User Reviews for Allegra

Learn more about Allegra.

Urticaria 16 reviews 184 medications

9.1
Allergic Rhinitis 34 reviews 871 medications

7.6
Summary of Allegra reviews 50 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Allegra

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have been an allergy sufferer for a long time. When I started taking ALLEGRA 24 hrs. it worked just fine. But, the problem is that this medication works as intended it work for 24 hrs. straight and it keep you awake for 24 hrs. Too. So, if I take a pill of ALLEGRA, at night it keeps me awake. In other words, I stay awake for most of the night and get not sleep at all. This is the reason why I don’t recommend ALLEGRA because it will keep awake and get no sleep at all. I need to find other way to fight my allergies."

P Towers (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took the standard dose as prescribed. And not even 30 minutes later I'm sneezing like crazy and nose is running like Niagara falls. Its claims of 24hr relief is garbage."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Urticaria "I have suffered from cold hives for about 10 years now and till this day I have not found a solution. Allegra does nothing for me. I take about two allegras everytime I step out my house and still get hives all over my face and body. Thats more than the recommended dosage for 180mg. I still have hope that theres a cure somewhere out there"

Danniiee (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2016

For Urticaria "I have chronic idiopathic urticaria and like a lot of other people on this thread I tried Benadryl,creams, oatmeal baths, changing soaps... didn't help. I tried Allegra for the first time last night and had almost instant relief. I still have some hives but the itching is far less intense and the hive are less red. I am glad I came across some of these reviews!!"

Alexandriagal November 10, 2015

For Urticaria "I went to a local clinic to treat Urticaria and was given 60mg of prednisone on my cheek. It had no effect on my body and the symptoms even got worse. Then my doctor recommended to take Benadryl (H1 blocker) and Zantac (H2 blocker) altogether. I took both pills and it made me extremely drowsy (Benadryl) and Zantac actually alleviated my symptoms just a little bit. I woke up next morning and found out that Urticaria has come back. Then someone recommended me to take the Allegra (Fexofenadine 180mg) and it really works without any side-effects of drowsiness. I think Fexofenadine is god given allergy medicine. I tried Benadryl, Zyrtec and Claritin before. Their effectiveness on Urticaria is far less than Allegra."

Works incredible w/o side efct (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2015

For Urticaria "I recently had an allergic outbreak of hives ... My doctor prescribed prednisone 6-day pack and steroid cream. I tried benadryl first thinking it would help control the itching. It did not. I was so miserable from the itching the hives caused I was willing to try anything. I came across this page about Allegra. I was prescribed Allegra in the past and it worked really well for my seasonal allergies. I decided to give Allegra a try ... I'm glad i did!!! It Stopped on the itching and cleared up 80% of my hives in 1 hour... Thank God this is Over the Counter. Doctors always tell you to use Benadryl ... it will only make you sleepy and its not very effective at controlling the itch of hives. Unless you take a very large dose."

Gabe773 August 7, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "Been taking this for almost two years and it's been a life saver for me. My allergies get absolutely terrible and one pill makes it go away. Definitely recommend."

Martin B (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 6, 2015

For Urticaria "I suffered from chronic itch all my life tried almost every other antihistimine to the point I had to start with prednisone every 3 months for a week to get rid of the itch over my whole body eyes running nose I would have such severe itch that I just could not function normaly got 4 hours or less sleep a day. I now use this medicine for 2 days now, after one hour I took the medicine I felt my eyes not itching and my skin feels much better to the point its liveable. Now I hope this will keep working even after some time because all previous medication would only work a few days a week tops so if this will continue to work I can finaly start my life. I'm 22 years old and I finaly have new hope now thank you fexofenadine!"

robin k April 20, 2015

For Urticaria "Had chronic urticaria 3 years ago, tried everything from Benadryl, Zyrtec, Claritin and nothing worked. Took a Allegra 24 hour and 70% of my hives have disappeared leaving me less itchy. Wish I would've found out about this site earlier to do my research. This is my first day on the medication, hopefully it will go away after this week."

JohnHivefree April 1, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took Allegra 24 hours recently for the past two days. It works fast and relieves every symptom, but has only lasted for me for up to 8 hours. I then end up having to supplement with Benadryl but it makes me drowsy."

allergiessuck (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "After about 4 years of terrible hay fever, lasting from about September to May, I have finally found my cure! I have tried countless allergy medications, including Zyrtec. None of them seemed to work until my doctor finally told me to try Allegra 180mg. I have not experienced any side effects, except I did have a sore throat about a week after starting Allegra. I definitely recommend this product."

Dacamille December 2, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis "My 2 yr old had been suffering from indoor and outdoor allergies since she was 9 mo old. We found Allegra suspension and it works quite well along with her taking Singulair. If she misses a few doses we can tell; her eyes itch and she gets congested. Just started to find the suspension in a larger bottle, so this keeps us from running out. Thanks!"

Mother/Nurse (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2014

For Urticaria "I have been suffering from hives on my face (very embarrassing) from food allergies for the last few years. Since I gave birth to my first child it became worse. Finally an allergist suggested I take 60mg of Allegra everyday and for the last week I have been almost 100% hives free. My face is so clear and white again! I feel amazing and confident again thanks to Allegra."

MariaNL29 August 19, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis "I've never encountered hay fever allergies prior to this spring, so as soon as it all began, I decided to do some research. Allegra looked like my best bet because it claimed that drowsiness was not a side effect, and I was told it would work quickly! I decided on the 24-hr. I have yet to notice a difference and have not been sleeping very well! "

Zoboyobo April 5, 2014

For Urticaria "Best relief for hives. Prefer this over Xyzal."

Mr888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2014

For Urticaria "I was taking Zyrtec, Benadryl, Benadryl gel and Pepcid for hives. Nothing got them under control until I tried Allegra. I am amazed my doctor did not suggest I try it. I had a week of steroids which worked but the hives came back once I finished them and the doctor would not give me more (not that I want more) I was miserable--now it's tolerable. Still have no idea what caused the hives. I am 53 and have never had a hives outbreak like this."

Bamakama December 11, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis "It worked very well for my allergies but the problem was I couldn't function due to extreme dizziness to the point of vomiting. I cannot take it so I'm taking Zyrtec."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis "I've gone through Zyrtec, Claritin, Xyzal, and Allegra has been the most consistent for me. Doesn't cause any drowsiness either, although I do take it at night."

mikel52588 October 5, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis "Allegra stops the drainage and the annoying need to clear my throat (post nasal drainage). But I'm dizzy these last couple weeks since I've started it. I have a mild sore throat and headache, which I experienced previously when trying Allegra. I feel tired, nauseous and have had a strange tingling in my legs occur twice this week. I'm thinking Allegra is not a good choice for me, despite its effectiveness."

#clearingmythroat May 23, 2013

For Urticaria "I have had chronic hives for the past 8 months and originally took Zyrtec which worked OK for a while but then stopped working. I switched to Allegra which I have been taking for about 3-4 months now and it has been working."

p2themadd May 11, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis "God bless the one who invented Allegra! I had been snoring all the time even during summer and I felt my nose was wet and tickled me all the time. I tried everything to stop that instantly snoring problem when I took only one pill it just stopped. I didn't snore or sniff a whole day, and before that, a day without sniffing would be a miracle. I didn't even have to wait one hour it just work direct!"

Sebbe (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis "I had been suffering from THE WORST hay fever for 3 months. I'd been to 5 different doctors and have been on umpteen different meds. Finally, the last doctor suggested I try Allegra. Within the first few hours I was feeling wonderful! Allegra is a fast acting, powerful medicine! So thankful for a doctor who knew his stuff! This will definitely be bought every allergy season!"

Nikita Mosley (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

For Urticaria "I finally found a medication that controls my hives. Ever since I was a kid I have ben battling hives that come and go every couple of years. Its the type where my face swells and hives all over. I've been through prednisone treatments and several other medicines that make me drowsy. Nothing works like Allegra. Definitely worth the price."

wranrox March 24, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis "Best allergy medicine I have tried. Works for normal allergies, and even helps with rashes and other allergic reactions."

Joecr February 13, 2013

For Urticaria "Only medication that helps control my hives, urticaria and angioedema. "

kathylb January 10, 2013