Medication Guide App

1.2
Summary of Prozac reviews 344 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

Review by Sky girl:

For Bulimia: Start taking for depression a couple of weeks ago. Side effect is I have not had any compulsion to binge or purge for the last week. Amazing after 18 years of bulimia.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2012 4:09 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Started taking this a week ago for moderate depression and anxiety. I've been on Zoloft and Paxil before but the Zoloft made me exhausted and the Paxil made me gain weight and missing doses caused "brain zaps" like mini electric bolts. I felt better the very first day, and I knew the exact moment it came on. Even a coworker noticed my smile was like nothing before. Every day thereafter my mood has been amazing. My doctor told me to start with 10mg, and then 20mg after a week but I jumped right into the 20mg because I know my tolerance for medicines. I still have some social anxiety so he may bump me to 30mg next visit but right now even at this dosage I feel like life is worth living and is manageable.

August 1, 2012 10:25 AM

Review by Chico Friend:

For Depression: I started on 10 mg of Prozac for 6 months. After 5 mos I noticed getting agitated and very angry at my past childhood traumas, ruminating again and wanting to change my family name. It got so bad that I went up in dose and now I feel it doesn't matter as much. I am positive, sleep like a baby, have energy and enthusiasm.

July 30, 2012 10:46 PM

For Depression: I was given Prozac a couple years ago for depression and never really took them thinking I wasn't depressed. Now years later I ended up trying them again, and I will tell you that life is so much better! I was always stressing about everything and picking myself apart, my marriage is going through a rough spot on forgiving my husband. Without the help of Prozac I would dwell on things that made me upset, now I have a great outlook on my life and I actually can give a second chance to my husband that he deserves. I'm a much happier person, this medicine is wonderful and I feel like a new person.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2012 2:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Caused sweating, headache.

July 20, 2012 1:33 PM

Review by cattailwindchimes (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: Have been taking Prozac for 16 years. Love it. Life is much smoother with it. I took a break from Prozac for about 6 months and noticed all the old depressive action return. Recently, I had my Dr. increase it to 40 mg each day. Life is good!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2012 12:23 PM

Review by Kel1992 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: My psychiatrist prescribed me Prozac recently when he diagnosed me with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and depression. My depression and anxiety was really bad. I constantly worried about the same things over and over again and couldn't control it, got bad panic attacks, could not eat or sleep and became very depressed. Xanax helped me but only temporarily. I'm taking Prozac 20mg nearly two weeks now and already I feel like I'm getting back to myself. I no longer worry, I'm eating and sleeping better and panic attacks are just a thing of the past. The only side effects I have are increased appetite and fatigue. But all I can say is that Prozac is a God send, that I would highly recommend it. It has helped me so much.

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2012 8:36 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Prozac was not the medicine for me. I was put on Prozac for depression. I actually began to feel worse when I took it. I also developed a bad case of OCD taking Prozac to the point that I plucked my eyebrows completely off. I also felt very anxious all the time and scared. So my doctor took me off Prozac and switched me to Lexapro and it did wonders. I am a lot happier and confident now. I no longer have OCD and my eyebrows have since grown back. My advice to people who are not seeing results with Prozac is to switch to Lexapro. I wish I would have long ago. I haven't been this happy in years.

June 12, 2012 9:48 AM

Review by Thank you Prozac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Prozac has changed my life. I've suffered from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety, and Depression since I was in my pre-teens. I've tried Celexa and Paxil, but couldn't sleep at all while using them. I asked my physician to prescribe Prozac on the advice of a friend and I've had amazing results. I started at 10 mg a day and increased to 20 mg a day after a month. I noticed that I was drowsy and unmotivated during the day when I took the medicine in the morning, so I switched to a bedtime dose and I haven't noticed any side effects since then. Prozac makes me calmer and much more in control of my fears. Others who didn't know I had gone on medication have noticed a positive change as well. I've been on Prozac for 4 months.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2012 9:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have had anxiety/depression since giving birth to my son in 2001. Panic attacks were really bad, I was put on Buspar, Xanax, Paxil. They did not work for me. Then I was put on Zoloft. It worked for approximately 10 years. Then it stopped. The panic attacks came back and the depression was terrible. I went to a therapist and a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist took me off of Zoloft and put me on Prozac and Xanax. I would say that it took about 4-5 weeks for 20 mg of Prozac to kick in and help with the depression. Then at week 9, the depression came back with more anxiety. The psychiatrist upped my Prozac to 40 mg 1 X daily. I feel that I am getting better. The depression is lifting, although I still have panic attacks once in awhile.

June 1, 2012 10:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: My depression improved, but a concern I have been experiencing is sensitivity to sun light.

May 29, 2012 11:08 AM

Review by chloe chloe83:

For Depression: I started taking Prozac 5 yrs ago due to a panic attacks. I then stopped taking it for 2 months, felt ok for the first 6 weeks apart from withdrawal symptoms. I have now started taking Prozac again as my depression has come back, my panic attacks are getting worse. I feel like can't leave the house and I cry all the time. I decided that I should try taking them again.

May 14, 2012 8:51 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: What a life saver! And I mean that in the very literal sense. I've now been taking 20mg of Prozac for about 18 days. The fist week was hell. I couldn't sleep, I felt more depressed, anxious and panicky than before. Nauseous and disorientated. But stuck with it. Only now that I'm starting to feel better, do I start to realize how incredibly unwell and out of control I've been for so long. I'm now starting to feel like I have my brain back and am in possession of rational thoughts again!

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 10, 2012 6:11 PM

Review by quetzacotl (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I love Prozac. It really helped with keeping me relaxed and in a decent mood and severely lessened my need to feed the OCD. For some reason my doctor recommended that I should try Zoloft instead. For the first two weeks on Zoloft I had diarrhea and now after six months on it I am starting to have moderate to severe pain in my legs. My leg muscles always feel as if they need a good stretch.

May 6, 2012 5:12 PM

Review by shellfish (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Prozac has saved my life. I was unable to function normally and was very irritable. I have been taking it for 5 months and it is amazing. Other than not feeling hungry and feeling numb to things that formerly made me irate. I have had no bad side effects. I am finally living. Only wish I had the nerve to take it 10 years ago. I missed out on so much due to my severe depression.

May 5, 2012 9:35 PM

Review by Tebob:

For Anxiety and Stress: 7 months on this for anxiety and overall has been very effective. Significant insomnia, obvious decrease in libido. Back and forth on 10mg, then 20mg, and back to 10mg. I think 20mg is the best for me though. Recommend it but it does take a few weeks to level out and kick-in for sure.

April 23, 2012 2:36 PM

Review by Lorrainecarole:

For Depression: I took Prozac for about five months 1989-90. I felt buoyant for the first six weeks, then less so. After three months or so, my mood was down and my fingers were stiff and painful upon waking. After four months, both hands and feet were in pain and did not function for an hour after waking. The condition persisted, in an ever-diminishing form, for five years after discontinuation of the medicine. I am told that my reaction was rare; nevertheless, it happened to me.

April 17, 2012 11:54 AM

For Depression: I have suffered from depression since I was 14 (I am 22 now). I've tried Lexapro and Celexa, but Lexapro was too expensive and Celexa quit working for me after a few months. Prozac has completely taken away all suicidal ideations (which I have had almost daily since I was 14) and has made life so much easier for me to handle. I can't believe that I have been missing out all this time! It's hard to believe that other people really live this way, without constant depression and anxiety, every day! I am so happy I found this medication. I did not know if it was possible to completely get rid of those thoughts. Amazing medicine.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2012 11:31 AM

Review by GailPoo:

For Anxiety and Stress: 5 weeks on Prozac. Have lost ten pounds (and needed to do so). Appetite remains but I finally know when I'm full. Cannot drink more than an occasional glass of wine, do not feel like drinking any longer. Energy up, anxiety down. I have agitation that I didn't have before, however sleeping 9 hours per night, but I always did that anyway. But sleeping more soundly. Sex drive is down (am female). Strange, detailed dreams. Feeling benevolent, but oddly detached and very happy. Still laugh a lot, but not interested in being creative very much.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2012 1:06 PM

Review by Happyface Chick:

For Depression: After 10 years of being miserable on Celexa and then Lexapro, I was switched to 40 mg of Prozac along with 400 mg of Wellbutrin. Within a week, my mood lifted greatly. It's like the world is in color again and I've actually got motivation to do what I need while feeling enjoyment in the things I like. I've also stopped some compulsive habits I had, such as picking at my skin. It's been almost a month and so far no untoward side effects.

April 10, 2012 10:39 PM

For Depression: If it wasn't for Prozac SSRI, I wouldn't be able to function normally; probably just lie in bed and not know what to do... Long story short, this drug is a God send. I'm not even on a high dose but I can feel that it's helping me get back on my feet and live. My goal is that this will help not only live again, but stronger.

April 9, 2012 7:16 PM

For Depression: Prozac worked for about a week or two. I felt very happy and pleased. I could handle my problems, and my suicidal thoughts went away. But now, every and anytime I'm sad, I have suicidal thoughts and they are worse than ever before.

April 8, 2012 3:49 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: Was always stressed and depressed and blew up on people I love, give Prozac 6 weeks, it changed my life. I've been on Lexapro and Cymbalta. On 40mg Prozac, couldn't imagine life without it, everything just goes my way now and I'm super happy, and can think clearly, but somehow am still myself, and with no side effects. It's amazing.

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2012 2:02 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been on a 10mg dose for 2 years and it has helped substantially. I had very bad anxiety (PTSD) and couldn't drive, and basically stopped eating. My heart would race and I just could not deal with the anxiety anymore. Taking this dose and having regular therapy has allowed me to get back to myself. I didn't have any side effects and I've never had to increase the dose. It is a really great medication.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2012 2:38 PM

For Panic Disorder: I've been hesitant try Prozac as I didn't want to be a zombie or overly sedated. But after 5 years of dealing with Panic Disorder/Generalized Anxiety and countless antidepressant not working, I decided to give it a try. The first month was pretty rough. I was always tired, brain was foggy and I continued to have anxiety. But I stuck with it and after increasing to 30 mg, I felt absolutely NORMAL. I could feel emotions and even a normal amount of anxiety without freaking out. It has also helped with social anxiety. DOWNSIDE - I find it almost impossible to get any deep sleep on this medicine, and no sleep medicine seems to work (I've tried them all).

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2012 10:50 AM