User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 28 medications

2.7
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 591 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Fluoxetine

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been taking 90mg once a week for 6 weeks now. It has helped my depression and quality of life so much. Until this last week I have been having back to back anxiety/ panic attacks and I'm not sure what to do about it yet because of the benefits..... Does this go away? My chest hurts and I'm basically vibrating now every time it happens...."

LbUnforgettable March 22, 2015

Prozac Weekly (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have had major depressive Dissorder since I was 13 years of age. Had pretty much come to terms with the fact that this was going to be lifelong thing. Been to therapy, groups, and tried other meds like regular & generic Prozac, plus took Paxil for a little while. Prozac Weekly has been the ONLY thing that has made a huge difference for me other than being very careful about eating healthy. I forget to take daily meds so only taking it once a week is a bonus. The first time I took Prozac Weekly it took about 2-3 weeks to really "kick in" but once it did the difference was like night & day. Is this how normal people feel? You mean I can feel like this everyday? Not sure if it will be the same for you, just my positive experience. Good luck."

GoKnightsKatieKutie23 March 21, 2015

For Depression: "I was on Sertraline for a year but then I stopped taking sertraline because the medication stopped working and this was causing problems to me and my school life. I have now been prescribed Fluoxetine from my Doctor and I have noticed the side effects instantly such as feeling anxious restlessness. The medication has helped with life at home, me and my mum have been getting on better and not arguing my social relationships have improved to an extent but not inside school that is where I am having the problems. which is a main concern for me. once I go back to the Doctor in a few weeks time, she expects to see a diary plan of my days and how my mood is changing. I will also explain about my anxieties."

Mccarthy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "Most of my life I have struggled with severe panic attacks, general anxiety, PTSD & moderate depression. Been on meds twice before until I felt better & then I would stop taking them. This last time it had been close to a year that I had been suffering again before I decided to reluctantly go back on meds. I tried Celexa again- it worked kinda okay in the past but this time it made no improvement for me. Saw the doc who switched me to Prozac- all I can say is WOW! Best yet- I feel like my old, happy self after only 1 month! 10mg the first week, 15 the second and 20mg the last two. Give it time to work & be patient- it might make you feel a bit off & not better at first, but it is a miracle drug. These bad feelings will pass hang in there!"

DavidKirsch38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Most of my life I have struggled with severe panic attacks, general anxiety, PTSD & moderate depression. Been on meds twice before until I felt better & then I would stop taking them. This last time it had been close to a year that I had been suffering again before I decided to reluctantly go back on meds. I tried Celexa again- it worked kinda okay in the past but this time it made no improvement for me. Saw the doc who switched me to Prozac- all I can say is WOW! Best yet- I feel like my old, happy self after only 1 month! 10mg the first week, 15 the second and 20mg the last two. Give it time to work & be patient- it might make you feel a bit off & not better at first, but it is a miracle drug. These bad feelings will pass hang in there!"

DavidKirsch38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

For Depression: "I have been on the med (20mg) for about 3 week for depression. Luckily no side effects and already feel loads better . Don't get me wrong, I have had the odd really low day but don't we all! But positives feel I can cope lots better plus not eating for the sake of eating . Still got to help myself to get motivated. Wished I was honest with myself years ago and went on medication."

leigh97 March 14, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was on this medicine for two weeks, i felt fine even a little happier, but for 3 days straight I went into a major depression, I have stopped taking it."

Kendall221 March 10, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have always had anxiety however about 7 months ago I began to have panic attacks walking to the shops by myself walking to work, I thought I was going to pass out it was awful. Then one day I just couldn't walk to work, I got half way then I was convinced I was going to faint so walked home. I then realized how out of control my anxiety had become my partner went with me the doctor prescribed me 20mg tablets (once a day). The first 2 weeks my anxiety was definitely heightened it felt like I was losing the plot. However within a month I found myself walking to the shops and work feeling fine. I haven't had a panic attack for over 2 months, I wish I had started this medication sooner I now feel normal again."

Annouska March 8, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Wife forced me to go to the doctors for work related stress and I was prescribed Fluoxetine. 4 days later she said I'd had a personality change over night. I feel so much better. No more grumps or irrtations which believe it or not, I'm having a hard time coming to terms with because I seriously didn't realise I was that bad."

Geefeye (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Helped control Anger issue but after 90 days and two increases in doseage the Depression is unchanged"

ColRanger (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Suffered with depression since early teens, but hit rock bottom when a friend committed suicide, I could no longer work, couldn't eat, had panic attacks and became suicidal. After 3-4 weeks of taking Prozac I began feeling like a normal person and after 6 weeks I felt happier than I could ever remember being for years. Prozac has saved me, will happily stay on it for life if this is how it makes me feel."

Rachel- March 3, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "This is my third medication I've tried for my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. I was first on fluvoxamine and Klonopin and those did nothing but make me a zombie. A month into Prozac while I was feeling the side effects of dizziness and whatnot everything just turned back on. Literally it's like someone turned the lights on. All I can say is it takes time, don't be discouraged. Also pay attention to what you take with it. I was on Zoloft and was getting extremely dizzy. Prozac doesn't agree with certain medications and definitely not caffeine. For the most part though I went from having panic attacks so bad they felt like heart attacks to being completely calm and "normal"."

Anonymous_0989 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "Been on and off Prozac for depression. Very effective for turning negative thoughts into positive ones, increased energy and motivation to get things done and get through the day, less fatigue from stress and worry, better sleep at night, better appetite, able to cope with life's stressors, feel like spending more time with friends and family and doing activities when not depressed, more social/talkative when not depressed, increased confidence when not feeling anxious or depressed. In better health, feel more in control of my life, more optimistic and positive."

Anonymous female (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Works great for: anxiety, depression, OCD, PMS, IBS, coping with stress, fibromyalgia, sleeping better, low immunity from stress, headache prevention, helps you think positive rather than negative thoughts. Negative side effects include daytime fatigue, dry mouth, agitation/hyperactivity, harder to orgasm, harder to feel in love/emotional numbness, vivid dreams."

Anonymous female (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I suffered extreme depression very much when my mum passed over and the doctor put me on these. They helped me think straight and think about all the bad things I'm still on them but only take one or two a week that keeps me happy and normal."

tomo15 February 22, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I was diagnosed with parasuicide and major depressive disorder. I also suffer from obsessions, rather than compulsions, and have anxiety. This was supposed to be a cure-all for me until I started having VIVID nightmares that I thought only happened because I was maybe sleeping better. Turns out, Prozac made me lose sleep and I would wake up crying with my heart pounding. My brother had died, so having vivid nightmares related to him dying and other people dying was absolutely intolerable. I would lay in bed and cry because I was afraid to go to sleep. I would force myself to stay up so I didn't have to dream. It was a living nightmare. I had no idea that that was a possible side effect, and the medicine was put on my allergy list."

Horrid dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was on Paxil 40mg for years and my anxiety was very minimal. I switched to Prozac couple of months ago because I thought the weight gain and side effects from Paxil was too much. Now after about 8 weeks on Prozac 20mg my anxiety isn't getting better and I'm often dealing with anxiety/panic again. My Np tried to switch me from 20 mg daily to 40mg 3 days a week but I thought that was making anxiety worse. "

Paulied February 16, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I was on 10mg Prozac for general anxiety and panic attacks for 2 years. I had no side effects and my panic attacks decreased tremendously. However I recently started having them again so my doc worked me up to 40mg/day. I feel happy. But I feel like it is too much. I don't feel love anymore, and I feel like my emotions are so flat that although I'm not getting the panic attacks, I would almost rather deal with them than be unable to feel emotions. I have been dating a guy for 2 years, and all of a sudden after being on 40mg daily for six weeks I don't feel like I'm in love with him anymore. I can't tell if it is because of the medication or if it is actually me. I will be talking to my doc about decreasing my dose to 20mg."

Vizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 14, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "This medicine is life changing. Was always so angry around getting my period. Mood swings, crazy thoughts, like wanting to leave my husband for no reason. It saved my marriage, so much happier now. It's a blessing."

Hilifechanged (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Helps with depression and anxiety."

bkms (taken for 10 years or more) February 8, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I suffered panic attacks and anxiety most of my life but started having several a day after a move and job change. I tried Zoloft 25 mg first and had extreme jitteriness, nausea and shaking (sertraline reaction). My doctor switched me to a low dose of Prozac to start with (5 mg...half a 10 mg tablet). After 2 weeks he moved me to 10 mg but I had nausea and shakiness. He said to go back to 5 mg. I had to continue Xanax as needed for my first month. The attacks slowly became less severe then disappeared. 1 month now since an attack and I only take 5 mg. This has changed my life."

panic_bug February 7, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Started with awful upset stomach, but that's now passed and we've progressed to a constant nagging headache that painkillers won't touch. Also feeling shaky with it, physically gittery- but these are all common symptoms so I'm sticking with it as in the long run these symptoms will fade. I'm on 20mg daily, my appetite has vanished so forcing myself to eat. Sleep is disturbed by weird dreams and general restlessness. So overall feeling exhausted. Sticking with it, feeling positive that once my body adapts I will feel the effects!"

Katezz124 February 2, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I honestly feel that this medication saved my sanity and my life. After going through an extreme amount of stress in a short time, and then having a miscarriage, I started having extreme panic attacks out of the blue. I was having them almost every day; one night I was laying in the couch for four hours shaking uncontrollably and thinking I was going to die. Finally saw a psychiatrist who put me on 20 mg of Prozac per day. At first, it made me dizzy and gave me headaches, and I couldn't sleep. I was ready to give up and try something else, but finally after about 6-7 full weeks, I started to feel better and the panic attacks stopped. Haven't had an attack in over 3 months and I feel like myself again. I am also taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin to sleep."

Relieved7 February 1, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "It works really well my mood and depression are better. My only possible complaint is a constant upset stomach."

Happy Seahorse January 27, 2015

For Depression: "This isn't a miracle pill but it does help. I'm a bigger girl was very depressed wasn't focused, couldn't and wouldn't do nothing lazy but this has helped me with my depression helped me lose weight and helped with my feelings. Love this I'm so clam and happy."

Jlo Marie January 24, 2015