User Reviews for Fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Allegra-D 12 Hour, Allegra-D 24 Hour

Learn more about Fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine.

Hay Fever 24 reviews 860 medications

8.1
Summary of Fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine reviews 24 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine

Review by synthkon (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: It works pretty good. My only two negatives are that the nasal decongestant in this doesn't work as well. I have to supplement occasionally with Afrin nose spray. I would be incredibly miserable without Allegra.

September 25, 2013 6:56 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: I've tried other allergy medications but Allegra-D is the only one that works. I used to get constant post nasal drip and have to clear my throat all the time. On this medication I feel amazing. It does however cause insomnia and bad dry mouth. It also makes it so I don't get a full erection. So do I feel better and not have sex or what?

September 15, 2013 3:51 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: It has helped take the edge off of my allergies, but the dry mouth it causes is horrible. I need water constantly or my mouth and throat get so dry its actually becomes difficult to breath.

April 6, 2013 7:21 PM
Review by KK57 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: I love this. If I don't take it, I ALWAYS end up with a sinus infection and a trip to the Dr. When I do take it, I don't sleep as well, but I'm not tired in between. My major issue is that I am always constipated when I take Allegra-D and my periods are excruciatingly painful.

December 21, 2012 1:39 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: This is the only medicine that works for my allergies. I get horrible allergies, so miserable I can't breath. This medication helps me a lot but I have trouble to sleep.

September 10, 2012 12:20 AM
Review by Johnastan: User Rating:

fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine for Hay Fever: Allegra-D 24 hour has been the best thing for clearing my chronic rhinitis. However, I've also been suffering from excessive daytime sleepiness and am wondering if taking this in combination with Lexapro (for anxiety) is causing it.

January 11, 2012 10:47 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): This medicine is like magic. I had constant post-nasal drip and congestion before I took this medicine. It was so bad I had trouble sleeping because I couldn't breathe through my nose. I also used to get sore throats frequently due to the post-nasal drip. On Allegra those symptoms are gone. I can actually breathe like a human and sleep better. The only side effect is dry mouth but that just makes me drink more water which is a good thing. I am glad this is available over the counter now, but I hate how you only get 10 at a time.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 5, 2011 11:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine for Hay Fever: For months I had a pain on the top right side of my head, not a headache. No Doctor was able to find out what is causing the pain and dizziness when bending over to pick up anything at all but figured that maybe be some type of allergy to the nasal section. This medicine FEXOFENADINE-D 24 HOUR, after a few days of usage the pain has been released and was able to bend over to pick up anything without getting dizzy. I was thinking that I was better and stopped taking it for a few days and all systems came back. I'm not really good in medication information but I know I have not gotten any side effects and am doing good when I take them as directed.

July 7, 2011 5:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am allergic to mold and mildew, short of moving to AZ I have allergies 24/7 365 days. I have been on Allegra D for better than 8 years. I have no side effects and without it I would not be breathing. I also use a nasal spray when the pills can't keep the nasal passages clear enough for me to breath (mostly spring and fall). Prescription plans stopped covering it over two years ago so OTC has cut my costs but a pain to have to buy every 10 days.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 11, 2011 11:38 AM
Review by Kadee II:

fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine for Hay Fever: I'm severely allergic to mold, dust and some seasonal allergens. Allegra D is the only medicine I've tried that gives me fast relief (Within 15-20 mins from taking). An attack can come on very fast and is severe enough that I have injured myself scratching my face and eyes. I have a mild asthmatic type attack with this also. This medicine is a life saver for me.

March 19, 2011 4:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine for Hay Fever: This works really well, but 240 mgs. is an OBSCENE amount of Psuedoephedrine. (That's 8 typical cold pills.)

January 25, 2010 2:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: I tried some samples my doctor had supplied for allergy symptoms. It has helped my allergy symptoms and also seems to be an appetite suppressant. I had no adverse side effects. I got a prescription and wow is it expensive! My insurance plan wouldn't pay for i.

October 29, 2009 1:26 PM
Review by C a lli: User Rating:

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: I have chronic rhinitis. I was very ill last year, and my immune system hasn't been the same since. My immune system now reacts to everything around me, i.e. I'm allergic to all of my surroundings: dust, pollen, etc. Instead of the typical runny nose and sneezing, the inner membrane of my nose would swell almost completely shut. I was miserable. Accompanied by a nasal spray, Allegra D was the best thing that's ever been prescribed to me! Although at first I suffered severe insomnia, the side-effects became milder with time.

October 13, 2009 4:35 PM
Review by Illinois chick: User Rating:

fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine for Hay Fever: Allegra works really well for hay fever. I don't like the side effects though. I haven't experienced insomnia but I feel super hot (body temperature) when I take it. I also feel thirsty as well. I do suggest taking on your day off to see how your body acts on it.

August 29, 2009 11:42 PM
Review by Sweet Sanpete: User Rating:

fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine for Hay Fever: I've tried many over the counter medicines for allergies. None come even close to working as well as Allegra-D. I also have suffered no side effects, including insomnia.

July 14, 2009 4:54 PM
Review by SherA: User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: Allergra D, is the best medicine for my allergies and I've taken just about every over the counter medicine. I have terrible hay fever and I'm allergic to almost all grasses, trees, pollen in my region (Midwest- Illinois). My allergist suggested that I move to Arizona. Unlike Allegra D 12-hour, I'm having trouble with side effects: insomnia, nausea, heart burn, cramping. The stomach-related effects are beginning to taper off, but the insomnia isn't.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 10, 2009 3:37 PM
Review by jay p: User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: This medicine works really good for me.

April 13, 2009 11:52 AM
Review by gangof4: User Rating:

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: I have severe pollen allergies and Allegra D was the best medicine I ever took, until I could not sleep. It causes insomnia in me so the trade off is insomnia versus feeling miserable 24/7. It took 2-3 days before I first received relief. Then there was a huge difference.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2009 3:19 PM
Review by msdill: User Rating:

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: Good for Hay fever symptoms but caused insomnia.

March 25, 2009 5:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: Efficient for allergies, but bad side effects. I experienced many of them: ringing in my ears, insomnia, unusual behavior, anxiety, unable to concentrate, itchy skin, and a couple more.

March 10, 2009 10:22 AM
Review by Gnarlodious: User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): Very effective against seasonal allergies from Juniper pollen. Reduces symptoms by about 80%, so I gave it a rating of 8.

March 8, 2009 6:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: I felt like I was drowning. Took one pill and within 30 minutes I could breath again.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2008 6:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: When fall sets in so do allergies where I live. After a trip to the doctor I was prescribed Allegra D- 12 Hour, and found that I had the sinus pressure relieved within 2 1/2 - 3 hours. However when drugs.com list states 'dizziness' as a side effect, they're not kidding. I had to get someone to take me home because I (personally) was too dizzy to even walk straight. So if this is prescribed to you I would suggest taking it on a day 'off' such as a weekend, or at night to discover how it affects you personally before you take it on a work day and find out the bad way.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 1, 2008 9:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: I used to take an allergy drug called Ornade some years ago. It provided me instant relief of my allergy symptoms (hayfever and ragweed-related). Since then the only allergy medication that gives me that kind of relief is Allegra-D.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 20, 2008 8:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: The antihistamine effects aren't as strong as immediate release diphenhydramine (Benadryl), but it still works pretty well and the continuous release is a nice thing to have.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 15, 2008 7:26 PM

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video