User Reviews for Fexofenadine (Page 2)

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Allegra ODT, Aller-Ease, Mucinex Allergy

Learn more about Fexofenadine.

Urticaria 21 reviews 184 medications

8.4
Allergic Rhinitis 47 reviews 870 medications

7.1
Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 68 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Fexofenadine

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've never encountered hay fever allergies prior to this spring, so as soon as it all began, I decided to do some research. Allegra looked like my best bet because it claimed that drowsiness was not a side effect, and I was told it would work quickly! I decided on the 24-hr. I have yet to notice a difference and have not been sleeping very well! "

Zoboyobo April 5, 2014

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Best relief for hives. Prefer this over Xyzal."

Mr888 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2014

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I was taking Zyrtec, Benadryl, Benadryl gel and Pepcid for hives. Nothing got them under control until I tried Allegra. I am amazed my doctor did not suggest I try it. I had a week of steroids which worked but the hives came back once I finished them and the doctor would not give me more (not that I want more) I was miserable--now it's tolerable. Still have no idea what caused the hives. I am 53 and have never had a hives outbreak like this."

Bamakama December 11, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It worked very well for my allergies but the problem was I couldn't function due to extreme dizziness to the point of vomiting. I cannot take it so I'm taking Zyrtec."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've gone through Zyrtec, Claritin, Xyzal, and Allegra has been the most consistent for me. Doesn't cause any drowsiness either, although I do take it at night."

mikel52588 October 5, 2013

For Urticaria: "I get severe swelling (angioedema) from bee stings. The last sting was on my right hand which swelled up so bad I couldn't bend the fingers or use the hand at all. The forearm also swelled up. The doctor gave me fexofenadine and a strong antihistamine cream. Within two days the swelling was almost gone, and by the third day everything was back to normal, whereas usually it takes a week. Also, while taking the medicine I hardly had any itching from the venom. As I was using a cream in combination with the medicine I can't say it was all due to the fexofenadine but for sure it helped a lot. In addition, I had no side effects at all, which is unusual as usually I develop at least one or two when taking medicines. I will use this again if needed."

laura beekeeper (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Allegra stops the drainage and the annoying need to clear my throat (post nasal drainage). But I'm dizzy these last couple weeks since I've started it. I have a mild sore throat and headache, which I experienced previously when trying Allegra. I feel tired, nauseous and have had a strange tingling in my legs occur twice this week. I'm thinking Allegra is not a good choice for me, despite its effectiveness."

#clearingmythroat May 23, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have had chronic hives for the past 8 months and originally took Zyrtec which worked OK for a while but then stopped working. I switched to Allegra which I have been taking for about 3-4 months now and it has been working."

p2themadd May 11, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "God bless the one who invented Allegra! I had been snoring all the time even during summer and I felt my nose was wet and tickled me all the time. I tried everything to stop that instantly snoring problem when I took only one pill it just stopped. I didn't snore or sniff a whole day, and before that, a day without sniffing would be a miracle. I didn't even have to wait one hour it just work direct!"

Sebbe (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This medication works well for my symptoms, but almost all generic versions contain too much lactose! I have terrible gaseous bloating from it which is only alleviated if I take a large amount of lactase enzyme at the same time. "

DragonMom2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I had been suffering from THE WORST hay fever for 3 months. I'd been to 5 different doctors and have been on umpteen different meds. Finally, the last doctor suggested I try Allegra. Within the first few hours I was feeling wonderful! Allegra is a fast acting, powerful medicine! So thankful for a doctor who knew his stuff! This will definitely be bought every allergy season!"

Nikita Mosley (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I finally found a medication that controls my hives. Ever since I was a kid I have ben battling hives that come and go every couple of years. Its the type where my face swells and hives all over. I've been through prednisone treatments and several other medicines that make me drowsy. Nothing works like Allegra. Definitely worth the price."

wranrox March 24, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Best allergy medicine I have tried. Works for normal allergies, and even helps with rashes and other allergic reactions."

Joecr February 13, 2013

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Only medication that helps control my hives, urticaria and angioedema. "

kathylb January 10, 2013

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Every allergy pill I try stops working eventually, so after using Claritin and Zyrtec, I decided to try Allegra. It is my first day using it and it partially clears me up but it is 3 in the morning and I have yet to feel tired. I can see that I am not alone, so I'll be going back to Zyrtec until I can see my doctor about switching to something else."

Sleepless95 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have had bad allergies my entire life and was given many different medicines to try. This is the first medicine that actually worked for me. I took one 24hr dose yesterday at 4pm and today at 10am my nose is still clear. The only problem I had was that my blood pressure spiked up to 146/93 from a normal range of 120/70. During that time I had a terrible headache and felt extremely dizzy. I went to bed and woke up to recheck my blood pressure. It was still elevated at 127/86 and I still have a slight headache, but I can breathe."

JLW79 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Allegra 24 hour helps my hay fever symptoms. But, this medication dries out my lung tissue to much and makes me cough. I have been off Allegra for a week and I am still coughing and have LOTS of non infectious mucus coming out of my lungs. My lungs hurt from coughing. I am 62 year old female with mild asthma."

Ithaca (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been taking Allegra for over a decade when it was only available on prescription. Over the years my insurance company forced me to try all the allergy medicines that went OTC in hopes that they wouldn't have to continue to pay for Allegra by prescription. However, nothing ever worked for me like Allegra. The other drugs caused side effects that I could not tolerate. I have no side-effects from Allegra what-so-ever. It has been a miracle medication for me and my year-round allergies."

Mschnicke (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for : "This year has been the absolute worst for me. My allergies are ridiculous. The sneezing and itchy throat is my biggest issue. I am now using Allegra D every 12 hours. I am going to try adding the regular Allegra for 24 hours as well. Just can't take it anymore. Hoping this year is not repeated."

Anonymous April 14, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Allegra does not help my hay fever . I still have a running nose, itchy throat, and itchy eyes."

Johns47 April 12, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Good so far. This is my first use of the 180mg tablet. Since this has been a mild winter, I have been fighting allergies and bronchitis for months. Tussionex and Cheratussin neither one worked. I'm still coughing, but not at much. The only problem is, I can't go to sleep at night."

Anonymous March 17, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "My husband got a very acute urtricaria on his whole body for 2 weeks. Nothing helped really to get rid of the burning patches. Benadryl caused more drowsiness then any help and additionally my husbands face was sweeling all over when taking Benadryl. Finally we got Allegra 180 mg pills. And just after the first Allegra pill all red patches on his skin and all swollen areas were gone for good as long as he keeps taking it twice a day 180 mg each tablet. This medicine is really great."

fanofallegra February 27, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Allegra has done the trick for me for years. My only disappointment is the expense of the 12-hour dosage now that my insurance company doesn't cover it anymore. It's a better deal to purchase the 24-hour dose but I don't like taking a higher dose of medication if it isn't necessary."

Anonymous August 5, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have urticaria for more then 6 years. Finally I got this pill Allegra 180mg, finally works. I took about a week and my hives are really gone, and now I'm finally happy and I don't feel any side effects at all. "

Ladyy July 27, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I love Allegra for my allergies because it doesn't make me drowsy. This week it went to an over the counter medication so my insurance won't pay for it anymore. "

Larrk July 24, 2011