User Reviews for Fluocinonide

Also known as: Dermacin, Fluex, Fluocinonide-E, Licon, Lidex, Lidex-E, Vanos

Learn more about Fluocinonide.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Atopic Dermatitis 4 reviews 249 medications

7.7
Summary of Fluocinonide reviews 22 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Fluocinonide

For Psoriasis: "I was diagnosed with psoriasis about 3 yrs ago after years of being told it was dandruff on my scalp and eczema on my face. When I told my doctor it seemed to flare up when my arthritis did he realized I had Psoriatic Rheumatoid Arthritis. Long story short...he told me to use this and every time my face flares up I use it the night before and in the morn it's 90% gone. I'm only 38...I know the shot would be better but I have no side effects from this. The shot I would. I recommend the solution over the cream or gel."

ShelG June 5, 2015

For Granuloma Annulare: "Went to the derm dr, she gave me an rx for Vanos and a coupon for a free trial..... loved it , it works great for my condition..... need more but no coupons available at this time from derm dr.... and my insurance is bad. It would cost me over $1250.00 I can not afford that, so I am suffering with flare ups and I am out of medicine...."

ziz j April 16, 2015

For Dermatitis: "Cleared up the eczema sores & eliminated the itching within 2 weeks....unfortunately , the condition started to reappear a few days after I stopped using it. After a 2 week break, my Dr. wants me to try another course of it."

Burro (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2015

For Lichen Planus: "I have tried dozens of treatments. Fluocinonide is the only one that helps."

katcorn (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2014

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Psoriasis: "I used this one time and my skin looked better after"

Anonymous September 4, 2014

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I've been using it for 5 months now for atopic dermatitis and it doesn't work. Sure it makes you feel good having a prescription medicine and applying it to the infected areas, but the truth is I am no better than when I was using over the counter tar products. I've been through 8 tubes of this cream 0.5% cream and have one more refill to go. What's next?"

realunlucky August 23, 2014

For Psoriasis: "I always have had psoriasis of the scalp but recently it has started on one armpit. It is very uncomfortable so my mom who is a nurse gave me a tube of this. It worked within a day but I lost out and it broke out terribly bad like I thought nothing could help it. I found the tube and it looked awesome after just one day. Just finished my second day and it had faded quite a bit more. I'm sure it won't be long till its completely gone. Can't wait. It's the summer and I can't always keep my arms down."

sidebottom (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2014

For Atopic Dermatitis: "It works !"

Leatherguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2014

For Dermatitis: "Given for Poison Ivy rash and does seem to deaden the itchiness exceptionally well. I received relief within about 15 minutes. It almost numbed the overwhelming itch which I had on my nose. Fantastic results and highly recommend. My skin is very sensitive to most items but this cream doesn't bother me at the .05 strength. "

Female57 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2014

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Psoriasis: "While I was pregnant my psoriasis freaked out. It went all over my body. I could see a difference every day until it was gone. One of the only medicines that didn't set my skin on fire."

Kaboom September 20, 2013

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Psoriasis: "Did not phase my psoriasis in any way. It did manage to take my fingertips off the fingers I was using to apply it. I would have thought it was pretty strong based on that. But did nothing for my patches."

Miemieknotts (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2013

For Lichen Planus: "I had a severe case of erosive Lichen Planus on the inside of my cheek and gum surfaces, painful and increasing in area affected by the day. This was the second steroid prescribed, the first was an oral rinse used 4-6 times per day. When no result was seen my oral surgeon prescribed fluocinonide get used 3-4 times daily. The lesions responded almost immediately to the treatment and after two weeks my mouth is healed and pain fee. I am using the gel once per day as a maintenance and go back to the doctor next week."

Fionasmom January 17, 2013

Lidex (fluocinonide) for : "I have a condition called Hailey-Hailey on my arm pits and have for over 20 years. I tried everything and nothing worked. Lidex was and is the only thing that has worked."

Anonymous January 10, 2012

For Dermatitis: "I have had a periodic skin rash on my legs that comes and goes, usually in the winter months but can appear any time. This cream clears this condition up in a matter of days. I recommend it."

Anonymous October 8, 2011

Lidex (fluocinonide) for : "I was diagnosed with Pemphigus years ago. I was given all sorts of medication and this was the only one that got me a relief. After 1-2 applications, my sores disappeared. I used the ones given as samples to the specialist who treated me for the problem. I used Synalar on my face and received intradermal shots in my head to take care of the numerous sores on my scalp."

Anonymous August 2, 2011

For Dermatitis: "I have contact dermatitis on my elbows and armpits and the cause is still unknown but the doctors gave me fluocinonide ointment to put on it and all it did was take the redness away, it didnt stop the itching or take away the raised bumps."

Anonymous June 26, 2011

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I have rashes on my ankles, calves, arms and I also have itching places without a rash on the palms of my hands and my thighs. My doctor prescribed Fluocinonide USP, 0.05% a month ago. But it still has not gotten rid of the rashes or itching. I'll be able to see a dermatologist in about a week, and hope to get some answers then. I am taking a heart medication (Multaq) which warns against being in the sun. Now I'm wondering if it caused me to have a sun-allergy rash."

Grandmere June 14, 2010

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I love this cream! I use it on my back where I had an acute case of Atopic Dermatitis, it cleared up in NO TIME. Since reading the other ratings, I will try it on my scalp where I have plaques of psoriasis. I have psoriatic arthritis and atopic dermatitis mixed in on my back and face."

Nissi March 12, 2010

For Dermatitis: "Works very well for contact dermatitis etc., better than any store bought cortisone. One rash I had for years was cleared in 1 use. Now I use on occasion at first signs of re-occurrence. I had some conditions that it did not help. If it does not clear in a week or so, get the doctor to do some kind of test to find out whats really wrong (most likely virus or fungus). 45 year white male. No obvious side effects."

Anonymous February 28, 2010

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Psoriasis: "Easy to use on scalp conditions compared to oils. Can burn a little, but two thorough applications will clear up the problem for 7 to 10 days. Apply once a week before a break out and it keeps the problem under control. I have been using it for 3 months and no side effects yet. I have a full head of hair, my scalp can get really bad and this works. I am a 62 yr. old white male."

Anonymous November 7, 2009

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Dermatitis: "My dermatologist provided me with several sample tubes of Lidex to treat a mysterious rash, which he thought was a fungal infection, that recurred in the same spot on my skin several times. It worked like a charm, and since then, I have used it sparingly whenever I get a stubborn jock itch that won't go away with anything else. My doctor warned me it can thin the skin, so I use it as little as possible but the good news is a single thin application is usually sufficient to knock out whatever is troubling my skin and soothes the itching in such a way that it doesn't come back again for months and months. I think it's a very, very good medication for stubborn itching, when other remedies aren't helping."

RRRSSSKKK January 2, 2009

For Psoriasis: "I have used this medicine (by Taro) for more than 30 years, for psoriasis on my elbows, knees and ankles. I have experienced no side effects and for the last 2 years my psoriasis has gone. The coverage area was not great so I did not use huge amounts of this ointment. I still use it intermitently today."

Anonymous November 16, 2008

Lidex (fluocinonide) for Dermatitis: "At the start of every summer for 5 years my son gets the worst mystery rash on his back (Contact Dermatitis) they call it. We just can't figure out what that contact is. It has itched so badly in the past that he had actually scratched himself bloody and had to be sedated at the ER. Finally his doctor prescribed Lidex 0.05% and almost instant relief. It's been amazing. No side affects to date for him. I don't know who created it but Thank you."

riccas77 July 2, 2008

For Psoriasis: "I tried all kinds of different thing for my son and this stuff is working fast clearing it up quick"

national_guardbrat87 June 22, 2008