User Reviews for Tri-Luma

Learn more about Tri-Luma.

Tri-Luma Review Summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1 medications used in the treatment of Melasma.

Reviews for Tri-Luma to treat Melasma

"For about 5 months I struggled with melasma from birth control pills. I originally thought it was just from a bad sunburn but I finally decided to go to my dermatologist. She prescribed tri luma. It cost around $120 (insurance did not cover) but I have to say it was worth it. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and the brown splotches on my face are almost all gone. I saw improvement in a week. My only regret is that I did not visit the dermatologist sooner to get it!! Its a lot of money but it definitely works. Very excited to not look like a star trek character anymore ;)"

KP123 August 25, 2015

"I have acne scars as well as hypo and hyper pigmentation. My skin was a mess. My dermatologist recommended tri luma after trying everything under the sun (from microdermabrasion, to chemical peels, I even tried laser treatments). The cream has worked wonders! It has been just three months and my skin looks great. Everything is fading. The cream, while expensive, lasts a long time. I bet I get 4 months out of my first tube. While I paid $127, that only averages out to about $30 a month. Not bad at all! The only downside to this cream is that you do have to be VERY careful around the corners of your mouth and open sores."

Hoosierdog (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

"Just a few days and I see the improvements. I too have been wearing heavy makeup and can't wait to stop. You can get the prescription filled at Costco just over $100 with membership. I initially went in to the dermatologist thinking I would end up paying for expensive laser treatment and was relieved to only have to spend $100. This prescription works a whole lot better than hydroquinone on its own."

AOrd (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2015

"I been on it for a week and my face spots have cleared up. Before the cream I tried many products even a facial peel and nothing work.I'm so glad I got this cream. I went to skin spectrum and I had a great dermatologist recommend tri luma . I'm so happy with my results"

Yessenia Morando (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

"I've been dealing with acne for over a year now which has resulted in unsightly dark spots around the sides of my face and forehead. I've used numerous chemical peels and microdermabrasion's which did not help. Finally I seen a dermatologist who prescribed Tri-Luma, and I can honestly say that it has only been a week and my dark spots are almost unnoticeable! This is TRULY a miracle in a tube! This cream is not covered with Aetna insurance, they consider this for cosmetic purposes. Retail price is about $160, but I found a coupon online which dropped the price to $110. I would definitely recommend this to ANYONE who has dark spots from acne scars!"

Chinovia July 28, 2015

"I had dark spots on my nose, forehead and chin. I use a cream almost every night for a 1,5 month and spots disappeared. It has been almost 7 years and and I noticed a small spots on my cheek and neck so I am going to try again"

Diana!!!!!!!! July 27, 2015

"I absolutely LOVE this product!!!! For several years I have been battling my dark spots on my upper lip and cheeks. I just couldn't go anywhere without packing on a heavy coat of makeup. Thanks to my wonderful dermatologist that recommended "Tri-Luma". I'm happy to say I don't need the heavy cover-up makeup or any makeup at all. I notice the results within a week. It is a bit pricey, however i was able to find several coupons on the web. The total price was only $100, and sooooooo worth it!!!"

Patty CLEAR cakes (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

"I'm brown skin and tri luma didn't work for me. As soon as I started to use tri luma I notice my dark spots was beginning to become darker, I was very upset with the result of my dark marks becoming darker after a week I discontinue to use. I think that this product is only for light skin people."

Sade- (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

"I'm 44 yrs. old and it worked for me with in a week. This product is worth every penny!!"

CC1 July 10, 2015

"It works. Very good product"

Kolovivi June 28, 2015

"I just want to say that I am amazed!! I'm 37 and had severe malasma for over 3 years but thanks to Tri-luma it has changed my life and my confidence again. I'm almost 4 weeks in. Maas results after 1 week and amazing between 3-4 week. I don't have to wear such heavy makeup anymore !!!! So happy . I highly recommend this product. It really works !!!"

So happy!! (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

"Tri-Luma is miracle in a tube I've been struggling with dark spots for about 4 years and scars from severe acne tried every skin lighting cream you can think of and nothing works went to a dermatologist and he prescribed tri-Luma an I saw results in less than a week. Being using it now for about weeks an my spots completely gone. Great product I would recommend it to everyone who struggling with dark spots. insurance doesn't cover it but can get it at Walmart for $118.00 with the result it worth every penny."

Dria909 April 10, 2015

"Wow, finally a treatment that actually works in clearing dark spots! I was a skeptic, but within a week of using Tri-Luma Cream my dark spots were clear! I got a great price on Tri-Luma which was sold at my Dermatologist's office."

Jamie322 March 27, 2015

"Had dark lines in my forehead from the clippers burning my skin. On my 8th day and the cuts have vanished about 70%. I used all types of creams and nothing worked. Triluma is the best. I would recommend this to anyone with dark spots. "

Gee 2 November 14, 2014

"I'm male and read that Melasma only affects about 10% of the male population. I have olive complexion and have sensitive skin; so I figured the dark spots on my cheeks were from shaving. I finally decided to go to a dermatologist and he diagnosed and prescribed Tri-Luma. It has worked! after 5 weeks co-workers have noticed. It's great seeing clear, even toned skin again!"

Tony R.F. October 20, 2014

"It's a miracle and worth every single penny! 9 days of treating my face only at night and it's at least 75% gone. The dark spots on my face especially under one eye and a huge one covering half my forehead were extremely dark and stubborn. I've tried probably every over-the-counter spot remover possible and I didn't get very good results not to mention the amount of money spent. I didn't have anything to lose and found a miracle!"

IllyS (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2014

"First time I have seen my cheeks in years! Prescribed by my regular doctor, and unfortunately not covered by insurance this ran me about $150 for the tube, but if you are like me - I spent many more dollars trying everything else. This is working, so it has been worth every penny! In 1 week I thought I was imagining things because the doc said to give it several weeks to make a difference. In 2 weeks, there was no denying a difference. I am at 3 weeks now, and I can hardly make out where my melasma once was, and had been there for almost 3 years. This has been a miracle for me, and I hope this review will steer someone to have a similar experience as I have had. Best of luck to you!"

Camontoy (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"For over a year I had dark marks on my face from the sun. I used several of spots remover cream and nothing worked. I went to the Dermatologist and he prescribed Tri Luma. I used for 2 weeks and my spots were getting cleared. I have use it for 3 weeks and I love this cream. My cheeks are red most of the time but it really works. It doesn't dry my skin, it just appears as if I wear blush. I use sunscreen when I am out of the house."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2013

"Tri-luma is effective and it didn't irritate my skin."

Lynn29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2012

"Despite the peeling skin around my eyes, it works great."

Atxqtpie January 4, 2011

"I was told by two plastic surgeons the only thing that would remove my dark spots was laser. Several treatments at that and at a cost of $1500-$3000. I will admit may spots were very dark and covered most of my face. I was at my dermatologist for an unrelated problem and asked about Tri-Luma, which I had seen an advertisement for. He prescribed it for me and I cannot say how happy I am with the results. It is an expensive medicine (not anywhere close to laser) but it works. Also check around on prices. My husband noticed a difference within the first week and my family is amazed how light my spots are. I have been on it for about 6 months. I go off for awhile and then start back . Use sunscreen."

Anonymous September 24, 2010

"I woke up one morning with dark spots all over my face. My nose and forehead was completely covered. I tried everything! When I say everything, I really mean everything. Even 2 chemical peels at the plastic surgeons office. I have been dealing with this for about 3 years now. Finally, after 3 plastic surgeons and their skin expert in the office, I went to the dermatologist. She prescribed Tri-Luma. Very Expensive! $220 and not covered by insurance. It worked! The dark areas were going away. I ran out and the dark spots came back. GREAT STUFF! I worry about how long to use it."

Very frustrated June 6, 2010

"I used Tri-Luma on a dark acne scar on my face and in exactly 1 week the scar had begun to vanish and was barely noticeable."

tep1 April 19, 2010

"I've spent a lot of money on over the counter skin lightening creams to treat my moderate/severe melasma. Only tri-luma has worked to improve the appearance of this unsightly skin condition. My friends immediately noticed when I used it. Although it is expensive and requires a prescription, I can say it is an excellent product and will definitely improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation, sun spots, freckles or melasma. I highly recommend this product and only caution that it is most potent the first several applications, so only use a thin layer and apply every other day at the beginning."

Anonymous March 24, 2009

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I used Tri Luma for about 4 months and it works great! The first week I used it every night and my skin became dry, so I cut back to 4 days a week and that did the trick. My skin discoloration smoothed out and the fine lines around my eyes and mouth became less noticable. I highly recommend this product."

Anonymous May 21, 2008

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Melasma

More about Tri-Luma (fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical)