User Reviews for Toviaz

Learn more about Toviaz.

Reviews for Toviaz to treat Urinary Incontinence

Review by Lola's Mummy:

I was put on Toviaz after a serious back injury caused nerve damage to my bladder. At first I was getting 5-6 hours sleep a night when first prescribed the 4mg but I'm back to waking at least twice and it's awful sitting on the toilet, having the urge to go but not being able to produce anything without going through the rigmarole of putting on taps, kneading my bladder etc. I suffered the dry mouth but after 10 weeks use it seems to be subsiding. The other thing I have notice ( hard not to!!) is the severe weight gain... 11lbs in 2 months!! I have reduced mobility with the back injury so it would be difficult for me to continue on Toviaz and not be able to lose the extra pounds. I've been on Oxybutnin and Vesicare, both with side effects.

February 13, 2012 6:07 PM

I've been taking Toviaz 8mg for the past 3 weeks and it's been a life saver for me. Not being able to control urinating had been getting worse and worse over the past 3 yrs. I was given a 2 week sample of the 8mg after I had a urodynamic study done. It found that my bladder functioned perfectly normal - no spasms. The next day I didn't make it into work, I had to go home and clean up/change clothes. So, I've been taking the Toviaz since that day and BAM the sudden urges are gone! I do have the chronic dry mouth and mild tiredness and found that taking it during the day verses at night was the better solution. Waking up with cotton mouth in the middle of the night was a big problem. I suggest trying it, it's worth it!

June 22, 2011 2:47 PM