User Reviews for Prozac

Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 399 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Prozac

For Anxiety and Stress "I am extremely sensitive to medications, even over the counter herbal supplements, I can't take them. I had a lot going on in my life and started having anxiety attacks. I started taking 5mg of Prozac (cutting 10mg tablets in half). I noticed a change almost immediately. I feel much more relaxed, happy, I don't dwell on things that I might have in the past, I let things roll off my back more easily, and no more anxiety attacks. I'm more outgoing (I have somewhat of an introverted personality), I'm more patient and enjoy getting out and doing things more. I was afraid of gaining weight so I put off trying an antidepressant for a long time. Its been a month and a half and I've never felt better in my life."

So Grateful (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2013

190 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started Prozac 20 mg 11 days ago, the first week I was feeling very anxious, dry mouth, numbness in my face, but that was only the first week! Now I feel so much better I can say on the 9 day I started to feel more focus, my fears went away, and today is my 11 day and I feel good just great, thanks to God and Prozac."

EuniceAboites August 5, 2013

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "One of the few anti-depressants I can tolerate. Most cause major sleep disorders, But with Prozac I don't have a problem. Not really sure if it helps much with panic attacks, I've tried 20mg and 40mg, sometime 40 mg seems to be a bit much."

Sambaluk August 1, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I was on Lexapro which made me suicidal and started Prozac 20 mg. It was easy to wean off the Lexapro. After taking my pill in the morning I immediately felt severe drowsiness, heavy eyelids and tiredness. I started during my holiday and took a nap every afternoon. But once back to work the tiredness was unbearable. Especially in the afternoon, I could hardly keep my eyes open and have never drank so much Espresso and energy drinks. The Espressos did not even bring me to shaking whatsoever nor relieved my drowsiness. After 2 weeks and 2 days I quit but side effects lasted for at least a week. I must say it lifted my depression."

Bodhisatva (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking Prozac about 2 & 1/2 years ago after having a horrible bout of dry mouth with Celexa. Did some research and asked the doctor for Prozac. I felt much the same as I did on the Celexa without the side effects. No weight gain but no loss either. As one of the other reviewers stated I felt "neutral" (neither happy or sad). It did help with anxiety and stress but after about a year and a half I once again developed severe dry mouth. I started taking my 20 mg dose every other day to reduce the side effects but ended up with swelling of my face and tongue. I am no longer taking this but would still recommend trying it. Thought I would do ok without medication but will be making an appointment tomorrow to get something new."

amf66 July 8, 2013

For Depression "I really like this medicine it's only been about 3 weeks and I'm feeling good, but for the last 2 weeks I have had a bloody nose everyday. So I have decided to stop taking it as of today and ask my doctor for a different prescription"

Railer (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Did not work for my anxiety and made it difficult to maintain an erection."

Tamakachi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2013

For Depression "Has worked very well for me but seems to be less effective than it was in the beginning. I have been taking for about 5 years."

Prinkey July 2, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "They bumped me up from 20mg to 40mg. I have strong depression and anxiety. But this is a great medicine for anxiety. I do not think I will need Klonopin anymore."

cws176 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I've been taking Prozac 20MG for 3 weeks now. It has changed my life. I take other meds (Xanax 1MG, Depakote 1000MG, Norco 10/325MG, Nexium 40MG) For other problems. Well I take the Xanax 4 times a day as needed to help with my anxiety and panic disorder. My Panic attacks were so bad I was hospitalized for a week. I couldn't function. I suffered unknown seizures because of panic disorder. Now I can Go about my Life. The only problem I have with Prozac is that it makes me go to the bathroom very often. The first few days it made me sleepy but that went away. I'm 16. It also helps depression too, its helped mine a lot. I would recommend this to anyone who suffers from severe anxiety like me."

chandlaaz (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I am starting my 3rd week on Prozac, 20 mg daily. I feel like a new person and am so grateful. I agonized over this choice for weeks, but after 6 months of unbearable anxiety and sadness, then skyrocketing blood pressure, I knew I had to do something. I visited my GP - we did the physical, blood tests, etc. to rule out other factors. It turns out empty nest beginning menopause have done a number on me. The medicine made me feel nauseous, sleepy, like being on cold medicine. On the 10th day, my appetite returned! I don't notice side effects at all anymore. The sadness - 97% gone. The anxiety - 75% gone. I also start visits with a therapist in 2 weeks. Again, I'm grateful to get my life back."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2013

175 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bulimia "So I've been on 20mg Fluoxetine for three Weeks, and I never thought I'd ever go a day without binging again/purging. I feel happier, my relationship is so much better. I can go to family BBQs and focus on them and not the plentiful food. Some cons are: delayed or nonexistent orgasm, low libido, yawning. How I look at it is I was much to depressed, hating myself, and bloated from bulimia to want to have sex anyway! At least now I feel much better in my own skin, and I'm so rarely bloated, when before I couldn't remember the last time I wasn't bloated. I was insecure in EVERY situation and in all clothing. I suffered for a long time,and to see how much relief I've gotten from just 20Mg of this tiny pill is a miracle."

junko May 18, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Started on 10mg while seeing a mental health professional (counselor) simultaneously. Medicine kicked in at about 3 weeks of treatment and got better when MD increased the dosage to 20 mg 6 weeks into treatment. It's been a consistent once daily oral capsule 20 mg for the past 3 1/2 months. Mood has lifted. Wakes up with clear thoughts. Lessened racing negative thoughts. Reduced anticipation of negative events and occurrences. Obsessive compulsive rituals reduced. Answer the phone with more ease and less concerned about making mistakes in front of people. Anxiety greatly reduced, lessened depressive thoughts. Definitely helps you to look forward to life. It works better to see counselor at same time so you can track progress."

Brookewong May 14, 2013

194 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "The pill works but it make me dizzy and so sleepy."

paries (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2013

For Depression "I have been taking Prozac for a little over a year. I started out taking 20mgs then, switched to 40mgs 2 months after I starting taking it. It helped me with the feelings of worthlessness, feeling like a failure and my thoughts of taking myself out of the pain. I finally saw a mental health Dr who diagnosed me with severe depression and increased my dosage to 60 mgs a day. I feel much better and the little things don't send me over the edge like they used to. I do have side effects such as dry mouth, always tired, increased/decreased appetite and recently diagnosed with lichenoid dermatitis. My Dermatologist is encouraging my dr to change my psych meds. I am unsure on that; the Prozac has helped me to want to live."

Gretchen (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "After trying several SSRI's and suffering horrible side effects, I was scared to try another. After doing a bit of research, I came across liquid Prozac and asked my Dr. about it. I have been on it for a week at 3mg and already feel better. I am slowly moving up to 5mg, but as of now, 3mg is working out just fine. My anxiety has lessened and I can focus and concentrate without my mind running wild."

The Ween (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2013

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started on liquid Prozac due to severe medicine sensitivities. This has been a lifesaver. I am currently on 2.5 mg and feel so much better. My doctor would like me to get to 5mg, I will, but it will be slowly. There is no one size fits all as far as dosage goes. If you're sensitive to medicines, think about liquid Prozac. Easier to control dosages, minimal side effects. Wonderful!"

Ween (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I started on liquid Prozac for anxiety and depression, so I could take a small amount due to drug sensitivities. I took it for two months. It did take a bit of the edge off my anxiety and helped with some of the aching from depression. I had to stop taking it because it gave me stomach trouble that got worse each time I took it. I probably would have continued longer if I hadn't had the stomach side effects."

JayhawkJourney (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2013

For Depression "I gave birth to my 3rd child 8 months ago. I am not the person I used to be. Everything upsets me. I either cry all day or am mad at the world. I can't focus or concentrate on anything. I don't want to do anything and I finally gave up and went to the doctor for help yesterday. He put me on Prozac 20 mg/once a day. Today is my 2nd day. I'm praying that this helps because I can't live like this anymore."

sadnewmom (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "Works pretty well"

Hi Bye April 14, 2013

For Depression "I started taken Prozac 20mg a day for nearly 6 years! I stopped taking them 7 months ago as I thought I didn't need them anymore, since I've stopped taking them I've become really agrophobic, really depressed, can't stop crying, I've just shut my self away. I'm thinking off starting Prozac again."

chloe25 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 11, 2013

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "It has changed my life and my marriage. Thank you."

waltrer (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was suffering from extreme anxiety and panic disorders, the smallest things would lead to a full blown attack, I couldn't sleep, eat or care for my young son. It was crippling. My doctor first prescribed Ativan and something with and something else, but I began feeling like a a zombie and was sick. I couldn't wake up. I stopped taking the medicine after a few days and returned to the doctor worse off than before. He then prescribed the Prozac and I noticed difference within two days. The anxiety was less severe and completely gone within 6-7 weeks. Side effects were drowsiness for the few weeks. I have been on Prozac now for 7 months and we are going to begin weening off of it in the next month or two. It was a lifesaver in my eyes!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2013

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Was on Prozac for 6 weeks and it made me gain weight and feel numb and apathetic about every aspect of my life. I stopped caring about my work performance, stopped wanting to see friends, had low energy yet trouble falling asleep, and had no sex drive whatsoever. The side effects were more depressing than my life was before."

musykolli March 26, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "There was less side effects for me on Prozac in comparison to some of the other anti-depressants I have been on, which was great. I can't recall any side effects. I take Prozac it in the morning as it has a long half life and it seems to work better for me that way."

natasha23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2013