User Reviews for Allegra

Learn more about Allegra.

Urticaria 9 reviews 185 medications

9.7
Hay Fever 28 reviews 868 medications

7.8
Summary of Allegra reviews 37 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Allegra

Review by Zoboyobo:

For Hay Fever: I've never encountered hay fever allergies prior to this spring, so as soon as it all began, I decided to do some research. Allegra looked like my best bet because it claimed that drowsiness was not a side effect, and I was told it would work quickly! I decided on the 24-hr. I have yet to notice a difference and have not been sleeping very well!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2014 10:17 PM

Review by Mr888 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Urticaria: Best relief for hives. Prefer this over Xyzal.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2014 10:16 AM

Review by Bamakama:

For Urticaria: I was taking Zyrtec, Benadryl, Benadryl gel and Pepcid for hives. Nothing got them under control until I tried Allegra. I am amazed my doctor did not suggest I try it. I had a week of steroids which worked but the hives came back once I finished them and the doctor would not give me more (not that I want more) I was miserable--now it's tolerable. Still have no idea what caused the hives. I am 53 and have never had a hives outbreak like this.

December 11, 2013 9:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: It worked very well for my allergies but the problem was I couldn't function due to extreme dizziness to the point of vomiting. I cannot take it so I'm taking Zyrtec.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 12:16 PM

Review by mikel52588:

For Hay Fever: I've gone through Zyrtec, Claritin, Xyzal, and Allegra has been the most consistent for me. Doesn't cause any drowsiness either, although I do take it at night.

October 5, 2013 3:31 PM

Review by #clearingmythroat:

For Hay Fever: Allegra stops the drainage and the annoying need to clear my throat (post nasal drainage). But I'm dizzy these last couple weeks since I've started it. I have a mild sore throat and headache, which I experienced previously when trying Allegra. I feel tired, nauseous and have had a strange tingling in my legs occur twice this week. I'm thinking Allegra is not a good choice for me, despite its effectiveness.

May 23, 2013 3:35 PM

Review by p2themadd:

For Urticaria: I have had chronic hives for the past 8 months and originally took Zyrtec which worked OK for a while but then stopped working. I switched to Allegra which I have been taking for about 3-4 months now and it has been working.

May 11, 2013 1:47 AM

Review by Sebbe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: God bless the one who invented Allegra! I had been snoring all the time even during summer and I felt my nose was wet and tickled me all the time. I tried everything to stop that instantly snoring problem when I took only one pill it just stopped. I didn't snore or sniff a whole day, and before that, a day without sniffing would be a miracle. I didn't even have to wait one hour it just work direct!

May 10, 2013 6:42 PM

Review by Nikita Mosley (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: I had been suffering from THE WORST hay fever for 3 months. I'd been to 5 different doctors and have been on umpteen different meds. Finally, the last doctor suggested I try Allegra. Within the first few hours I was feeling wonderful! Allegra is a fast acting, powerful medicine! So thankful for a doctor who knew his stuff! This will definitely be bought every allergy season!

April 4, 2013 2:14 PM

Review by wranrox:

For Urticaria: I finally found a medication that controls my hives. Ever since I was a kid I have ben battling hives that come and go every couple of years. Its the type where my face swells and hives all over. I've been through prednisone treatments and several other medicines that make me drowsy. Nothing works like Allegra. Definitely worth the price.

March 24, 2013 9:59 AM

Review by Joecr:

For Hay Fever: Best allergy medicine I have tried. Works for normal allergies, and even helps with rashes and other allergic reactions.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2013 6:33 AM

Review by kathylb:

For Urticaria: Only medication that helps control my hives, urticaria and angioedema.

January 10, 2013 9:14 PM

Review by JLW79 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: I have had bad allergies my entire life and was given many different medicines to try. This is the first medicine that actually worked for me. I took one 24hr dose yesterday at 4pm and today at 10am my nose is still clear. The only problem I had was that my blood pressure spiked up to 146/93 from a normal range of 120/70. During that time I had a terrible headache and felt extremely dizzy. I went to bed and woke up to recheck my blood pressure. It was still elevated at 127/86 and I still have a slight headache, but I can breathe.

August 16, 2012 10:55 AM

Review by Ithaca (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hay Fever: Allegra 24 hour helps my hay fever symptoms. But, this medication dries out my lung tissue to much and makes me cough. I have been off Allegra for a week and I am still coughing and have LOTS of non infectious mucus coming out of my lungs. My lungs hurt from coughing. I am 62 year old female with mild asthma.

June 15, 2012 3:30 PM

Review by Mschnicke (taken for 10 years or more):

For Hay Fever: I have been taking Allegra for over a decade when it was only available on prescription. Over the years my insurance company forced me to try all the allergy medicines that went OTC in hopes that they wouldn't have to continue to pay for Allegra by prescription. However, nothing ever worked for me like Allegra. The other drugs caused side effects that I could not tolerate. I have no side-effects from Allegra what-so-ever. It has been a miracle medication for me and my year-round allergies.

May 16, 2012 4:41 AM

This year has been the absolute worst for me. My allergies are ridiculous. The sneezing and itchy throat is my biggest issue. I am now using Allegra D every 12 hours. I am going to try adding the regular Allegra for 24 hours as well. Just can't take it anymore. Hoping this year is not repeated.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2012 2:00 PM

Review by Johns47:

For Hay Fever: Allegra does not help my hay fever . I still have a running nose, itchy throat, and itchy eyes.

April 12, 2012 8:23 AM

For Hay Fever: Good so far. This is my first use of the 180mg tablet. Since this has been a mild winter, I have been fighting allergies and bronchitis for months. Tussionex and Cheratussin neither one worked. I'm still coughing, but not at much. The only problem is, I can't go to sleep at night.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2012 12:18 AM

Review by fanofallegra:

For Urticaria: My husband got a very acute urtricaria on his whole body for 2 weeks. Nothing helped really to get rid of the burning patches. Benadryl caused more drowsiness then any help and additionally my husbands face was sweeling all over when taking Benadryl. Finally we got Allegra 180 mg pills. And just after the first Allegra pill all red patches on his skin and all swollen areas were gone for good as long as he keeps taking it twice a day 180 mg each tablet. This medicine is really great.

February 27, 2012 2:25 PM

For Hay Fever: Allegra has done the trick for me for years. My only disappointment is the expense of the 12-hour dosage now that my insurance company doesn't cover it anymore. It's a better deal to purchase the 24-hour dose but I don't like taking a higher dose of medication if it isn't necessary.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2011 3:21 PM

Review by Ladyy:

For Urticaria: I have urticaria for more then 6 years. Finally I got this pill Allegra 180mg, finally works. I took about a week and my hives are really gone, and now I'm finally happy and I don't feel any side effects at all.

July 27, 2011 8:09 PM

Review by Larrk:

For Hay Fever: I love Allegra for my allergies because it doesn't make me drowsy. This week it went to an over the counter medication so my insurance won't pay for it anymore.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2011 7:29 PM

For Hay Fever: I used to take Seldane (worked great) until they took it off of the market and replaced it with Allegra. 180mg dose of Allegra (NOT Allegra-D) does not provide all day relief if I spend extended time outdoors during allergy season. However, 240mg dose works great. 240mg dose is one 180mg tablet (once daily) at start of day plus one 60mg tablet (12 hour product) before going outside.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2011 6:32 PM

For Hay Fever: I've suffered from allergies for years, but all other allergy medications either make me very drowsy or don't work well. With Allegra, I have NO side effects and feel 100% better after taking it. I am so glad that I finally found something that really works for me!

April 23, 2011 9:58 AM

It didn't work for me. I have been sneezing while taking the medicines. I will go back to other allergy medicines.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate