User Reviews for Dulera

Asthma, Maintenance 9 reviews 111 medications

5.6
Summary of Dulera reviews 20 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Dulera

For Asthma "Dulera works for my asthma but it seems to be causing some weight gain."

Ritabeard June 5, 2015

For Asthma "I have been using this for almost 3 years. Better control of symptoms- I can usually use 1puff 2x a day except when I get a bug then I need the prescribed 2 -2x a day. However last 2-3weeks I have a very medicine tasting phlegm/exhaled air. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 16, 2015

For Asthma "I developed severe calf and back thigh cramps at night after the first use. The allergist said that only about 3% of users develop leg cramps, but I don't see this mentioned at all in the side effects."

Celtie (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2014

For Asthma "Dulera works great and I have noticed it has improved my breathing by 100%. It seems to work better than my rescue inhaler. Down side of it is that I have gotten infections in the tonsils and sinusitis. Also I've been having blood clots in my mucus and when I cough I phlegm I notice it's a dark brown reddish color. Frequent migraines and insomnia some nights. Feeling of unconsciousness when laying down."

Darius Washington October 5, 2014

For Asthma "I only use Dulera once a day and only one puff, but I do this every single day usually just before I go to bed. On occasion I will need a second puff during the day after I wake up. I occasionally get the pain in the side and lower back but it does not last long. I have many of the side effects but I had them long before I started using Dulera. The pain is a new one though."

Hipshot September 7, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been an asthmatic for most of my life (I am now 38 yrs old) and have tried many medications. Before I lost my insurance I was on singulair and claritin and still struggling. Several times I woke up gasping for air. So when I was able to get insurance again I requested to try something else since I was hesitant to say the least in taking singulair again. My Dr. suggested I try Dulera and Flonase. Since starting these medications I have not needed my albuterol inhaler once and its been about a month. I went from using my inhaler sometimes several times a day to not at all. My mom has osteoporosis (excuse the spelling) and that concerns me for my own health but my breathing is ultimately more important."

Buphie March 12, 2014

For Asthma "I have numerous health problems, and I normally can't say many good things about medications. But, Dulera has seriously changed my life. It has worked better than any other medication, or combination of medications I have taken. I was and still am completely shocked on how well it has worked for me. I am no longer short of breath, tight in the chest, and can actually laugh without getting light headed or short of breath."

Halece February 23, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "My 17 year old asthmatic son previously was on advair hfa inhaler and using his albuterol inhaler 3x week. He had a blood test come back indicating he was uncontrolled. He just took his second dose of 2 puffs of the sample Dulera the immunologist gave him and walked out the door mentioning a bad taste in his mouth. Half way down the street from our home (while he was driving) he suddenly could not breathe!!! Thank God he is ok but, is badly shaken. Writing this review to advise everyone be at home with a family member/friend when you begin taking Dulera...we could have had a real tragedy a d I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Needless to say we will be discontinuing and calling doctor first thing Monday morning."

RNMemphisMom November 3, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am my second day and just took my evening dose, I seriously thought I was dying. The second the medicine hit my lungs I could not breath. It took all I could do to find my rescue inhaler. This was just now the most frightening experience I have ever had with an RX.... I am still shaking as I type this. Beware, I read this as a side affect.... (Rare)....just make sure you have your rescue inhaler close to you. Done with this RX!"

Chris- DFW (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2013

For Asthma "Dulera works pretty well, do not need to use my rescue inhaler as often, but the one main downside is that it continuously causes me to have sinuitis which then causes a migraine. I have always had bad problems with my sinuses, so am definately reconsidering continuing using this product."

anonymous704 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "Have been on this for 6 weeks, and have to discontinue due to severe insomnia, heart pounding and chest pain. Very effectively reduced my need for albuterol (went from using it daily down to once or twice a week) but the side effects are bad."

SKV July 13, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been asthmatic for the past 5 years. During the last 6 months or so my asthma has really gotten out of control, to the point where I was borderline abusing my rescue, inhaler, a average of 6 times per day. I recently started working out again and within 20 minutes of light to moderate power walking on the treadmill I would have to rush back to the car overwhelmed with wheezing, a tight sensation in my chest, my head pounding, struggling to take a breath, gasping for air. I finally had enough and decided to be proactive and see a allergist! He checked my vital signs and realized that a had lingering wheeze and gave me a sample of Dulera, two puffs daily. This is a miracle! "

ikrystaleforever June 18, 2013

For Asthma "I've used this twice now and it has been great! Much better than similar inhalers. I had pneumonia that was not resolving and this was prescribed, within two days I had dramatic improvement. 2nd time I had sudden asthmatic flare and was crashing not resolving well same thing within 2 days dramatic improvement. Downside it makes me very shaky for a short duration maybe up to 2 hours. Seems to increase the appetite slightly. Also a slightly foggy headed feel but fades soon. Mind you this is in conjunction with oral steroids so some effects might be less if the others were removed. I would gladly use this again for a serious asthma flare that was not resolving."

Kathy5881 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was just prescribed Dulera today and noticed that my lungs felt slightly better immediately however it has been only 2 hours since I used the inhaler and my hands are shaking like I have low blood sugar. "

Angela Smith April 29, 2013

"My 10 year old son took Dulera for asthma. In the 8 weeks that he took it he dropped from 62lbs to 56lbs. He was tired all of the time to the point that he had to lay down often. He is usually active all of the time."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Asthma "No asthma systems since using this medicine."

Anonymous February 21, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "Doctor had me try this instead of just increasing the dosage of Asmanex I was taking. Dulera is a combination of Asmanex with something else, and that added component did NOT do well with me. "

Anonymous January 26, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've had respiratory problems since birth (I am now 25 years old) and have always used Albuterol to control any flare-ups I've had. As I've gotten older, my allergies have gotten worse and so has my asthma. I was using Asmanex until I caught RSV and bronchitis. Even with Albuterol and Asmanex, my lung function dropped to 70%, and I ended up at the ER 3 times. Dulera has made the world of a difference - I'm no longer short of breath, coughing non-stop, or feel like I've got pressure on my chest. I feel like my quality of life is back to "normal". The only drawback is the cost-- my insurance won't cover it."

Anonymous January 19, 2012

For Asthma "Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth all day. Mints do not help."

Anonymous November 7, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "After 6 weeks of taking Dulera, I find the relief effect wears down towards the 10th and eleventh hour. My dosage is 2 puffs morning, 1 puff evening. I'm 78 years old, and an asthmatic for 76 of those years. Compared to Symbicort, Dulera "wears off" (as above) slightly faster. Each is a good maintenance medication."

Dick 7 September 30, 2011

For Asthma "Nice dose counter"

Red Vixen, Ph.D. July 12, 2011