User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Veramyst

Learn more about Fluticasone.

Hay Fever 14 reviews 889 medications

8.7
Rhinitis 34 reviews 128 medications

8.1
Nasal Polyps 5 reviews 5 medications

Summary of Fluticasone reviews 53 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Fluticasone

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: It worked but made my nose bleed so I went back to Nasacort.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by Rizash (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Not very effective. Helps but only to a limited extent.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 8:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: I'm 16 as of right now but when I was prescribed it 5 years ago my whole life had changed. People actually wanted to be around me cause I wasn't constantly sniffing and snorting. My sinuses were as clear as the sunny sky. Life was so much better.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 5:04 AM

Review by Matt E:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: Terrible joint pain after 4 days.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 10:33 PM

Review by CandiCollins:

For Nasal Polyps: For the last few years my allergies/sinuses have become really bad, due to the forced dry heating system where I live. I started taking Loratadine 10mg which helped some with congestion but it just wasn't enough. I ended up getting nasal polyps that made my nose bleed, obstructed my smell and sense of taste, caused difficulty in draining of my sinuses, and made it hard to breath in through my nose, so I started using Flonase. I am only on day 6 and the feeling of my skull bursting slowly went away, I can breathe easier and smell again, it already started to shrink the polyps and the nose bleeding stopped, feeling much better.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2015 2:36 PM

Review by Acrman1:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Great product have been using it on and off for 10 years. Was a smoker while using this product and it would open up sinus great . Now I'm a no smoker and use for allergies. Glad to see its now over the counter . Happy happy happy!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2015 12:54 PM

Review by rod815 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Awesome! For years I suffered sinus headaches, which are much like Migraines. Flonase has alleviated that tremendously. I don't take this all the time just when I sense allergy season, or plan to be somewhere, where there is a atmospheric change like the mountains or in an airplane. It keeps my sinuses from swelling, causing the headache, it's not an instant fix, it takes about 11 hours to be effective on me.

February 19, 2015 1:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: After enduring years of itchy, runny nose and numerous daily sneezing episodes I got relief from Flonase. Very pleased with product.

February 17, 2015 11:44 AM

Review by didimus:

For Rhinitis: I have a very bad post nasal drip. I just started Fluticasone yesterday and I am feeling so much better already!! Its really a very good product.

February 16, 2015 10:58 PM

Review by Jacjon (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rhinitis: I've been using the spray for several weeks for sinusitis. I tend to get pressure behind my eyes. The pressure and other symptoms have eased with the spray, but just the last few days I've been getting pain behind my eyes, which is getting worse by the day. Analgesia/Ibuprofen and Sudafed don't seem to be making any difference. I think I may have to stop taking the spray.

January 28, 2015 4:16 AM

Review by Halfdolite (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Veramyst is more effective and has less side effects than anything else I've ever tried for allergic rhinitis.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Minigunn3:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Works for me! I spent a full year with horrible headaches, ear pain, fullness, ringing. I told the doctor my face hurt, my head hurt, my NOSE hurt! I finally ended up with a sinus infection, antibiotics, and it all went away for a while, but when it came back, I went back to the doctor and told her my infection was back....she said no, I think you have allergies. Claritin, Flonase, give it a month and see if you feel better...and I did! I added saline nasal spray and a humidifier to keep nasal tissue moist, and I'm down to 2-3 headaches a week at high pollen season, ears mostly behave themselves. Inside my nose will get sore and dry if I forget the saline, but otherwise no side effects. Thanks Flonase!

June 4, 2014 5:48 PM

Review by Kiryn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rhinitis: As far as I can tell, I am allergic to every particle in the air. My nose is itchy and sniffly 24/7 regardless of season or location, with stronger attacks seemingly at random. When I get a cold, my nose closes entirely and I spend a week being completely miserable. I've never felt any noticeable improvement from antihistamines, and those can't generally be taken long-term anyway. I've had doctors suggest regular nasal irrigation to rinse out the particles, but that only ever made me more sniffly. Got a prescription for Fluticasone a few months ago, and it was like magic. I could breathe more easily almost immediately, and it only got better from there. No side effects at all. I finally felt how I think normal people must feel.

April 4, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Zumbazumbahey:

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Heart arrhythmia - insomnia. I have taken this medicine intermittently over past two years, and realize a direct correlation with heart arrhythmia and insomnia.

January 18, 2014 1:40 AM

Review by Abe the amazing (taken for less than 1 month):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Love this product. Produces such astonishing relief and am very grateful to have been prescribed Flonase by my ENT.

December 15, 2013 1:52 AM

Review by Kimily:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: I take Allegra for allergies, but was still having side effects. Flonase was added to my regime, and now I have no more runny, itchy nose, itchy ears and eyes, or sneezing.

August 20, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by Relief!:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: It works so well that it doesn't seem real. I only use it occasionally as needed. This morning I woke up and could not breathe through my nose at all. I tried blowing my nose, but with no result (it wasn't nasal congestion, it was swollen nasal passages). I used Flonase and within an hour I could breathe normally again. I know it doesn't always work that quickly for people and I'm surprised that it did for me, but it really is an awesome product.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Review by Kristyrae21:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Hay Fever: I have awful allergies and have since I was a kid. At 30 years old I finally couldn't take it anymore, and gave in and started taking medicine. I take a prescription strength Claritin, and use Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate. I really like it because it takes effect immediately. I actually like the smell of it. It cracks me up because it is for allergies, yet smells like flowers. I noticed it works best if you blow your nose first and use it first thing in the morning. I did experience a mild nose bleed about a week into using it, but haven't had one since and I have been using it 4 months now.

July 23, 2013 1:05 PM

Review by Suzy K.:

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: I have been on Flonase off and on, but mostly on, for almost 20 years. It works wonders for my allergies, no side effects, and best of all no pills.

May 15, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by always stuffy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Have used Flonase for the last year - I used to have to take decongestant that still left me stuffy and Flonase alone is the best! I would be so stuffy at night couldn't breath through my nose and this works! Love it.

April 9, 2013 9:49 AM

Review by JillF:

For Rhinitis: I gave it a 5 out of 10 based just on my experience. For two months- it worked beautifully! I felt so much better. Then I ended up with severe dizziness, increased thirst and urination, diarrhea, weakness, aches and pains. Also muscle spasms around the eyes and I believe higher blood pressure though I can't corroborate exactly. All symptoms have gone away since quitting. The one that's lingered the longest has been the increased thirst and urination. Apparently- this medication can raise blood glucose levels in blood and urine triggering diabetes. Fortunately, its been a little over a week since I stopped medication and those symptoms are getting better now too. (one day I counted-- I had to go to the bathroom 13 x's in a 12 hour period)

April 4, 2013 9:53 AM

Review by spudman2 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: Nasal polyps were better after 1 month of use.

March 25, 2013 10:26 AM

Review by ksharp (taken for less than 1 month):

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: I have been using this for 5 days now for Sinusitis, which I developed after a pretty significant bout with the flu. Because of prior condition in my sinuses in 2008 and inability to take the necessary antibiotic to resolve the condition, my sinuses were VERY FULL after this flu. I had severe pain in and behind my nose, under and above my eyes, etc. My ears felt like they would explode too. But, after these 5 days on Flonase and an antibiotic to treat the Sinusitis, I feel much better. I am, however, simultaneously taking supplements which aid in reducing inflammation and have altered my diet to dramatically reduce inflammatory-induced health problems. I believe lifestyle changes are the BETTER long-term solution, as steroids are NOT healthy.

January 21, 2013 3:02 AM

Review by timbobby (taken for 10 years or more):

For Rhinitis: This has been a life-saver for me. It allows me to breathe through my nose like a normal human. If I stop using it for a week, my nasal passages feel like they swell shut and I can't breathe through my nose. I am absolutely miserable when I run out of fluticasone.

December 27, 2012 1:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: Cleared up my stuffy nose within hours. Highly recommend.

December 11, 2012 8:44 PM