User Reviews for Fexofenadine

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Allegra ODT, Aller-Ease, Mucinex Allergy

Learn more about Fexofenadine.

Urticaria 13 reviews 190 medications

9.5
Hay Fever 38 reviews 797 medications

7.9
Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 51 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Fexofenadine

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "I have been taking Allegra for over a decade when it was only available on prescription. Over the years my insurance company forced me to try all the allergy medicines that went OTC in hopes that they wouldn't have to continue to pay for Allegra by prescription. However, nothing ever worked for me like Allegra. The other drugs caused side effects that I could not tolerate. I have no side-effects from Allegra what-so-ever. It has been a miracle medication for me and my year-round allergies."

Mschnicke (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for : "This year has been the absolute worst for me. My allergies are ridiculous. The sneezing and itchy throat is my biggest issue. I am now using Allegra D every 12 hours. I am going to try adding the regular Allegra for 24 hours as well. Just can't take it anymore. Hoping this year is not repeated."

Anonymous April 14, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "Allegra does not help my hay fever . I still have a running nose, itchy throat, and itchy eyes."

Johns47 April 12, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "Good so far. This is my first use of the 180mg tablet. Since this has been a mild winter, I have been fighting allergies and bronchitis for months. Tussionex and Cheratussin neither one worked. I'm still coughing, but not at much. The only problem is, I can't go to sleep at night."

Anonymous March 17, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "My husband got a very acute urtricaria on his whole body for 2 weeks. Nothing helped really to get rid of the burning patches. Benadryl caused more drowsiness then any help and additionally my husbands face was sweeling all over when taking Benadryl. Finally we got Allegra 180 mg pills. And just after the first Allegra pill all red patches on his skin and all swollen areas were gone for good as long as he keeps taking it twice a day 180 mg each tablet. This medicine is really great."

fanofallegra February 27, 2012

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "Allegra has done the trick for me for years. My only disappointment is the expense of the 12-hour dosage now that my insurance company doesn't cover it anymore. It's a better deal to purchase the 24-hour dose but I don't like taking a higher dose of medication if it isn't necessary."

Anonymous August 5, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have urticaria for more then 6 years. Finally I got this pill Allegra 180mg, finally works. I took about a week and my hives are really gone, and now I'm finally happy and I don't feel any side effects at all. "

Ladyy July 27, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "I love Allegra for my allergies because it doesn't make me drowsy. This week it went to an over the counter medication so my insurance won't pay for it anymore. "

Larrk July 24, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "I used to take Seldane (worked great) until they took it off of the market and replaced it with Allegra. 180mg dose of Allegra (NOT Allegra-D) does not provide all day relief if I spend extended time outdoors during allergy season. However, 240mg dose works great. 240mg dose is one 180mg tablet (once daily) at start of day plus one 60mg tablet (12 hour product) before going outside. "

Anonymous June 7, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "I've suffered from allergies for years, but all other allergy medications either make me very drowsy or don't work well. With Allegra, I have NO side effects and feel 100% better after taking it. I am so glad that I finally found something that really works for me!"

Anonymous April 23, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for : "It didn't work for me. I have been sneezing while taking the medicines. I will go back to other allergy medicines."

Anonymous April 18, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "Very satisfied. Does what it claims to do and I don't feel any side effects."

AA12 April 15, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "Works much better than other over the counter medicines. My allergy came back this time of the year, and this year got worse. My sneezing won't stop even to the point I get nosebleed. So I tried Allegra, it did suppressed all the sneezing for hours, however my nose still somewhat congested. When they mean "non-drowsy", they really mean it. I took other over the counter allergy medicines before, which they listed as "non-drowsy", but I constantly found myself falling asleep every now and then."

Anonymous April 4, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "Recently I have been having VERY bad allergies and went to the doctor. She said that I should try Allegra (not Allegra-D) and that it is available over the counter. I went to the store but could not find any adult 12 hour Allegra. This disappointed me because I knew the 24 hour pills usually don't work. I went ahead and bought the smallest package of pills I could get (5) of the 180mg dosage. I took one and it cleared up my symptoms and made me feel better but that night I woke up after about 4 hours of sleep and could not get back to sleep. I didn't take one the next day as I wanted to get a good nights rest. Yesterday I took another and the same thing happened again. I just want to SLEEP!"

bdalbrecht March 29, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "It's the best medicine for hives. I took 1 and it's all gone."

Clintwils February 26, 2011

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "Allegra is really good at working for hay fever but I have been using antidepressants for about two years and I am having some sleeping problems now. Using Allegra is making it hard to get to sleep early."

nivas August 13, 2010

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "All I can say is that Allegra is worth it..It may be expensive but it can cure skin allergy fast..fantastic!"

lorina January 27, 2010

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "I suffer from chronic sinusitis caused by allergies. I also had a bad case of bronchitis a year and a half ago and 3 respiratory infections since. I have tried a bunch of antibiotics, Claritin D, Zyrtec, Bendryl, Mucinex, Singulair, cough syrups and other OTC decongestants, herbal supplements, steroids, and the Neti Pot. Only the Neti Pot helped me feel better for an hour or so and washed away a lot of the allergens but the sinus inflammation and bronchial irritation due to post nasal drip returned fast. I just started using Allegra 3 days ago and the difference is remarkable. I can breath again! I also sleep better and I don't feel tired all the time. I have not experienced any side-effects so far."

Julie's mom December 20, 2009

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "I started having horrible allergy/sinus problems in April of this year. I was having horrible migraine-like sinus headaches every single day. I tried EVERYTHING: Benadryl, Tylenol Sinus & Congestion, Sudafed PE, Advil Sinus & Cold, prescription Claritin, and a whole lot of natural remedies such as Apple Cider Vinegar (horrible taste ugh) and Cayenne Pepper. Then the doctor gave me Allegra D-24 hour and I was cured within an hour! It was amazing! I recently ran out and on day 2 my horrible headaches were back. I went to the doctor and she refilled my Allegra D-24 hour and I was feeling normal again in an hour! I highly recommend this! (The Allegra D-12 hour did not work for me only the 24 hour version.)"

K_W November 24, 2009

For Hay Fever: "I find Fexofenadine HCL very effective against my allergies which seem to be a year-round problem, but I have also found it gives me a headache which doesn't go away with your average OTC medicines. I tried my mother's prescription, same dosage, different manufacturer, and no headache (weird) so I may have my Doctor to give me some but otherwise it's GREAT!"

Anonymous September 15, 2009

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "Allegra is the only allergy medicine that helps me. Other prescription or over the counter medicines just seem to mask the problem, and they do not even do it that well for me. My insurance company (Aetna) stopped covering it last year and I decided to use other brands because of the price of Allegra. Next year I think I'll pay the money for the Allegra."

riparyan September 9, 2009

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "It works great! My nose is like 98% of the time clear, just some sniffles every now and then when it's windy. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a stronger stomach (as it caused me to go to the toilet more often as a side effect), then me. Hardly any fiber in my diet, I'm trying to change that."

Anonymous May 28, 2009

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "I have taken it for years. It does not make me drowsy and works great. "

annakaranda1957 May 11, 2009

For : "It works great. I love it."

Anonymous March 30, 2009

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Hay Fever: "It works great. I love it."

svman March 30, 2009