User Reviews for Gabapentin

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 1 reviews 293 medications

Erythromelalgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperhidrosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lhermitte's Sign 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 193 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pudendal Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Gabapentin reviews 681 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Fibromyalgia: "I have severe fibromyalgia, severe Crohn's Disease and other conditions associated with these. I've taken pain medicines and Lyrica with little help. I was put on 600 mg of Gabapentin and the results were fantastic. Helped my Crohn's and arthritis also. Very happy."

Marebear1002 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2013

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Initially, was prescribed 400mg to take at night. It worked great for two weeks. I slept like a baby. But it stopped working and restless leg symptoms returned so I took double dose (800 mg). So far so good. I wake up refreshed. I used to be such a grouch in the morning for most of my life. I cannot take during day because it makes me sleepy. If I take a nap I take a 400 mg tablet. I love it."

tellevette (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Pain: "I've been on Neurotin for almost 4 months and it has given me relief for chronic pelvic pain. 300mg at night and 100mg mid-day was the initial dose and at present I'm on 300mg at night only. It has made the pain bearable however the side-effects have been lethargy, headaches, aching eyes, and dreaming so vivid it leaves me hung over. I'm hoping this will improve with time. It has helped with the pain."

somewhatrelieved May 18, 2013

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "Awaiting op for a herniated disc, prescribed Gabapentin. Marvellous, no pain, but slight disorientation."

Russpuss May 17, 2013

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Was prescribed gabapentin for neuropathy and off label for restless leg syndrome. I ramped up the dosage over three weeks to 600mg three times daily. It did decrease both sets of symptoms. It also sent me into major depression. When I eased off the medicine (all under doctor's supervision) the depression eased completely. "

MysticCowboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2013

For Fibromyalgia: "Gabapentin has saved my life. I am able to function now. Dealing with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia for the past 20 years has been a challenge, not to mention the pain. I felt like I was a guinea pig, trying all the medicines out there and being allergic to most of them while the others didn't come close to working. But with the gabapentin, I was so tired but after a while that went away. I wanted to up the dosage but my doctor did it very slowly. Even though I am not 100% pain free at this time, I can function and be happy. I will always have this medicine with me so I will never miss a dose."

Lo22 May 8, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain: "I have Meniere's Disease and have had 3 surgeries for it (shunt, VNS (vestibular nerve section), inner ear removal). I have piercing, stabbing pain sporadically throughout the day and constant pain (4-5) most days. It's the cranial nerve X--the vargus nerve that's flaring up or damaged. I've used Demerol (hydrochloride HCL) to control the pain. I asked the pharmacist if there was any way to reach that nerve. He said ask your Dr. about Gabapentin. My Dr. immediately knew what it was and thought we should try it. I've been on it for 3 days and haven't had any stabbing yet. It makes me slightly dizzy/headachy. Hence, I don't like taking it unless my ear is over a 5 in pain. I haven't taken Demerol in the past 3 days."

packbuck (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am 25. I have been taking gabapentin sense I was 17. I must say that I can't live without it. It makes me feel "my normal". Anyway, it calms my nerves - but not like a volume ...it makes me feel really good. I feel like I can do and achieve just about anything! I wouldn't want to be without it. I am prescribed 800 mg gabapentin. I take 1600 mg when I get up in the morning. Gabapentin changed me..personally..for the better. I love my medicine!"

Mellaney (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 1, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "Only started a week ago for sciatic pain and back pain, the pain eased from severe to moderate - but the pain in my feet supposedly from firbomyalgia has all but disappeared. As I also have side effects from most tablets starting slowly, first 5 days 1 x 100mg, now on 2 x 100mg. Feel nauseous, very tired and occasional giddy bout but hoping that this disappears over next couple of weeks. Will try 3 tablets after 2 weeks and see how this goes. Tiredness is my main problem at the moment."

Tilly62 April 29, 2013

For Fibromyalgia: "First time in 15 years I am without pain!"

Anonymous April 28, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine: "I have had chronic almost daily migraines for almost 25 years, have been to many neurologists, had many MRIs, and other tests and have tried many medicines. In last two years, I have had to take Vicodin, because nothing else worked. Well, my doctor prescribed three 100 mg of this pill, and after 1 pill, I woke up to no migraines. I was into a three week migraine. I have had no migraines now for two consecutive days. First time in years and years. This is a miracle pill. I feel a little groggy, like I have had 2 drinks, but I have only been on this for 2 days. I cannot believe the FDA won't allow this pill to be marketed for treatment of chronic migraines. This pill should also help with restless legs syndrome, back pain, and anxiety. Wow!!!"

Helenehrenhofer (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2013

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have been a sporadic alcoholic for years now. This and my bipolar does not help. I was prescribed gabapentin 600mg 3 times a day for my frequent and very painful headaches and I have never felt better. I have no cravings for alcohol and haven't drank for 2 weeks now. I sleep better. I feel positive. I'm happy for the first time In years. More research should be done as it is not a recommended medicine for alcohol withdrawal."

Robbo91 April 24, 2013

For Trigeminal Neuralgia: "I found that Gabapentin & Topamax reduced my Trigeminal Neuralgia pain by far but I couldn't think straight. So I stopped taking them and now I am in daily pain."

Trish /-: (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2013

For Pain: "Generally positive experience"

CRJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 17, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was given gabapentin in addition to my Lamictal. On the two medicines I have developed a little obsessive compulsive disorder. I like having three ink pens to work, like things positioned on shelves in a certain way. After that being said my rapid cycling bipolar is under control. Gabapentin doesn't help joint pain or any other pains I seem to have. I take 400 mg 3x a day. I like it, all the side effects are worth it in my opinion. I have never felt better in my life! I work out everyday just about and eat healthy. The time I started gabapentin I have energy. I have lost 25lbs and have been doing this life change for 6 months. Please try it! And if you are bipolar try the combination. "

Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Gralise (gabapentin) for Fibromyalgia: "After decades on pain meds, they are working less and less. In addition to fibromylgia I have bulging and herniated discs, neuropathy, and (controlled) epilepsy. I have learned to live with constant pain. My Doc suggested Gralise (gabapentin) and said that he felt confident I would see good results. I am AMAZED. I saw immediate improvement in my ability to walk and move around. I am experiencing considerably less pain. I am concerned because my insurance will not cover the brand (which is time released) that I am taking and it is expensive, but I remain optimistic and I will try the 3 times a day dosages. I have not felt this good in many years."

Morgan Comfort April 10, 2013

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "My restless legs syndrome was actually whole body sort of vibrating, and came on very suddenly. 100 mg gabapentin, and I could sleep again! But every month had to add 100mg, got to 1000mg, then tried reducing 100 / month, realized after 2 months that I really needed the 900, not sure if that was withdrawal, but felt like I simply needed that much - so had a really good month. Then suddenly symptoms flared up, and even 1300 only just works. "

rohaninoz April 7, 2013

For Fibromyalgia: "My pain is gone. I consider this a miracle. Before taking this medication I was in so much pain that life was almost unbearable. I was always so tired from little sleep. I sleep normally now and am pain free. I haven't experienced any side effects."

TxLindy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "I have had quite a few severe alcoholic relapses, and Neurontin is wonderful for me for stopping alcohol withdrawal shakes, which seems to tone down the anxiety. It works quickly too for that purpose."

AlcoholicD (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2013

For Anxiety: "I have severe anxiety and have been taking Gabapentin for a week, gradually building up to 3 x 300mg a day. Within an hour of taking it I notice a heady, slightly drunk sensation and feel a little 'high', but this passes and I'm finding my thoughts are more organized, I have more energy and I can get more things done. Because I'm more active during the day, I am sleeping better and longer at night. My heart is no longer continually racing, and my chest pains have diminished. Another good thing is that these tablets do not make you feel desensitized, or like a zombie. All in all I would say these are definitely working for me."

Wenchy68 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2013

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on Neurontin for fibromyalgia pain, and sciatica nerve pain for several months. I can truly say it is a miracle for me. I can hardly get out of bed in the morning, and when I do, I feel like I have been hit by a truck. When I take my Neurontin,(600mg 3 x a day) I feel so much better. I have energy to get things done, and it makes the stiffness I feel in my muscles relax more to ease the pain. I have gained a little weight on this medicine, but when the warmer weather hits, I am going to try and get outside and get some exercise. It helps with my high anxiety levels as well, and my psych doc told me that this is a wonderful medicine for anxiety and depression as well. I consider it my miracle pill."

nina72 March 23, 2013

For Anxiety: "I just started this medication yesterday. I am taking it for anxiety, insomnia, neuropathy .I was relying heavily on benzodiazapines to curb extreme, constant anxiety accompanied by constant low- level pain. It's been 24 hours and so far it's like a miracle. I don't feel the need for Klonopin or ibuprofen. If it stays like this, I'll be very happy."

lindsay.valentina March 21, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been on it for two days now and it has helped me already. This medicine is great. I do feel a little fogging but I hope that will go away after I am used to it. I am taking 600mg 3 times a day."

wickedweasle March 17, 2013

For Migraine: "I started having having headaches everyday then boom migraine. I was on Topamax they kept upping it. I would wake up with a headache go to bed with one. Then I had a horrible migraine lasted 6 weeks, so they added gabapentin I currently take 1600 mg and 200 mg Topamax but the gabapentin saved me. I do experience side effects like word issues or mood.. but without it I couldn't go to the store even with sun glasses without throwing up. I had to leave my job of ten yrs. I am disabled and I have the side effects but I can go outside now and the pain is manageable. "

scarlet1234&67 March 16, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder: "After 31 years of being treated for depression with a panic disorder, and constantly complaining that the diagnosis was wrong, I found a doctor that figured it out. She diagnosed me with Cyclothymia (a form of bipolar disorder). She took me off of SSRI's and started me on Gabapentin. WOW. I feel like a normal person (I think). I'm calm. So far no panic attacks. The fog has lifted. I feel like I'm actually in the room. It's too bad that it took 31 years of my life for the medical community to figure it out, but better late than never."

MustangDave March 14, 2013

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 14 15 ...Next