User Reviews for Tambocor

Learn more about Tambocor.

Ventricular Tachycardia 2 reviews 33 medications

Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome 1 reviews 7 medications

Atrial Fibrillation 7 reviews 34 medications

7.7
Atrial Flutter 1 reviews 25 medications

Paroxysmal Supravent...ular Tachycardia 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Supraventricular Tachycardia 0 reviews 40 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tambocor reviews 11 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Tambocor

For Ventricular Tachycardia "I have been on Flecainide since 2008 for Afib and I am very pleased. I would suggest trying this before a Defibulator or letting them do Ablation."

Patriciads627 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2015

For Ventricular Tachycardia "I have been taking Tambocor for 2 years and it had been been effective with little to no side effects. As long as you do not have heart disease or blockages."

Gar Mac January 8, 2013

For Atrial Flutter "Several times my heart went into palpitations due to over-exercise or stress; within 4 hours my heart returned to normal."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation "I used it for 6 years. After 3 years I started having peripheral vision problems of tiny white moving spots. I assumed it was an eye problem, but my ophthalmologists didn't see a reason. It is a side effect of this medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 31, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation "Initially it worked, with minimal side effects. But after one year I have virtually ALL known side effects for this medicine, including severe fatigue and shortness of breath - or inability to get a full breath. I attributed these to mold in our soil, due to construction, and did not look at side effects, until my EP's total lack of concern made me wonder if he was hiding something. I am SHOCKED by what I now read, and have no idea what to do - obviously, reporting to my EP is NOT the answer. My GP says she knows nothing about cardiology. "

Poupon November 15, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation "Coming up on 1 year of Tambocor Metoprolol for treatment of atrial fibrillation. It works very well, no attacks at all since starting Tambocor, hence my life is better in that respect. However, there is a trade off, my energy level is lower and I feel exactly the same when I get up at 7:30 in the morning; whether I go to bed at 9:00PM or stay up until after midnight. I am chronically tired. Also, I notice strange things with my peripheral vision occasionally since on the Tambocor. That's not to scare anyone off, I can still function normally, from yard work, to splitting wood, to playing golf, on the outside I doubt anyone who knows me has a clue that I am on medication. It is a "feeling" to me. I can tell I am a little "off" but it's worth it."

Justan_Observation April 27, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "Caused severe side effects."

don44 November 8, 2010

For Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome "I began Tambocor nearly 10 years ago when frequency of episodes increased to weekly. I have had no bouts of tachycardia since."

Anonymous August 11, 2009

For Atrial Fibrillation "Have been taking Tambocor for 11 years (100mg/day). Have only had Atrial Fibrillation episodes when I forgot to take it."

Anonymous February 1, 2009

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I was put on Tambocor combined with Toprol XL over 2 years ago and have not had a recurrence of Atrial Fibrillation. This was after trying other medications for over 3 years."

Anonymous September 18, 2008

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I have been using tambocor for Atrial Fibrillation for about 5 years now and it has been a very effective drug for me. Since being on 200mgs I haven't had an attack for a year."

Anonymous August 18, 2008

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate