User Reviews for Prozac

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 370 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

Review by Danephew (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Taking Prozac for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder is a miracle! But when I hit forty it really got worse.. especially at period time, my thoughts were so messed up, I would think things that I knew wasn't normal and cry because of the most ridiculous reasons or just non- stop crying for no reason. Irritated beyond expression and like my body was on speed. But all out of my control, I could not get in control of my moods or thoughts. So last year at my Gyno appointment I mentioned this bizarre experience I would have prior to my periods! She explains PDD and prescribed Prozac. I take mine 14 days prior and every other day or every third day because it makes me feel draggy! Just depends how it affects me that month. I take it before I go to bed. Works great! New life!

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2013 8:16 PM

Review by menopausal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I am going through menopause, I have been crying most days for about a year, I have constant obsessive negative thoughts about myself. I went to the doctor to request HRT. She talked me into Prozac. I was diagnosed with low depression, mid range anxiety and high stress. I have only been taking this for 6 days, but already my life has changed. The tears have stopped, I am no longer obsessing about things that might or might not happen, My confidence is back, I am reaching out more socially, and feel once again that life is good. I do however eat well and exercise regularly, I don't think any thing can counteract a poor diet and no exercise. Hot flashes have also almost disappeared. So far no side effects.

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by Golf Junky (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I have nothing but positive thoughts about my experience with Prozac. I have used it on and off for the last 17 years with great effectiveness. I have been able to go off of it for periods with little problem. It does have some side effects, but they are minimal and acceptable to me and worth. I take 20mg in the morning and that is it. It has most likely saved my life and I thank Eli Lilly. I do always take brand and not generic. I believe there is a difference.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2013 11:48 AM

Review by The New Kid (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I am 16 and am on 20 mg of Prozac. I have SEVERE depression. I might up the dosage a bit but I love it. Miracle. It definitely suppresses it. If you are scared just talk to your counselor about it. Trust me, I know what it is like. Prozac has made life so much easier to enjoy.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2013 7:59 PM

Review by Trixy70:

For Anxiety and Stress: Anxiety and stress relieved 100%, would recommend

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2013 6:09 PM

Review by Nataliee!:

For Depression: I got on Prozac 10 mg when I was sixteen after I tried to commit suicide. It worked wonders just within a week or so. I sat in my backyard in my bikini, wore tanning oil in the blazing sun, and painted clothes pins for my mom. I felt EXTREMELY lifted from my old self. I was HAPPY. I stopped taking it a few weeks later because I thought I was cured from my depression... stupid of me. I am now 22 and I have recently started taking Prozac 10 again. I am not really sure if I feel the effect yet but I do notice myself zoning out every once in a while. I hope I will feel wonderful again like the 16 year old I once was.

February 6, 2013 11:59 AM

Review by Zizi Vazizi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I am 25 year old PhD student. I have been taking Prozac for 5 weeks now. It started affecting me on the 3rd week. I felt so much more active and I had hope for living. I am working more efficiently and my sleep schedule is perfect. I am gaining some weight which means I should also start exercising. I still have vivid dreams and wake up several times during the night but I don't mind it because my life has changed so much and I feel so happy after years of depression.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2013 3:11 PM

Review by T.F. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I had a good start in life. A single mom, an older brother, a State job, a girl, a quiet house in my hometown. I almost lost it all due to alcohol. I could write a book of how to use alcohol to flirt with prison, the grim reaper and insanity. I started drinking when I was 16 and I am 40 now. I never really stopped drinking that entire time. I then started taking Prozac 30 mg a day. I am now Alcohol free for a year and have no desire to drink at all. It helped me amazingly but I was also finally ready to quit drinking.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2013 3:19 PM

Review by Nnggktrm (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: After being diagnosed with anxiety and depression Prozac is the first antidepressant I was prescribed. It took a while to kick in my body and then I had to even up the dose after a month or so. After faithfully taking it everyday I noticed I started to stutter a lot. I've never in my life had a speech problem. It got so bad that I had to stop taking it although it did make me feel better every day. Hoping to try something else!

January 16, 2013 1:14 AM

Review by mystic214:

For Anxiety and Stress: After reading all the reviews I decided to try Prozac. I am extremely sensitive to medications and have been on many different antidepressants, usually stopping due to side effects. My Dr. gave me the liquid Prozac so I could take a tiny amount and work my way up. Initially loss of appetite, nausea, slight dizziness, tiredness, weight loss. I am 8 weeks out and most side effects have improved. I feel so much better. Anxiety is low to nonexistent, clear thinking, hope has returned. Still dealing with grief from my mother's death but I feel better equipped to handle it. That is a miracle! I take 2mg, yes 2mg, and when I go higher I can't tolerate the side effects.

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2013 6:21 PM

Review by AnotherDay2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: Started taking Lexapro about a year ago. Made me so tired I couldn't function. Felt like a zombie, would sleep for 2-3 hours every afternoon (not normal for me)...then started having "breakthrough" anxiety attacks. I also suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder. Doctor switched me to 20 mg Prozac and life became better. My OCD became manageable, anxiety attacks became almost obsolete. I decided I didn't need it anymore so I stopped taking it. I am now going through a divorce and custody battle (unrelated issues) and my anxiety attacks are very bad. I have resumed taking Prozac in hopes of better days. Day 4 now and have only had 1 attack. Fingers crossed.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2013 4:44 PM

Review by gabby9 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: This medicine has been a life saver for me. It is the only antidepressant that has worked. I lost weight on it (which I needed to), feel less stressed, can handle stress, thoughts are not obsessive anymore, I laugh more and interact more with friends. I don't feel scared everyday. If you are thinking of taking it, give it at least 4-6 weeks to kick it. It's worth it.

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2013 8:11 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I have been taking Prozac for 9 months and have constantly had to experience the tiredness it causes and lack of motivation. I have now supplemented it with 150 mg of Wellbutrin and notice a huge difference. I am more alert, energetic, can concentrate and want to get out of the house instead of lying around. I can still feel the Serotonin effects of Prozac, so its the best of both worlds.

December 20, 2012 9:33 PM

Review by Male, age 20 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: Diagnosed with major depression and anxiety. Been on Prozac for all of 6 days and it's already changed me in a lot of ways. Some good, some bad, pretty jarring altogether. Morning after 1st use had severely suicidal thoughts. Instant loss of appetite and libido. Been an over eater most of my life. However, today was the first day in 6 days that I put food in my mouth. Zero libido all of a sudden, which I thought was great at first. Want to stick with it but really afraid about my libido.

December 20, 2012 4:21 AM

Review by jsecrest22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Very Very good. Helps a ton with energy, motivation, and joy. I was depressed for 4 years and this was just a miracle for me. Highly recommend it. Also, helps you last longer in bed

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2012 2:28 AM

Review by guitarheroine91 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I started Prozac a year ago for severe anxiety and depression. I now feel like a whole different person. Only thing I'm wondering is if I gained weight from it. I am now 40 lbs heavier than last year, but I started a different birth control at the same time, so that could be it as well.

December 10, 2012 1:11 PM

Review by chuckfinley (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Prozac along with other SSRI's do not mix well with my body. I have a loss of appetite, no sex drive, nauseating effects, and a "mild mood" (loss of my true personality).

December 9, 2012 5:32 AM

Review by PurpleBondGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I loved the effects this had on me, however my kids said it made me crazy and mean. I first began taking it to regulate my sleep pattern when I had a third (overnight) shift job. Several years later I went back on it for depression while trying to raise 3 kids on my own. It helped me to lose weight but It made me very moody. Some 13 years later I returned to it but got no symptoms relief. Just weight loss, again.

December 6, 2012 12:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Many people say that they gained weight on this medication. I actually lost weight. I lost 11 pounds in a little over a month that I've been on it. I have few side effects. The only thing I can complain about is that it makes me very sleepy, but it takes away the depression, so I'm grateful.

November 30, 2012 4:16 PM

Review by lunibinz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I asked to be put on Prozac because Wellbutrin had soared to 90 dollars per month. It is not helping my depression and I went back on a lower daily dose of Wellbutrin and 40Mg Prozac at night. Worst side effect is fatigue and arm tremor, and bloating...best effect is: I am a food addict with constant, unnerving, repetitive thoughts of food. Prozac has taken those thoughts away. I am able to eat when hungry and stop when full. This has been a big relief because the thoughts were troubling/repetitive nagging in my head. But despite eating less and beginning to walk daily, the scale is not moving and my face and gut feel very bloated. I am tempted to taper off Prozac to see the scale move, but don't want thoughts to return.

September 25, 2012 1:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I wanted to share my experience with Prozac for those that are perhaps just starting out, letting them know, that it does in fact, get much better. I have had pretty bad anxiety since childhood and also the symptoms of PMDD for a few years now also. To the point that I would schedule events around when I was going to have PMS, because it made me so unable to deal with anything at all. I was snapping at people, got easily frustrated with my children, and would feel very down on myself in general. Since going on Prozac approximately 7 weeks ago, I went through a very anxious phase, but the last two weeks have been amazing. I have never felt this happy or calm. I am on 30mg, with no plans to stop.

August 21, 2012 2:16 PM

Review by maybe again :):

For Anxiety and Stress: I took this for anxiety panic attacks and depression from 2002 to 2003. It helped me tremendously. I literally felt it "kick in" after about 8 or 9 days of taking it. I was VERY skeptical of all medicines ang almost didn't take it. But thank goodness I did! It made me feel like everything was "smooth sailing". I Gradually weened myself off it because I could not afford the doctor appointments required as part of my treatment plan. IT was like returning from an exciting vacation when I stopped the Prozac. But I am now strongly considering it again due to tremendous stress in my life, I have become practically a recluse. Anyway, it worked for me!

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2012 9:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: It was very disappointing when Zoloft and Ability didn't work for me, but Prozac began working within 4 to 5 days of taking. This medicine is working good for my OCD.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2012 2:41 PM

Review by laurenleisa (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: Prozac absolutely changed my life. Not only did it get rid of my daily anxiety and is slowly but surely getting rid of my social anxiety, but it also made me generally a happier person. By far the best anxiety medicine I've tried.

August 9, 2012 1:26 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hot Flashes: Actually felt cold on a summer day and had to put on a sweater (5 days into medication). Perhaps it is a good medicine for the hot flashes.

August 2, 2012 4:15 AM