User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Cough 1 reviews 734 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 192 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 507 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Gabapentin

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

gabapentin for Fibromyalgia: Gabapentin helps a lot with my fibromyalgia pain, although I find that I have to keep taking higher and higher doses to have the same effect. I also have had some weight gain, which I hate. I don't know which is better, being chubby or feeling better. For now I'm going to say with it.

April 13, 2011 12:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been taking Neurontin 800 mg 4 times a day for several years. I can say it helped me in more ways than one. Been underweight for most of my life, and over the years Neurontin has helped me get an appetite back. Now I am the right weight for my height. Also, after 4 years addicted to Suboxone and Klonopin, I never would have been able to get clean without Neurontin. Overall I feel that Neurontin has saved my life. I haven't attempted suicide since I started on it. But for SEVERE bi-polar like I have, counseling really does help.

April 11, 2011 12:11 PM
Review by shortnsassy: User Rating:

gabapentin for Fibromyalgia: Gabapentin is the best drug I've tried in the last 10 years after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have taken Amitriptyline, Cymbalta and Savella. These drugs have made me tired, depressed and even gave me heart palpitations. I take 1500mg at bedtime along with 100 mg trazodone. When I wake up, I'm alert, have energy and I'm excited about starting my day. Something that I haven't felt in years. No side affects so far. When I first started Gabapentin, I got violently sick...threw up, but after my body got used to it, it's WONDERFUL.

April 10, 2011 3:25 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Fibromyalgia: I give this one a 4 because when I take it I feel the pain but its more like a pressure not pain. I know the pain is there but I can keep moving. But when it starts to wear off, I feel the pain greater.

April 4, 2011 8:39 PM
Review by jeechee: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Anxiety: I have had general anxiety most of my life, and occasional panic attacks. About a month ago, some personal issues tossed me into a week-long panic attack, I fell into a deep depression that made me have horrible physical pain. I started Neurontin 4 days ago and hours later, I was able to get up and move around, the panic attack stopped and I could feel it lifting. I'm still "down' but I have things to be genuinely sad about. Today I am starting trazodone to help with sleep, I don"t get drowsy on Neurontin. But for me, it worked immediately for the massive anxiety with no side effects except a foggy feeling which I no longer have with doses. The myalgia and pain from the depression is also nearly gone. I'm thrilled.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2011 1:13 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Bipolar Disorder: I am currently on 3200 MG a day (was on 2400 a day, but after 5 years started to develop a tolerance). I have been put on it for my bipolar then taken off of it then put back on it for an injury to my neck. After several nightmare drug trials including Geodon, Tegretol, Lithium, Seroquel, and Zyprexa and more... I will never again stray from this medication. The ones in the list that did help caused horrific side effects mostly being a feeling like restless leg syndrome (except with Seroquel it was all over my body), and with Lithium I have never wanted to commit suicide as strongly as I did on the two times I attempted that medication. Neurontin makes me calmer, sometimes giggly I admit, and sometimes zoned out but this is rare.

March 29, 2011 10:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Migraine: I have been on Neurontin for about a year now. I started with 300 mg. a day and now take 400 mg a day. This medicine has given me my life back. I was having 4-6 headaches a month, each lasting 1-4 days. I was taking Zomig 4-6 times a month along with Excedrin Migraine and Fiorinal. Now I only get 1-2 headaches a month and they are very mild. I can usually get rid of them with one dose of Excedrin Migraine or Fiorinal. Side effects are weight gain and some slight brain "fuzziness" but nothing serious. I had previously tried a beta blocker and an antidepressant and the side effects were horrible, plus I still had the headaches. I am very happy with Neurontin.

March 16, 2011 1:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

gabapentin for Hot Flashes: I have a condition in the dysautonomia family called POTS (abbreviated). I sweat huge amounts at night, way worse then hot flashes and also had severe itching. 4 tablets of 300mg helped me considerably.

March 16, 2011 12:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

gabapentin for Trigeminal Neuralgia: This medicine does not help me at all with Trigeminal Neuralgia.

March 14, 2011 12:24 AM

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Migraine: I was using 3600 mg of Neurontin for migraines. I was then taken off it to try to reduce the number of medications I use. But I did notice my 2x a week migraines have now turned into daily migraines. Given that, I am going to ask my doctor to take me off something else and put me back on the Neurontin, so I do think it was helping to some extent.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2011 3:54 PM
Review by gavinty: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Restless Legs Syndrome: Of different medicines I have tried for the Restless Legs Syndrome, this has been the most effective. I was started with 3 pills per day but have been able to reduce the dosage to 1 pill per day. Have been using this drug for over 5 years now.

March 9, 2011 10:58 PM
Review by Irish Rose: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Fibromyalgia: I have severe fibromyalgia along with other undiagnosed conditions that cause me severe pain. Gabapentin helps me make it through the day, I take 600mg 3x daily. I also take Moxi for the inflamation and tylenol for the additional pain. Acai berry supplement also gives me an additional boost of energy. I do notice slurred speech and thoughts are jumbled within a half hour of taking the dosage, but this is only a slight inconvenience.

March 7, 2011 8:16 PM
Review by RobMitch: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Peripheral Neuropathy: I've taken Neurontin for many years now and I know without it I wouldn't be able to walk. I know this because I tried not taking it and after 18 hours I was climbing the walls and I was in horrible pain. I'm not exaggerating either. I've tried Lyrica and it didn't help at all. I'm still in a lot of pain but I know without it the pain would be a lot worse. I do have a few side effects with it, some confusion and loss of words at times, but I'd rather live with the side effects than the pain I'd have without it.

March 5, 2011 10:10 AM
Review by a45: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Pain: This medicine is wonderful, I have been using it for a week along with Zanaflex 1x daily 4mg and the Neurontin 2x daily 300mg. I suffer from nerve damage in my right shoulder, as well as shoulder instability my arm dislocates frequently at least 2 x a month, trust me putting your arm back in the socket will race you to a 10 on the pain scale instantly. I have blacked out from the pain a couple of times. The point is when my arm sub-locates the Neurontin can stop the traumatizing pain very quickly, with only a half of a Norco to assist the pain. It has also allowed me to be more productive at work. It is easier to deal with during day time than Norco constantly. If you have nerve pain from a traumatic injury/accident I highly recommend.

March 4, 2011 3:37 AM
Review by MIZZAMIE: User Rating:

gabapentin for Migraine: I have been suffering from headaches for about 3 yrs now. I started taking gabapentrin, and at first it made me very sleepy, even a bit moody. But now I'm starting to feel a lot better taking them. Another great thing for migraines that will help within 5 minutes is "maxalt". This medicine is great for really bad migraine headaches.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2011 1:17 AM
Review by deedee60: User Rating:

gabapentin for Migraine: I've been taking gabapentin (400mg) for 7 months now. I used to wake up with a headache everyday and have a migraine a few times per month. Since I started taking gabapentin I have not had a migraine and only on rare occasion do I wake up with a headache. Even when I do wake up with a headache, it's gone within an hour. The only side effect I had was drowsiness during the day but, over time, that has gone away.

February 20, 2011 1:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Benign Essential Tremor: I have taken Neurontin for 4 years to treat neuralgia but it's not working.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 19, 2011 6:48 PM
Review by SeekingBalance: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been taking Neurontin at 1800-2100 mg/day after a nightmare trial on Seroquel. It felt like I was jettisoned up out of a deep, dark hole. Everyone comments on how I am myself again, and I agree. It also helps with nerve pain, sleep, and definitely stabilized my moods. I have only gained 3 pounds, and I attribute that more to the fact I am eating again at all (don't eat when cycling). This medicine is easily metabolized and has few drug interactions. I am grateful that my doctor recommended it, as well as the Cleveland Clinic. It has been around since 1998, so I think we are good to go.

February 19, 2011 2:32 PM
Review by mraihl: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Peripheral Neuropathy: I have started Neurontin again, and within a day or two I got some relief from my pain in my feet and legs. I can tell when I miss a dose. It is the only medication that I have tried to take for my neuropathy. However, I was on methadone for years and I did not feel the pain until I was on a low dose of methadone. That's when I started to take the Neurontin again.

February 18, 2011 3:26 PM
Review by Hot on M.D.: User Rating:

gabapentin for Hot Flashes: So glad to hear other women have found relief from hot flashes using this medicine. I thought maybe it was in my head that I was getting some relief. Saw my gynecologist today and she would not prescribe it for me. She was not familiar with this medicine or that it helped hot flashes. Interesting! I found out about the medicine while using it for nerve pain, even my pain doctor was skeptical about it helping with menopause symptoms. The secret is out, there is help out there that is not hormones.

February 18, 2011 12:30 AM
Review by EmilySue: User Rating:

gabapentin for Fibromyalgia: I was prescribed gabapentin at 300mg three times a day. After one week, I'm feeling some relief from my fibromyalgia pain. My upper arms, for example, used to hurt just raising them to brush my hair. That pain is gone. It does still hurt, though, to be pinched in one of the key areas for fibromyalgia pain, like near the elbow. I've only been on the medicine for 10 days and will stick with it to see if in time, all or more of the fibro pain disappears. As to side effects, dizziness and drowsiness are all I've experienced, and those symptoms are annoying but I can live with them as long as the pain is gone. I've come to accept that to get rid of the pain, I'll have to deal with a couple of inconveniences.

February 15, 2011 10:32 AM
Review by steve83: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Pain: I suffer from severe foot pain they have been calling Mortons Neuroma and recently have been diagnosed with "Atypical facial pain caused by %u201CTrigeminal 5th Cranial Nerve". Doctors have been throwing increasing doses of Gabapentin to me for several years. I now take 3) 600mg tablets per day. I can honestly state that this medicine hasn't helped my condition. Despite telling my doctors that...I keep getting more and more.

February 12, 2011 7:17 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Pain: I have a spinal cord injury. I'm 7 years in this year. The only thing I feel below my waist is nerve pain, its really bad in my feet. If it wasn't for the Neurontin and taking Cymbalta together I wouldn't be able to function because of the nerve pain. It does help but for me I cant take the generic gabapentin.

February 4, 2011 12:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Alcohol Withdrawal: This medication is awesome. I have been an alcoholic for 12 yrs. It has been 2 weeks since my last drink. It helps with mood swings, depression, and cravings. The best thing about it is it is not addictive (non narcotic).

January 29, 2011 1:15 AM
Review by A Gulf War Veteran: User Rating:

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Fibromyalgia: Gabapentin/neurontin helped with my fibromyalgia body pain. However, it did nothing for the electric shock like paresthesias or other neuropathic pain in my feet and legs. Lyrica helped with that, but had side effects. Now, I'm on an effective cocktail of drugs: Celexa, 50mg Seroquel at bedtime for sleep, Buspar/buspirone, 400mg Skelaxin for skeletal muscle pain at bedtime, and Mirapex for burning foot neuropathic pain.

January 26, 2011 6:27 PM
Page 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 14 15 ...Next

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here