User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Veramyst

Learn more about Fluticasone.

Nasal Polyps 4 reviews 5 medications

8.2
Summary of Fluticasone reviews 43 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Fluticasone

Review by Halfdolite (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Veramyst is more effective and has less side effects than anything else I've ever tried for allergic rhinitis.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Minigunn3:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Works for me! I spent a full year with horrible headaches, ear pain, fullness, ringing. I told the doctor my face hurt, my head hurt, my NOSE hurt! I finally ended up with a sinus infection, antibiotics, and it all went away for a while, but when it came back, I went back to the doctor and told her my infection was back....she said no, I think you have allergies. Claritin, Flonase, give it a month and see if you feel better...and I did! I added saline nasal spray and a humidifier to keep nasal tissue moist, and I'm down to 2-3 headaches a week at high pollen season, ears mostly behave themselves. Inside my nose will get sore and dry if I forget the saline, but otherwise no side effects. Thanks Flonase!

June 4, 2014 5:48 PM

Review by Kiryn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rhinitis: As far as I can tell, I am allergic to every particle in the air. My nose is itchy and sniffly 24/7 regardless of season or location, with stronger attacks seemingly at random. When I get a cold, my nose closes entirely and I spend a week being completely miserable. I've never felt any noticeable improvement from antihistamines, and those can't generally be taken long-term anyway. I've had doctors suggest regular nasal irrigation to rinse out the particles, but that only ever made me more sniffly. Got a prescription for Fluticasone a few months ago, and it was like magic. I could breathe more easily almost immediately, and it only got better from there. No side effects at all. I finally felt how I think normal people must feel.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Zumbazumbahey:

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Heart arrhythmia - insomnia. I have taken this medicine intermittently over past two years, and realize a direct correlation with heart arrhythmia and insomnia.

January 18, 2014 1:40 AM

Review by Abe the amazing (taken for less than 1 month):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Love this product. Produces such astonishing relief and am very grateful to have been prescribed Flonase by my ENT.

December 15, 2013 1:52 AM

Review by Kimily:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: I take Allegra for allergies, but was still having side effects. Flonase was added to my regime, and now I have no more runny, itchy nose, itchy ears and eyes, or sneezing.

August 20, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by Relief!:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: It works so well that it doesn't seem real. I only use it occasionally as needed. This morning I woke up and could not breathe through my nose at all. I tried blowing my nose, but with no result (it wasn't nasal congestion, it was swollen nasal passages). I used Flonase and within an hour I could breathe normally again. I know it doesn't always work that quickly for people and I'm surprised that it did for me, but it really is an awesome product.

July 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Review by Kristyrae21:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: I have awful allergies and have since I was a kid. At 30 years old I finally couldn't take it anymore, and gave in and started taking medicine. I take a prescription strength Claritin, and use Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate. I really like it because it takes effect immediately. I actually like the smell of it. It cracks me up because it is for allergies, yet smells like flowers. I noticed it works best if you blow your nose first and use it first thing in the morning. I did experience a mild nose bleed about a week into using it, but haven't had one since and I have been using it 4 months now.

July 23, 2013 1:05 PM

Review by Suzy K.:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: I have been on Flonase off and on, but mostly on, for almost 20 years. It works wonders for my allergies, no side effects, and best of all no pills.

May 15, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by always stuffy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Have used Flonase for the last year - I used to have to take decongestant that still left me stuffy and Flonase alone is the best! I would be so stuffy at night couldn't breath through my nose and this works! Love it.

April 9, 2013 9:49 AM

Review by JillF:

For Rhinitis: I gave it a 5 out of 10 based just on my experience. For two months- it worked beautifully! I felt so much better. Then I ended up with severe dizziness, increased thirst and urination, diarrhea, weakness, aches and pains. Also muscle spasms around the eyes and I believe higher blood pressure though I can't corroborate exactly. All symptoms have gone away since quitting. The one that's lingered the longest has been the increased thirst and urination. Apparently- this medication can raise blood glucose levels in blood and urine triggering diabetes. Fortunately, its been a little over a week since I stopped medication and those symptoms are getting better now too. (one day I counted-- I had to go to the bathroom 13 x's in a 12 hour period)

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2013 9:53 AM

Review by spudman2 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: Nasal polyps were better after 1 month of use.

March 25, 2013 10:26 AM

Review by ksharp (taken for less than 1 month):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: I have been using this for 5 days now for Sinusitis, which I developed after a pretty significant bout with the flu. Because of prior condition in my sinuses in 2008 and inability to take the necessary antibiotic to resolve the condition, my sinuses were VERY FULL after this flu. I had severe pain in and behind my nose, under and above my eyes, etc. My ears felt like they would explode too. But, after these 5 days on Flonase and an antibiotic to treat the Sinusitis, I feel much better. I am, however, simultaneously taking supplements which aid in reducing inflammation and have altered my diet to dramatically reduce inflammatory-induced health problems. I believe lifestyle changes are the BETTER long-term solution, as steroids are NOT healthy.

January 21, 2013 3:02 AM

Review by timbobby (taken for 10 years or more):

For Rhinitis: This has been a life-saver for me. It allows me to breathe through my nose like a normal human. If I stop using it for a week, my nasal passages feel like they swell shut and I can't breathe through my nose. I am absolutely miserable when I run out of fluticasone.

December 27, 2012 1:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Cleared up my stuffy nose within hours. Highly recommend.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 11, 2012 8:44 PM

Review by Eugenieb (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For : I have had a reaction to this medicine. It caused severe vertigo/migraine which required an emergency room visit. The vertigo continued for several months. When I stopped the spray, it slowly dissipated. When I started up the spray, the vertigo returned.

July 10, 2012 11:04 AM

Review by jhungness (taken for less than 1 month):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: It works great, but blurred my vision.

June 29, 2012 1:47 PM

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: I have been using this product twice a day for several weeks. Other than a small amount of blood in nasal secretions, there have been no noticeable side effects. I have experienced decreased nasal congestion and improved breathing.

January 11, 2012 10:47 AM

Flonase (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: This is the best medicine for me. I've used every pill on the market. When my allergies get severe I use Flonase. Works every time. No side effects that I've noticed. Highly recommend.

January 8, 2012 1:42 PM

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Flonase is the best! I suffered from horrible night-time congestion. This medicine is a miracle. No more waking up all night unable to breathe with a horrible headache and feeling like a zombie for half the day! No side effects at all for me. Only downside is the expense without insurance. Wish they had a cheap generic version.

December 6, 2011 6:37 PM

Flonase (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: Works wonderfully. Takes a few days to kick in and leaves an unpleasant feeling in the throat though. The latter can easily be dealt with by using it just before eating. Surprised to see this is a prescription medicine though. It's over the counter in my home country and in other countries I've visited. Same goes for many similar nasal sprays.

October 24, 2011 5:47 PM

Review by elisabethrose:

For Rhinitis: In the past three months, I have been suffering from some major congestion during the nighttime, so much that I couldn't sleep well and had started snoring. Doctor prescribed the generic fluticasone and Allegra-D. I've had extremely good results from this, allowing me to breathe fully during the night. I've been taking the medications for about 3.5 weeks. However, I started to have some minor nosebleeds in the last week, and today have had four nosebleeds. I'm planning on stopping the fluticanase.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2011 1:19 AM

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: Did not work for me. I didn't experience a stuffy nose caused by mucous after I started using it, but my nasal passages always felt swollen, dry and painful.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2011 12:46 AM

Review by brinn1269:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: Flonase has greatly improved my life! My nasal allergies were terrible, even with taking an Allegra every day. I had to carry Kleenex with me everywhere. Mornings were the worst - I would sit with my coffee in one hand and a tissue in the other. It was miserable. After becoming tired of feeling awful every day, I paid a visit to the allergist, who prescribed Flonase. Within a week I was feeling 100% better. No more itchy, runny nose. No more post nasal drip. I used to get a constant tickle in my throat, which I never believed was caused by post nasal drip, but evidently it was, because that is also gone! I love this.

August 14, 2011 2:12 PM

Review by Eddie in Ottawa:

For Hay Fever: I used to suffer from hay fever and allergies for years, especially bad in spring and fall. I used many different pills and nose sprays and none worked well. Doctor prescribed Flonase several years ago. It has worked wonderfully well for me with no side effects that I am aware of. When I tried to stop I notice nasal congestion returning gradually. For me, this has been a life-enhancing medicine and have recommended many friends who have similar problems to try.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate