User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 293 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 193 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pudendal Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 681 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Gabapentin

For : "I slipped a disc in my back in May 2006 at the age of 17. My doctor prescribed 900mg of Gabapentin (300mg 3x daily) to decrease the amount of inflammation, which was causing severe back pain, and the loss of feeling in my feet and legs. It is now October 2014 and I am still taking it. My doctor recently increased my dosage to 1200mg daily (600mg 2x daily), due to rheumatoid arthritis symptoms in my hands. This medicine is amazing! Such a God send. When I take it regularly, I have almost no symptoms from my back injury and have only a little soreness and stiffness in my hands."

Anameleth (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 25, 2014

For Insomnia: "I've been struggling with anxiety and depression for about 5 months now, so my doctor put me on Lexapro. When I went back, they prescribed me a higher dosage, causing me not to sleep but maybe 3 hours all together throughout the night. I told my doctor and she gave me Neurontin 200mg and it has helped me very much! It does work the way I expected. It doesn't just help you sleep, it lets you rest! And that is what I surely did need."

Riebayy October 25, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: "My new doctor just prescribed Neurontin. For the first time in years, I had a good night's sleep and woke up with less pain and stiffness. It's the first "Good morning" I can truly say. Only 300 mg dosage. Thrilled. My previous doctor tried other medications, always an epic failure. My new doctor listened to my "story", paid attention, and believed me when I brought up my Fibromyalgia."

tangodancer101 October 24, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain: "Ive got 2 slipped discs in my lower back resting on nerves and effecting my bladder.I was in agony for 6 mths and was given drugs that didnt help at all,just recently ive been put on pregabline an gabapentine and the pain has gone but without them I'd b in agony but the drugs do make me feel like I'm drunk and carnt walk and my vision an memory short term bt better than being in the agony I was in."

charlie.... October 23, 2014

For Migraine: "I broke my arm and severely messed my back up in a car accident. I have had sciatic pain for 2 year. With Percocet, gabapentin and Zanaflex I am able to function correctly."

tjl70 October 20, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Neurontin for several years. I take it along with Zoloft for bi-polar disorder. All I can say is that it works for me!"

Donna M. October 19, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "Neurontin has been a life saver for me. I've been taking it for 8 years since my first time I was in a drug rehab center. My doctor started giving me neurontin as a mood stabilizer and said that it helps with opioid and heroin withdrawal symptoms. And he was absolutely right. I have been on so many medications and neurontin is definitely the best med I have taken for my symptoms. I recommend this to anyone who has the problem tht I do."

chrissy3520 October 19, 2014

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "After having shingles (most painful experience I have ever had) the nerve pain came and I didn't know there was help. Went to follow up appointment and they gave me Gabapentin and IT WORKED. I am still on and will stay on as I feel it is allowing me to live life. I have been out of work after 2 weeks in hospital and the recovery with nerve pain since 8-6-14 returning 11-13-14 and saying prayers I can live normally. Side effects worth the good effects. Remembering a word, stuttering, dizzy, blurred vision I'll take it over the pain any day. I am NOT a medicine person, it is the only medicine I take at 57 years old. Worth a try for sure."

Blessedgranny October 19, 2014

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Epilepsy: "I take 1500mg daily, morning, noon mid afternoon, tea time and evening. They have kept my fits away ."

Gemprid (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 16, 2014

For Hot Flashes: "I was lucky enough to find this "off purpose" use for Gabapentin while searching for something else entirely ! I can honestly say the results are astonishingly great...I no longer feel as though I'm being microwaved 20 times a day. Additionally, it has helped me be much less fearful/tentative when driving on the freeway to and from work. I am normally very "tightly wound", and I now truly understand what it feels like to be calm and without that constant, nagging worry feeling. This is a game-changer for me !!"

DDG23 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2014

For Pain: "I was diagnosed with neck hernia on c5/c6 with arthritis and Gabapentin (paired with Physical Therapy exercises foam roller) truly helped out. The one interesting thing about Gabapentin is that it somehow knocked out my anxiety as well. It was real nice to be able to take a medicine which left me with no side effects but also improved on another condition. I found out that taking Gabapentin with soda (I use Ginger-Ale) actually helps absorb it better than taking it with water. My dosage was 3600mg per day. It's worth mentioning that you probably shouldn't drive when you take Gabapentin. Every human is different so try it out, see what works for you. This medicine has the ability to make things appear more 'vivid' while enhancing music/sound as well."

Bosnacium October 5, 2014

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Neurontin helped a lot with my severe restless leg syndrome & some with my chronic back pain. However, the 2 times it was tried on me over the years I had the bad side effect of doing things in my sleep I was unaware of! I once microwaved a remote & the house was filled with smoke! Also, would find bathroom towels in a kitchen cupboard, boxed food in the fridge, ect. So, even though it was helpful-had to quit using due to those side effects!"

grammyb (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2014

Gralise (gabapentin) for : "Dizziness and highly increased appetite"

Dr44Mr45 September 27, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started taking gabapentin experimentally to treat chronic depression and am now prescribed 1800mg a day. At doses of 2700mg I experienced a significant improvement in impulse control and depression in general. Went from being a shut in, to going for walks and enjoying my time in the company of others. At the lower dose of 1800mg a day, I don't experience much improvement, save for a decrease in depressive symptoms. I'm looking forward to a larger dose if my doctor okays it."

babylegs (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2014

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have been taking gabapentin in significant doses (900mg/4xday). When it is time for me to take a dose my upper back and my arms will begin to tingle and become cold and my hands will begin to burn. If I wait my arms and back will become very cold and no amount of heat will help. Once I take my dose my symptoms will subside in 15 to 30 minutes. I take my gabapentin with a 5 mg tab of oxycodone which I take for a variety of serious pain and I think that the combination is much more effective for dealing with neuropathy. I have not found any studies that support my observation. I suffer no side effects from this medication."

pags (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 22, 2014

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I took one pill and had more anxiety than normal, did not help pain and lay in bed awake all night. Took it again..... Same thing. More anxiety than normal and muscle spasms are horribly intense. I will be calling my doctor Monday. This medicine did the opposite of what it was supposed to. It is definitely not for me."

Rosie Posy (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I love gapapentin! I take 600 - 1200 mg a day and I am happy again. I was on other medicines plus Celexa for depression but still had horrible anxiety and crazy mood swings. I now take my gapapentin and 100 mg of Seroquel and I have no anxiety and I feel better overall. I am not really sleepy either."

Being Bipolar is not all bad (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2014

For Pain: "I have a bulging disc (C4) which traps a nerve leading to severe pain in my right shoulder (at worst) and a near constant tingling and semi-numbness in my left lower arm and hand (at best). I've taken Gabapentin before and had been reluctant to try them again because of the drowsiness, fatigue and general weirdness I felt the last time, but the pain got the better of me and so I capitulated. I take 1200mg 3 times a day and so far the sharp shoulder pain has gone, however the tingling has not. Apart from having great difficulty coming to full wakefulness on a morning, I feel completely hyperactive and a little manic- not a bad thing as I'm getting a lot done!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2014

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've had insomnia for 30 years. Starting taking Gabapentin. Well I'm up at 3:00 and I will never fall a sleep. It has made my Insomnia worse. Racing heart beat, skipping beats, Tongue is swelled up, Facial skin has a rash. Plus red itching eyes and stomach noisy and feels uncomfortable. I'm really so very disappointed. With these side effects so soon. I would be doing myself so much harm to continue this Medication. I'm glad it works for people you are saved from this awful plight of acute insomnia."

Inchicago (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2014

For Pain: "Prescribed 360mg for intense pain in feet caused by mortons neuromas and inflammation of brain. Have taken only 100mg at night. Experiencing increasing eye pain. Resolved to stop taking and seek urgent referral to neuro opthalomagist"

nimuex (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I was put on gabapentin right after back surgery on my L4 L5 S1 S2 lower lumbar spine. After 2 years from surgery I still remain on this medicine due to permanent nerve damage. This medicine managed to calm my nerves at night and get rid of the pain allowing me to fall asleep. I am on 200 mg a night but sometimes only need 100mg. It has been a lifesaver. I don't take this during the day due to the drowsiness side effect but it works wonderful. I do wake up extremely thirsty though."

Megstoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been on Neurontin since 1997 (2500 mg) for generalized anxiety. Just fear of doing anything. I think most reading this get it without me going into great detail. Buspar was not helpful. My psychiatrist was reluctant to use benzodiazepiness because of alcohol abuse issues. I am on mood stabilizing medicines, and antidepressants and had been for 7 years before my "life saving". It took me three months to believe the anxiety wouldn't return as a 24/365 nightmare. I didn't know how bad it was until it stopped. "

Anxiety Mood disorder Stan (taken for 10 years or more) September 9, 2014

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have had to be patient for a while with this pill. I was prescribed at 14 for this medicine and sometimes I would still get anxiety attacks at around 15 it started to help including my weekly therapy appointments. Gabapentin used to sometimes make me jittery if I didn't eat before I took them. I also don't like going a day without them. They have helped now after 2 years of taking them and I'm used to them but the beginning side effects really kicked in for me. I don't think I will be able to stop taking them either. I don't know but for now I will continue going to therapy and taking them."

xxFr33d0m_________xx September 7, 2014

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I was put on this this for Diabetic nerve pain. The starting dose was 300mg twice a day. On the starting dose, I found I was slightly moody, had some stomach problems and the nerve pain was just as bad as ever, if not continuing to get worse. My Dr raised the dose to 600 twice a day and I became someone I did not even know. I was extremely moody, angry, difficult to be around. HORRID! It also effected my stomach more. I would eat, even just a small amount and have stomach pain, vomiting and so on. It got so bad I simply stopped eating. I simply lost the desire to eat, despite feeling hungry. Started having trouble with vision and intense headaches as well. There has to be another option. I can't live like this."

Vannii September 6, 2014

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have systemic lupus, and was put on gabapentin for continued pain several weeks ago, despite control of my disease I have not felt this good in 5 years. Can actually sleep through the night, and wake up in no pain! Thank you gabapentin, I now actually feel I have hope to get back to a normal life."

J sandmom49 September 2, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next