User Reviews for Symbyax

Learn more about Symbyax.

Depression 13 reviews 76 medications

9.2
Bipolar Disorder 25 reviews 32 medications

8.2
Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Symbyax reviews 38 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Symbyax

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Symbyax for about 3 yrs.and it works great. Slept like a log, my emotions were suppressed (not sure if that's good or bad). I was recently changed to generic and I am having problems with mood swings and even worse weight gain."

Tbirdnurse (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2015

For Depression "Was on Luvox 100mg and Dr decided to change my medicine to symbiax, just had a baby and was emotional all the time and feeling lonely and also felt unhappy. He also prescribed me some anxiety medication since I was going through anxiety as well. How long will I see a change with symbiax?"

ereyna May 29, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on this medication for 2 months and this is the best I have felt in the 4 years since I was diagnosed with bipolar I. Only problem is I've gained about 10 pounds."

labajista (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Great medicine. I used Symbyax 3/25 before for depression and it helped a lot. I am taking it now for bipolar it has helped a lot really. The bad thing is the excess appetite, weight gains. But I don't care about the weight as long as it helps me out."

Yors (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "While it helped with the disorder, I gained 40 lbs in 5 months. I stopped taking it 6 months ago and I already lost 30 lbs."

Jeff1994 January 16, 2015

For Depression "I was self medicating myself after my mom passed away. I was abusing pain pills, I had panic attacks and stayed depressed. I was mean and thought everyone was out to get me, bad with money and did not have time for my wife and two boys. I stayed ill but after a week of taking it I changed on happy no more mood swings. My wife said she can tell a big difference we always together now and I get along with everyone feel way better the only bad it's hard to get off during sex, everything works fine just can't finish not sure why."

dw1987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2014

For Depression "This medicine is wonderful so far and only been on it for 4 days. I already see improvements. I gave it a nine so far because I am still having some brain fog and headaches but hopefully that will go away. I have tried numerous medicines for major depression that has been going on 9 months with no relief. Well this has totally helped. I just hope things keep getting better."

krissyb (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2013

For Depression "This medicine is really a lifesaver. Nothing worked. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. A stint in a psychiatric hospital left them fighting over whether I was borderline or bipolar. I went through a real bad, horrid suicidal period. I just sobbed to my doctor, and he put me on this. I think I may have felt tired on this medication at first. But the changes were AMAZING! I could stay up all day, laugh and smile like I USED to! I had energy and motivation! This medication changed my life so radically and made the dark cloud go away! I stopped crying all the time. The suicidal thoughts went away. Just beware, I was very skinny and gained 83 pounds."

LunaB (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I don't get majorly depressed any more or suicidal. My only problem is being so tired all the time. I used to work a lot and be up for days sometimes and required only 3-5 hours of sleep per night. Now sometimes I do nothing but sleep for as long as 5-6 days only getting up to eat, shower and use the bathroom. My energy level has gone from 9 to 3 on a good day. Marriage is in trouble too. I've had dosage adjustments all over the place and am back to my starting dose of 3/25. 6/50 was the worst. Now taking an additional 20mg of fluoxetine during the day but it doesn't help so I'm stopping that. I'll stick with the lowest dose and start drinking coffee or something to get me going. I'm a 52 year old male in good shape. No reason for the tiredness."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on this medication for over 4 years now. I was able to go to Nursing school and have been working in the field now for almost 2 years. I'm less anxious, I don't get frustrated. I'm calmer. I did gain almost 60 pounds. This has been an issue for me. I also noticed that I'm not in tune as much spiritually which is an issue for me. I stay on the medicine because I have never functioned as well on anything else. I don't cry much, seems like my emotions are hidden somewhat. I'm not sure I like that. I have thought about getting off of the medicine for a while just to see what happens, but afraid of what might happen, so I continue to take it. All in all it has been a good experience."

Hanging in there. May 23, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "After years of feeling as though I were slowly losing my mind to ruminations, agitation, depression, lack of focus and general brain-cooties, it finally dawned on me that I was bipolar and I sought treatment. You may read the other positive reviews on here and think they could be written by manufacturers, but you may be underestimating the efficacy of this medication, it is truly amazing. I feel like I did when I was a younger man, before mental illness took hold in my life. My mind is unencumbered and clear. I feel normal! I still can get sad, I still get annoyed by things, I still feel enthusiasm, but it's tempered, appropriate emotion. Symbyax is great. Try it. Minimal weight gain, by the way."

Mr.Satisfied (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Symbyax a few years ago for a month. It was great made me feel happy again and happy about life. Since I suffer real bad mood swings and other stress related issues I stop taking it and it and have not been good without it. Started taking it again. The only knock is you get a crazy appetite and can gain weight if you don't workout and Cotton mouth for days but other than that its a miracle."

pito1982 February 13, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Symbyax for over 5 years, off and on, but consistently for the last 3. I have found that when I'm on it, I feel like me again. I am not moody, snappy, or self-destructive. When I was manic I engaged in promiscuous activity, large spending and shopping sprees, when I didn't have the money I would turn to stealing. When I was down I could be bed ridden for days, sometimes weeks. I would not go into work, was suicidal and ultimately hospitalized on different occasions at my worst. I was started on many different medications and combinations, but also being an epileptic (also caused some depression) my Dr's and I had to be careful with medicines Symbyax, Depakote, and Trazodone worked! I feel great."

~My Girl Friday~ January 11, 2013

For Depression "Have been on it for about two weeks now, so far so good. The only thing it did good for the first week on my panic disorder but unfortunately the panic attacks came back. I am on the lowest dose available so hopefully if the doctor ups it, it will take care of it. As for the depression it has worked good. "

tbi2 October 19, 2011

For Depression "I created this account just to tell my experience with this medicine. I literally had almost given up on life. My depression and anxiety were on a downward spiral and it was destroying my quality of life, relationships and school. I have tried almost every kind of medicine possible to include Effexor XR, Adderall, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Paxil and Prozac alone. Within a week, I have never felt better in my life, I'm a new person. My head feels clear, calm and optimistic. I take it before bed, which knocks me out. I love it because my racing mind kept me up all the time. At first its hard to wake up, but now I wake up alert and chipper, before I literally would sleep for two days straight. This has changed my life so much. "

Nightshaded September 25, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Symbyax for almost two weeks. It has been a tremendous help. Only thing I'm worried about is the cost! But this seems to be my wonder drug, I'm happier, healthier, more energetic, on and on. It's amazing! Only problem I would say is I sleep like a rock and it's hard to wake me up, so that can be a good and a bad thing. Good because I need more sleep, bad because if something were to happen you wouldn't be able to wake me up! I still love it though. 9/10 for inability to wake up and cost. I've been on several other medications for months waiting for it to take effect. On this one I felt better after 4 days. "

Happy Customer August 25, 2011

For Depression "I have been taking Symbyax for 2 years. It saved my life! The biggest problems I have are no energy, weight gain, and the cost. Would I quit taking it? NO!"

Anonymous July 22, 2011

For Depression "I have been on oxycodone and NSAIDS for 4 years now due to chronic back pain. The past few months it was difficult to lay down and sleep. So my primary doctor decided to try some antidepressants to see if that helped me sleep. Started out with Cymbalta and that had way to many side effects for me, plus it didn't help with the sleep. Then he had me try Symbyax first at 3mg then try the 6mg. The 6mg was too much but low and behold the 3mg not only helped me to sleep but I sure could tell I was in a better mood than before. "

Steve Boykin April 25, 2011

For Depression "A life changing medication! I have tried almost every antidepressant out there, combinations, the works. I never realized how ineffective they were until now. I was on Prozac alone and it wasn't doing anything but keeping me up at night. I was completely hopeless about two weeks ago. So hopeless I thought I needed to be committed. My psych doctor called this his "nuclear weapon". I didn't believe anything would help, but the difference is unbelievable. It does increase appetite so I couldn't give it a 10, but this is one amazingly effective medication for me!"

Anonymous February 9, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "Miracle medicine. I am not the same person. My mind stopped racing, thought I had OCD but that hyperness is gone. I am easier to be with and around, sleep better. Have had no weight gain. I forget a bit more it seems but can live with that. Don't snap at people, calmer, overall just better."

Anonymous February 2, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Symbyax for 3 weeks. I cannot believe the difference its made in my life. I was always against anti-depressants since all I had tried made me feel worse. I haven't had energy or motivation like this in, I cant remember how long! It is hard to wake up if I take it too late in the evening. I'm afraid of the weight gain but I think it would be worth it. I am only giving it a 9 since it is so expensive and I have no insurance."

Anonymous November 23, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "Helps against sadness, and strongly counters moderate urges to drink at a stressful, confusing time in my life."

Anonymous October 17, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking this medication for over a year. One excellent side effect is that my insomnia is gone. I almost gave up on trying antidepressants as nothing seemed to work for me. Then I was prescribed Symbyax and my life changed for the better in just a few days! This medication is definitely worth a try if you have depression or bi-polar disorder."

Mr. Ed August 11, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar I, four years ago. I have been on Symbyax for two years. This medicine is really awesome but after a while it loses effectiveness. Will see about increasing dosage."

timmay June 3, 2010

For Bipolar Disorder "The first couple of weeks I was flying high on this medicine. The high does eventually come down, but overall I am able to function much better in my everyday life. The weight gain is an issue. If I wasn't a pretty lean person already the weight would be an issue. Thankfully the weight gain has been good for me. The only thing is, I wish, the sweet cravings are unbearable at times. I could eat two pints of ice cream in a sitting--I know scary. For now, the medicine is working. I am not a big on medicine but I would have to say it is doing the job. Good luck to anyone who is skeptical, as I was at one time. But if life can me a little better, why not?"

Anonymous November 15, 2009