User Reviews for Flurazepam

Also known as: Dalmane

Learn more about Flurazepam.

Insomnia 16 reviews 105 medications

9.1
Summary of Flurazepam reviews 16 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Flurazepam

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "I have taken Dalmane 15 mg. since I had breast cancer in 2008. Worked great getting to sleep and staying asleep. I continued using it since I had several surgeries in the past years. This year I wanted to stop taking it. I didn't know after 4-5 weeks you are hooked on them, they are that addictive.It took me almost 3 months to ween myself off them with my doctors help. Dropping the dose and using Benadryl on that night until I wasn't using them anymore. I would try another med. if I never they were do had to stop."

basell May 17, 2015

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "I have taken Dalmane 15 mg. since I had breast cancer in 2008.Worked great getting to sleep and staying asleep. I continued using it since I had several surgeries in the past years. This year I wanted to stop taking it. I didn't know after 4-5 weeks you are tooked on them, they are that addictive.It took me almost 3 months to ween myself off them with my doctors help. Dropping a night use every two weeks and using Benadryl on that night until I wasn't using them anymore. I would try another med. if I never they were do had to stop."

basell May 17, 2015

For Insomnia: "Ok for sleep, not super deep. Experienced repeated moderate depression afternoon following day several times. Bad enough that I stopped. Also next day drowsiness at times."

ehmwww11 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

For Insomnia: "Everything others report here is true. Flurazepam is infinitely better than any of the "equivalents" my doctors made me try due to worries about "half life," etc. But I've been taking Flurazepam since the days when it was Dalmane, and it is a life-saver. No hangover or loss of alertness next day. A sure sleep the following night -- what my wife and I call the "dead cat bounce" -- and no side effects. I almost never take it two nights in a row so as to avoid tolerance buildup, but with the dead cat bounce one doesn't really need to. This is an old-fashioned medication that is still ahead of its time."

Sleepless in Seattle January 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "Chronic insomnia for years, had gotten really bad about a year ago so my doc made me try Flurazepam which I must say is by far the best benzodiazepine out there, at least in my experience with about every one of them that is used for sleep. From day two I slept like a baby and it reset my sleep cycle after the 10 day cure on my first time taking it. (Day one was 15mg and didn't do much for me but every other day was 30mg and worked wonders) My sleep was deep and quite refreshing and nothing made me anxious during the entirety of the time it was in my system. Only reasons I cannot give it a 10 is that it is very addictive (and stays for a long time in your system) and that my second cure didn't work so well...(didn't put me to sleep at all)."

Thedarkrose (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2014

For Insomnia: "For me nothing put me to sleep and I had like 10 different things given, Dalmane worked and it keeps working, I have heard of the long term effects and well I tend to add melatonin lozenge with the approval of my Doctor and it keeps working, no side effects, no grogginess no bitter taste, tried going to lorazepam and that gave me palpitations, and every now and then when it builds up."

EGxactly January 23, 2014

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "I have only been on Dalmane for a few days, actually only have needed to take it like three times (not in a row) because it is so powerful that Im actually tired in the morning, but a good kind of tired.... Restoril I would wake up between 3-4am wide awake like I slept for 15 hours when it had only been 4 hours! I like the fact that I do not need to take it everyday which is an added benefit for me! and I agree with the previous posts, it does give me a calmer effect in the mornings. I actually SLEEP throughout the whole night, and I do not have a "blackout" effect that I have with other sleep rx's where I do not remember what happened during the night if I did anything.... not my thing!!! I had no idea it was an old medication."

energized November 4, 2013

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "Dalmane is a good medicine for insomnia because it works quickly and lasts a long time. Due to its long half life, it also gives anxiety relief for the next day. I also notice I can go to bed easier the next night without taking another dose. It does leave a metallic taste in the mouth and can build a tolerance but as long as you are careful, it can give restorative sleep. Also, because it is so old, this medicine is cheap for those of us paying with cash. I wouldn't recommend it long-term because of the consequences involved with long-term benzodiazepine use, but this is a sleeping pill that current manufacturers can't match."

ssrtum July 29, 2013

For Insomnia: "They tried everything in the book. I had a major motorcycle accident and had insomina ever since. Ambien worked for awhile. Then stopped. Was on Valium for years. Then I went a stretch of 3 months no sleep. Doc trying everything. Finally Dalmane. It works like dream. Due to my TBI I believe the insomina is worsening."

Anonymous March 13, 2012

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "With all benzodiazepines you tend to build a tolerance which is why it is only recommended for short term insomnia treatment or to be taken as needed. I do have to say that when used as needed this medicine hit me like a mac truck and I would sleep 8 hours plus. My anxiety and insomnia both much improved. No hallucinations or late night grazing like with those so called "non-addictive" "non-narcotic" sleep aids. Word of advice. Make sure you take if you can sleep for at least 8 hours and set multiple alarms."

Anonymous December 31, 2011

For Insomnia: "This medication works well for improved sleep but experience bitter taste and blurred vision the following day. Have taken this medication for approximately for 5 months."

Anonymous December 1, 2011

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "I'm a 30 year old male. I suffer from idiopathic, primary insomnia. Before Dalmane, I was a wreck. I could maybe seek out 2 or 3 hours of restless sleep per night. Awful. My doctor had had me on everything from Klonopin to Valium, and ALL the tricyclic antidepressants. We even tried some older drugs like Miltown, and Seconal. I've tried 30 prescription sleep aids over the years. Lunesta worked quite well, but only at 12mg, four times the recommended dose! Needless to say, that would break the bank. Then we tried Dalmane. I have been taking 30mg to 60mg, an hour before bedtime for the last 5 years (combined recently) with 22.5mg of Remeron. I sleep 8-9 hours every night, without fail! Any hangover is minor and actually gives me a welcome sense of calm. It's CHEAP, too!"

"Roger" April 18, 2010

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "I had a hysterectomy and was suffering from no sleep at all. My doctor gave me Ambien and it did work for the first few nights then sleepless nights returned. A few days ago he gave me Dalmane and I couldn't be happier. I am sleeping all night now. However, I do have a slight headache in the morning."

Anonymous April 14, 2010

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "This medication helped me sleep a full night. It works about the same as Restoril, but maybe with a little more morning hang-over."

rhollusstar October 5, 2009

Dalmane (flurazepam) for Insomnia: "I had chronic insomnia and the Doctor tried Ambien, Lunesta, and some other hypnotic which the name escapes me right now. Those drugs (for me anyway) are worthless. I would get up in morning and find a mess in kitchen, (I live alone) and no memory of fixing food. Furthermore, began having terrible dreams/nightmares. So Doctor tried me on Dalmane, he said it has been on market for many years. It worked great. No 'hangover'. Slept 6 hours straight for first time in months."

ruf May 16, 2009

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This drug is pretty long lasting. It lasts longer than most. Is effective for insomnia but I found it left an odd taste in my mouth, bitter and unpleasant."

Cenobiteshan May 13, 2009