User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Ticanase, Veramyst

Learn more about Fluticasone.

Nasal Polyps 6 reviews 4 medications

7.9
Allergic Rhinitis 35 reviews 871 medications

7.5
Rhinitis 52 reviews 129 medications

Summary of Fluticasone reviews 93 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Fluticasone

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It works fine, but I still have some discomfort in my eyes and after 10 days of taking it I have develop a constant contraction in my right eye. I will stop using this product and use it occasionally."

Matiela May 3, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have severe seasonal allergies to pollen. I'd be on Claritin, and still sneezing every few minutes constantly, very congested. And my eyes would itch so badly, I'd always be tearing up or blinking continuously. Adding this provided major relief from the respiratory symptoms."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Made my symptoms worse - so much for 24 hour relief."

Bambi1211 April 8, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Worked great for keeping nasal passages open for about two months and then I developed a hacking cough, sore throat, and a headache. Haven't had a headache in years. Looked up side effects and decided to stop using it."

JanCarol (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: "I tried several different nasal sprays, all of them did nothing but worsen my problem. Eventually I discovered the Flonase nasal spray in 2015 and in the first use it worked for me in my best remembering."

Mahad dheere (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I used veramyst daily for 5 years straight with no side effects due to severe allergies, a few days after I started using it allergies gone... I couldn't be happier.. Unfortunately my insurance stopped covering the medication which is pricey without and the generic did not help me at all.. so now I'm back to pills and still an allergy sufferer .. :("

Misha72 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I had a stuffy nose for 2 wks, tried afrin & over the counter meds and nothing worked. I used to take rx flonase about 10 yrs ago every allergy season so I figured it couldnt hurt to try. It took about 3 days and now my nose is almost completely cleared up. Before taking this I had sinus pain/pressure, a horrible smell when I blew my nose, constant runny nose, watery eyes. Most times I couldnt even blow anything out it was so clogged. Flonase works."

CherylM16 March 3, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "As a life long seasonal allergy sufferer, I search for something that won't put me to sleep won't cause side effects with other medications I can afford For most of my life I've taken plain old Sudafed with an aspirin from mid February, when the early bulbs start to bloom until after Thanksgiving when pollen finally is gone. Last year my daughter, who has similar symptoms, tried Flonase with great success. For me, the "Hottest Year Ever-2015" was also my worse ever year with allergies, I have all the symptoms from watery eyes, runny nose, coughing, sneezing etc etc etc. I've been using it for 4 days, starting with 2 times a day then once a day and my symptoms seem to be going away!"

PlantCrone (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I got sick earlier this week with the flu, which triggered a sinus infection and bronchitis. My doctor prescribed OTC Flonase for the symptom of sinus congestion. I began taking Flonase, two squirts a day in each nostril, on Tuesday. While I was in the midst of the illness, with fever, body aches, and severe congestion and coughing, I did not think there was a problem with the fact that I could not taste or smell. It is the fifth day, however, and while my sense of taste has come back about 40%, my sense of smell has not come back at all. I became curious and looked up "Flonase and sense of smell" on the internet. Apparently, people are reporting loss of sense of smell when using this product. I hope mine comes back."

TuolumneDame5 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "The product may work beautify, but I will never know as the smell is one of my allergies and I can not overcome my instinctive avoidance long enough to get the desired relief"

year round allergy suffer (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I have really bad allergies that are pretty much year round now! I was taking Claritin D for months before I found Flonase! I took both for about 2 days and then no longer needed the Claritin! It was REALLY worth the money! Everything started clearing up within 24 hours...its been 5 days now and all my symptoms are gone!! Don't listen to the haters! This medicine is AMAZING! I told my dad about it, because he has allergies like me. He started it yesterday and I got a text from him today thanking me for telling him about it! He said he can already breathe again!"

JoDawn (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Since childhood I've had intense seasonal allergies. They get so bad that my throat itches terribly, my nose runs profusely then it clogs up completely. Worst of all is how bad my eyes get red and tear up and itch and hurt all the time. It's a nightmare allergy wise living in south Texas because of the cedar pollen. I did some research and saw that Flonase is a type of cortical steroid so I bought some. Kenalog40 shots have always been my savior but since I lost my insurance I'm stuck with OTC. Tried Flonase as per the instructions. Within days every allergy symptom but my itchy red and runny eyes went away. I waited two weeks but no relief for my eyes. After doubling the dosage my eyes cleared up and now I'm allergy free. Flonase rocks!"

JeffroDoe (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I took this ONCE. I could not sleep all night - I went to bed at 10 and was up until 4 am. Every time I closed my eyes, I entered a lucid dream and started talking and woke myself up. It was so strange. The next day, I tried to nap and the same thing happened. Eventually, it went away. And I never took Flonase again."

SarahBee22 January 22, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Takes few days and then it helps with congestion and stuffiness short term. I do not stay on it past 1-2 weeks due to side effects, prone to infection, dizziness, etc. Overall a good med for me."

aparent January 22, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "My doctor put me on this because my nose gets stuffy when I lay down and they didn't want me using Afrin. I've been on Flonase almost a week and I notice no difference. Sprayed each nostril every night....nose still stuffy. I can't sleep and it's going on 3am and I have to be up at 7. Nothing clears my nose as good as Afrin but it's bad for continuous use. So this stuff doesn't work."

TJP10987 January 19, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Umm never again. One squirt - 5 mins later my vision was blurry, my heart was racing, my arms and legs felt like jello and 30 mins later I was having body aches all over the place like I had the flu. Will NOT be taking this medication ever again"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Flonase works as advertised. It especially stops the itching which is wonderful. The trouble is that it is not ergonomic. The container is too long. I am a female so I have small hands which makes it very hard to hold. It needs to be an inch shorter."

Sagebrush (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2015

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Best nasal spray on the market. Veramyst has changed my life. Not sure how I survived this long without it. I am 42 and for most of my life I have always had a stuffy nose. Thanks to this medication I feel like life has just begun for me."

qrst October 29, 2015

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been using for about 2 weeks now and can finally breathe through my nose again. I have not been able to breathe properly on one side for several months. Within 2-3 days I was breathing clearly again. Great medicine!! No side effects at all."

Eddie62369 (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2015

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I am a 68 yr old woman and I used this medication for almost 2 weeks. I will never take this medication again. It relieved my seasonal allergies great (runny/stuffy nose and extremely watery eyes) but the side effects were not pleasant and absolutely not worth going through. I experienced; very bad muscular back pain close to my spine, had muscle aches that were all over the place, my hair and body became very very oily, and I had itching on my torso, face and back of head but no rash. The back pain was next to unbearable. All the symptoms have pretty much subsided after 4 days off of it. Never again for me."

lattydah October 27, 2015

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "It seemed to work well but I got diarrhea on the second day of using it"

kymg45 October 20, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Worked great for 6 months I used it for allergies. However, five days after I stopped using it I started to experience headaches and ringing in my ears for two solid weeks. Now its week three and those symptoms are slowly going away while I have to take ibuprofen everyday to alleviate side effects. Also, my lower number on my blood pressure went up a full 10 points while I was on. Went to doctor about 20 days after coming off and my blood pressure as dropped back down about 7-8 points."

Sunshine State (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2015

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Amazing! Works so well!"

FORTHRLOVEINEEDANAME September 29, 2015

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I would rate this a 0 if it was an option. Biggest waste of money. It says 60 doses, but yet you have to spray it twice before every use to have a steady mist. That being said, you only get about 30 doses if your lucky. I have always used a afrin and I will continue to use it."

Tylerrobertsfl (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Wasted my money did nothing for me"

Dean Horst (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2015