User Reviews for Fexofenadine

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Allegra ODT, Aller-Ease, Mucinex Allergy

Learn more about Fexofenadine.

Urticaria 10 reviews 184 medications

9.5
Hay Fever 33 reviews 860 medications

7.8
Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 43 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Fexofenadine

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: I used to take Seldane (worked great) until they took it off of the market and replaced it with Allegra. 180mg dose of Allegra (NOT Allegra-D) does not provide all day relief if I spend extended time outdoors during allergy season. However, 240mg dose works great. 240mg dose is one 180mg tablet (once daily) at start of day plus one 60mg tablet (12 hour product) before going outside.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 7, 2011 6:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: I've suffered from allergies for years, but all other allergy medications either make me very drowsy or don't work well. With Allegra, I have NO side effects and feel 100% better after taking it. I am so glad that I finally found something that really works for me!

April 23, 2011 9:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine): It didn't work for me. I have been sneezing while taking the medicines. I will go back to other allergy medicines.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2011 9:13 PM
Review by AA12: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: Very satisfied. Does what it claims to do and I don't feel any side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 15, 2011 2:18 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: Works much better than other over the counter medicines. My allergy came back this time of the year, and this year got worse. My sneezing won't stop even to the point I get nosebleed. So I tried Allegra, it did suppressed all the sneezing for hours, however my nose still somewhat congested. When they mean "non-drowsy", they really mean it. I took other over the counter allergy medicines before, which they listed as "non-drowsy", but I constantly found myself falling asleep every now and then.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2011 9:53 PM
Review by bdalbrecht: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: Recently I have been having VERY bad allergies and went to the doctor. She said that I should try Allegra (not Allegra-D) and that it is available over the counter. I went to the store but could not find any adult 12 hour Allegra. This disappointed me because I knew the 24 hour pills usually don't work. I went ahead and bought the smallest package of pills I could get (5) of the 180mg dosage. I took one and it cleared up my symptoms and made me feel better but that night I woke up after about 4 hours of sleep and could not get back to sleep. I didn't take one the next day as I wanted to get a good nights rest. Yesterday I took another and the same thing happened again. I just want to SLEEP!

March 29, 2011 6:10 AM
Review by Clintwils: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: It's the best medicine for hives. I took 1 and it's all gone.

February 26, 2011 11:44 AM
Review by nivas:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: Allegra is really good at working for hay fever but I have been using antidepressants for about two years and I am having some sleeping problems now. Using Allegra is making it hard to get to sleep early.

August 13, 2010 5:09 AM
Review by lorina: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: All I can say is that Allegra is worth it..It may be expensive but it can cure skin allergy fast..fantastic!

January 27, 2010 11:53 PM
Review by Julie's mom: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: I suffer from chronic sinusitis caused by allergies. I also had a bad case of bronchitis a year and a half ago and 3 respiratory infections since. I have tried a bunch of antibiotics, Claritin D, Zyrtec, Bendryl, Mucinex, Singulair, cough syrups and other OTC decongestants, herbal supplements, steroids, and the Neti Pot. Only the Neti Pot helped me feel better for an hour or so and washed away a lot of the allergens but the sinus inflammation and bronchial irritation due to post nasal drip returned fast. I just started using Allegra 3 days ago and the difference is remarkable. I can breath again! I also sleep better and I don't feel tired all the time. I have not experienced any side-effects so far.

December 20, 2009 11:13 AM
Review by K_W: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: I started having horrible allergy/sinus problems in April of this year. I was having horrible migraine-like sinus headaches every single day. I tried EVERYTHING: Benadryl, Tylenol Sinus & Congestion, Sudafed PE, Advil Sinus & Cold, prescription Claritin, and a whole lot of natural remedies such as Apple Cider Vinegar (horrible taste ugh) and Cayenne Pepper. Then the doctor gave me Allegra D-24 hour and I was cured within an hour! It was amazing! I recently ran out and on day 2 my horrible headaches were back. I went to the doctor and she refilled my Allegra D-24 hour and I was feeling normal again in an hour! I highly recommend this! (The Allegra D-12 hour did not work for me only the 24 hour version.)

November 24, 2009 11:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fexofenadine for Hay Fever: I find Fexofenadine HCL very effective against my allergies which seem to be a year-round problem, but I have also found it gives me a headache which doesn't go away with your average OTC medicines. I tried my mother's prescription, same dosage, different manufacturer, and no headache (weird) so I may have my Doctor to give me some but otherwise it's GREAT!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 15, 2009 5:34 PM
Review by riparyan: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: Allegra is the only allergy medicine that helps me. Other prescription or over the counter medicines just seem to mask the problem, and they do not even do it that well for me. My insurance company (Aetna) stopped covering it last year and I decided to use other brands because of the price of Allegra. Next year I think I'll pay the money for the Allegra.

September 9, 2009 9:52 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: It works great! My nose is like 98% of the time clear, just some sniffles every now and then when it's windy. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a stronger stomach (as it caused me to go to the toilet more often as a side effect), then me. Hardly any fiber in my diet, I'm trying to change that.

May 28, 2009 2:40 PM
Review by annakaranda1957: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: I have taken it for years. It does not make me drowsy and works great.

May 11, 2009 2:33 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

It works great. I love it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2009 3:33 PM
Review by svman:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: It works great. I love it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2009 3:32 PM
Review by JohnJSmith: User Rating:

fexofenadine for Hay Fever: Have used fexofenadine seasonally, August through to the first hard freeze in my area. About three years ago, started using fexofenadine daily. An early AM 180 mg dosage. During the entire period, I have been under the supervision of an allergy specialist (doctor). Fexofenadine completely eliminates all hay fever type seasonal allergies. Period. About three years ago, I noticed that it also greatly reduces multiple food intolerances that substantially had limited my diet. Since then I have taken the drug daily. About two years ago, I noticed that my blood pressure was lowered from around 139 / 89 to 110 / 78. That effect continues when I use it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2009 8:53 PM
Review by TabbMom: User Rating:

Allegra ODT (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: My son was given samples of Allegra ODT by his pediatrician to use until we could get the prescription filled. It worked wonders on his seasonal allergies. He took it regularly while the samples lasted. It was wonderful. Unfortunately, we've been unable to get the prescription filled because the insurance feels something cheaper should work just as well. We want Allegra ODT.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 31, 2008 2:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: Only Allergy Medicine that has helped me. Expensive but it works like a charm.

September 8, 2008 2:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: First allergy medicine that has helped me. Love it.

June 4, 2008 11:44 AM

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video