User Reviews for Allegra

Learn more about Allegra.

Allegra Review Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 510 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Allegra to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"Been taking this for almost two years and it's been a life saver for me. My allergies get absolutely terrible and one pill makes it go away. Definitely recommend."

Martin B (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 6, 2015

"I took Allegra 24 hours recently for the past two days. It works fast and relieves every symptom, but has only lasted for me for up to 8 hours. I then end up having to supplement with Benadryl but it makes me drowsy."

allergiessuck (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2015

"After about 4 years of terrible hay fever, lasting from about September to May, I have finally found my cure! I have tried countless allergy medications, including Zyrtec. None of them seemed to work until my doctor finally told me to try Allegra 180mg. I have not experienced any side effects, except I did have a sore throat about a week after starting Allegra. I definitely recommend this product."

Dacamille December 2, 2014

"My 2 yr old had been suffering from indoor and outdoor allergies since she was 9 mo old. We found Allegra suspension and it works quite well along with her taking Singulair. If she misses a few doses we can tell; her eyes itch and she gets congested. Just started to find the suspension in a larger bottle, so this keeps us from running out. Thanks!"

Mother/Nurse (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2014

"I've never encountered hay fever allergies prior to this spring, so as soon as it all began, I decided to do some research. Allegra looked like my best bet because it claimed that drowsiness was not a side effect, and I was told it would work quickly! I decided on the 24-hr. I have yet to notice a difference and have not been sleeping very well! "

Zoboyobo April 5, 2014

"It worked very well for my allergies but the problem was I couldn't function due to extreme dizziness to the point of vomiting. I cannot take it so I'm taking Zyrtec."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2013

"I've gone through Zyrtec, Claritin, Xyzal, and Allegra has been the most consistent for me. Doesn't cause any drowsiness either, although I do take it at night."

mikel52588 October 5, 2013

"Allegra stops the drainage and the annoying need to clear my throat (post nasal drainage). But I'm dizzy these last couple weeks since I've started it. I have a mild sore throat and headache, which I experienced previously when trying Allegra. I feel tired, nauseous and have had a strange tingling in my legs occur twice this week. I'm thinking Allegra is not a good choice for me, despite its effectiveness."

#clearingmythroat May 23, 2013

"God bless the one who invented Allegra! I had been snoring all the time even during summer and I felt my nose was wet and tickled me all the time. I tried everything to stop that instantly snoring problem when I took only one pill it just stopped. I didn't snore or sniff a whole day, and before that, a day without sniffing would be a miracle. I didn't even have to wait one hour it just work direct!"

Sebbe (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2013

"I had been suffering from THE WORST hay fever for 3 months. I'd been to 5 different doctors and have been on umpteen different meds. Finally, the last doctor suggested I try Allegra. Within the first few hours I was feeling wonderful! Allegra is a fast acting, powerful medicine! So thankful for a doctor who knew his stuff! This will definitely be bought every allergy season!"

Nikita Mosley (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

"Best allergy medicine I have tried. Works for normal allergies, and even helps with rashes and other allergic reactions."

Joecr February 13, 2013

"I have had bad allergies my entire life and was given many different medicines to try. This is the first medicine that actually worked for me. I took one 24hr dose yesterday at 4pm and today at 10am my nose is still clear. The only problem I had was that my blood pressure spiked up to 146/93 from a normal range of 120/70. During that time I had a terrible headache and felt extremely dizzy. I went to bed and woke up to recheck my blood pressure. It was still elevated at 127/86 and I still have a slight headache, but I can breathe."

JLW79 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2012

"Allegra 24 hour helps my hay fever symptoms. But, this medication dries out my lung tissue to much and makes me cough. I have been off Allegra for a week and I am still coughing and have LOTS of non infectious mucus coming out of my lungs. My lungs hurt from coughing. I am 62 year old female with mild asthma."

Ithaca (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2012

"I have been taking Allegra for over a decade when it was only available on prescription. Over the years my insurance company forced me to try all the allergy medicines that went OTC in hopes that they wouldn't have to continue to pay for Allegra by prescription. However, nothing ever worked for me like Allegra. The other drugs caused side effects that I could not tolerate. I have no side-effects from Allegra what-so-ever. It has been a miracle medication for me and my year-round allergies."

Mschnicke (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2012

"Allegra does not help my hay fever . I still have a running nose, itchy throat, and itchy eyes."

Johns47 April 12, 2012

"Good so far. This is my first use of the 180mg tablet. Since this has been a mild winter, I have been fighting allergies and bronchitis for months. Tussionex and Cheratussin neither one worked. I'm still coughing, but not at much. The only problem is, I can't go to sleep at night."

Anonymous March 17, 2012

"Allegra has done the trick for me for years. My only disappointment is the expense of the 12-hour dosage now that my insurance company doesn't cover it anymore. It's a better deal to purchase the 24-hour dose but I don't like taking a higher dose of medication if it isn't necessary."

Anonymous August 5, 2011

"I love Allegra for my allergies because it doesn't make me drowsy. This week it went to an over the counter medication so my insurance won't pay for it anymore. "

Larrk July 24, 2011

"I used to take Seldane (worked great) until they took it off of the market and replaced it with Allegra. 180mg dose of Allegra (NOT Allegra-D) does not provide all day relief if I spend extended time outdoors during allergy season. However, 240mg dose works great. 240mg dose is one 180mg tablet (once daily) at start of day plus one 60mg tablet (12 hour product) before going outside. "

Anonymous June 7, 2011

"I've suffered from allergies for years, but all other allergy medications either make me very drowsy or don't work well. With Allegra, I have NO side effects and feel 100% better after taking it. I am so glad that I finally found something that really works for me!"

Anonymous April 23, 2011

"Very satisfied. Does what it claims to do and I don't feel any side effects."

AA12 April 15, 2011

"Works much better than other over the counter medicines. My allergy came back this time of the year, and this year got worse. My sneezing won't stop even to the point I get nosebleed. So I tried Allegra, it did suppressed all the sneezing for hours, however my nose still somewhat congested. When they mean "non-drowsy", they really mean it. I took other over the counter allergy medicines before, which they listed as "non-drowsy", but I constantly found myself falling asleep every now and then."

Anonymous April 4, 2011

"Recently I have been having VERY bad allergies and went to the doctor. She said that I should try Allegra (not Allegra-D) and that it is available over the counter. I went to the store but could not find any adult 12 hour Allegra. This disappointed me because I knew the 24 hour pills usually don't work. I went ahead and bought the smallest package of pills I could get (5) of the 180mg dosage. I took one and it cleared up my symptoms and made me feel better but that night I woke up after about 4 hours of sleep and could not get back to sleep. I didn't take one the next day as I wanted to get a good nights rest. Yesterday I took another and the same thing happened again. I just want to SLEEP!"

bdalbrecht March 29, 2011

"Allegra is really good at working for hay fever but I have been using antidepressants for about two years and I am having some sleeping problems now. Using Allegra is making it hard to get to sleep early."

nivas August 13, 2010

"I suffer from chronic sinusitis caused by allergies. I also had a bad case of bronchitis a year and a half ago and 3 respiratory infections since. I have tried a bunch of antibiotics, Claritin D, Zyrtec, Bendryl, Mucinex, Singulair, cough syrups and other OTC decongestants, herbal supplements, steroids, and the Neti Pot. Only the Neti Pot helped me feel better for an hour or so and washed away a lot of the allergens but the sinus inflammation and bronchial irritation due to post nasal drip returned fast. I just started using Allegra 3 days ago and the difference is remarkable. I can breath again! I also sleep better and I don't feel tired all the time. I have not experienced any side-effects so far."

Julie's mom December 20, 2009