User Reviews for Allegra

Learn more about Allegra.

Urticaria 12 reviews 190 medications

9.7
Hay Fever 32 reviews 797 medications

7.9
Summary of Allegra reviews 44 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Allegra

For Hay Fever "Been taking this for almost two years and it's been a life saver for me. My allergies get absolutely terrible and one pill makes it go away. Definitely recommend."

Martin B (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 6, 2015

For Urticaria "I suffered from chronic itch all my life tried almost every other antihistimine to the point I had to start with prednisone every 3 months for a week to get rid of the itch over my whole body eyes running nose I would have such severe itch that I just could not function normaly got 4 hours or less sleep a day. I now use this medicine for 2 days now, after one hour I took the medicine I felt my eyes not itching and my skin feels much better to the point its liveable. Now I hope this will keep working even after some time because all previous medication would only work a few days a week tops so if this will continue to work I can finaly start my life. I'm 22 years old and I finaly have new hope now thank you fexofenadine!"

robin k April 20, 2015

For Urticaria "Had chronic urticaria 3 years ago, tried everything from Benadryl, Zyrtec, Claritin and nothing worked. Took a Allegra 24 hour and 70% of my hives have disappeared leaving me less itchy. Wish I would've found out about this site earlier to do my research. This is my first day on the medication, hopefully it will go away after this week."

JohnHivefree April 1, 2015

For Hay Fever "I took Allegra 24 hours recently for the past two days. It works fast and relieves every symptom, but has only lasted for me for up to 8 hours. I then end up having to supplement with Benadryl but it makes me drowsy."

allergiessuck (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2015

For Hay Fever "After about 4 years of terrible hay fever, lasting from about September to May, I have finally found my cure! I have tried countless allergy medications, including Zyrtec. None of them seemed to work until my doctor finally told me to try Allegra 180mg. I have not experienced any side effects, except I did have a sore throat about a week after starting Allegra. I definitely recommend this product."

Dacamille December 2, 2014

For Hay Fever "My 2 yr old had been suffering from indoor and outdoor allergies since she was 9 mo old. We found Allegra suspension and it works quite well along with her taking Singulair. If she misses a few doses we can tell; her eyes itch and she gets congested. Just started to find the suspension in a larger bottle, so this keeps us from running out. Thanks!"

Mother/Nurse (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2014

For Urticaria "I have been suffering from hives on my face (very embarrassing) from food allergies for the last few years. Since I gave birth to my first child it became worse. Finally an allergist suggested I take 60mg of Allegra everyday and for the last week I have been almost 100% hives free. My face is so clear and white again! I feel amazing and confident again thanks to Allegra."

MariaNL29 August 19, 2014

For Hay Fever "I've never encountered hay fever allergies prior to this spring, so as soon as it all began, I decided to do some research. Allegra looked like my best bet because it claimed that drowsiness was not a side effect, and I was told it would work quickly! I decided on the 24-hr. I have yet to notice a difference and have not been sleeping very well! "

Zoboyobo April 5, 2014

For Urticaria "Best relief for hives. Prefer this over Xyzal."

Mr888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2014

For Urticaria "I was taking Zyrtec, Benadryl, Benadryl gel and Pepcid for hives. Nothing got them under control until I tried Allegra. I am amazed my doctor did not suggest I try it. I had a week of steroids which worked but the hives came back once I finished them and the doctor would not give me more (not that I want more) I was miserable--now it's tolerable. Still have no idea what caused the hives. I am 53 and have never had a hives outbreak like this."

Bamakama December 11, 2013

For Hay Fever "It worked very well for my allergies but the problem was I couldn't function due to extreme dizziness to the point of vomiting. I cannot take it so I'm taking Zyrtec."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2013

For Hay Fever "I've gone through Zyrtec, Claritin, Xyzal, and Allegra has been the most consistent for me. Doesn't cause any drowsiness either, although I do take it at night."

mikel52588 October 5, 2013

For Hay Fever "Allegra stops the drainage and the annoying need to clear my throat (post nasal drainage). But I'm dizzy these last couple weeks since I've started it. I have a mild sore throat and headache, which I experienced previously when trying Allegra. I feel tired, nauseous and have had a strange tingling in my legs occur twice this week. I'm thinking Allegra is not a good choice for me, despite its effectiveness."

#clearingmythroat May 23, 2013

For Urticaria "I have had chronic hives for the past 8 months and originally took Zyrtec which worked OK for a while but then stopped working. I switched to Allegra which I have been taking for about 3-4 months now and it has been working."

p2themadd May 11, 2013

For Hay Fever "God bless the one who invented Allegra! I had been snoring all the time even during summer and I felt my nose was wet and tickled me all the time. I tried everything to stop that instantly snoring problem when I took only one pill it just stopped. I didn't snore or sniff a whole day, and before that, a day without sniffing would be a miracle. I didn't even have to wait one hour it just work direct!"

Sebbe (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2013

For Hay Fever "I had been suffering from THE WORST hay fever for 3 months. I'd been to 5 different doctors and have been on umpteen different meds. Finally, the last doctor suggested I try Allegra. Within the first few hours I was feeling wonderful! Allegra is a fast acting, powerful medicine! So thankful for a doctor who knew his stuff! This will definitely be bought every allergy season!"

Nikita Mosley (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

For Urticaria "I finally found a medication that controls my hives. Ever since I was a kid I have ben battling hives that come and go every couple of years. Its the type where my face swells and hives all over. I've been through prednisone treatments and several other medicines that make me drowsy. Nothing works like Allegra. Definitely worth the price."

wranrox March 24, 2013

For Hay Fever "Best allergy medicine I have tried. Works for normal allergies, and even helps with rashes and other allergic reactions."

Joecr February 13, 2013

For Urticaria "Only medication that helps control my hives, urticaria and angioedema. "

kathylb January 10, 2013

For Hay Fever "I have had bad allergies my entire life and was given many different medicines to try. This is the first medicine that actually worked for me. I took one 24hr dose yesterday at 4pm and today at 10am my nose is still clear. The only problem I had was that my blood pressure spiked up to 146/93 from a normal range of 120/70. During that time I had a terrible headache and felt extremely dizzy. I went to bed and woke up to recheck my blood pressure. It was still elevated at 127/86 and I still have a slight headache, but I can breathe."

JLW79 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2012

For Hay Fever "Allegra 24 hour helps my hay fever symptoms. But, this medication dries out my lung tissue to much and makes me cough. I have been off Allegra for a week and I am still coughing and have LOTS of non infectious mucus coming out of my lungs. My lungs hurt from coughing. I am 62 year old female with mild asthma."

Ithaca (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2012

For Hay Fever "I have been taking Allegra for over a decade when it was only available on prescription. Over the years my insurance company forced me to try all the allergy medicines that went OTC in hopes that they wouldn't have to continue to pay for Allegra by prescription. However, nothing ever worked for me like Allegra. The other drugs caused side effects that I could not tolerate. I have no side-effects from Allegra what-so-ever. It has been a miracle medication for me and my year-round allergies."

Mschnicke (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2012

"This year has been the absolute worst for me. My allergies are ridiculous. The sneezing and itchy throat is my biggest issue. I am now using Allegra D every 12 hours. I am going to try adding the regular Allegra for 24 hours as well. Just can't take it anymore. Hoping this year is not repeated."

Anonymous April 14, 2012

For Hay Fever "Allegra does not help my hay fever . I still have a running nose, itchy throat, and itchy eyes."

Johns47 April 12, 2012

For Hay Fever "Good so far. This is my first use of the 180mg tablet. Since this has been a mild winter, I have been fighting allergies and bronchitis for months. Tussionex and Cheratussin neither one worked. I'm still coughing, but not at much. The only problem is, I can't go to sleep at night."

Anonymous March 17, 2012