User Reviews for Prozac

Learn more about Prozac.

Prozac review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Prozac to treat Panic Disorder

Review by Alex D (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I started experiencing panic attacks a few months ago, so bad that I thought I was dying each time I had one, my college NP prescribed me Prozac, the first month of taking it was HELL, my anxiety defiantly increased and I had more frequent panic attacks, my doctor said this was normal and to stick with it and I did! Let me tell you it has changed my life, I am able to function normally now and even though I experience some anxiety, I am able to manage it. Prozac has just made me a genuinely happier person and I recommend it to anyone with anxiety, especially with panic attacks and depression.

March 20, 2014 4:16 AM
Review by Sambaluk: User Rating:

One of the few anti-depressants I can tolerate. Most cause major sleep disorders, But with Prozac I don't have a problem. Not really sure if it helps much with panic attacks, I've tried 20mg and 40mg, sometime 40 mg seems to be a bit much.

August 1, 2013 3:36 PM
Review by Tamakachi (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Did not work for my anxiety and made it difficult to maintain an erection.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 6, 2013 7:50 PM
Review by chandlaaz (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I've been taking Prozac 20MG for 3 weeks now. It has changed my life. I take other meds (Xanax 1MG, Depakote 1000MG, Norco 10/325MG, Nexium 40MG) For other problems. Well I take the Xanax 4 times a day as needed to help with my anxiety and panic disorder. My Panic attacks were so bad I was hospitalized for a week. I couldn't function. I suffered unknown seizures because of panic disorder. Now I can Go about my Life. The only problem I have with Prozac is that it makes me go to the bathroom very often. The first few days it made me sleepy but that went away. I'm 16. It also helps depression too, its helped mine a lot. I would recommend this to anyone who suffers from severe anxiety like me.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 31, 2013 9:23 AM
Review by Livinglife420: User Rating:

I got severe depression in College, had it in high school as well and took some antidepressant that started with an L (I really can't remember). I started taking Prozac my 2nd year in college after my girlfriend broke up with me. It helped tremendously overcome the loneliness. The only problem I've ever had with it is my REM sleep. I didn't take my pill for 2 days over spring break this past week and had the worst panic attack I've ever had in my life I thought I wanted to die, it was the worst car ride I have ever experienced. As soon as I took my Prozac everything was better. I trust this.

March 23, 2013 11:16 AM
Review by laurenleisa (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Prozac absolutely changed my life. Not only did it get rid of my daily anxiety and is slowly but surely getting rid of my social anxiety, but it also made me generally a happier person. By far the best anxiety medicine I've tried.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 9, 2012 1:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I've been hesitant try Prozac as I didn't want to be a zombie or overly sedated. But after 5 years of dealing with Panic Disorder/Generalized Anxiety and countless antidepressant not working, I decided to give it a try. The first month was pretty rough. I was always tired, brain was foggy and I continued to have anxiety. But I stuck with it and after increasing to 30 mg, I felt absolutely NORMAL. I could feel emotions and even a normal amount of anxiety without freaking out. It has also helped with social anxiety. DOWNSIDE - I find it almost impossible to get any deep sleep on this medicine, and no sleep medicine seems to work (I've tried them all).

April 1, 2012 10:50 AM
Review by MuchBetterNow: User Rating:

Prozac works great for me. It's helped pull me out of my 4 year depression. I wished I would have asked for help sooner. Prozac helped me get my "spark" back again.

January 30, 2012 10:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder and Major Depression which was a total panic in itself. My doctor and therapist both agreed that I should take an antidepressant. I was so scared of the medicine because of the panic disorder that I tried other remedies first. I did EMDR cognitive thinking as well as many others. After a few months of therapy, and depression getting worse I decided to give it a try. It has saved my life. If you are scared it is worth it. The side effects for me lasted about 2 days and were very mininal really just dry mouth and tired that was about it. I have only been taking this medication for 3 weeks and feel awesome. I have some anxiety but I am able to control it the way any other human should and can. I recommend it.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 6, 2010 7:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I just started using Prozac a couple of weeks ago and it has been life changing. I am a combat veteran who suffers from severe anxiety and sleeping problems and this drug has completely abated those symptoms. My mood is much better, I can concentrate for longer periods of time and I don't have the social anxiety that was plaguing me since I left the Marine Corps. All in all, this is a great drug that has helped me move on from my anxiety. I take 20mg per day (minimum dose) and that is working fine.

October 30, 2009 9:33 AM
Review by jacksk8ter: User Rating:

It's a miracle drug. I took this for anxiety and panic attacks and slight depression. It has changed my life. I am happier. I have made more friends in the past month. It has helped with everything; school, stress, anxiety and self confidence. I cant recommend it enough.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 16, 2009 1:12 AM
Review by jarg46: User Rating:

I took Prozac for 15 years and it was definitely a wonderful drug for my disorder. I was Agoraphobic for 22 years before my doctor discovered Prozac helped with Panic attacks. I started it and in a week I was walking out of my house and greeting my neighbors! I started working and doing things I never dreamed I could do. Then in 2005 my insurance changed to another Pharmaceutical plan and you could take generics or pay full price for the brand name. Unfortunately the generic did not do the same thing as the brand. Prozac price has risen to $403.65 for 3 months and unfortunately I cannot afford this.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 31, 2008 9:01 PM