User Reviews for Tri-Luma

Learn more about Tri-Luma.

Melasma 9 reviews 1 medications

9.8
Summary of Tri-Luma reviews 9 reviews 9.8

Reviews for Tri-Luma

Review by Camontoy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Melasma: First time I have seen my cheeks in years! Prescribed by my regular doctor, and unfortunately not covered by insurance this ran me about $150 for the tube, but if you are like me - I spent many more dollars trying everything else. This is working, so it has been worth every penny! In 1 week I thought I was imagining things because the doc said to give it several weeks to make a difference. In 2 weeks, there was no denying a difference. I am at 3 weeks now, and I can hardly make out where my melasma once was, and had been there for almost 3 years. This has been a miracle for me, and I hope this review will steer someone to have a similar experience as I have had. Best of luck to you!

February 1, 2014 2:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Melasma: For over a year I had dark marks on my face from the sun. I used several of spots remover cream and nothing worked. I went to the Dermatologist and he prescribed Tri Luma. I used for 2 weeks and my spots were getting cleared. I have use it for 3 weeks and I love this cream. My cheeks are red most of the time but it really works. It doesn't dry my skin, it just appears as if I wear blush. I use sunscreen when I am out of the house.

August 2, 2013 10:36 AM

Review by Lynn29 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Melasma: Tri-luma is effective and it didn't irritate my skin.

November 17, 2012 3:19 AM

Review by Atxqtpie:

For Melasma: Despite the peeling skin around my eyes, it works great.

January 4, 2011 3:52 PM

For Melasma: I was told by two plastic surgeons the only thing that would remove my dark spots was laser. Several treatments at that and at a cost of $1500-$3000. I will admit may spots were very dark and covered most of my face. I was at my dermatologist for an unrelated problem and asked about Tri-Luma, which I had seen an advertisement for. He prescribed it for me and I cannot say how happy I am with the results. It is an expensive medicine (not anywhere close to laser) but it works. Also check around on prices. My husband noticed a difference within the first week and my family is amazed how light my spots are. I have been on it for about 6 months. I go off for awhile and then start back . Use sunscreen.

September 24, 2010 7:35 PM

Review by Very frustrated:

For Melasma: I woke up one morning with dark spots all over my face. My nose and forehead was completely covered. I tried everything! When I say everything, I really mean everything. Even 2 chemical peels at the plastic surgeons office. I have been dealing with this for about 3 years now. Finally, after 3 plastic surgeons and their skin expert in the office, I went to the dermatologist. She prescribed Tri-Luma. Very Expensive! $220 and not covered by insurance. It worked! The dark areas were going away. I ran out and the dark spots came back. GREAT STUFF! I worry about how long to use it.

June 6, 2010 4:05 PM

Review by tep1:

For Melasma: I used Tri-Luma on a dark acne scar on my face and in exactly 1 week the scar had begun to vanish and was barely noticeable.

April 19, 2010 6:13 PM

For Melasma: I've spent a lot of money on over the counter skin lightening creams to treat my moderate/severe melasma. Only tri-luma has worked to improve the appearance of this unsightly skin condition. My friends immediately noticed when I used it. Although it is expensive and requires a prescription, I can say it is an excellent product and will definitely improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation, sun spots, freckles or melasma. I highly recommend this product and only caution that it is most potent the first several applications, so only use a thin layer and apply every other day at the beginning.

March 24, 2009 5:58 PM

For Melasma: I used Tri Luma for about 4 months and it works great! The first week I used it every night and my skin became dry, so I cut back to 4 days a week and that did the trick. My skin discoloration smoothed out and the fine lines around my eyes and mouth became less noticable. I highly recommend this product.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2008 2:58 PM

More about Tri-Luma (fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical)

Professional resources