User Reviews for Toviaz

Learn more about Toviaz.

Toviaz Review Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Toviaz to treat Overactive Bladder

"Works Great, but too expensive for me !"

Yancy76 April 27, 2015

"I have been taking this medicine for 3 weeks now and have found it definitely works. Tried Vesicare before this but had no luck. Only problem I have though is my appetite has increased a lot & I'm finding it hard not to eat too much! So weight gain is a side effect for me, also had sudden hair growth on my hips. I'm a very unhairy person who only has to shave my legs about 4 times a year yet suddenly after starting this medicine I have had black thick hair coming through with a rash in uncommon places. Think I may Have to stop this medicine if it continues."

Spongebob2089 January 4, 2014

"Been on this medicine for a while now and its been a God send. Tried Vesicare at first but that didn't work."

random123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2013

"My urologist prescribed Toviaz 8mg timed release for symptoms of OAB (frequency, constant urge, etc.). I took it everyday for 25 days. I noticed a very small difference in frequency during the night, but nothing major. In the morning, I would actually have a stronger urge than before. After about 2 weeks on it, I started to feel very dizzy. I thought it was a cold or a migraine and kept taking the medication. After about a week of extreme dizziness and feeling slightly nauseous because of it, I realized it must have been the Toviaz. I stopped taking it and the dizziness passed within 24 hours. Also my mind cleared and I realized I had major brain fog on it. No other side effects though. Just not worth it for me. Perhaps I'll try again later"

Nat Puma (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2013

"Toviaz really helped control bladder but I, personally, experienced extreme dry throat and mouth constantly to the point of dehydration and was always freezing cold which is very unusual for me. I drank tons of water and unsweet tea, neither helped. Finally I gave up taking it and my hydration returned to normal. I think I will go back to my oxybutynin until I see my MD for a different med."

Samsung Gal (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2013

"I had tried just about every other medication out there, but none of them worked well for me. Then tried the 4mg Toviaz sample, which helped some but didn't stop the problem. The 8mg Toviaz has been a life saver! It completely stopped my overactive bladder symptoms. It does cause dry mouth, and after around 3 weeks on it, I'll start to get a little hoarse. If I stop taking it over a weekend, by Monday, the hoarseness has subsided and I can start taking it again. It does cause dry mouth, and I have to be careful about constipation. But it works! Now if I can just get my insurance company to cover it."

BamaGirl67 August 19, 2013

"I was given the 8mg sample to try for overactive bladder. I took it one day and had a constant urge to urinate all day and night. I tried to urinate about every 15 minutes and very little came. Didn't take it for 10 days. Tried again with the same result. "

toviazisnotforme (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2013

"My 10 year old daughter with spina bifida uses it. the main thing that we have noticed is the dry mouth. Her lips are cracked but we apply Carmex and increase fluid intake, because the benefits out way the risks. A satisfied customer. "

nu nu (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2013

"Works great for the urinary problem but created a whole lot of other issues. Severe weight gain, anxiety(moody), constipation, etc. Taking 4 mg every other day I was up to 1 to 2 hours but still had issues. Up it to 4 mg daily is when I really noticed the above. Not a good fit for me."

BAD BLADDER January 7, 2013

"I also started with an 8mg sample from my doctor for overactive bladder. I felt relief from the pressure within a couple of days. But several weeks ago I started feeling extremely nauseous. So much that I have difficulty getting through my work day. I also became extremely constipated. It seems like most of these medications have the same side effects. I will probably stop the Toviaz and get my life back."

Anonymous December 12, 2012

"Did not work for me at all. Out of the several Overactive bladder medicines I have tried, this one was the worst for me. In fact, it made my symptoms worse. Urgency, accidents, pain and frequency all grew worse and within a matter of days I was back wearing disposable briefs because I had very little bladder control. Once I stopped it and switched to Sanctura, things improved."

Anonymous June 9, 2012

"Update from August 2011: This medicine gave me back my life! I take one 8mg. tablet every morning and I feel like a normal woman again. No more worrying about finding a bathroom every place I go to. Only side effect I experience is a dry mouth sometimes. It is a very costly medication unfortunately but the results could not be better. Highly recommend trying it. It literally changed my life for the better!"

MRSDJMCW February 23, 2012

"I was taking Toviaz 4mg and that wasn't working for my bladder pressure. I doubled the dose and had some relief but the pressure wasn't totally gone. I get severe dry mouth and constipated. I have also noticed weight gain. About 7 pounds in 3 months even with exercising."

Tiredoffeelingthisway December 28, 2011

"I was prescribed 4mg of Toviaz after Detrol LA (didn't work) and Vesicare (didn't work-increased dosage made me extremely tired). It seemed to work great at first. I was able to get 4-5 hours of sleep in a row without waking. However, the effects diminished around the 7-8 week mark, especially at night. I even changed my diet and followed the "Your Way" plan. I'm trying the 8mg dosage today. I do like how Pfizer gives you a discount card. I pay only $5 out-of-pocket a month."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

"Insomnia every night. Glad I am on it for short duration."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

"Toviaz worked very well for the first few weeks, but then started losing its effectiveness. I used to wake up 10 times a night to use the bathroom and now I get up around 5 times a night. It causes dry mouth (which is especially bad during the night) and also makes me tired. Also, the best insurance plans typically won't cover this medication (I pay $70 for one month supply)."

P06 June 16, 2011

"The medicine does it's job. Although I experience severe dry mouth and nightmares. Nightmares weren't listed as a side effect, but my doctor knew about it and didn't tell me when he prescribed it. Nightmares are supposed to subside. After 6 weeks I still have them a few times a week."

Anonymous March 3, 2011

"I had a very severe bladder infection that caused bladder spasms, so my doctor gave me samples of the 4 mg Toviaz. It definitely worked. I was able to urinate only when needed, and was not running to the bathroom every time I took a few sips of liquid. I was actually able to make it through 6 hours of sleep! My only problem is that after about 12 hours the urges to urinate begin to increase again. I wish they had a shorter acting product that could be taken every 12 hours instead of every 24, because my body seems to metabolize it very quickly. It would be nice to take it when I got up and again in the evening. "

Anonymous February 6, 2011

"I was given 8mg samples by my physician and took one after dinner. I was up all night with strong urge to urinate every 10 minutes but only a few drops came out. 2nd day & night was the same. Had to have a catheter placed on 3rd day as bladder was full - over 700 ml and could not urinate at all. Took catheter out after 5 days but still could not urinate all day and it was replaced late in the afternoon."

Tomas941 January 19, 2011

"I am on a 4 mg sample, but I have to stop because of side effect (dry mouth)."

lacimozes November 17, 2010

"I started taking the 8mg dose of Toviaz about 2 weeks ago. Before I took the medicine, I was going to the bathroom to pee every 1/2 hour. No sleep at all. Toviaz changed my life, I now only go pee about 8 times a day. Toviaz has given back my life. It may not work for everyone, but it sure was a life saver to me!"

LarryE September 18, 2010

"My doctor gave me the 14 day sample pack of Toviaz (4mg). By the second day, I could tell it was working. (Less trips to the bathroom). The third and fourth day I experienced some blurred vision, lasting for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. Since then I have not had blurred vision. I have been taking Toviaz for a month now and I am very happy that I don't have to look for a washroom everywhere I go. When I go out for walks I can stay out for over an hour without having to worry if I'll make it home in time! My only question at this time is could Toviaz be making me tired and if so, will the tiredness go away? Since I started taking it, I have been lacking energy. Otherwise, I like how the medicine works for me."

Anonymous June 20, 2010

"I was given the 4 mg sample. After the first day I was unable to urinate and after several trips to the bathroom I was able to drain the bladder. A few days later I tried a second time with the same result."

Anonymous June 19, 2010

"I have tried 4 different medicines for overactive bladder and I can tell you this works. I am sleeping much better since I do not have to get up every hour to run to the bathroom. I have only taken this for two weeks. Thank you Pfizer. "

Anonymous January 8, 2010

"I was given the 8mg sample. By the second day the medication began to work. I could not urinate for most of the day. It was a very annoying feeling to feel like you have to go and can't. I stopped taking the medication after the third day when I felt constipated."

Anonymous October 31, 2009