User Reviews for Fluoxetine

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Premature Ejaculation 0 reviews 0 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 28 medications

2.7
Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
PANDAS Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 605 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Fluoxetine

For Depression: "It's difficult to explain the side effect I experience using fluoxetine. I can only describe it as lightening flashes in my mind that briefly cause a feeling of confusion as well as momentary losses in my concentration. Physically speaking, I just get an unpleasant sensation thats comparable to the light headed feeling you get when you stand up too fast after getting out of bed, but luckily there's no pain involved."

Pliscan (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "Been on this medicine for 2 weeks now and definitely starting to feel less anxious and I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill anymore!! Also not as afraid in social situations and ocd that someone will break in my house and kidnap me and my kids is gone and I can actually sleep at night now. I hope this continues because living in constant fear is no way to live!"

ceebeed79799 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

For Depression: "I've been taking this medication for 10 months. It has really saved my relationship. I was always moody, crabby & wanted to be alone! I also have PMDD and it has helped with that too. The only down side is my decrease in sexual drive. It is now hurting my relationship."

Anonymous April 13, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "For whatever reason I began to experience social anxiety and panic attacks,now when I think back,at least 2 years ago. But I didn't understand what was happening to me. At first I thought I simply developed a bad attitude toward people. My work started to be effected. I couldn't recall work procedures, I had problems putting my words together to speak, I would get extremely nervous in social settings, scared to ask questions, fear of everyone talking about me, sometimes I just didn't want to leave out my house. I was stressed over little issues, talking in my sleep, fatigue, sluggish, slow to respond. I can go on and on. I had been on Welbutrin daily and Xanax as needed. My doctor prescribed Prozac to me three days ago. It works !!!!I"

Noosie91 April 10, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "It didnt seem to help me"

JuJu23 April 8, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Bulimia: "Prozac has been great! I was so worried to start taking it that I read a million reviews and almost didn't take it but I'm so glad I did. It has been a life saver!"

misspippainpink April 7, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I'm 22. Had been suffering with depression and a little social anxiety since I was about 12. I finally mustered up the courage to talk to a doctor and he prescribed me Prozac. I have been on it a month now and I'm doing a whole lot better with the depression but not so much my anxiety. The first 2-3 days were the worst I have had in a long time. But after those I started feeling great. It makes me drowsy and I'm able to have sex normally but I can never finish."

FrankTS2G (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I am 22 and have been taking prozac for almost two months now. Before I started taking it, my life was a wreck. There were only two weeks out of every month when I felt semi-normal/happy. The rest of the time, I was miserable. I would lay in my bed and cry, thinking my life was ending for no reason. There was nothing bad happening in my life, but my mind would make me think everyone hated me and that I was disgusting. I was overemotional all the time and constantly to torturing myself with sad thoughts. I put off going to see a psychiatrist for so long because of the stigma. I regret it so much. Had I gone on this medication sooner, so many of my relationships could have been saved and I could have been truly enjoying my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "Let's see. When I first started this Med was for depression and anxiety. Within a month I felt good, after two months great! I stopped taking it thinking I could manage and that made me worse after 3-6 months. I had to get back on it plus klonopin for the anxiety. Well I did it again, i started running out and couldn't afford to go to the doctor so I was talking it every other day.... I think it made it less effective. I've been so depressed, tired, anxious, dizzy etc... I was able to afford to go back the weeks ago and get my refills... So I'm three weeks in... Still feeling down and out. But I know I've got to give it the full 6-8 weeks. Just never get off!! It works well if taken right."

Melanie8890909 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 30, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "It's a good antidepressant, for mild depression, and food related issues. Took it long ago, was not enough by itlself, so I needed to combine it with other antidepressants. Sexual effects, sense of nothing really matters, mild happiness, long time, 3 weeks to kick in, and tends to pop out in about 2-3 months."

San Pio March 26, 2015

For Depression: "I've been taking 10mg for five weeks and I feel nothing but worse - more sluggish, more depressed, more unfocused, and not just depressed as I was but angry and depressed."

Leta B (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been dealing with Major Depressive Disorder for 9 years of my life, along with PTSD, and severe anxiety. I have been on so many different medications for depression, and have found that Prozac is the only anti-depressant that works for me. I have been as low as 10 mg, now currently on 20 mg. I am considering going to 30 mg. I have to see how I feel in the next number of days. I have been on this medication steadily for 6 months or so. I do have face twitches, but they are very minor and don't come very often. It really does help me get out into the world, and not be so affected by things emotionally. It's crucial to my well being and emotional state, and has prevented me from hurting myself for a long time."

etherealmoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Prozac really saved my life 6 years ago when I was suffering from major Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Insomnia related to it. Tried to stop it few times but always had to come back. No sexual side effects even at 40mg/day. Unofortunately it seemed that the medicine had pooped-out on me after 5 years and I currently started taking Paxil."

Jeff235235 March 24, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I have been battling severe depression for most of my life, and at 30 years old I finally decided to seek help. I was prescribed 10 mg at first and it has been gradually increased at different increments over the last year and a half. I am currently taking 60 mg Prozac daily. Taking Prozac has definitely helped my moods, but no pill is a fix-all. I recommend counseling also. I have had some issues with weight gain and loss of libido. I've noticed that once I have been on a stable dosage for a while, the libido does come back."

blue eyz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been taking 90mg once a week for 6 weeks now. It has helped my depression and quality of life so much. Until this last week I have been having back to back anxiety/ panic attacks and I'm not sure what to do about it yet because of the benefits..... Does this go away? My chest hurts and I'm basically vibrating now every time it happens...."

LbUnforgettable March 22, 2015

Prozac Weekly (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have had major depressive Dissorder since I was 13 years of age. Had pretty much come to terms with the fact that this was going to be lifelong thing. Been to therapy, groups, and tried other meds like regular & generic Prozac, plus took Paxil for a little while. Prozac Weekly has been the ONLY thing that has made a huge difference for me other than being very careful about eating healthy. I forget to take daily meds so only taking it once a week is a bonus. The first time I took Prozac Weekly it took about 2-3 weeks to really "kick in" but once it did the difference was like night & day. Is this how normal people feel? You mean I can feel like this everyday? Not sure if it will be the same for you, just my positive experience. Good luck."

GoKnightsKatieKutie23 March 21, 2015

For Depression: "I was on Sertraline for a year but then I stopped taking sertraline because the medication stopped working and this was causing problems to me and my school life. I have now been prescribed Fluoxetine from my Doctor and I have noticed the side effects instantly such as feeling anxious restlessness. The medication has helped with life at home, me and my mum have been getting on better and not arguing my social relationships have improved to an extent but not inside school that is where I am having the problems. which is a main concern for me. once I go back to the Doctor in a few weeks time, she expects to see a diary plan of my days and how my mood is changing. I will also explain about my anxieties."

Mccarthy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "Most of my life I have struggled with severe panic attacks, general anxiety, PTSD & moderate depression. Been on meds twice before until I felt better & then I would stop taking them. This last time it had been close to a year that I had been suffering again before I decided to reluctantly go back on meds. I tried Celexa again- it worked kinda okay in the past but this time it made no improvement for me. Saw the doc who switched me to Prozac- all I can say is WOW! Best yet- I feel like my old, happy self after only 1 month! 10mg the first week, 15 the second and 20mg the last two. Give it time to work & be patient- it might make you feel a bit off & not better at first, but it is a miracle drug. These bad feelings will pass hang in there!"

DavidKirsch38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Most of my life I have struggled with severe panic attacks, general anxiety, PTSD & moderate depression. Been on meds twice before until I felt better & then I would stop taking them. This last time it had been close to a year that I had been suffering again before I decided to reluctantly go back on meds. I tried Celexa again- it worked kinda okay in the past but this time it made no improvement for me. Saw the doc who switched me to Prozac- all I can say is WOW! Best yet- I feel like my old, happy self after only 1 month! 10mg the first week, 15 the second and 20mg the last two. Give it time to work & be patient- it might make you feel a bit off & not better at first, but it is a miracle drug. These bad feelings will pass hang in there!"

DavidKirsch38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

For Depression: "I have been on the med (20mg) for about 3 week for depression. Luckily no side effects and already feel loads better . Don't get me wrong, I have had the odd really low day but don't we all! But positives feel I can cope lots better plus not eating for the sake of eating . Still got to help myself to get motivated. Wished I was honest with myself years ago and went on medication."

leigh97 March 14, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was on this medicine for two weeks, i felt fine even a little happier, but for 3 days straight I went into a major depression, I have stopped taking it."

Kendall221 March 10, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have always had anxiety however about 7 months ago I began to have panic attacks walking to the shops by myself walking to work, I thought I was going to pass out it was awful. Then one day I just couldn't walk to work, I got half way then I was convinced I was going to faint so walked home. I then realized how out of control my anxiety had become my partner went with me the doctor prescribed me 20mg tablets (once a day). The first 2 weeks my anxiety was definitely heightened it felt like I was losing the plot. However within a month I found myself walking to the shops and work feeling fine. I haven't had a panic attack for over 2 months, I wish I had started this medication sooner I now feel normal again."

Annouska March 8, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Wife forced me to go to the doctors for work related stress and I was prescribed Fluoxetine. 4 days later she said I'd had a personality change over night. I feel so much better. No more grumps or irrtations which believe it or not, I'm having a hard time coming to terms with because I seriously didn't realise I was that bad."

Geefeye (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Helped control Anger issue but after 90 days and two increases in doseage the Depression is unchanged"

ColRanger (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2015

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Suffered with depression since early teens, but hit rock bottom when a friend committed suicide, I could no longer work, couldn't eat, had panic attacks and became suicidal. After 3-4 weeks of taking Prozac I began feeling like a normal person and after 6 weeks I felt happier than I could ever remember being for years. Prozac has saved me, will happily stay on it for life if this is how it makes me feel."

Rachel- March 3, 2015