User Reviews for Prozac

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prozac reviews 277 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Prozac

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Prozac is my miracle medicine. I have been on 6 different antidepressants over the years and Prozac is the only one that ever helped me feel "normal", with NO side effects. It is wonderful, it's hard to find an SSRI that causes no side effects for me. Prozac has been the only one and I just love it. My quality of life is much better now and I can function in a happy state of mind. Wonderful.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 21, 2011 11:14 AM
Review by CLWW: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I'm hoping my posts will help others who are on the fence about antidepressants. My story - in short - is anxiety has plagued me since my teens, depression joined the parade in my late teens/early 20's. I have tried several medications over the years and because they either made me flat or sick I didn't stick with them. Recently decided Prozac would be my last attempt. I started taking 20 mg every morning 2 weeks ago. I have had very little in the way of side effects. Some mind shakiness in the morning, little bit of difficulty falling asleep, mild fatigue, and dampened appetite. The benefits - to this point - are - surprising. I am much calmer, the anxiety is 80% gone, the depression is still present but not like 2 weeks ago and before. It's dissipating for sure. Life doesn't look so "all or nothing" which is a nice change. My spouse said my "fidgets" are gone. I was almost constantly moving in some form or another. I know some people think the medication reaction is "all in ones head" but since my problems ARE all in my head - I don't care if it's the medication, me thinking it is or a combination. All I can say is, for the first time in a very, very long time I am able to run errands, be more social and have actually gotten a full time job in the past 2 weeks. I am able to better care for myself now thus able to care better for my spouse. I have no plans to stop the Prozac. With 20 mg/once a day being a low dose and with it helping to this point, I'm going to roll with this as long as I can.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 18, 2011 3:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I had never taken an antidepressant before. I was recently diagnosed with gastritis and irritable bowel syndrome and have been dealing with many emotional issues for quite a long time before these health problems. The constant nausea from the condition only worsened my mood and outlook on life. I was on Prozac 10mg for exactly a month. After 2 weeks I noticed a HUGE difference in my overall mood and outlook on life, it was wonderful! After 3 1/2 weeks my entire body started to itch; palms of my hands, in between fingers, behind ears, feet, legs, arms, you name it, it itched! Finally talked to my doctor and decided to stop Prozac and start Paxil. I hate that I had to switch, and I'm not too excited about it. Hope this time is a charm.

July 17, 2011 4:57 PM
Review by Wiz Khalifa Jr: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: Started on 20mg about two weeks ago.. anger always troubled me.. couldn't control my emotions. Starting to take this medicine and honest to God, it saved my life. I turn 20 in two months, ready to start a new life.. it's like a rebirth. NO side-effects. Just smiles.

July 15, 2011 12:43 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking this for about 2 months now and I have gone from 10mg to 60mg highest, but it is working fine for me for now.

June 23, 2011 10:42 PM
Review by ratlover: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I have Bipolar disorder. I just started 10mg of Prozac 3 weeks ago and I love it. I needed an antidepressant to work with the Lithium I was taking. And I feel terrific. So far I haven't gained any weight. I gained 30 lbs because my thyroid stopped working and 20 of it has come off and I've lowered the lithium and I attribute this to the Prozac. I have Wellbutrin as a stand by if the weight starts coming on but I really don't want to change. I am in control and for someone with bipolar that's a hard place to get to.

June 15, 2011 9:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: Prozac is an amazing medicine. I was severely depressed and saw no light at the end of the tunnel. My anxieties and depression were slowly killing me. I couldn't eat, sleep, or be still with myself. My doctor prescribed Prozac. First 20mg then 40mg. It took about 30 days before I noticed a big change in mood. My situation never changed, but the way I looked at it did and I felt hope and got a warm feeling. The side effects are manageable. My libido has decreased slightly, but I am still able to achieve orgasm. I have not had any weight gain. I've been on Prozac for about 8 months now. It's been a life saver for me. I just started CBT counseling with a psychologist so I can learn to think and react differently to/about some things.

June 13, 2011 10:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Very helpful for this medicine for several uses. Good for anxiety. Long acting medicine allows for various dosing regimes. About as effective for the given individual as the next SSRI so don't be afraid to try this. Was good for me without side effects at the starting dose. Side effects did show up at a higher dose though. Overall a good medicine.

June 6, 2011 8:16 PM
Review by lady_bug: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: This medication has been helping me so much. I have been taking it for 6 weeks now, and I am happy with the result. It is the only medication I have taken that seems to work.

June 4, 2011 10:55 AM
Review by BStern: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: This is my second day on Prozac to treat my post traumatic stress disorder. I've had a little trouble sleeping, some dry mouth, and a definite drop in libido. But you know what? I will take these any day over screaming at my family like a lunatic and feeling completely out of control. These 2 days have been uneventful in that regard and I give my thanks to Prozac.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 27, 2011 6:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I've been on Prozac now for a totally of four months - ish. I felt nothing for about two months, and then one day I woke up... and I felt like a different person. I cleaned my bedroom, got rid of half my things, did all the work that I was supposed to do, and I felt amazing. I still feel like a new person. Now, there is more balance. I feel normal. For the first time ever. The first two months were tough, I was tired, but couldn't sleep at night. Now I'm on an entirely normal sleep schedule, more normal than ever. I was having some heart palpitations, but that went away. I do have rather vivid dreams still, and I've lost weight, but I think that's just me feeling better about myself.

May 15, 2011 10:12 PM
Review by volynn: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I took Prozac for 3 months at 10mg to treat depression from bipolar disorder Type I. I felt numb and I just didn't care about much of anything while taking Prozac. I felt very indifferent toward most things. I also experienced a very low sex drive and difficulty in achieving orgasm.

May 14, 2011 9:56 PM
Review by D.row: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I'm fifteen, and I started taking Prozac at 13. For a year it really helped, but within the last year, my depression has come back along with cutting. However, I also had extreme OCD, which Prozac helped 100%.

May 3, 2011 6:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on fluoxetine now for 7 months. The first couple of weeks I was sick feeling but within 2 months my husband and I could tell a big difference with my anxiety. The down fall is the weight gain and after about 3 months I have to take a midday nap. I have gain 18 pounds in the past 7 months that is the outcome of 3-4 am nightly hunger and cravings. I am now trying to fight the naps to sleep all night without waking up. It is difficult some days but it is better then having anxiety attacks.

April 29, 2011 10:40 PM
Review by jelo: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I've been on Prozac for many years. This medication has definitely improved my life. I had tried Zoloft first and had some strange side effects. I've never had any adverse effects with Prozac. I don't feel any different except I feel so much better on it. I will continue to take it.

April 26, 2011 2:37 AM
Review by shami: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I am 31 years old and have been diagnosed with clinical depression, anxiety and have been severely anorexic on and off. I have been at a healthy body weight for many years. Over the course of 10 years I have taken various anti-depressants for my depression but they work for a certain period and then stop working. I have just started taking Prozac and am on my second week. I noticed instantly the first day, I felt warmer and more intuned to my body. I can think clearer and don't feel so irritable. I have terrible neck pain that I have recently developed over the course of the week, so I hope it goes away over the next few weeks. Otherwise I am quite excited to finally be taking a medicine that can help me, as well as so many others.

April 23, 2011 11:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I had taken Prozac for approximately 20 years when I noticed my depression was coming back and I felt it was no longer working for me. I then started on the path of trying everything on the market; none of them seemed to work and that has been over the last 6 years. Now I'm thinking about asking my doctor to switch me back to Prozac and see perhaps if it was helpful just being off it for while, give my system a break and maybe it will work again for me.

April 21, 2011 12:10 AM
Review by Ins0mnia: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I am a 38 year old female with terrible insomnia for 6 years. I finally sought help to figure out what was causing it, since none of the medicines were working for me any longer. I was diagnosed with depression and prescribed 10 mg of Prozac. It has been of amazing help to me. I now take 20 mg which is perfect. I have suffered no side effects and am VERY sensitive to medicines. The only thing I noticed was a very slight decrease in appetite. Prior to taking Prozac I felt like I was in a fog, I had no desire to do anything and that is hard with 2 young kids. I have decided to embrace the fact that I suffer from depression. I was also prescribed 25 mg of Seroquel for my insomnia. Life is better for me thanks to Prozac. Insomnia still work in progress.

April 13, 2011 6:05 PM
Review by tcmoc93: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: After being out of school for 7 months with severe gastrointestinal problems, I developed extremely severe depression and horrible anxiety with worrying about turning in work and working toward graduation (I'm a HS senior). Before this I had never had any mental issues. At first, I didn't want to take more mind pills; the thought of altering my mental state was a bit frightening to me. However, after being on Prozacfor 8 weeks, I feel totally changed in a good way. I can think about items of concern and work through them without starting to worry or become extremely upset. My mind is FINALLY free from a huge amount of stress. This in combination with as required Xanax for anxiety attacks has helped me tremendously. Highly recommended.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 11, 2011 12:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I have been on Prozac since 1991. It has helped me in more ways than one. I really don't think I would be here today. I think I would have been a miserable soul without them.

April 6, 2011 3:44 PM
Review by thank goodness 4Prozac!: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Bulimia: I'm going to make this short and simple Pros: felt better within the month of taking it slowed my bulimia way down. CONS: had to up the dosage a month ago. So fare so good. I yawned the first 2 weeks straight all day long but its over now. ive been taking it for 2 months now and i love it! im 24 years old and have had my deppression and bulimia for 13 years and i have never felt this good. also im on 1mg of klonopin(clonazapam) at night. i like that too. hope this helps

April 5, 2011 2:42 AM
Review by AMB: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: Prozac is a wonderful medicine. I started on it 1 year ago and took it for about 4 months and stopped because I was feeling great. Depression returned and I am on it again. I felt difference in a few hours after taking the first pill! Prozac made me feel like a happy person again. All my worries and obsessive thoughts faded away. They are there in the back of my head but they are only as thoughts nothing to worry about every minute of my life. It works great for me!

March 24, 2011 11:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have been taking Prozac for almost 2 yrs for my OCD and depression. The medicine has done wonders for my disability but has done nothing good for my relationship with my boyfriend. Prozac has taken my sex drive completely away. We try everything to bring it back but nothing works. I had no choice but to take myself off the medicine.

March 22, 2011 11:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I was put on Mirtazapine by my doctor recently and the side effects of it were horrendous. Slept for hours on end, when I did get up I was living through a fog. I couldn't function on a day to day basis. The nightmares were awful, vivid very scary dreams that I couldn't force myself to wake from so I decided enough. I had been on citalopram before that and it was no longer helping so I was switched to the mirtazapine. I went back on Prozac and in less than a week I feel better, my head is clear and I can do things I enjoy. I don't sleep well anyway so the Prozac has no effect on that. I will stick with the Prozac.

February 18, 2011 6:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: I took Prozac when I was about 20 years old, and I felt a complete depression lift. My Mom and Sister benefited from it for treatment of depression as well. I'm 30 now and currently back to battling anxiety and depression. I'm reading a book called Learned Optimism, and I'm working on changing my "explanatory style" from pessimistic to optimistic. Your explanatory style, (how to perceive and deal with stressors in your life) and be a number 1 contributing factor for depression and other mental health issues. I'm debating starting Prozac again, or just wait for the depression to lift on it's own as my own thought process changes from negative to positive. I'm just ready for the depression to leave now.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate