User Reviews for Prozac

Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 375 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "There was less side effects for me on Prozac in comparison to some of the other anti-depressants I have been on, which was great. I can't recall any side effects. I take Prozac it in the morning as it has a long half life and it seems to work better for me that way."

natasha23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I got severe depression in College, had it in high school as well and took some antidepressant that started with an L (I really can't remember). I started taking Prozac my 2nd year in college after my girlfriend broke up with me. It helped tremendously overcome the loneliness. The only problem I've ever had with it is my REM sleep. I didn't take my pill for 2 days over spring break this past week and had the worst panic attack I've ever had in my life I thought I wanted to die, it was the worst car ride I have ever experienced. As soon as I took my Prozac everything was better. I trust this."

Livinglife420 March 23, 2013

For Depression "I started taking Prozac two years ago, and I thought it wasn't doing anything for me. So I cut cold turkey (which I do not advise because you could become very suicidal) and I did not take it for 6 months. Just about a week ago I started taking it again, and I have to say I feel so much better. I realized Prozac was working for me because I wasn't having intense feelings anymore when small things upset me. I was able to cope with them more. And now when I look back on when I was taking it years prior to my cut off. I remembered I did better than when I wasn't taking. I'm really pleased on this medication and I'm glad I take it. Yes I still get upset but I do not go from being a 1 to a 10. Remember its not a magic pill. It is only to help."

mariecalifornia92 March 4, 2013

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I used fluoxetine specifically to tackle depression and social anxiety. Within DAYS my anxiety had left relieving my depression. I used to take it everyday to handle social situations in High School. Now I take it before social events and distressing and anxiety provoking situations. It helped me a lot."

Paige Lynn March 3, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Body Dysmorphic Disorder "I have had social anxiety, body dysmorphic disorder, anorexia, generalized anxiety disorder, depression, and obsessive compulsive disorder. You name it, I have had it. Since taking Prozac two months ago, my mood has improved, my thoughts are clearer, I am more motivated about life, like it actually means something. I have no more racing negative thoughts, I am positive, confident, and enjoying life again! Mild side effects include dry mouth, drowsiness, wanting to sleep more, and mild sexual dysfunction."

CatMeow March 3, 2013

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Taking Prozac for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder is a miracle! But when I hit forty it really got worse.. especially at period time, my thoughts were so messed up, I would think things that I knew wasn't normal and cry because of the most ridiculous reasons or just non- stop crying for no reason. Irritated beyond expression and like my body was on speed. But all out of my control, I could not get in control of my moods or thoughts. So last year at my Gyno appointment I mentioned this bizarre experience I would have prior to my periods! She explains PDD and prescribed Prozac. I take mine 14 days prior and every other day or every third day because it makes me feel draggy! Just depends how it affects me that month. I take it before I go to bed. Works great! New life!"

Danephew (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I am going through menopause, I have been crying most days for about a year, I have constant obsessive negative thoughts about myself. I went to the doctor to request HRT. She talked me into Prozac. I was diagnosed with low depression, mid range anxiety and high stress. I have only been taking this for 6 days, but already my life has changed. The tears have stopped, I am no longer obsessing about things that might or might not happen, My confidence is back, I am reaching out more socially, and feel once again that life is good. I do however eat well and exercise regularly, I don't think any thing can counteract a poor diet and no exercise. Hot flashes have also almost disappeared. So far no side effects."

menopausal (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2013

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have nothing but positive thoughts about my experience with Prozac. I have used it on and off for the last 17 years with great effectiveness. I have been able to go off of it for periods with little problem. It does have some side effects, but they are minimal and acceptable to me and worth. I take 20mg in the morning and that is it. It has most likely saved my life and I thank Eli Lilly. I do always take brand and not generic. I believe there is a difference. "

Golf Junky (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2013

For Depression "I am 16 and am on 20 mg of Prozac. I have SEVERE depression. I might up the dosage a bit but I love it. Miracle. It definitely suppresses it. If you are scared just talk to your counselor about it. Trust me, I know what it is like. Prozac has made life so much easier to enjoy."

The New Kid (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "Anxiety and stress relieved 100%, would recommend"

Trixy70 February 16, 2013

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I got on Prozac 10 mg when I was sixteen after I tried to commit suicide. It worked wonders just within a week or so. I sat in my backyard in my bikini, wore tanning oil in the blazing sun, and painted clothes pins for my mom. I felt EXTREMELY lifted from my old self. I was HAPPY. I stopped taking it a few weeks later because I thought I was cured from my depression... stupid of me. I am now 22 and I have recently started taking Prozac 10 again. I am not really sure if I feel the effect yet but I do notice myself zoning out every once in a while. I hope I will feel wonderful again like the 16 year old I once was."

Nataliee! February 6, 2013

For Depression "I am 25 year old PhD student. I have been taking Prozac for 5 weeks now. It started affecting me on the 3rd week. I felt so much more active and I had hope for living. I am working more efficiently and my sleep schedule is perfect. I am gaining some weight which means I should also start exercising. I still have vivid dreams and wake up several times during the night but I don't mind it because my life has changed so much and I feel so happy after years of depression."

Zizi Vazizi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I had a good start in life. A single mom, an older brother, a State job, a girl, a quiet house in my hometown. I almost lost it all due to alcohol. I could write a book of how to use alcohol to flirt with prison, the grim reaper and insanity. I started drinking when I was 16 and I am 40 now. I never really stopped drinking that entire time. I then started taking Prozac 30 mg a day. I am now Alcohol free for a year and have no desire to drink at all. It helped me amazingly but I was also finally ready to quit drinking. "

T.F. (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "After being diagnosed with anxiety and depression Prozac is the first antidepressant I was prescribed. It took a while to kick in my body and then I had to even up the dose after a month or so. After faithfully taking it everyday I noticed I started to stutter a lot. I've never in my life had a speech problem. It got so bad that I had to stop taking it although it did make me feel better every day. Hoping to try something else!"

Nnggktrm (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "After reading all the reviews I decided to try Prozac. I am extremely sensitive to medications and have been on many different antidepressants, usually stopping due to side effects. My Dr. gave me the liquid Prozac so I could take a tiny amount and work my way up. Initially loss of appetite, nausea, slight dizziness, tiredness, weight loss. I am 8 weeks out and most side effects have improved. I feel so much better. Anxiety is low to nonexistent, clear thinking, hope has returned. Still dealing with grief from my mother's death but I feel better equipped to handle it. That is a miracle! I take 2mg, yes 2mg, and when I go higher I can't tolerate the side effects. "

mystic214 January 9, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Started taking Lexapro about a year ago. Made me so tired I couldn't function. Felt like a zombie, would sleep for 2-3 hours every afternoon (not normal for me)...then started having "breakthrough" anxiety attacks. I also suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder. Doctor switched me to 20 mg Prozac and life became better. My OCD became manageable, anxiety attacks became almost obsolete. I decided I didn't need it anymore so I stopped taking it. I am now going through a divorce and custody battle (unrelated issues) and my anxiety attacks are very bad. I have resumed taking Prozac in hopes of better days. Day 4 now and have only had 1 attack. Fingers crossed."

AnotherDay2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This medicine has been a life saver for me. It is the only antidepressant that has worked. I lost weight on it (which I needed to), feel less stressed, can handle stress, thoughts are not obsessive anymore, I laugh more and interact more with friends. I don't feel scared everyday. If you are thinking of taking it, give it at least 4-6 weeks to kick it. It's worth it."

gabby9 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2013

184 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been taking Prozac for 9 months and have constantly had to experience the tiredness it causes and lack of motivation. I have now supplemented it with 150 mg of Wellbutrin and notice a huge difference. I am more alert, energetic, can concentrate and want to get out of the house instead of lying around. I can still feel the Serotonin effects of Prozac, so its the best of both worlds."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2012

For Anxiety and Stress "Diagnosed with major depression and anxiety. Been on Prozac for all of 6 days and it's already changed me in a lot of ways. Some good, some bad, pretty jarring altogether. Morning after 1st use had severely suicidal thoughts. Instant loss of appetite and libido. Been an over eater most of my life. However, today was the first day in 6 days that I put food in my mouth. Zero libido all of a sudden, which I thought was great at first. Want to stick with it but really afraid about my libido."

Male, age 20 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2012

For Depression "Very Very good. Helps a ton with energy, motivation, and joy. I was depressed for 4 years and this was just a miracle for me. Highly recommend it. Also, helps you last longer in bed"

jsecrest22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2012

For Depression "I started Prozac a year ago for severe anxiety and depression. I now feel like a whole different person. Only thing I'm wondering is if I gained weight from it. I am now 40 lbs heavier than last year, but I started a different birth control at the same time, so that could be it as well."

guitarheroine91 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2012

For Anxiety and Stress "Prozac along with other SSRI's do not mix well with my body. I have a loss of appetite, no sex drive, nauseating effects, and a "mild mood" (loss of my true personality). "

chuckfinley (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2012

For Depression "I loved the effects this had on me, however my kids said it made me crazy and mean. I first began taking it to regulate my sleep pattern when I had a third (overnight) shift job. Several years later I went back on it for depression while trying to raise 3 kids on my own. It helped me to lose weight but It made me very moody. Some 13 years later I returned to it but got no symptoms relief. Just weight loss, again."

PurpleBondGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2012

For Depression "Many people say that they gained weight on this medication. I actually lost weight. I lost 11 pounds in a little over a month that I've been on it. I have few side effects. The only thing I can complain about is that it makes me very sleepy, but it takes away the depression, so I'm grateful."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2012

For Depression "I asked to be put on Prozac because Wellbutrin had soared to 90 dollars per month. It is not helping my depression and I went back on a lower daily dose of Wellbutrin and 40Mg Prozac at night. Worst side effect is fatigue and arm tremor, and bloating...best effect is: I am a food addict with constant, unnerving, repetitive thoughts of food. Prozac has taken those thoughts away. I am able to eat when hungry and stop when full. This has been a big relief because the thoughts were troubling/repetitive nagging in my head. But despite eating less and beginning to walk daily, the scale is not moving and my face and gut feel very bloated. I am tempted to taper off Prozac to see the scale move, but don't want thoughts to return."

lunibinz (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2012