User Reviews for Prozac (Page 8)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.5
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 484 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "It made me crazy. I couldn't eat or sleep or sit still."

Kissoflife123 September 19, 2014

For Depression "Worked well for a 5 years. No side effect. ."

SandyBlonde (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have been taking fluoxetine for about five months now. It has been a God send for me! I am notoriously moody, possibly from BPD, and I do have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder where I have repetitive thoughts and the only way I can describe Prozac is that it feels like a vice grip on your brain that made you think about things over and over, releases completely. I feel so in control and wherever I put my focus, it stays without drifting back. I love this medication so much I will never leave it. The only complaint I have is that it does take forever to work. Forget about the 6 to 8 week rule, it will take a few months. And when it works, you will feel so amazing. For me, 60 mgs is ideal."

Southern Summer September 15, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bulimia "I would not be alive today if not for Prozac. I was throwing up 5 times a day and so desperately unhappy I often thought of suicide. I escaped an abusive childhood only to move on to the living hell that is bulimia. Within two weeks of Prozac my all consuming thoughts about food, weight & throwing up diminished and I started focusing on my future, college and doing something other than throwing up all day. I weaned myself off of it after about 2 years of being bulimia free. I was bulimic for 13 years and haven't thrown up now in 15 years (except for the flu). Please try it for bulimia, no negative side effects that I remember."

prozac saved my life (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been in this medicine for 7 months, first started on 20mg, now increasing to 40mg. I am taking it for depression and anxiety. It takes about a month before I see some effects. Mood was lifted and feel calmer but can't stop yawning. In the beginning, I did felt increased anxiety before this subsides...I will continue to take this medicine and hope to get better."

ckris September 10, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "Prozac took my worries away. That is all I wanted. I wasn't depressed. I used to wake up at night having bad dreams and worries that went over and over in my head. I couldn't sleep. After beginning Prozac that all stopped. It did unfortunately give me an "I don't care" attitude about what other people thought of me. My sister complained about that with me and said i was difficult to talk to. So I stopped taking it (gradually). Now I wake up every night again with terrible anxiety thoughts and dreams (mostly about things that are happening in my life). I haven't heard anyone talking about this. Any comments?"

prozac patty August 26, 2014

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Was prescribed this medication for outpatient treatment from anorexia/bulimia and laxative abuse after leaving the hospital. Took 60mg a day with scheduled breakfast. This was the medication that boosted my recovery. I was able to lessen some of my very troublesome anxiety around food, reduce obsessive thoughts, and be able to take initiative towards getting better. My treatment team has also been very happy with the outcome of this medication. Just some reminders: You have to drink or eat something with this, or you will have acid reflux. Also, watch out for mood swings that may happen when you first start taking the medication."

Anon4 August 23, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "This medication works great for anxiety stress and panic attacks, so glad."

Bradstreetbassler (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2014

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Today is only my first day, and I have to say I got really angry with something that happened at work and normally I can shrug this off, but it's like I couldn't control it, and was super quite that morning then through the day I felt better. I've had headaches and bad diarrhea. The headache happened before the medicine so I'm not sure it's related and very slight nausea. I'll blog again once a little more time has passed."

Cateliza August 8, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Have been on Prozac since it came out many years ago. I had severe panic disorder with anxiety attacks. I was also agoraphobic. Since being in Prozac I was able to return to work, go to college. Now that I am retired I am able to travel to different states."

KitkT August 7, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Fluoxetine is pretty gentle compared to most other anti-depressant medicines. I had a good response from Zoloft almost 20 years ago, and when I had breakthrough depression I was switched to Effexor. Effexor worked but was prohibitively expensive. Then I was finally stated on Prozac(fluoxetine). I had zero side effects during the first week--which was vastly different from my experience with the other two--and at 40mg/day fluoxetine seems just as efficacious. Fluoxetine has worked well for my panic, depression, and general anxiety. One must give it time to work. For people that are really struggling six weeks can seem a lifetime, but for many that is how long it takes for fluoxetine to 'work'."

OnceStuckInLimbo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I took prozac several years ago, and it worked a little bit for a while. Often, though, it made me feel really lethargic, sleepy, and extremely apathetic to most things. It sort of did it's job, but not well enough, as I have now switched to something that works better."

emjay95 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2014

For Depression "Prozac is really a life saver."

Amgama July 26, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bulimia "I've struggled with bulimia (as well as depression/mood disorder) for about eight years now. I've been on Prozac three separate times (I quit taking it during my pregnancies) and I stop binging and purging every time I get back on it. It has also benefited my relationships and improved my parenting abilities. Every other medication I tried was just too hard on me, but Prozac doesn't affect me in any noticeably negative way."

SarahSwar July 22, 2014

For Postpartum Depression "Was able to lift me out of a severe Postpartum depression."

not bad, but sad. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2014

For Depression "I've been on Prozac for just about 3 months. At first I did not notice a difference for about a month then I started feeling more energized for a few weeks however the weight is going on as fast as grass grows. I'm seeing my doctor today and need to switch. I've even been working out, walking and have been more active. The weight gain is awful, at least for me."

Hv50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I have Obessive compulsive disorder which causes a lot of anxiety and depression. Prozac has improved my quality of life I'm now a calm happy person with a great family of my own after being on Prozac a year. It really helps me focus on the real problems in my life and reaching a resolution instead of just feeling overwhelmed. It also greatly increases my energy and focus! It does not make me a zombie to emotion but it does prevent me from obsessing and lingering on how things make me feel. I still feel sad anger etc but in normal amounts like everyone else. Aside from very detailed dreams I've had no negative side effects. "

RayS45672 June 14, 2014

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Not happy, not sad, just there. Actually not even there... Everything is kind of like a daze. But it feels alot better then being crazy stressed out all the time and freaking out over trivial things, just I don't feel like myself. But the good thing is I'm living in the moment instead of the past or worrying about the future."

yournickname (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2014

189 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bulimia "I had an eating disorder for almost a decade and Prozac really stopped the thoughts and behaviors"

Decadelost June 10, 2014

For Depression "I took Prozac for about 25 years with good results"

liked prozac (taken for 10 years or more) June 10, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Prozac for a month and it really helps with the depression."

familiaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on Prozac for a little over a year for depression and anxiety. I'm on 20mg since I was 14. Personally I think it was too much for my system when I first started taking it. I was like an ADHD child. Couldn't calm down. Jumping around everywhere and could barely sleep at night. And with me being a 100lb 14 year old; my mother thought so too. Now that I'm 16, I think this medication isn't working for me anymore. I'm becoming more and more depressed and my anxiety level is at its highest. I keep having panic attacks also. Prozac was amazing for me up til now. But I do believe that my body has gotten used to this medication. I'm talking to my doctor soon as possible to maybe raise my dosage."

amandamariee (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 27, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "Did not have the best experience with this medication, but antidepressants and anxiety medications react differently for each person. For the 5 months that I was on Prozac, it improved my anxiety, but every time my dosage was changed, my depression got much worse and fluctuated greatly. It got so bad that I had to switch medications. Again, every medication reacts differently for everyone."

Gc2466 May 22, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "Marvellous, restored my dignity, anxiety management and sleep."

Cyrnix (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 17, 2014

173 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started a very low dosage and worked upward until I found what worked for me (40mg). However, as my depression got worse and worse, the Prozac actually stopped working altogether no matter how much it was increased! It's a good medicine for mild to moderate depression, but there are better choices for major depression."

Depressed in Vegas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 17, 2014