awe. I feel so much better, especially in the morning. I also swim and get light massages to manage the pain. I can actually move my neck without agony! My doctor started me out on a higher dose than normal because of the pain. I take 3 of the 400 mg capsules daily. I have only been on them a few days but I can feel a BIG DIFFERENCE! I actually have energy and my mind not as " foggy" as before. I hope and pray this medication continues to give me fantastic results with few side effects."

Bedazzelle March 19, 2014

180 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Gabapentin has been a life saver for me. I have suffered from dysthemia and anxiety for my entire 47 years of existence. I've been on every medicine they could toss at me over the years but nothing helped with my symptoms. Then I had back surgery for a discotomy on L5 on my spine. I had severe leg pain and the sciatica pain was very intense. The doctor prescribed gabapentin for residual nerve pain in my left foot. Without gabapentin my foot feels like its on fire but I also discovered how different I was beginning to feel with my depression and anxiety....I felt alive for the first time in decades. I kid you not, it is a wonderful and my doctor has been recording my progress on it with my depression and anxiety. Great medicine."

sliceman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2014

168 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Helps with nerve pain in both legs."

degenerative spine (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed in 2009 after over a decade of chronic aches and pains that couldn't be described by any physicians. After countless bloodtests, MRIs, CAT scans, and the like, I finally found a Neuro that decided to try Gabapentin. I've been on it now, low dose, for about a week. Placebo effect or otherwise, I DO feel better. My normal daily functions seem easier, the pain has almost entirely subsided to a 'dull' ache, my headaches have dwindled to almost nothing, and my energy has increased; which I can only attribute to actually sleeping through the night for more than four days. I will be gradually increasing my dosage over the next four weeks to see if I get even better. I'm ecstatic that I found this physician and Gabapentin!"

Cecelia Ideally (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was on gabapentin when I was younger around age 16 to 18 and I remembered it must had worked pretty well because I stayed on for a little while. So fast forward almost ten years and I started seeing doctor again due to social anxiety and asked if I could try gabapentin. I started low 100mg at night which actually did help me sleep and felt calming effect but I did notice a little twitchy, but all in all it was ok the problem was the next day my anxiety seemed a lot worse I even tried couple more nights and same thing always happened. I'd have physical effect of anxiety, pounding heart, etc. I am also on methadone so I don't know if this why this medication made me have such bad anxiety next day but everyone is different."

Ah1105 March 13, 2014

For Anxiety: "I suffer from generalzed anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and panic disorder. I have been on Neurontin for about three months. At first I was on 300mg/day, and now am on 600mg/day. My doctor wants to ultimately get me up to 900mg/day. This medicine works great. It keeps me on a calm and even keel, plus eliminates some of my physical anxiety symptoms. The only side effect I experienced was some slight clumsiness at first, which disappeared after a few days. I also take Tenormin and Prozac."

Serene Celine (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine: "I read the other comments and decided to try it. It was wonderful! I've been using Neurontin for nerve pain down my leg for 3 months. It's great to know it serves more than one purpose. Thanks everyone."

Vbeckford March 9, 2014

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I am on Gabapentin for nerve damage due to chemotherapy. I am now up to 600mg 3 times a day. I am not having a lot of relief and have a lot of dizziness, joint pain headaches, and unsteadiness."

mhmama March 9, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine: "My neurologist put me on this after being on Topamax and propranolol for chronic migraines for 5 months. For the first time in 6 months, I haven't had a headache for 3 consecutive days and it's a miracle! Only thing is that I've been excessively thirsty and having some problems with my vision/dizziness, but she warned me that I would likely experience the dizziness. Such a change in my life."

3 days in. 3 days headache free! (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2014

For Anxiety: "I just started Gabapentin 300mg Feb 28th and am titrating down of off Lexapro. It started making my anxiety go through the roof. I am also on Buspar, Lamictal and Zoloft. I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder and am in recovery x5 years from Alcoholism. Without medication my life is unmanageable. So far I feel great, not sure if its because I am lowering my Lexapro and will be off this Friday. Or if it's the Gabapentin. I am hoping this works."

glittereyes (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have had panic attacks since I was four, I am 33 now. I was an alcoholic four 10 years cause I was on a high dose of Xanax and I got hooked then my doctor put me on Klonopin because it is a longer lasting medicine. I then got put on gabapentin 400mg three times a day and it has been a blessing. It helped me get rid of Klonopin and now I am panic attack free."

cold837 March 3, 2014

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I am 47 with such an exhausting history of anxiety that had led me to self medicate with alcohol, until finally finding the correct medical doctor. Doctors in the past have been writing me scrips that have been making me crazier and crazier, just adding to my problem. Now I am alcohol free with no panic attacks, I have no problems being by myself and keeping occupied with work and fun things to do. I sleep like a baby all through the night. It's wonderful."

Phyllis in FL (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2014

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have just recently started taking this medicine and my anxiety has vanished. I have even tried to make myself anxious and it will not happen. I am satisfied so far. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2014

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "This drug does wonders for the neuropathy in my feet and hand. I take 1800mg a day, it brings the pain to were I can live with it."

toddwest February 25, 2014