User Reviews for Flurazepam

Also known as: Dalmane

Learn more about Flurazepam.

Insomnia 11 reviews 98 medications

9.2
Summary of Flurazepam reviews 11 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Flurazepam

Review by EGxactly:

For Insomnia: For me nothing put me to sleep and I had like 10 different things given, Dalmane worked and it keeps working, I have heard of the long term effects and well I tend to add melatonin lozenge with the approval of my Doctor and it keeps working, no side effects, no grogginess no bitter taste, tried going to lorazepam and that gave me palpitations, and every now and then when it builds up.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 9:45 AM

Review by energized:

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: I have only been on Dalmane for a few days, actually only have needed to take it like three times (not in a row) because it is so powerful that Im actually tired in the morning, but a good kind of tired.... Restoril I would wake up between 3-4am wide awake like I slept for 15 hours when it had only been 4 hours! I like the fact that I do not need to take it everyday which is an added benefit for me! and I agree with the previous posts, it does give me a calmer effect in the mornings. I actually SLEEP throughout the whole night, and I do not have a "blackout" effect that I have with other sleep rx's where I do not remember what happened during the night if I did anything.... not my thing!!! I had no idea it was an old medication.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2013 10:01 AM

Review by ssrtum:

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: Dalmane is a good medicine for insomnia because it works quickly and lasts a long time. Due to its long half life, it also gives anxiety relief for the next day. I also notice I can go to bed easier the next night without taking another dose. It does leave a metallic taste in the mouth and can build a tolerance but as long as you are careful, it can give restorative sleep. Also, because it is so old, this medicine is cheap for those of us paying with cash. I wouldn't recommend it long-term because of the consequences involved with long-term benzodiazepine use, but this is a sleeping pill that current manufacturers can't match.

July 29, 2013 3:34 AM

For Insomnia: They tried everything in the book. I had a major motorcycle accident and had insomina ever since. Ambien worked for awhile. Then stopped. Was on Valium for years. Then I went a stretch of 3 months no sleep. Doc trying everything. Finally Dalmane. It works like dream. Due to my TBI I believe the insomina is worsening.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2012 4:39 AM

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: With all benzodiazepines you tend to build a tolerance which is why it is only recommended for short term insomnia treatment or to be taken as needed. I do have to say that when used as needed this medicine hit me like a mac truck and I would sleep 8 hours plus. My anxiety and insomnia both much improved. No hallucinations or late night grazing like with those so called "non-addictive" "non-narcotic" sleep aids. Word of advice. Make sure you take if you can sleep for at least 8 hours and set multiple alarms.

December 31, 2011 1:01 AM

For Insomnia: This medication works well for improved sleep but experience bitter taste and blurred vision the following day. Have taken this medication for approximately for 5 months.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2011 5:49 PM

Review by "Roger":

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: I'm a 30 year old male. I suffer from idiopathic, primary insomnia. Before Dalmane, I was a wreck. I could maybe seek out 2 or 3 hours of restless sleep per night. Awful. My doctor had had me on everything from Klonopin to Valium, and ALL the tricyclic antidepressants. We even tried some older drugs like Miltown, and Seconal. I've tried 30 prescription sleep aids over the years. Lunesta worked quite well, but only at 12mg, four times the recommended dose! Needless to say, that would break the bank. Then we tried Dalmane. I have been taking 30mg to 60mg, an hour before bedtime for the last 5 years (combined recently) with 22.5mg of Remeron. I sleep 8-9 hours every night, without fail! Any hangover is minor and actually gives me a welcome sense of calm. It's CHEAP, too!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2010 2:09 PM

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: I had a hysterectomy and was suffering from no sleep at all. My doctor gave me Ambien and it did work for the first few nights then sleepless nights returned. A few days ago he gave me Dalmane and I couldn't be happier. I am sleeping all night now. However, I do have a slight headache in the morning.

April 14, 2010 10:36 PM

Review by rhollusstar:

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: This medication helped me sleep a full night. It works about the same as Restoril, but maybe with a little more morning hang-over.

October 5, 2009 11:02 PM

Review by ruf:

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: I had chronic insomnia and the Doctor tried Ambien, Lunesta, and some other hypnotic which the name escapes me right now. Those drugs (for me anyway) are worthless. I would get up in morning and find a mess in kitchen, (I live alone) and no memory of fixing food. Furthermore, began having terrible dreams/nightmares. So Doctor tried me on Dalmane, he said it has been on market for many years. It worked great. No 'hangover'. Slept 6 hours straight for first time in months.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2009 11:14 AM

Review by Cenobiteshan:

For Insomnia: This drug is pretty long lasting. It lasts longer than most. Is effective for insomnia but I found it left an odd taste in my mouth, bitter and unpleasant.

May 13, 2009 7:56 PM