User Reviews for Ferrous sulfate

Also known as: Chem-Sol, Fe 50, Fe Caps, Feosol Original, Fer-Gen-Sol, Fer-In-Sol, Fer-Iron, Feratab, Fero-Gradumet Filmtab, FeroSul, Ferra T.D. Caps, Ferra-TD, Ferro-Bob, Ferro-Time, Ferrospace, ...show all 23 brand names

Learn more about Ferrous sulfate.

Vitamin/Mineral Supp...n and Deficiency 1 reviews 580 medications

Vitamin/Mineral Supp...gnancy/Lactation 1 reviews 482 medications

Anemia Associated wi...ic Renal Failure 1 reviews 60 medications

Iron Deficiency Anemia 5 reviews 80 medications

7.2
Summary of Ferrous sulfate reviews 8 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Ferrous sulfate

Review by Dr Waqar Anwer MD:

Feosol Original (ferrous sulfate) for Anemia Associated with Chronic Renal Failure: 5 years

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by KatKatS:

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: Technically this helped my anemia - got me from ferritin levels of about 5 to 15 in three months. Apparently it should have been much more though, so not sure what I did wrong. Anyway, it did help most of my bad anemia symptoms - heart palpitations, restless leg, tiredness when just walking to the shops. Downside is that it tends to mess up my digestion - unlike other people here who said it constipates them, it gives me a diarrhoea, especially when I drink it with juice.

November 15, 2013 11:26 AM

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: I have only been taking ferrous Sulphate for 3 weeks but have found the results beneficial. My anemia was affecting my school work and social life as I had no energy to walk and it was really challenging me. Now, I can do normal things and don't get as tired - I believe they are working very well. But, I seem to have got the short straw with the side effects. I now suffer from great constipation. I am also nauseous most days and my appetite has been lost. So, even though I have more energy etc., I am still not myself as I am always feeling sick or having bowel troubles.

November 23, 2011 5:25 PM

Review by feelingbetter66:

Slow Fe (ferrous sulfate) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: I have really bad acid reflux and had suffered from anemia most of my adult life due to heavy periods. Regular iron supplements would irritate the lining of my stomach and cause lots of pain but this product is great. I have been taking Slow Fe for two weeks and I feel better already. I have more energy, less shortness of breath, less pain in my body and I don't crave for ice anymore. It can only get better. My iron level was 9.0 before starting slow Fe. I will go to my doctor sometime in August. The only side effect is mild constipation.

August 1, 2011 8:39 AM

For Iron Deficiency Anemia: This form of iron gives me massive cluster-like headaches. I switched to an iron gluconate time-release dose and have no headaches, but do have some minor stomach upset and constipation. Those I can live with!

November 28, 2010 1:21 AM

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation and Deficiency: I get cramps from racing motorcross. We call it "arm pump". I take only one a day for 3 days before the race and get no arm pump. I now have about 15-20 people using it. It's hard to find sometimes.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2009 12:16 PM

Review by TaraH.:

For Vitamin/Mineral Supplementation during Pregnancy/Lactation: I have been taking Ferrous Sulfate for more than a year now. Something of surprise to me is I used to have Restless Legs Syndrome but now I do not have it anymore. I take ferrous sulfate 3 times a day.

January 23, 2009 11:19 AM

Review by trasins:

Slow Fe (ferrous sulfate) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: I was anemic for years, and thought it was just the way I was. I had no idea that the soda I was drinking was stopping my body from absorbing iron (and calcium). One night, my heart rate didn't slow down. I woke my husband and we went to the hospital. I found that my anemia was so bad that my red blood cells couldn't get enough oxygen to my body, and my heart was racing trying to get more Oxygen delivered. The doctors said my heart would have just given up had I not come in. I found "normal" iron pills gave me horrible, painful gas. Slow FE was the only iron that didn't. It's made differently than iron pills and your body is able to break it down without the difficult side effects, but it can cause constipation. I eat 3 prunes a day.

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2008 8:59 AM