User Reviews for Fentora

Learn more about Fentora.

Fentora review summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Breakthrough Pain.

Reviews for Fentora to treat Breakthrough Pain

Review by 22met15area12 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

i am on methadone for cauda equina nerve pain, and CRPS/RSD. If it was not for the fentora i would be dead years ago. I needed something to knock out the pain fast, as i have bone on bone/nerves in my lower back , no hardware, 2 emerg lamy's, nerves entrapped. Opana for breakthrough took too long, i waited as long as i could , 45 min to 60min. Be on floor in a ball with shocks every 6 seconds,and toes and feet sawed off. Body would Jolt . I would take another dose of opana and a couple time i almost woke up dead, in my own excrement. Only complaint i have on Fentora is that it is like a sweet tart, and you're not suppose to suck on them, . I also have sore in my buccal area now

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2014 9:31 PM

I have a type of neuropathy that basically cripples me. I was taking oxycodone for years but it just made it so I could function. When my doctor prescribed Fentora it was like a miracle. I can live now. Not just get by.

January 9, 2012 7:55 PM

Review by podoc:

I have MS and one of my symptoms is severe pain with muscle spasms. It gets so bad as to completely debilitate me where I am unable to stand, sit for long periods of time and walk up or down stairs. This medication is life saving for me. It has allowed me to return my functioning so that I am mobile again. I can walk up stairs, work out for short periods of time and live a fairly functional life were I can go to the store, walk around and attend family functions.

October 12, 2011 5:13 PM

Review by rsd victim:

I'm in the same situation, my insurance stop paying for Fentora. Their response is that Fentora is used only for cancer patients. If there is more people in this situation please write. RSD is a terrible illness in my opinion.

June 2, 2010 1:08 AM

Review by anonamous:

I have used Fentora for breakthrough pain due to RSD which is a nerve disorder. The medication when I can take it makes a huge difference in my daily routine. Unfortunately the last 2 years my current insurance will not pay for it so my family has been paying for it. Initially we paid $4000.00/month which quickly became impossible. I am currently taking 1/4 of my daily dose I should be on. Needless to say my daily routine now causes me to spend a lot of time in bed, pain and nonproductive.

February 8, 2010 1:33 PM