User Reviews for Prozac

Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 385 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "I have been taking Prozac for a little over a year. I started out taking 20mgs then, switched to 40mgs 2 months after I starting taking it. It helped me with the feelings of worthlessness, feeling like a failure and my thoughts of taking myself out of the pain. I finally saw a mental health Dr who diagnosed me with severe depression and increased my dosage to 60 mgs a day. I feel much better and the little things don't send me over the edge like they used to. I do have side effects such as dry mouth, always tired, increased/decreased appetite and recently diagnosed with lichenoid dermatitis. My Dermatologist is encouraging my dr to change my psych meds. I am unsure on that; the Prozac has helped me to want to live."

Gretchen (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "After trying several SSRI's and suffering horrible side effects, I was scared to try another. After doing a bit of research, I came across liquid Prozac and asked my Dr. about it. I have been on it for a week at 3mg and already feel better. I am slowly moving up to 5mg, but as of now, 3mg is working out just fine. My anxiety has lessened and I can focus and concentrate without my mind running wild."

The Ween (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started on liquid Prozac due to severe medicine sensitivities. This has been a lifesaver. I am currently on 2.5 mg and feel so much better. My doctor would like me to get to 5mg, I will, but it will be slowly. There is no one size fits all as far as dosage goes. If you're sensitive to medicines, think about liquid Prozac. Easier to control dosages, minimal side effects. Wonderful!"

Ween (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I started on liquid Prozac for anxiety and depression, so I could take a small amount due to drug sensitivities. I took it for two months. It did take a bit of the edge off my anxiety and helped with some of the aching from depression. I had to stop taking it because it gave me stomach trouble that got worse each time I took it. I probably would have continued longer if I hadn't had the stomach side effects."

JayhawkJourney (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2013

For Depression "I gave birth to my 3rd child 8 months ago. I am not the person I used to be. Everything upsets me. I either cry all day or am mad at the world. I can't focus or concentrate on anything. I don't want to do anything and I finally gave up and went to the doctor for help yesterday. He put me on Prozac 20 mg/once a day. Today is my 2nd day. I'm praying that this helps because I can't live like this anymore."

sadnewmom (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Works pretty well"

Hi Bye April 14, 2013

For Depression "I started taken Prozac 20mg a day for nearly 6 years! I stopped taking them 7 months ago as I thought I didn't need them anymore, since I've stopped taking them I've become really agrophobic, really depressed, can't stop crying, I've just shut my self away. I'm thinking off starting Prozac again."

chloe25 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 11, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "It has changed my life and my marriage. Thank you."

waltrer (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was suffering from extreme anxiety and panic disorders, the smallest things would lead to a full blown attack, I couldn't sleep, eat or care for my young son. It was crippling. My doctor first prescribed Ativan and something with and something else, but I began feeling like a a zombie and was sick. I couldn't wake up. I stopped taking the medicine after a few days and returned to the doctor worse off than before. He then prescribed the Prozac and I noticed difference within two days. The anxiety was less severe and completely gone within 6-7 weeks. Side effects were drowsiness for the few weeks. I have been on Prozac now for 7 months and we are going to begin weening off of it in the next month or two. It was a lifesaver in my eyes!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2013

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Was on Prozac for 6 weeks and it made me gain weight and feel numb and apathetic about every aspect of my life. I stopped caring about my work performance, stopped wanting to see friends, had low energy yet trouble falling asleep, and had no sex drive whatsoever. The side effects were more depressing than my life was before."

musykolli March 26, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "There was less side effects for me on Prozac in comparison to some of the other anti-depressants I have been on, which was great. I can't recall any side effects. I take Prozac it in the morning as it has a long half life and it seems to work better for me that way."

natasha23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I got severe depression in College, had it in high school as well and took some antidepressant that started with an L (I really can't remember). I started taking Prozac my 2nd year in college after my girlfriend broke up with me. It helped tremendously overcome the loneliness. The only problem I've ever had with it is my REM sleep. I didn't take my pill for 2 days over spring break this past week and had the worst panic attack I've ever had in my life I thought I wanted to die, it was the worst car ride I have ever experienced. As soon as I took my Prozac everything was better. I trust this."

Livinglife420 March 23, 2013

For Depression "I started taking Prozac two years ago, and I thought it wasn't doing anything for me. So I cut cold turkey (which I do not advise because you could become very suicidal) and I did not take it for 6 months. Just about a week ago I started taking it again, and I have to say I feel so much better. I realized Prozac was working for me because I wasn't having intense feelings anymore when small things upset me. I was able to cope with them more. And now when I look back on when I was taking it years prior to my cut off. I remembered I did better than when I wasn't taking. I'm really pleased on this medication and I'm glad I take it. Yes I still get upset but I do not go from being a 1 to a 10. Remember its not a magic pill. It is only to help."

mariecalifornia92 March 4, 2013

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I used fluoxetine specifically to tackle depression and social anxiety. Within DAYS my anxiety had left relieving my depression. I used to take it everyday to handle social situations in High School. Now I take it before social events and distressing and anxiety provoking situations. It helped me a lot."

Paige Lynn March 3, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Body Dysmorphic Disorder "I have had social anxiety, body dysmorphic disorder, anorexia, generalized anxiety disorder, depression, and obsessive compulsive disorder. You name it, I have had it. Since taking Prozac two months ago, my mood has improved, my thoughts are clearer, I am more motivated about life, like it actually means something. I have no more racing negative thoughts, I am positive, confident, and enjoying life again! Mild side effects include dry mouth, drowsiness, wanting to sleep more, and mild sexual dysfunction."

CatMeow March 3, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Taking Prozac for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder is a miracle! But when I hit forty it really got worse.. especially at period time, my thoughts were so messed up, I would think things that I knew wasn't normal and cry because of the most ridiculous reasons or just non- stop crying for no reason. Irritated beyond expression and like my body was on speed. But all out of my control, I could not get in control of my moods or thoughts. So last year at my Gyno appointment I mentioned this bizarre experience I would have prior to my periods! She explains PDD and prescribed Prozac. I take mine 14 days prior and every other day or every third day because it makes me feel draggy! Just depends how it affects me that month. I take it before I go to bed. Works great! New life!"

Danephew (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I am going through menopause, I have been crying most days for about a year, I have constant obsessive negative thoughts about myself. I went to the doctor to request HRT. She talked me into Prozac. I was diagnosed with low depression, mid range anxiety and high stress. I have only been taking this for 6 days, but already my life has changed. The tears have stopped, I am no longer obsessing about things that might or might not happen, My confidence is back, I am reaching out more socially, and feel once again that life is good. I do however eat well and exercise regularly, I don't think any thing can counteract a poor diet and no exercise. Hot flashes have also almost disappeared. So far no side effects."

menopausal (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2013

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have nothing but positive thoughts about my experience with Prozac. I have used it on and off for the last 17 years with great effectiveness. I have been able to go off of it for periods with little problem. It does have some side effects, but they are minimal and acceptable to me and worth. I take 20mg in the morning and that is it. It has most likely saved my life and I thank Eli Lilly. I do always take brand and not generic. I believe there is a difference. "

Golf Junky (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2013

For Depression "I am 16 and am on 20 mg of Prozac. I have SEVERE depression. I might up the dosage a bit but I love it. Miracle. It definitely suppresses it. If you are scared just talk to your counselor about it. Trust me, I know what it is like. Prozac has made life so much easier to enjoy."

The New Kid (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Anxiety and stress relieved 100%, would recommend"

Trixy70 February 16, 2013

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I got on Prozac 10 mg when I was sixteen after I tried to commit suicide. It worked wonders just within a week or so. I sat in my backyard in my bikini, wore tanning oil in the blazing sun, and painted clothes pins for my mom. I felt EXTREMELY lifted from my old self. I was HAPPY. I stopped taking it a few weeks later because I thought I was cured from my depression... stupid of me. I am now 22 and I have recently started taking Prozac 10 again. I am not really sure if I feel the effect yet but I do notice myself zoning out every once in a while. I hope I will feel wonderful again like the 16 year old I once was."

Nataliee! February 6, 2013

For Depression "I am 25 year old PhD student. I have been taking Prozac for 5 weeks now. It started affecting me on the 3rd week. I felt so much more active and I had hope for living. I am working more efficiently and my sleep schedule is perfect. I am gaining some weight which means I should also start exercising. I still have vivid dreams and wake up several times during the night but I don't mind it because my life has changed so much and I feel so happy after years of depression."

Zizi Vazizi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I had a good start in life. A single mom, an older brother, a State job, a girl, a quiet house in my hometown. I almost lost it all due to alcohol. I could write a book of how to use alcohol to flirt with prison, the grim reaper and insanity. I started drinking when I was 16 and I am 40 now. I never really stopped drinking that entire time. I then started taking Prozac 30 mg a day. I am now Alcohol free for a year and have no desire to drink at all. It helped me amazingly but I was also finally ready to quit drinking. "

T.F. (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2013

For Depression "After being diagnosed with anxiety and depression Prozac is the first antidepressant I was prescribed. It took a while to kick in my body and then I had to even up the dose after a month or so. After faithfully taking it everyday I noticed I started to stutter a lot. I've never in my life had a speech problem. It got so bad that I had to stop taking it although it did make me feel better every day. Hoping to try something else!"

Nnggktrm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "After reading all the reviews I decided to try Prozac. I am extremely sensitive to medications and have been on many different antidepressants, usually stopping due to side effects. My Dr. gave me the liquid Prozac so I could take a tiny amount and work my way up. Initially loss of appetite, nausea, slight dizziness, tiredness, weight loss. I am 8 weeks out and most side effects have improved. I feel so much better. Anxiety is low to nonexistent, clear thinking, hope has returned. Still dealing with grief from my mother's death but I feel better equipped to handle it. That is a miracle! I take 2mg, yes 2mg, and when I go higher I can't tolerate the side effects. "

mystic214 January 9, 2013